Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Humaara Sheher Humaari Nazar Se...
Hamara Forums > General > Tourists paradise
preet
Bada Imambara : one of the best and famous place of Lucknow smile1.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Globe Park

Click to view attachment

Jama Masjid

Click to view attachment
preet
the famous King George Medical College

Click to view attachment

Baradari: the palace of pleasure

Click to view attachment

Tomb of Saadat Ali Khan: one of the Nawab who made great contribution in the Lucknow's Architectural smile1.gif

Click to view attachment

La martinere School

Click to view attachment
IDOL
preetzzzzzzzzzzzzz

veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beautiful.......................India is so nice..........can't wait to go there.. sad.gif
Talaikya
Very nice Preety, makes me want to visit Lucknow. You are multi talented aren't you? tongue.gif clap1.gif

Did you realize the picture frames are illusionary. In one view the photos appear as if raised off a white background, in another like they're in a white frame!!
YaarMere
Ae Sher-e-Lucknow Tujhe Mera Salam.
preet
Thanks T, khobi and YM smile1.gif i loved showing off my city tongue.gif

T, the white frames are there coz i had to use them in my thesis naa it might take longer to load because of that im afraid sad1.gif didnt notice the illusion though tongue.gif i made them look raised from the frame smile1.gif

Anil4
Preety

Beautiful pictures. Brings back wonderful memories.

Chota Imambara ke picture nahi liya?

Aaj kal Lucknow ke Nawabon ka kya haal hai?

Anil

IDOL
QUOTE(preety @ Oct 29 2005, 08:49 PM) *

Thanks T, khobi and YM smile1.gif i loved showing off my city tongue.gif

T, the white frames are there coz i had to use them in my thesis naa it might take longer to load because of that im afraid sad1.gif didnt notice the illusion though tongue.gif i made them look raised from the frame smile1.gif

preetzz, that added to beauty of these pics.........................u've done a great job..........share more historical places.............God, India is so beautiful!
preet
Here Anil ji for you smile1.gif the Chota imambara

Click to view attachment

The nawab's mahal part of the seesh mahal

Click to view attachment

Bhulbhulayiya in Bada imambara the best labyrinth smile1.gif

Click to view attachment
preet
Zaira these imambaras are the special features of Lucknow build by the nawabs smile1.gif you will not find imambaras like that anywhere else... there are around 10 such buildings in Lucknow itself.... smile.gif
Priya
Wow Preetz!!!!!!!!!!
Wonderful pictures. Thanks a ton.
Mera intezaar karna. Main agli gaadi se aa rahi hoon!!! laugh.gif
Just have to see this place now. I love old historical sites.
U are right--the frames make loading a little slow. I did not get to see the last 3 pics as my browser gave up by then. Hoping when I post this reply it will load them.
More pics of this sort pleasseeeeeeeee.....
Priya
Do U still have the Isabella Thoburn College there?
My mom studied there.
preet
yes Priya the IT college is still very much there smile1.gif my sis also studied there i will u/l the pix soon for you abhi developing karaane ke liye diya hai biggrin.gif sorry for the frame sad1.gif

here are some more pics smile1.gif

an example of the lucknow's craftmanship smile1.gif my sisters foot for the comparison of the size tongue.gif

Click to view attachment

the parivartan chowk. Mayavati ji ka creation this is against the law because this is surrounded from all the sides by historical monuments and a hot spot for accidents... ask me sad1.gif

Click to view attachment

thats one of my favourite monument sadly neglected by the ppl and government sad1.gif the Satkhanda- seven storey monument though only 4 were made before the nawab died... if this was completed it could have been one of the wonders of the world instead of the qutab minar. made on the same pattern as Qutab minar but on a larger scale smile1.gif

Click to view attachment

finally the Vidhan Sabha... had to get the permission to click the photograph and was sure i wont get it during the festive season so this one was taken from a bike smile1.gif my sis was driving and i took the pic thank god the police men didnt see us tongue.gif well am still not sure if this was good or bad... blab.gif what if it were terrorists mellow.gif

Click to view attachment
Priya
Thanks for the pics Pret!!!! tongue.gif
Why are those shoes so tiny? huh.gif
And why has Mayavati created an ugly new structure in the midst of the old buildings? abuse.gif
U are lucky to come from a place with such a wonderful heritage and history.
shivani
lovely place Preety smile1.gif .
Will have to find time sometime to visit Lucknow some day now.
preet
QUOTE(shivani @ Nov 1 2005, 07:07 PM) *
lovely place Preety smile1.gif .
Will have to find time sometime to visit Lucknow some day now.
Sure Zz smile1.gif do come and inform me about your arrival i will make sure to take out sometime to be your guide tongue.gif oh vaise bhi meri shaadi main to sub aayenge hi naa blush.gif

Priya- Thanks for the pics Pret!!!! tongue.gif
Why are those shoes so tiny? huh.gif
And why has Mayavati created an ugly new structure in the midst of the old buildings? abuse.gif
U are lucky to come from a place with such a wonderful heritage and history.

