Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Sbiswas
rom
Was Naushad the MD of Pakeezah? unsure.gif
sbiswas2005
QUOTE(rom @ Apr 29 2006, 05:33 PM) *

Yes...Ghulam Muhammed and Naushad both were its Music Director.

Sbiswas
ChetanNaik
When filming was started music director was Ghulam Mohammad. On his demise Naushad took over and completed the film.

Chetan
humble_rafi
I heard there is one more unreleased song of RAFI SAHAB.Is it true?

Even there is a song of PRAVEEN SULTANA.
Laique
sbiswas2005bhai,
thanks so much,
you are really a nice guy for going to all this trouble to upload these songs!
Thanks again friend
Laique
sbiswas2005
Hi Laiqueji,

Yeh lijiye..Aapka aur do gaana from the film Pakeezah Enjoy these...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Sbiswas
rom
QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Apr 29 2006, 05:35 PM) *

Yes...Ghulam Muhammed and Naushad both were its Music Director.
Sbiswas

QUOTE(ChetanNaik @ Apr 29 2006, 06:53 PM) *

When filming was started music director was Ghulam Mohammad. On his demise Naushad took over and completed the film.
Chetan

Thanks for the info, guys... I think I've read about this before, but it had slipped my mind...
Laique

Thanks Sbiswasbhai!
I just saw this post again!
Laique
joshi
QUOTE(humble_rafi @ Apr 30 2006, 01:08 AM) *

Even there is a song of PRAVEEN SULTANA.

Here's the one by Parveen Sultana...
joshi
QUOTE(humble_rafi @ Apr 30 2006, 01:08 AM) *

humble_rafi ji,

I dont remember the movie too well now but did you mean this Rafi-Shamshad duet?

sri

NO NO NO
But can't blame you for asking this question...considering the way journalists on practically all the TV channels and media across the globe have been adding Pakeezah to the list of Naushad's achievements...some TV channels kept playing 'chalte chalte' and showing screen shots of this song while discussing Naushad's death...it was just too pathetic, for words.

All the main film songs for Pakeezah (Lata and Rafi ones etc) were composed by Ghulam Mohammad.( 12 in total as Kamal Amrohi's son mentioned in an interview...though only 6 were used in the film ).......and Naushad was called in (after Ghulam Mohd died) only to complete the background music of the film, which had to be in synch with the rest of the film. Naushad being the closest contemporary of Ghulam Mohd. available at that time, was best suited for this.

But we can trust today's ignorant and 'shoot from the hip' journalists to not know anything about all this.

There were also some classical tracks sung by Rajkumari, Parween Sultana, Vani Jairam and Shobha Gurtu...these are not credited in the film...but sources attribute some of these to Naushad...maybe these were all classified as 'background music' as far as the film credits went.

Sri
joshi
QUOTE(sri @ Jun 8 2006, 09:54 AM) *

NO NO NO
But can't blame you for asking this question...considering the way journalists on practically all the TV channels and media across the globe have been adding Pakeezah to the list of Naushad's achievements...some TV channels kept playing 'chalte chalte' and showing screen shots of this song while discussing Naushad's death...it was just too pathetic, for words.

All the main songs for Pakeezah ( Lata and Rafi ones) were composed by Ghulam Mohammad.( 12 in total as Kamal Amrohi's son mentioned in an interview...though only 6 were used in the film ).......and Naushad was called in (after Ghulam Mohd died) only to complete the background music of the film, which had to be in synch with the rest of the film. Naushad being the closest contemporary of Ghulam Mohd. available at that time, was best suited for this.

But we can trust today's ignorant and 'shoot from the hip' journalists to not know anything about all this.

There were also some classical tracks sung by Rajkumari, Parween Sultana, Vani Jairam and Shobha Gurtu...these are not credited in the film...but sources attribute these to Naushad...maybe these were all classified as 'background music' as far as the film credits went.

Sri

Pretty much agree with all you said Sri ji...

Quick question though (for my records)...

"Bandhan bandho" by Shobha Gurtu ji - Is that mentioned as Naushad's composition in your album?
sri
joshi,

I find that hamaracd (owned by saregama) lists the 12 film songs composed for Pakeezah and two classical tracks sung by Shobha Gurtu and Parween Sultana as being composed by Ghulam Mohd., while the two classical tracks sung by Vani Jairam and Rajkumari are attributed to Naushad. I guess they should know since saregama owns the music......though mistakes have been known to happen now and then.
Also I must add that for classical music tracks of the heavier variety, these tracks would be 'collaborative' efforts of the artiste and the music director ....with a substantial contribution coming from the artiste...though the track may credit the music director alone
sri
sri
Here's the complete list of Pakeezah songs - from hamaracd :

