Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yahoo! Mail
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
extenok
Trying to lure users in staying with Yahoo!Mail ?

Great news – Yahoo! Mail is new and improved!

Thanks for being a loyal Yahoo! Mail user. To ensure that Yahoo! Mail continues to be the easiest, most enjoyable way for you to stay in touch, we've made several great improvements to your service! In addition to all the features you currently enjoy, we've made these upgrades:

* Streamlined interface
      Makes using your mail even easier
    * 100MB of email storage
      Keep more of the things that are important to you – without worrying about bumping up against your storage limit.
    * Message size up to 10MB
      Send monster-sized files – photos, presentations, whatever!

So thanks again for choosing Yahoo! Mail to keep in touch, and we hope you enjoy the additional services now at your fingertips. For more information, please visit our Help page.

Yeah right. tongue.gif
These guys needed Gmail to get them off their behinds. laugh.gif
vivekpm
Yes!!!!! I too was pleasantly surprised to see this message when I logged in to my yahoo account today smile.gif

100 MB is really good.

But friends, just wait for GMail. Is anyone here amongst the beta user of GMail? I saw GMail account (a friend is a beta tester) and that thing is damn fast and very very user friendly with tons of useful features plus 1000 MB space....

Cheers,
iqbal

That is excellent news, Hotmail are bound to increase their storage too.
Pradeep
And premium members get 2GB space with no ads. Only wish I was able to access it from office.
Chitralekha
Truely awesome!!! LONG LIVE YAHOOO!!!!!

YIIIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS A GREAT DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! wowzersssssssssssssssssssssss!

yessssss!! yahoo rockssssss! wooohooooooooO!@

wacko.gif
Chitralekha
QUOTE (vivekpm @ Jun 15 2004, 05:49 AM)
Yes!!!!! I too was pleasantly surprised to see this message when I logged in to my yahoo account today smile.gif

100 MB is really good.

But friends, just wait for GMail. Is anyone here amongst the beta user of GMail? I saw GMail account (a friend is a beta tester) and that thing is damn fast and very very user friendly with tons of useful features plus 1000 MB space....

Cheers,

Gmail - I think they're still in testing phase. Once things are going well they will probably let more people register? But I doubt it now that yahoo has already converted all accts to 100MB. *yayyyy* It is a happy dayyyyY!!

LOL I was thinking of hotmail.... ROFL they are gonna run out of business laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Talaikya
Yeah, that was quite a pleasant surprise ... understatement... I was floored! I looked for the fine print all over the place biggrin.gif. They are doing a good job aren't they? Email did feel a bit sluggish today though, maybe my imagination!

Pradeep
I seriously wonder what hotmail is gonna do now? Even if they go hand on with yahoo and give away 100 MB..we would only end up with more spam and more dirt.

Nice feature of yahoo that i liked is, virus cleaning... for web and for pop3. smile.gif
Pradeep
QUOTE (Talaikya @ Jun 15 2004, 05:05 PM)
Email did feel a bit sluggish today though, maybe my imagination!

It was bad yesterday... now it is fast though.
viquar
QUOTE (Pradeep @ Jun 17 2004, 08:57 AM)
It was bad yesterday... now it is fast though.

Yessssssss, Pradeep

I also very glad to see that yahoo is provided 100MB space. 2-3 days back it was showing me 79% of 5 MB. Now it is showing me 5% of 100MB Yaahoooooooooooooooooooooooo wink.gif

I dont thing ki Hotmail Chupp Rahega. coz it has already lot of features.

smile.gif Viquar ph34r.gif
Chitralekha
No matter how hard hotmail tries, it will never match up with Yahoo!

Yahoo! is way ahead in the race. Many features that Yahoo has had since the beginning, hotmail never had so practically speaking there's no comparison. Plus, all hotmail has is spam. Users get hundreds of spam emails in like 2 days. Whats the use? It's no good, just annoying.
vivekpm
Rediff has also joined the race... It now offers 1GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But still I am seriously waiting for GMail... specially its "search in mail" feature...

