Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kishore-Salil
Hamara Forums > Legends > Kishore Kumar
srijit
Hello All,

As suggested by Chitralekha, I am starting a new thread with request for the following Salil songs

1) Mil Gayi Aachanak Mujhe from Agni Pariksha
2) Songs from the movie Naukri
3) Ranjhe Ki Aankhon Se from Jeevan Jyoti

Hopefully, it is available.

Thanks.

Cheers!
Srijit
archimoz
Naukri. I got these songs from Pavan-bhai (Mr. Pavan Jha)

Regards-Archie.
archimoz
Guru sings with Iftekhar & another unknown singer.

(BTW, in 'chhota sa ghar hoga', the female voice I think is Usha Mangeshkar's. Can someone clarify please?).

Regards-Archie.
archimoz
I just love this song. Guru in his youthful, 'chulbula' voice.

Regards-Archie.
srijit
Hi Archie,
Many thanks for the lovely songs. In 'Chhota Sa Ghar Hoga' the femaile voice is indeed Usha Mangeshkar. In Naukri, Guru has sung duet with Shyamal Mitra.

Cheers!
Srijit

archimoz
QUOTE (srijit @ Apr 8 2004, 06:59 PM)
Many thanks for the lovely songs. In 'Chhota Sa Ghar Hoga' the femaile voice is indeed Usha Mangeshkar. In Naukri, Guru has sung duet with Shyamal Mitra.

Dear Srijit,

I thought that Iftekhar himself has sung in 'ik chhoti si naukri'. I do not know who the other singer is, in that song.

Shyamal Mitra had sung for Salil Chaudhuri in the title song of 'Musafir' - 'ek musafir aaye, ek musafir jaaye re'.

Looking forward to your inputs.

Regards-Archie.
rom
Archie,
I'd got this song (Ik Chhoti Si Naukri) recorded from Jama Masjid in 1998... the fellow told me the name of the other singer and I'd noted it down... I think it was some Dasgupta. Maybe Shankar Dasgupta.
srijit
Dear Archie,
Then most probably I am wrong about "Ik Chhoti Si Naukri".

Anyway, this needs some research. Let me contact some big Salil bhakts.

Cheers!
Srijit
archimoz
QUOTE (rom @ Apr 10 2004, 11:10 AM)
Archie,
I'd got this song (Ik Chhoti Si Naukri) recorded from Jama Masjid in 1998... the fellow told me the name of the other singer and I'd noted it down... I think it was some Dasgupta. Maybe Shankar Dasgupta.

Dear ROM,

Thanks for your response. You know, the line 'main collecter na banoo, aur na banunga off-cer' sounds very much like Iftekhar's own voice. However, it's only my guess.

The other voice, which sings the line 'khele sab khel main football mein kaptan bhi tha.....', is unknown to me.

What a sweet & simple song with a great hummable tune. For me, personally, Shailendra epitomises all that is good in HFM lyrics.

You don't get songs like this very often. During my college days (with uncertainities of career, etc.) this song was very close to my heart.

Regards-Archie.
srijit
Hello Archie/ROM,
I just now got a confirmation from a Salil-Bhakt (expert). "Ik Chhoti Si Naukri" has been sung by Kishore, Shyamal Mitra and Shankar Dasgupta.

With regards,
Srijit
rom
Thanks, Srijit, for the information. When I'd got it recorded, I'd been told that it was only Kishore Kumar and Shankar Dasgupta. I'd gone to get Chhota Sa Ghar Hoga from Naukri and was beyond myself with unexpected joy when I got a few other songs from the movie.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.