Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: About Sharda
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Mohsin26
1. Has Sharda Sung any other Music Directors except Shankar Jaikishan ????

2. Any Pic of Sharda camera.gif
Jay
My dad told me that Sharda sung expilxit only with SJ. In an interview i readed that she had an affair with Shanker maybe that could be the reason...
suhana_safar
QUOTE(Jay @ Aug 31 2005, 02:23 AM)
My dad told me that Sharda sung expilxit only with SJ. In an interview i readed that she had an affair with Shanker maybe that could be the reason...

Yes Jay, thats what the media was saying. Sharda has also sung under the baton of Usha Khanna and Naushad.

Sharda has sung maximum songs with Rafisaab and also made Rfaisaab sing under her baton in film Mandir Masjid.
rom
My good SS, you intrigue me a lot! After citing 'unconfirmed' reports, and quoting stories that might very well be untrue, you say that personally you find all that hard to believe... Not a great idea, then, to put all that on record here, is it? wink2.gif
suhana_safar
QUOTE(rom @ Aug 31 2005, 03:31 PM)
My good SS, you intrigue me a lot! After citing 'unconfirmed' reports, and quoting stories that might very well be untrue, you say that personally you find all that hard to believe... Not a great idea, then, to put all that on record here, is it? wink2.gif

Rom the reason I say unconfimed reports is because I dont have the articles with me so that I can quote the papers and the timings. Further whatever is said in the media need not be true, hence I said I personally do not belive it.

I do get your point my friend hence I am gonna edit my post.
rom
Oh, allow me to edit my post too...
Very graceful of you, SS, as always...
Anyway, Sharda doesn't exactly fascinate me... no problems... bow.gif
suhana_safar

Good point Rom, no i wouldn't but , I would have changed my wordings then accordingly. It really does not matter what I belive, the media is for all, some belive it more than others. rolleyes.gif
maheshks
Mohsin read this:

Industry watchers often talk about how the rift between music directors Shankar and Jaikishen widened after Sharda began singing for them — with Jaikishen not too keen on working with her. But all that is past. As we meet her at her Napean Sea Road flat, in Mumbai,Sharda recalls her early days.

In her grey salwar kameez and huge red bindi, Sharda looks totally relaxed. She begins: “Being from a Vaishnavite Iyengar family, I was exposed to Sanskrit and Vedic culture, and to Carnatic music. I was staying in Teheran, when Raj Kapoor had come for a party organised by Shrichand Hinduja. I sang a song, and Rajsaab liked it. He asked me whether I was interested in singing for films.”

When Sharda came to Mumbai, she met Kapoor. She reminisces: “RK Studios had a voice test and a microphone test. He told Shankar-Jaikishen to record with me, and I was soon trained in Hindustani music by Jagannath Prasad. Shankarji made me do different kinds of songs, just to increase my versatility.”

Those days, Shankar-Jaikishen were working on T Prakash Rao’s Suraj, which starred Rajendra Kumar and Vyjayanthimala. Says Sharda: “I was given a simple song with the lines ‘Titli udi, ud jo chali, phool ne kaha, aaja mere paas’. Shailendra’s words sound simple, but there’s a lot of inner meaning.”

Suraj was released in 1966. While Titli Udi became a big hit, Sharda also had a solo song Dekho Mera Dil Machal Gaya in the film. However, Sharda achieved further recognition with Duniya Ki Sair, from the 1967 film Around The World, starring Raj Kapoor and Rajshri. Says the singer: “I remember recording for Around The World. Those days, everybody came to the studio for a sound recording.

Actors, actresses, songwriters, dance directors, they all came so that they could do their best in making the song a success. I recorded this duet with Mukesh, and everybody liked it.”

In Around The World, Sharda also sang Chale Jaana Zara Thehro with Mukesh and Yeh Moong Aur Masoor Ki Dal with Mubarak Begum. She also sang for films like An Evening In Paris, Gumnaam, Diwana, Pyar Mohabbat and Sapnon Ka Saudagar. Later, she forayed into music direction with films like Mandir Masjid, Garibi Hatao, Maila Anchal and Kshitij.

Now, Sharda is involved with her Toon Music Group, which aims to do albums and videos for children. Obviously, she’s taking her passion to another plane.

Click to view attachment
SHARDA

Mohsin I met her in the year 1997..it was a very hilarious incident. A lady was asked to meet me for certain clarifications on her return to India from USA. The
sleuths who directed her to see me were fresh batch of youngester trainees sent to me for their initial training.

After seeing her I thought I had seen that lady somewhere.

My first question to that lady, after seeing her passport was,......what did she do?

She said ...she composes rhymes for children.

My next question was ...was she a formal singer or only for the sake of fun.

Her reply was...I did sing in the hindi movies during sixties and seventies.

