Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Greatest Bollywood Movie of All Time!
Hamara Forums > Films > Bollywood
hari
Which is the greatest film ever made or just list personal favourite?

My vote goes to Sholay, but my personal favourite is Deewar.
myawan
Where is 'Naya Daur', where is 'Devdas (old)??????????? List is not complete one.
hari
QUOTE (myawan @ May 8 2004, 12:58 PM)
Where is 'Naya Daur', where is 'Devdas (old)??????????? List is not complete one.

I agree Naya Daur and Devdas were good films, but surely they cannot be classed as the greatest film ever.

I have done a short on the most successful films ever made in Bollywood. Successful meaning: financially, how long it ran in India theatres, the techicality, acting, the impact it had on the film industry of the future and not forgetting the audience all over the world. Considering the above points I feel the the most successful film ever made is in the list I have made, but not sure which one!!
Anil4
Hari Bhai

Surely Dev Anand's Guide, Manoj Kumar's Upkar and Rajesh Khanna's Anand should be on the list.

Anil
hari
QUOTE (Bhirgu @ May 8 2004, 06:24 PM)
Hari Bhai

Surely Dev Anand's Guide, Manoj Kumar's Upkar and Rajesh Khanna's Anand should be on the list.

Anil

Anilbhai, again excellent films, but how do you compare the films you mentioned with say Mother India/Mugal-E-Azam or Sholay.

I wish I had the space to put top hundred films, instead of the 10 as the forum allows. Maybe next time.
iqbal

Did Kuch Kuch Hota Hai not break all previous records?
unni
i don't wan't to influence your choice, but if I remember right, in a poll conducted by BBC (I think), "SHOLAY" was number 1.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.