Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rafisaab's magic
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
suhana_safar
I read a member say this:

i advise all of u to be so attentive and caring aboutt every work of life specially Mohd Rafi's Songs . his every word in song reflects a new impression.

EXACTLY. A Great observation indeed.

I will be uploading several Rafisaab's numbers. Starting with Salamat Raho from Parsamani.

Listen carefully how Rafisaab creates awesome melody and style in the song.

suhana_safar
Here is another beauty......shokiyan nazar mein hein.

Just amazing.....
myawan
thanks for the great number.
ffew2002
Thanx a Ton for ur upload. smile.gif
ffew. tongue.gif
suhana_safar
This song is so romantic. Listen to the echoing alaap where Rafisaab appears to talk to the green mountains.

Just superb...
suhana_safar
This song from Roop tera mastana is the most seductive song I have ever heard. Imagine a simple softspoken angel like Rafisaab singing this song. Just speaks volumes of his talent and professionalism.

Music by L-P

Enjoy
princeali
Suhana Safar ji,

Thanks for all the songs........much appreciated........can you please upload "Waada Bhool Na Jana" as well.

Regards

Ali
suhana_safar
Here is Wada Bhool na Jana.

See how Rafisaab & Lataji complement each other.

Classy duet.

princeali
Thankz a million suhana safar bhai.........much appreciated !!

Cheers

Ali
suhana_safar
Here is a rare duet from film Duniyadari. A song made special by the vocals of Rafisaab and Lataji.

Music S-J
princeali
The 'Duniyadari' song is beautiful.........thanks alot suhana safar bhai........in the database it showed that the movie came out in 1977 which was about 6 years after Jaikishanji passed away......so Shankarji must have composed this song and it goes to show he still had it in him to come up with nice songs........if only the producers of that time felt the same way then we may have seen Shankarji compose more beautiful songs for bigger banners and bigger name movies like SJ used to.......he had the talent......all he needed was the support.......he did compose good songs for some movies post 72.......but most of them went unoticed because the movies weren't that popular........imagine being kings of the music world for aboout two decades.......ruling the music industry all that time........receiving respect like no other MD(s).......and then composing for B-grade films when no one appreciates your talent........another thought just sprung up to my mind.......if Jaikishanji hadnt passed away.......it wud have been interesting to see them compete with LP, RDB, KA, SDB and the rest in the 70's........with Rajesh Roshan and Ravindra Jain and the newer generation of music directors entering the scene, would SJ have been able to keep up in the race for numero uno ?.......I think they could have.......something to think about lol...... tongue.gif

Cheers

Ali
suhana_safar
This song in many ways is regarded as a modern classic. Sung in mid 70's for Bhushan (a small time MD) Rafisaab creates his usual magic.

Great song enjoy..
suhana_safar
Sorry guys the song is kahain aiisa na ho ajnabi....film Milap

Music Brij Bhushan
suhana_safar
Hope the song was uploaded correctly.
unni
QUOTE (suhana_safar @ Aug 6 2004, 06:50 PM)
Hope the song was uploaded correctly.

SS:

Lagta hai U/L mein kuch gadbad hai.

The file is not extracting as mp3 and clicking on the file brings up an internet connection, followed by an unsuccessful connection to a web site.

Mind checking it out?
suhana_safar
Thanks Unni,

I will soon check it out
suhana_safar
This song will meismerize you now and forever. I cant evn think anyone even attempting this one.

Kiski Jaan logi Kya Irada hein....S-j, Gunaho Ka Devta.

There is a story behind this song that I wil tell later
unni
QUOTE (suhana_safar @ Aug 18 2004, 08:35 PM)
This song will meismerize you now and forever. I cant evn think anyone even attempting this one.

Kiski Jaan logi Kya Irada hein....S-j, Gunaho Ka Devta.

There is a story behind this song that I wil tell later

SS:

The file you have uploaded is mp3 with 0 bytes. Please check it out.
suhana_safar
Unni,

Uploading again.
suhana_safar
Unni,

Here's the upload.