1.Chalo dildaar chalo - Lata, Rafi - Ghulam Mohd
2. Chalo dildaar chalo - Lata - Ghulam Mohd
3. Chalte chalte yun hi koi - Lata - Ghulam Mohd
4. Inhi logon ne - Lata - Ghulam Mohd
5. Mausam hai ashiqana - Lata - Ghulam Mohd
6. Thade rahiyo - Lata - Ghulam Mohd
7. Teer-e-nazar dekhenge - Lata - Ghulam Mohd
8. Kaun gali gayo shyam - Parween Sultana - Ghulam Mohd
9. Bandhan baandho - Shobha Gurtu - Ghulam Mohd
10. Hatkar tere kadmon se - Rafi, Shamshad - Ghulam Mohd
11.Pee ke chale - Lata - Ghulam Mohd
12. Pyare babul - Lata - Ghulam Mohd
13. Yeh kis ki aankhon ka noor ho tum - Rafi - Ghulam Mohd
14. Tanhai sunaya karti - Lata - Ghulam Mohd
15. Gir gai re - Meena Kumari, Suman Kalyanpur - Ghulam Mohd
=========================================================
16. Najariya ki maari - Rajkumari - Naushad
17. Mora saajan souten - Vani Jairam - Naushad

Sri
joshi
Thanks Sri ji...

The song that was tagged incorrectly for me was 'Kaun gali gayo shyaam'. The mp3 I had, mentioned Naushad as the MD for that one as well...
pradeepasrani
Sri

Thanks for the complete list of Pakeezah Songs. HFGK attributes one more song to Pakeezah, Kothhe Se Bada Lamba Hamara Banna by Shamshad Begum with music by Ghulam Mohammed.

Can someone please upload songs at sr. nos. 9, 15 and 17 fro Sri's list and the above mentioned Shamshad song.

Thank You.

Pradeep
joshi
QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Jun 9 2006, 01:28 PM) *

Sri

Thanks for the complete list of Pakeezah Songs. HFGK attributes one more song to Pakeezah, Kothhe Se Bada Lamba Hamara Banna by Shamshad Begum with music by Ghulam Mohammed.

Can someone please upload songs at sr. nos. 9, 15 and 17 fro Sri's list and the above mentioned Shamshad song.

Thank You.

Pradeep

Pradeep ji,
I dont have the song by Shamshad Begum that you mentioned above.

I do have the rest and will upload these this coming weekend (if someone hasn't done it already)..

thanks!
deewani
I had both the solo Pakeezah Classic Films CD and the solo Pakeezah cassette (though I can't find Bandhan Bandho (Raga Bhopali) among my mp3s at the moment - will have to remember to rip that track). I had recorded Kothe Se Baad Lamba Hamara Banna from the cassette as it's not on the CD, the length is only 1:51 - coming at the end of the cassette, so I don't know whether the manufacturers faded out the song because of length constraints, or if that is the correct length. If anyone knows, please post and I will share it, if it seems "complete".

Thanks for the discusion about the MDs, I was very confused about this. At the top of the back of the Pakeezah CD cover it says "Music: Naushad and Ghulam Mohammed" . The CD also credits each music director underneath the songs but only from tracks 01 to 09, so as the discussion above, I see that some tracks were not credited.

Naushad's credits:
03 Nazariya Ki Mari
06 Kaun Gali - so I guess this differs from hamaracd.com ?
08 Mora Sajan

Ghulam Mohammed's credits:
01 Inhi Logon Ne
02 Chalte Chalte
04 Chalo Dildaar Chalo (female)
05 Thare Rahiyo
07 Mausam Hai Ashiqana
09 Teer-E-Nazar

In the meantime here are tracks 15 & 17 on Sri's list, as requested.
listed on the disc as:
08 Mora Sajan 17. Mora saajan souten - Vani Jairam - Naushad
Click to view attachment
12 Leke Angrai 15. Gir gai re - Meena Kumari, Suman Kalyanpur - Ghulam Mohd
Click to view attachment

Oh, and I meant to ask, what is HFGK?

sri
QUOTE(deewani @ Jun 10 2006, 05:11 AM) *

Naushad's credits:
06 Kaun Gali - so I guess this differs from hamaracd.com ?

Oh, and I meant to ask, what is HFGK?

thanks - deewani - for adding to the confusion !!! biggrin.gif Now this needs some more digging. ( and i can see joshi tearing his hair out ! )

HFGK - is the Hindi Film Geet Kosh - the massive compilation of Hindi film songs prepared by Harminder Singh 'Hamraaz'.

Sri
deewani
Oh the Geet Kosh, of course, lol. Thanks for the explanation and sorry to add to the confusion.
joshi
Uff... ye mystery kab solve hogi hairpull.gif

Chaliye, abhi ke liye meri taraf se "bandhan bandho" sung by Shubha Gurtu ji...
pradeepasrani
Many thanks Deewani and Joshiji for uploading 3 songs requested by me.

Pradeep
joshi
You're welcome Pradeep bhai...

