Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Asha Bhosle - Relatively Rare Film Songs
Hamara Forums > Legends > Asha Bhonsle
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
sri
In this thread I will be presenting relatively rare songs of Asha Bhosle - mostly solos and some duets (excluding those with Rafi, Kishore and Lata - since those duets are already present in the respective threads of Rafi, Kishore and Lata) - and mostly from soundtracks of films in the 50s, 60s and 70s.

Starting with a request from Priya who heard this song playing on HF radio

Kare woh kya kya kya from Ustad 420 (1969) - music of N Dutta.
Nice, cute song with a good tune, good rhythm and good orchestration.
Enjoy !! gift.gif

Sri
sri
Here's a nice, jazzy solo number from 24 Ghante (1958)

Aaj ka salaam lo, kal ka vaada pakka - music of Bipin-Babul, CD rip
Enjoy !! gift.gif

Sri
Priya
YAAAAY!!!!!!!! jump.gif

We were missing this thread here!!!!! sad1.gif

Thanks so much for that lovely song. clap2.gif

Do post links here when U ul duets in other forums, Sri.
mohd2004
Thanks Sri for these rare gems in good audio quality.
Aaj ka salaam lo is in good audio quality as compared to previous HF upload.

Mohd.
sri
most welcome - priya and mohd !!
thx for the encouraging words - good quality sound is what I always look for - both when uploading as well as when downloading
smile.gif
Sri
P.S. If only we could have a system by which ratings could be assigned to the track being uploaded ( A being good sound quality and C being poor sound quality ) - then life would become easier. Would save me many unnecessary downloads !!
Priya
LOL!!!! I love good quality but first and foremost I want all Ashaji's songs. Even at 16 kbs with noise and hiss!!!! tongue.gif

Media player rates files while playing. On what basis is that? confused.gif
Nimii
bow.gif Sirji Sriji ki jai ho !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N jump.gif jump.gif
sri
QUOTE(priya @ Nov 30 2005, 04:35 PM) *
Media player rates files while playing. On what basis is that? confused.gif

initial rating is done based on advice given by Bill Gates, i think ........ most unpredictable !!
subsequently - it could be based on the number of times you play the song

Sri

Priya
I presume that is a joke? ohmy.gif

I find some of my files show star ratings others don't. Does it have to do with tagging?

Yes Sri, U started a thread today and already U have a spammer on Ur hands!!! tongue.gif
sri
Next one - a qawwali of Asha with Mubarak Begum and chorus - from the film Arzoo 1965 starring Rajendra Kumar and Sadhana - with some 'East meets West' type interlude music !
Used bit rate of 96 kbps to keep the file size reasonable (it's a long song - 8:33 )

Jab ishq kahin ho jaata hai
tab aisi haalat hoti hai
mehfil mein jee ghabraata hai
tanhai ki aadat hoti hai
Enjoy !! gift.gif

Sri
mohd2004
Sri,
Again a big thanks for this superb qawalli, (extended film version -8.33 mins.) the version I have is 6.52 minutes (Courtesy HF).
You have made my day.

Mohd.
sri
Thanks Mohd. !

I'm quite happy to add a few drops to the huge ocean created by significant contributors, like yourself, over the last few years !!

Sri

sri
Here's a rare 'truet' - Asha Bhosle with Lata and Usha Mangeshkar - from the soundtrack of the film Benazir 1964, Music of S D Burman

Mubarak hai woh dil jisko
kisise pyar ho jaaye

Enjoy !!! gift.gif

Sri

Mohsin26
thanx Sri for Benazir 's Songs
sri
This Asha song from Benazir 1964 was the finale for the film - the last scene- picturised on Meena Kumari - acting a part in a theatre scene. The tune and orchestration of the song seemed a little unsuited to the scene and to Meena Kumari's role in that play - which seemed to be set in mughal times .........but if the song is heard by itself, it is a fine song. Probably has RDB's hand in it since SDB was supposedly unwell during that period with a heart ailment. Here's

Gham nahin jo zindagi veeraan hai

Enjoy !!!!! gift.gif

Sri

sri
Dil lagaakar hum yeh samjhe,Asha,Zindagi aur maut 1964,C Ramchandra_ShakeelBadayuni

