Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Madam
Hamara Forums > Legends > Noor Jehan
DesiBaba
Which religion was she following.. I assume it was Islam.. but there's alot of songs and mersiya's she has done which is about Imam Ali (peace be uon him). I've heard from friends and family's she was shia.. is it true!? i also have very good mersiya's by our beloved Madam.. if u want them i can post them... but please answer. biggrin.gif
Pulkit
I also have heard that she was a shia muslim. She had sung quite a few good naats as well. As far as the mersiya is concerned do upload it.
Thanks in advance.
Inaam
QUOTE(DesiBaba @ May 4 2004, 06:10 PM)
Which religion was she following.. I assume it was Islam.. but there's alot of songs and mersiya's she has done which is about Imam Ali (peace be uon him). I've heard from friends and family's she was shia.. is it true!? i also have very good mersiya's by our beloved Madam.. if u want them i can post them... but please answer. biggrin.gif

Madam Noor Jehan was a Muslim, and for your kind information "Shiyaat" is not a relegion, it is a sect of Islam (like Sunni, Ahle Hadith etc), Madam was a Shia Muslim. Her first huband Shaukat Hussain was also a Shia Muslim. I have a complete LP of Naats sung by Madam (music by Nazar Hussain), this LP was relased in early 80s. I dont have her any Marsiya, If you have, please do upload it. I shall be thankful to you.
DesiBaba
I will upload them soon. I promise.. but make sure to have Real Player, cuz its RM format..
Inaam
QUOTE (DesiBaba @ May 19 2004, 06:13 PM)
I will upload them soon. I promise.. but make sure to have Real Player, cuz its RM format..

Thanks for your reply, I have Real Player and anxiously waiting for your uploads.

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.