Pakeezah is one of the 10-15 albums that I listen to (at least) once a week so was happy to share what I had with you all...
zippoo
The classiest title sequence ever (actually more of an honour roll).
deewani
QUOTE(deewani @ Jun 9 2006, 04:41 PM) *
I had recorded Kothe Se Baad Lamba Hamara Banna from the cassette as it's not on the CD, the length is only 1:51 - coming at the end of the cassette, so I don't know whether the manufacturers faded out the song because of length constraints, or if that is the correct length. If anyone knows, please post and I will share it, if it seems "complete".

Anyone have the info? Upload karun kya?
sri
QUOTE(deewani @ Jun 21 2006, 11:06 AM) *
QUOTE(deewani @ Jun 9 2006, 04:41 PM) *
I had recorded Kothe Se Baad Lamba Hamara Banna from the cassette as it's not on the CD, the length is only 1:51 - coming at the end of the cassette, so I don't know whether the manufacturers faded out the song because of length constraints, or if that is the correct length. If anyone knows, please post and I will share it, if it seems "complete".

Anyone have the info? Upload karun kya?

no one else seems to have it...so why dont you go ahead and upload your track ?
smile.gif
sri
deewani
Kothe Se Baad Lamba Hamara - Shamshad Begum
160 kbps 1:51 duration, from my cassette
Click to view attachment

joshi
QUOTE(deewani @ Jun 21 2006, 07:37 PM) *

Click to view attachment

wah wah...
Thank you so much Deewani ji. This is the one song from Pakeezah that I didn't have...
deewani
YW Joshi, although I'm pretty sure it's cut short as I have said, so sorry about that.
deewani
QUOTE(joshi @ Jun 27 2006, 11:28 PM) *
QUOTE(deewani @ Jun 21 2006, 07:37 PM) *
Click to view attachment
wah wah...
Thank you so much Deewani ji. This is the one song from Pakeezah that I didn't have...

I got the full version of Kothe Se Bada Lamba Hamara Banna - Shamshad Begum (3:26) 160 kbps, cd rip, so uploading for you Joshi, Sri, and others.

Click to view attachment

Any thoughts to the MD, anyone?
sri
thanks a lot, deewani !

music director for this song - Ghulam Mohammed

sri
deewani
QUOTE(sri @ Feb 10 2007, 09:01 PM) *
thanks a lot, deewani !

music director for this song - Ghulam Mohammed

sri

Thanks for confirming Sri, I believe I tagged that b/c I believed it so, but wasn't sure given the previous discussion.
mahesh
there was also a haunting ''daag'' ghazal appearing two or three times-yeh dhuan sa kahan se uthta hai.it was sung by naseem chopra and composed by naushad.would love to get that ghazal.

regards,
mahesh
joshi
Thanks Deewani for the complete version. Yes, it is Ghulam Mohd according to my records...
deewani
QUOTE(joshi @ Jun 10 2006, 12:56 AM) *
Uff... ye mystery kab solve hogi hairpull.gif

Mystery solved, at least if the back of the vinyls are to be believed, in regards to composers. They issue the following credits:
Pakeezah
Side One
Title Music - Alap by Lata Mangeshkar MD Naushad
Inhi Logon Ne - Lata Mangeshkar MD Ghulam Mohammed Lyrics Majrooh
Nazariya Ki Mari - Raj Kumari MD Naushad
Chalo Dildar Chalo - Lata & Rafi MD Ghulalm Mohammed Lyrics Kaif Bhopali
Kaun Gali - Parveen Sultana MD Naushad
Teer-e-Nazar - Lata Mangeshkar MD Ghulam Mohammed Lyrics Kaif Bhopali
Side Two
Thare Rahiyo - Lata Mangeshkar MD Ghulam Mohammed Lyrics Majrooh
Mausam Hai Ashiqana - Lata Mangeshkar MD Ghulam Mohammed Lyrics Kamal Amrohi
Mora Sajan - Vani Jairam MD Naushad
Chalte Chalte - Lata Mangeshkar MD Ghulam Mohammed Lyrics Kaifi Azmi

Pakeezah Rang Barang
MD Ghulam Mohammed says this at the top so all tracks credited to him
Side One
Yeh Kis Ki Aankhon Ka - Rafi
Hatkar Tere Qadmon Se - Rafi & Shamshad Begum Lyrics Kaif Bhopali
Leke Angrai - Meena Kumari and Suman Kalyanpur Lyrics Kaif Bhopali
Chalo Dildar Chalo - Lata Lyrics Kaif Bhopali
Side Two
Tanhai Sunaiya Karti Hai - Lata Lyrics Kamal Amrohi
Peeke Chale - Lata Lyrics Majrooh
Pyare Babul - Lata Lyrics Kaif Bhopali
Kothe Se Bada Lamba - Shamshad Begum - Lyrics Kaif Bhopali
Bandhan Bandho (Raga Bhopali) - Shobha Gurtu

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.