Priya the tiny shoes are the replica of the famous nawaabi shoe... Tourist buy these replicas as a souvenir smile1.gif
yes Mayavati did creat an ugly structure that destroys the beauty of the place angry2.gif its even illegal according to the by laws... but no one can do anything about it sad1.gif infact now this is being included in the tourist guide books imagine!!!!
visuja
Just saw yr pics now, Preetz ! smile1.gif The monuments do look grand through the photos...... smile.gif

I didnt know it is illegal to click the Vidhan Sabha !! blink.gif Is it so for all govt bldgs in all states ?! unsure.gif I shd try clicking a few in Bombay the next time ! tongue.gif
preet
QUOTE(visuja @ Nov 2 2005, 08:16 AM) *
Just saw yr pics now, Preetz ! smile1.gif The monuments do look grand through the photos...... smile.gif

I didnt know it is illegal to click the Vidhan Sabha !! blink.gif Is it so for all govt bldgs in all states ?! unsure.gif I shd try clicking a few in Bombay the next time ! tongue.gif

tongue.gif no Vivz its not illegal!!! you just need to take permission from the DM and as the Vidhan Sabha, GPO etc are historical monuments in my city they are just extra careful about them aise kisi ko permission nahi milta sad1.gif vaise Lko ka vidhan sabha to daily news main aata hai tongue.gif

as it was festive season i couldnt get the permission the DM was out of city cry.gif to kya kare bechari photographer biggrin.gif

Anil4
QUOTE(preety @ Oct 29 2005, 08:49 PM) *

i loved showing off my city tongue.gif

City ke photographs dekh chuke. Issi City mein kahi Pragya naam ka ek ladki rehti hai. Uska photo keech kar upload karegi aap?

Zara hoshiyari se photo kheechna. Yeh Pragya ka cycle hamesha chalti rehti hai.

Anil
Nimii
Time I made a trip to Lucknow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great pix re!!!

PREEEEEEEEEEEEEETZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n kiss.gif love.gif
preet
sure Nimz!!!!!! jaldi aao!!! smile1.gif kiss.gif

our Nawab Wajid Ali shah to welcome you biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Anil4

ye rahi uski photo uski cycle ke saath tongue.gif she was mending a puncture

Is that really you, you gorgeous kid ! You look like my daughter when she was a kid!

Anil
preet
yes thats me biggrin.gif thanks Anil bow.gif how old is your daughter???
Nimii
Preety yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me coming biggrin.gif

N biggrin.gif
NATURE
Is that NPD's P in the photo or who ? My God ... Fortunately I came to This topic never thought of.
Nimii
hahaha NATURE.. now do you understand why you shouldnt take long pee breaks from the topics/threads on this forum wink2.gif u never know what you are missing !

N laugh.gif
preet
yes Nature that P tongue.gif abhi to apni pic u/l karo you promised!!!!
NATURE
Yeah NIMMI JI I agree I missed some special persons and moments !!!

Hello Dear , can u tell me how far Lucknow is from Kanpur ? just a request ..
May I know where are all the buildings located in Lucknow that u have shown us ? ...
---------------
That was your childhood photo, meri childhood photo meri Maa aur Didi logon ne rakhli ...
Ghar jaaoongaa to aapke baaremein sochoongaa ( Matlab Photo laane ke baaremein ) sunglasses2.gif ...
Meri jawaani kaa photo chaahiye kya ? laugh.gif
---------------
But when did I promise ? Did I ?
preet
Nature Lucknow is around 80 Kms away from Kanpur and the pics i have taken is generally arround the Hazratganj area (the centre of Lko as well as the main shopping area) smile1.gif if its no trouble aap kisi bhi phase ka pic u/l kar sakte hai we dont mind smile1.gif oh but only if you want to....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.