Cheers,
Nimii
QUOTE (Chitralekha @ Jun 18 2004, 04:19 PM)
No matter how hard hotmail tries, it will never match up with Yahoo!

Yahoo! is way ahead in the race. Many features that Yahoo has had since the beginning, hotmail never had so practically speaking there's no comparison. Plus, all hotmail has is spam. Users get hundreds of spam emails in like 2 days. Whats the use? It's no good, just annoying.

What is the point of giving us all the features if they cant handle the spam and virus attached mails ? 100 mb ya 1 gb kya farak padta hai :E

N :E
myawan
Well, as far as I think no one should have any right of searching our mails, thats really against all rules of privacy. I'll not go to GMail with this curse even if the give 10 GB.
vivekpm
QUOTE (myawan @ Jun 19 2004, 03:22 PM)
Well, as far as I think no one should have any right of searching our mails, thats really against all rules of privacy. I'll not go to GMail with this curse even if the give 10 GB.

Ek baar GMail dekh lijiye aapko jaroor pasand aayega... It has some really cool usability features. It is not special for its 1 GB storage but because of its speed and other features.

Sure there is a concern about privacy but I don't think that will be an issue at all. As far as I know GMail's engine looks for keywords in mail and insert some text ads alongside the mail. No irritating GUI ads, no added signature lines like "Do You Yahoo!!!"... Just plain text...

Cheers,
Talaikya
QUOTE (Viquar @ Jun 17 2004, 09:47 AM)
[I also very glad to see that yahoo is provided 100MB space. 2-3 days back it was showing me 79% of 5 MB. Now it is showing me 5% of 100MB Yaahoooooooooooooooooooooooo wink.gif

I was in the same boat, after the Euphoria has passed, I am now wondering, how long before this shows 79% too??? biggrin.gif

I don't know about you guys, but I like the Virus scan features a lot. I think it's indispensable and makes me feel secure, wouldn't sacrifice it for anything! I'd assume they'd be more up to date with this than I would and that's a comforting thought.

T
extenok
QUOTE (vivekpm @ Jun 19 2004, 03:48 PM)

Sure there is a concern about privacy but I don't think that will be an issue at all. As far as I know GMail's engine looks for keywords in mail and insert some text ads alongside the mail. No irritating GUI ads, no added signature lines like "Do You Yahoo!!!"... Just plain text...

Plain text, with no added features of formatting text? No emoticons?
I like the style. The search feature, I guess it was a must with the 1gb space & the amount of messages that would pile up.

Talaikya, my dear, get Gmail before you're forced to Yahoo! to 79% laugh.gif
Pradeep
QUOTE (vivekpm @ Jun 19 2004, 09:14 AM)
Rediff has also joined the race... It now offers 1GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But still I am seriously waiting for GMail... specially its "search in mail" feature...

Cheers,

Any idea whether gmail would offer pop3?.

Yahoo is also providing advanced search feature for premium members. Havent tried though.
Pradeep
QUOTE (myawan @ Jun 19 2004, 09:52 AM)

They would only search for certain keywords and put in ads. They will not log your email contents anywhere. This has been clearly mentioned by google.com. Your mail contents is accessible only to their bots and not to any human.
Pradeep
I wonder when gmail's gonna start with public registrations.
vivekpm
QUOTE (Pradeep @ Jun 21 2004, 09:35 AM)
Any idea whether gmail would offer pop3?.

Yahoo is also providing advanced search feature for premium members. Havent tried though.

GMail won't be providing pop3. But I read somewhere that people have already developed 3rd party tools for that. Remember YahooPops??

Also GMail is going public soon...

Cheers,
vivekpm
Good news for Hotmail fans!!!!!

Hotmail to offer 250 MB storage!!! Check following link...

Hotmail to offer 250 MB

I am not a hotmail fan. It sends only junk mails to me sad.gif

Cheers,
Pradeep
yeah... more space of junk... sad.gif
Pradeep
user posted image

check out http://gmail-is-too-creepy.com/

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.