I checked her passport again and asked.. I was not aware of any singer with that name?

She said she sang with a pseudonym SHARDA.

The moment I heard that name I said Sharda of Titili Udi fame.

She said she was the same Sharda.

My question to all memebers of Hamara Forums is..What is her real name?
fiftysomeone
QUOTE(maheshks @ Aug 31 2005, 08:55 PM)

Just out of curiosity I ran the words Sharda and singer through google which eventualy led to the IMDB link below:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0788686/

It doesn't seem right because there are some songs which are clearly very recent, when in fact she is supposed to have retired quite some time back. Also the name is not a Vaishnavite Iyengar name as cited in your write-up.

Quite intriguing, I must say!

maheshks
Fiftyoneji that is what I am asking. Sharda is not her real name. It was a name given to her by the people of Bombay film industry and we all know half the names in the Indian movie industry are fake. What is her real name?
fiftysomeone
QUOTE(maheshks @ Aug 31 2005, 10:53 PM)
Fiftyoneji that is what I am asking.  Sharda is not her real name. It was a name given to her by the people of Bombay film industry and we all know half the names in the Indian movie industry are fake. What is her real name?

Oops I forgot to mention the name given by the IMDB site: Shraddha Sinha.
Like I said, it doesn't seem right because that is a North Indian name, moreover even that might be an industry given name anyway.
I don't think I can figure this one out!

Mohsin26
QUOTE(maheshks @ Aug 31 2005, 08:55 PM)
Mohsin read this:

Industry watchers often talk about how the rift between music directors Shankar and Jaikishen widened after Sharda began singing for them — with Jaikishen not too keen on working with her. But all that is past. As we meet her at her Napean Sea Road flat, in Mumbai,Sharda recalls her early days.

In her grey salwar kameez and huge red bindi, Sharda looks totally relaxed. She begins: “Being from a Vaishnavite Iyengar family, I was exposed to Sanskrit and Vedic culture, and to Carnatic music. I was staying in Teheran, when Raj Kapoor had come for a party organised by Shrichand Hinduja. I sang a song, and Rajsaab liked it. He asked me whether I was interested in singing for films.”

When Sharda came to Mumbai, she met Kapoor. She reminisces: “RK Studios had a voice test and a microphone test. He told Shankar-Jaikishen to record with me, and I was soon trained in Hindustani music by Jagannath Prasad. Shankarji made me do different kinds of songs, just to increase my versatility.”

Those days, Shankar-Jaikishen were working on T Prakash Rao’s Suraj, which starred Rajendra Kumar and Vyjayanthimala. Says Sharda: “I was given a simple song with the lines ‘Titli udi, ud jo chali, phool ne kaha, aaja mere paas’. Shailendra’s words sound simple, but there’s a lot of inner meaning.”

Suraj was released in 1966. While Titli Udi became a big hit, Sharda also had a solo song Dekho Mera Dil Machal Gaya in the film. However, Sharda achieved further recognition with Duniya Ki Sair, from the 1967 film Around The World, starring Raj Kapoor and Rajshri. Says the singer: “I remember recording for Around The World. Those days, everybody came to the studio for a sound recording.

Actors, actresses, songwriters, dance directors, they all came so that they could do their best in making the song a success. I recorded this duet with Mukesh, and everybody liked it.”

In Around The World, Sharda also sang Chale Jaana Zara Thehro with Mukesh and Yeh Moong Aur Masoor Ki Dal with Mubarak Begum. She also sang for films like An Evening In Paris, Gumnaam, Diwana, Pyar Mohabbat and Sapnon Ka Saudagar. Later, she forayed into music direction with films like Mandir Masjid, Garibi Hatao, Maila Anchal and Kshitij.

Now, Sharda is involved with her Toon Music Group, which aims to do albums and videos for children. Obviously, she’s taking her passion to another plane.

Click to view attachment
SHARDA

Mohsin I met her in the year 1997..it was a very hilarious incident. A lady was asked to meet me for certain clarifications on her return to India from USA. The
sleuths who directed her to see me were fresh batch of youngester trainees sent to me for their initial training.

After seeing her I thought I had seen that lady somewhere.

My first question to that lady, after seeing her passport was,......what did she do?

She said ...she composes rhymes for children.

My next question was ...was she a formal singer or only for the sake of fun.

Her reply was...I did sing in the hindi movies during sixties and seventies.

I checked her  passport again and asked.. I was not aware of any singer with that name?

She said she sang with a pseudonym SHARDA.

The moment I heard that name I said Sharda of Titili Udi fame.

appreciated mahesh thumbs-up.gif
Bawra Jay
She has her own website.... may be created with help of her fans... You can visit it here --- http://www.titliudi.com/index.shtml

Lots of Info on her along with contact numbers ... and some writeups by herself.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.