Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bappi Lahiri Flooded With Singing Offers
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Bawra Jay
Bappi Lahiri flooded with singing offers
By MIO Team
Feb 26, 2006, 05:59

IPB ImageBappi Lahiri is one great music director of the yesteryears whose compositions and songs have got etched in the mind of the people and even today are widely accepted. And even today he never stops to entertain us. He is once again on the peak of popularity with the rocking song of Taxi No 9211 titled ‘Bombai Nagariya’. A very unique composition lapped with the voice of Bappida makes this track a sure winner. There have been numerous calls from the producers and industry people congratulating him for the track. Not only this, he is receiving too many offers to sing in his voice and he is pretty excited with the goings.

Overwhelmed Bappida says, "They all liked the new zing in my voice. It is the first time that I sang for another music director and I am quite flattered with the response although the credit for the song’s success goes mainly to music directors, Vishal-Shekhar. Quite a few producers that I know called me up and said they would like me to render a song in their forthcoming films. I am seriously considering some of them."

So will Bappi Lahiri turn into a fill time singer now? To that he clarifies that he is not going to take too many singing assignments now. He will only pick those songs that have a requirement of his voice and the song has to have an exceptional appeal in terms of its music composition and lyrics.

From Music India Online -- > http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/p/top_stories/1620/
Guru
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Feb 28 2006, 02:40 PM) *

Bappi Lahiri flooded with singing offers
By MIO Team
Feb 26, 2006, 05:59

IPB ImageBappi Lahiri is one great music director of the yesteryears whose compositions and songs have got etched in the mind of the people and even today are widely accepted. And even today he never stops to entertain us. He is once again on the peak of popularity with the rocking song of Taxi No 9211 titled ‘Bombai Nagariya’. A very unique composition lapped with the voice of Bappida makes this track a sure winner. There have been numerous calls from the producers and industry people congratulating him for the track. Not only this, he is receiving too many offers to sing in his voice and he is pretty excited with the goings.

Overwhelmed Bappida says, "They all liked the new zing in my voice. It is the first time that I sang for another music director and I am quite flattered with the response although the credit for the song’s success goes mainly to music directors, Vishal-Shekhar. Quite a few producers that I know called me up and said they would like me to render a song in their forthcoming films. I am seriously considering some of them."

So will Bappi Lahiri turn into a fill time singer now? To that he clarifies that he is not going to take too many singing assignments now. He will only pick those songs that have a requirement of his voice and the song has to have an exceptional appeal in terms of its music composition and lyrics.

From Music India Online -- > http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/p/top_stories/1620/

I always loved his singing. I grew up on his music, Its nice to see old singers coming back to sing once againg. Loved Amit kumar back in fight club and now Bappida.

Hope they shine like they used to.

Guru
Nimii
Mub Bappida wub.gif kiss.gif love.gif

OH ya anyone heard him sing in Taxi no. 9211 wub.gif

I had bought his album that was released a year or two back called - Ghungta tongue1.gif

bawlachintu
His Hindi pronunciation has drastically improved and voice sound
younger. wub.gif
dmuk20
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Mar 1 2006, 11:38 AM) *

His Hindi pronunciation has drastically improved and voice sound
younger. wub.gif

Exactly yaar .......Uss din FM me sun raha tha.....RJ agar Bappida ka naam nahi bola hota to mere liye woh awaz pahchanna muskil ho jata.

KEEP IT UP BAPPI-DA...............

Rgds,
Debu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.