Gunahon ka devata
suhana_safar
Story Behind the song " Humko to barbad kiya hein"

Jettendra was a sruggling start at that time. He signed the movie and wanted Shankar Jaikishen to give the music score. The producer said that he cant afford S-J. Jettendra cut down his fees by 75%.

Later he insisted that Rafisaab sing all the songs. The producer gain refused and said that he cant afford Rafisaab.

Jettendra said that he was willing to give up even that 25% fee. When Rafisaab heard this, he sang this song with a token of 1 Rupee and asked Jeetu to keep his money back.

The song was recorded and was a hugh hit, the film was a success due to the songs sung by Rafisaab and the rest is history.

rom
Thanks for this number and the anecdote, SS ji.
As you'd know, Rafisaab often refused to accept his fee when he found that the producers couldn't afford him. One such song is Subah Na Aayi, Shaam Na Aayi. I had an Illustrated Weekly clipping running into three pages where such instances were described. I tried to find it the last time I went to my hometown but failed. doh.gif Will upload it when I find it.
BTW, I think you're making big progress in learning to upload songs... If I may, I'll offer a couple of suggestions. You don't need to put the mp3 into a folder and then zip it with winrar and then further zip it with winzip. smile1.gif One-time zip is enough. Also, apart from the mp3 file, your upload contains the song in an X' format also, which too isn't required.
Regards
suhana_safar
Hi Rom,

Are you sure I am making progress in uploading. I will take that as a complement. Thanks for your technical advice.

Cheers
suhana_safar
I cant find the browse buton to attach files. Is something wrong with the site
unni
SS:

The "BROWSE" button does not appear because the upload facility has been suspended for three days on account of site-maintenance.
suhana_safar
Unni,

Thanks...A suggestion instead of the 3 monkeys why not have 3 cats...meoew...ha ha ha
myawan
Thanks Suhana Safar for the interesting info and a great song. This incident shows how great was THE singer and what money was for him.
suhana_safar
Guys here is a 70 gen from Zindai Dil.

As usual a beautiful song enjoy.
unni
Thanks, SS.

By any chance do you have "Duniya Men Aaya Hai To Phul Khilaye Jaa, Aansoo Kisike Leke Khushiyan Lutayen Jaa" ?

suhana_safar
QUOTE(unni @ Sep 18 2004, 07:31 AM)
Thanks, SS.

By any chance do you have "Duniya Men Aaya Hai To Phul Khilaye Jaa, Aansoo Kisike Leke Khushiyan Lutayen Jaa" ?

Unni I think I have it. Can you plz tell me the movie name so that it can help me to find it in my collection.

Anyway here is another gem. Film Man Ki Ankhen - Full version - Dil Kahe Ruk Ja Re Ruk Ja...just awseome , enjoy
unni
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Sep 18 2004, 12:29 AM)
QUOTE(unni @ Sep 18 2004, 07:31 AM)
Thanks, SS.

Unni I think I have it. Can you plz tell me the movie name so that it can help me to find it in my collection.

Anyway here is another gem. Film Man Ki Ankhen - Full version - Dil Kahe Ruk Ja Re Ruk Ja...just awseome , enjoy

Nope, I don't know the name of the movie. Hope someone can help with that info.

T-JI! SHARAD! MYAWAN! FLEX! Come to the rescue!
Talaikya
QUOTE(unni @ Sep 18 2004, 10:09 AM)

SHARAD! MYAWAN! FLEX! Come to the rescue!

T chalegi??? tongue.gif

Mere armaan mere sapne, 1963, MD - N. Datta (so says Ultraindia.com). Will cross check elsewhere if I can.

T

Cross checked -
http://www.indofilms.com.au/home/myfilms/l...&language=Hindi
unni
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Sep 18 2004, 12:46 AM)
QUOTE(unni @ Sep 18 2004, 10:09 AM)

SHARAD! MYAWAN! FLEX! Come to the rescue!

T chalegi??? tongue.gif

Mere armaan mere sapne, 1963, MD - N. Datta (so says Ultraindia.com). Will cross check elsewhere if I can.

T

OOPS! tongue.gif

Previous post corrected.