Look for this lovely Asha song in the C Ramchandra thread. Click on the link below and look for post # 75
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...id=213877&st=60&#

Sri

sri
Mr John ya Baba Khan, Asha Bhosle, Baarish 1957, C Ramchandra_RajinderKrishan

Look for this Jazz-y song ...in the Ina mina dika style...one of C Ramchandra's several successful experiments with western style music

This link will take you there ...look for post # 64
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...id=213877&st=60&#

The song has a small prelude where Amin Sayani speaks about it

Sri

sri
A rare duet with Rafi ...from the film Mr. Qartoon M.A. 1958 ( just out of curiosity, wouldn't mind seeing a movie with such a strange name !! - stars Johny Walker, Shyama, Mehmood ).

The song was created by a rare combination too ...O P Nayyar working with Hasrat Jaipuri !!

Mera dil ghabraye meri aankh sharmaye, Rafi_Asha, Mr Qartoon M. A. 1958, OPNayyar_HasratJaipuri CD

Click on this link which will take you to my Rafi thread....and look for post #178
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...65&gopid=216561&#

Sri

Priya
Thanks Sri!!!! bow.gif
friend4u
thnks every one for the contributions. Any chance of reuploading some old posts please?

thanks
sri
QUOTE(friend4u @ Feb 7 2006, 03:45 AM) *
thnks every one for the contributions. Any chance of reuploading some old posts please?
thanks

any particluar ones you are interested in ?

aaj ka salaam lo - from 24 Ghante ...has been re-uploaded recently on another thread - see link below :

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...pid=221792&st=0&#

Sri
Talaikya
For Priye courtesy this thread wunly I suppose, if not definitely threadwale smile1.gif

Click to view attachment
3:17 mins @ 128

Priya
Thanks T!!!!!! kiss.gif love.gif
sri
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Feb 24 2006, 12:42 PM) *
For Priye courtesy this thread wunly I suppose, if not definitely threadwale smile1.gif

yes...from this threadwala surely...but on some other thread perhaps...the tagging is a give-away

thanks J...for filling in for me, while I was away !!!

will be busy till the early next week....my father's 80th b-day coming up on Monday...having a get-together this sunday

Sri
Priya
Sri!!!! I thought U were angry with me when I got no reply to my PM!!! cry.gif

Hamari taraf se apne Dad ko wish karna!!!!! What have U all planned for the special day?
Nimii
Sriji's father's 80th birthday ohmy.gif shocked.gif on Monday?!?!?! That is 27th Feb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ooops I wrote something else!!!!!!!!

Sriji what are you planning to give your dad???????????????? Does he like music too, just like you rolleyes.gif

Awesome to reach age 80 blush.gif Main bhi thi 80saal 19 saal pehle blush.gif

N smile.gif
Priya
Ask Oooni what age his Dad is gonna reach!!!!! clap1.gif
Nimii
OOni ji's dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif Lekin Ooni kahan hai?!?!?!?

Today's paper had a picture of his sena crossing the rajpath in hordes!! The govt is trying to curb such movements of hooligans it seems rollf.gif

N tongue.gif
Priya
Maybe that is why he is busy. laugh.gif
Nimii
Busy with what fighting with the govt so that his bandu saka jana be able to move around the city of Delhi freely ohmy.gif mad.gif

He should be happy that he has enough forests for them to move around. Amazon jungle mein itna trees bhi hai abuse.gif

N mad.gif
sri
QUOTE(priya @ Feb 24 2006, 10:02 PM) *
Sri!!!! I thought U were angry with me when I got no reply to my PM!!! cry.gif Hamari taraf se apne Dad ko wish karna!!!!! What have U all planned for the special day?

