Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Is The Last Movie Of Anil Biswas?
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Anil Biswas
SuDeo

I had always thought Angulimaal to be the last movie for which Anil Biswas composed music. But in this forum some members have asserted that the last film is Chhoti Chhoti Batein!

Can somebody confirm the truth? Is it possible that Angulimaal was really the last film, but CCB was released later due to unexpected death of its producer Moti Lal?

Subhash G Deo
sri
Angulimaal was released in 1960

Chhoti chhoti baatein released in 1965...the same year in which Motilal, the producer/director/main actor of the film died.

In between there were another 4 films

CCB was the last film of Anil Biswas.

Sri

harihar
QUOTE(sri @ May 31 2006, 12:18 AM) *

Angulimaal was released in 1960

Chhoti chhoti baatein released in 1965...the same year in which Motilal, the producer/director/main actor of the film died.

In between there were another 4 films

CCB was the last film of Anil Biswas.

Sri

Yes Sri ji u are absolutely right

Anil Biswas’s later films were Aaram (1951), Taraana (1951). Doraaha (1952), Hamdard (1953), Waaris (1954), Pardesi (1957), Sautela Bhai (1962) and Chhoti Chhoti Baaten (1965) the last named movie, very sensitively directed and produced by actor-par-excellence, Motilal, turned out to be the swan song for its creator. Motilal died before the film was released and crashed at the box office.
Anilda later scored the music for Doordarshan's pioneering TV series Hum Log (1984) and a number of documentaries for Films Division.

Check this out too

http://anilbiswas.com/
harihar
another addition

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.i...24d257a4b63ecf3

Shraddhanjali to Anil-da : Bangalore : 31st May

There is a program to observe the 2nd death anniversary of the maestro.
It will feature music created by him for films and dance productions
(including The Vision of Amir Khusrau, Hoysala Vaibhava, Surdas).
Natya Institute of Kathak and Choreography (headed by Maya Rao)
will present excerpts of these ballets.

The details are as follows:

31st May, 2006 at 6:30pm.
Venue: Yavanika, Nrpathunga Road (near RBI), Bangalore

For details please contact the Natya Institute: +91-80-2334-8645
SuDeo
Dear Shri Sri and Shri Harihar,

Thanks for clearing the doubt! I still don't rememember why I always considered Angulimal to be the last movie!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.