Sho shorree! blab.gif
Talaikya
QUOTE(unni @ Sep 18 2004, 10:19 AM)

OOPS! tongue.gif

Previous post corrected.

Sho shorree! blab.gif

No worries mate (I chat a lot with my cousin down under), considering aaj ka din ... and for all the wonderful songs and information you've imparted all this time... party2.gif

T
myawan
Here is the sOng Unni ji! (after seeing your pic, I should add ji wink2.gif )

32kbps, MP3Pro

Quality is not that crystal clear, but still reasonable

unni
QUOTE(myawan @ Sep 18 2004, 08:46 AM)
Here is the sOng Unni ji! (after seeing your pic, I should add ji wink2.gif )

32kbps, MP3Pro

Quality is not that crystal clear, but still reasonable

Thanks a million! Heard the song after a long, long time. The sound quality was definitely acceptable. Now let's see if SS can come up with an even better recording.

Cheers!

Flex001
THUNDERBIRDS International Rescue!!! tongue.gif

Flex
unni
QUOTE(Flex001 @ Sep 18 2004, 10:31 AM)

Flex

Flex:

Thanks for fulfilling the armaan/sapna.

Sincerely appreciated.
suhana_safar
QUOTE(Flex001 @ Sep 18 2004, 08:01 PM)

Flex

Thanks flex your version is more clearer than the one i have.

Thanks again
SS
suhana_safar
Taliaka ji

This one is specially for you. Most people have heard thi song. This version however has an extra verse that recordings do not have.

And observe how Rafisaab picks up the song after a pause. Just brilliant...

Enjoy
suhana_safar
In this soong one can also see the magic of lataji. This duet is not easy to sing as it each line starts with a very low pitch. It is much esier to pick a song at a high pitch.

Rafisaab and Latji duets are unmatched..

Great song.

Aje ke intezar mein...
Talaikya
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Dec 23 2004, 07:31 PM)
Taliaka ji

This one is specially for you. Most people have heard thi song. This version however has an extra verse that recordings do not have.

And observe how Rafisaab picks up the song after a pause. Just brilliant...

Enjoy

Arre waah Suhana ji, you remembered?? This was discussed a while back. Do you think I am a patient woman? I hounded fellow forummers till someone gave me the complete version smile1.gif Still, many thanks for remembering and I will take this opportunity to hear this beautiful song again right away.
suhana_safar
This song is from film Yeh Raat Phir Na Ayegi

A monster of a song sung with unmatched brilliance. Hear how Rafisaab goes from a low to high pitch without compromising the melody of the song.

Phir Milogi kabhi.....

Wah Wah... enjoy
suhana_safar
This is a classic duet from Ambar. Music Gulam Mohammed

Hum tum yeh bahar

Rafisaab + Lataji

suhana_safar
Great duet from the 60's, Film Vasna, music Chitragupt

yeh parbaton ke dayre yeh shyam ka dhuan

Rafisaab's vocals make the parbat look small
suhana_safar
I loved this song in school. Woh chale Jhatak ke daman...

Enjoy
hits
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Mar 26 2005, 04:21 AM)
Wo_chale_jhatak_ke.rar ( 2.98mb )
Enjoy

Woh Chale Jhatak Ke Daaman - Rafi - Humraahi - 1963 - Rajendra Kumar
suhana_safar
QUOTE(hits @ Mar 27 2005, 06:23 AM)
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Mar 26 2005, 04:21 AM)
Wo_chale_jhatak_ke.rar ( 2.98mb )
Enjoy

Woh Chale Jhatak Ke Daaman - Rafi - Humraahi - 1963 - Rajendra Kumar

thanks hits
thanks, I was looking for this song, could not remember the lyrics.
suhana_safar
This is a great duet from man ki ankhen.

Lataji begins the song and sings about 75% of the song and one thinks how in the world the other singer can achive the same level and Rafisaab removes all the doubts when he takes the song to a very high and an un -attainable level.

Very similar to Chura Liye hein where Asha ji sings nearly 80% of the song and Rafisab then sings in away that one forgets the first 80% of the song.

Music by LP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.