Priya !!

why should you think i was angry ????? most likely case would be that i may have forgotten

in this case, of course, i had not forgotten.......i just didnt have the time.

also, i remembered that this particular song had been uploaded by me quite a long time ago ...and may have been one of my first VCD sourced songs....and i wanted to check the quality once again and see if it could be improved...before sending it to you

Priya and Nimii,

for my father's 80th b-day...we were originally planning to go on a small trip outside Bangalore...and were on the verge of paying up for the accomodation etc., when my daughter slipped in her school on an empty bottle lying around near the playground, twisted her ankle, tore a ligament and has her leg in a cast now.

so we are having a change of plans .....and have organised a get-together this sunday, with his office friends (of many years) plus other local near and dear

another get together with his side of the family will anyway happen in April when everyone meets up for a wedding in the family ...so we didnt want to call everyone twice in the space of 2 months...we will have another party then along with the wedding group

my father likes music a lot too ( my mother is the passionately interested one )....and a wide variety of music too......but he prefers to have someone else play it in the house !

thanks for the good wishes

Sri
Nimii
Ayyoooooooo Sriji ohmy.gif How is your daughter??????? Poor thing sad1.gif I can imagine the pain she must be in sad1.gif

Hope all the other plans work out well and you have a great day tomorrow!!

WISH HIM ON BEHALF OF ALL HFERS MANY MORE GOLDEN YEARS OF GOOD HEALTH AND HAPPINESS WITH HIS KITH AND KIN rolleyes.gif

N smile.gif
sri
many thanks for the good wishes..nimii and priya

Priya
How did the celebrations go, Sri? Humein fotu votu dikhao. smile1.gif
sri
A cool, sexy, typical Asha number from Aadmi aur insaan 1969
Music of Ravi, Lyrics of Sahir

Mumtaz is desperately trying to keep Dharmendra from leaving the party at night.....because her boss has sent a couple of goons to Dharam's house to steal some important papers. So, she turns on all her charms and with the help of Asha's sexy voice, says .....Itni jaldi na karo ....and keeps Dharmendra from leaving.

Itni jaldi na karo raat ka dil tootega, Asha, Aadmi aur insaan 1969, Ravi_Sahir

DVD rip. Includes some initial words in Mumtaz's voice

Enjoy !! gift.gif

Sri

Nimii
camera.gif yayaya considering Sriji is always armed with a camera haina Priyz biggrin.gif

N biggrin.gif
sri
i was taking bhideo this time !! no pics...maybe some others took...gotta check that

sri

Nimii
bhideo hoto kya hua biggrin.gif vcd banaake dedijiye priyz ko wink2.gif and priyz will courier it to me ninja.gif

N laugh.gif
sri
ninja.gif Beware !
I may be the courier man who comes to deliver !!!

Sri
Nimii
acchaachoo I never thought of that shocked.gif

Priyz send wunly thru DTDC ok.. I know the courier man wub.gif Merawala Dumbodar aayega na biggrin.gif

N biggrin.gif
sri
An excerpt from Sahir's lyrics ..in the shekshy song posted above ( see post #35 )...which sounded interesting !!

Saari raat na jaage to jawaani kya...
Subah tak na chale to kahaani kya

Sri

Nimii
ohmy.gif ye to HF night surfers ke liye hai lagta hai biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Priya
Sri in Bangy and he must courier me!!!! ohmy.gif Nimz, I vouch for Sri. He is a gentleman. Darro mat. wink2.gif Make a deal with him. Apne chehre ki ek jhalak ke badle 50 rare Asha songs maango. tongue1.gif

P_complete business solutions
Nimii
Arre me is not scared of Sriji face it is the other way round na doh.gif

Mujhe unki tabiyat ki fikr haina isiliye blushf.gif
Priya
Arey jo mujhe dekhke bach gaya woh tumse kya darega. rollf.gif
Nimii
Aadmi aur haiwaan mein farak haina meri bacchi biggrin.gif
Priya
Aadmi aur haiwan? ohmy.gif Since we are oth aurats, do I infer U are somehow referring to poor Sri???? blab.gif
Nimii
Aurat aur bhootni mein farak .. oops biggrin.gif

How can Sriji be both ?? A and H?

N rollf.gif
Priya
I dunno. Maybe din ko aadmi (like I saw him) and raat ko haiwaan (why U are scared of him). rollf.gif

Meri behen bhootni kaise ho sakti hai? angry2.gif
Nimii
Ayyoooo ohmy.gif haan yeh bhi ho sakta hai .. never thought along these lines about Sriji blab.gif afraid.gif

Haan main bhootni hoon sad1.gif juz like the other 2 sistahs wink2.gif u know who rollf.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.