Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Programme On Ndtv
Hamara Forums > Legends > Asha Bhonsle
Priya
Just saw an ad on TV. This Sat, the 20th, NDTV India is going to telecast a programme on Ashaji titled Choti Si Asha. I got a little confused about the times. Either 9 or 9.30 PM.
Enjoy!!! thumbs-up.gif
Pradeep
I am planning to capture this and share it wid you all. Did you listen to her singing Aaj Jaane Ki Zid Na Karo..? Beautiful.
p1j
Hi Pradeep and Priya,

Missing all the action on Hamaraforums for a long time.. am trying to recollect all the energy and time to be here on a regular basis.. anyway the NDTV program is titled "Chhoti si aasha" and would be on air on saturday 20th August, 9.30 PM.. tough competition to KBC for sure..

enjoy
Pavan

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 13 2005, 05:10 PM)
I am planning to capture this and share it wid you all. Did you listen to her singing Aaj Jaane Ki Zid Na Karo..? Beautiful.

Priya
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 13 2005, 05:10 PM)

Wow thanks so much. Was thinking of asking Nim to record it since I have no vcr. That will be just great Pradeep. smile1.gif
Pradeep
This is the full capture of the Asha Bhonsle special on NDTV.

Low Resolution video for desi residents: One single file.
Click to view attachment

Low Resolution video for desi residents: Download all the parts and doubleclick on the first part.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

High Resolution video for pardes residents. Download all the four parts and double click on the first part.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Priya
Thanks Pradeep. smile1.gif
Net cafe jayenge to hum bhi pardesi ban jayenge. laugh.gif
sbfan
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 21 2005, 03:02 PM)
This is the full capture of the Asha Bhonsle special on NDTV.

Low Resolution video for desi residents: One single file.
Click to view attachment

Low Resolution video for desi residents: Download all the parts and doubleclick on the first part.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

High Resolution video for pardes residents. Download all the four parts and double click on the first part.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanks a lot Pradeepji for the low resolution ones

warm regards

Ashish
sangeetbhakt
Thanx for the upload Pradeep. It is really really appreciated by
the non-resident Indians who did not get a chance to see this show.
And it must have been time-consuming to create and upload the
High-Resolution version. It was a really nice gesture on your part.
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Aug 21 2005, 08:37 AM)
Thanx for the upload Pradeep.  It is really really appreciated by
the non-resident Indians who did not get a chance to see this show.
And it must have been time-consuming to create and upload the
High-Resolution version.  It was a really nice gesture on your part.

I second that whole heartedly. Your dedication is astounding. bow.gif

thank you
-manoneet
unni
Thanks, Pradeep! That was a treat, a keep-sake. bow.gif bow.gif

The quality was just excellent, both visual and audio. clap1.gif clap1.gif
Bawra Jay
Excellent effort.. Thanks Pradeep
mohd2004
Million thanks Pradeep-ji. Indeed a great effort.

Mohd.
visuja
Very very very nice treat Pradeep !! Consider this to be a very humble bow.gif from me
Pradeep
Most welcome guys smile1.gif .. Anytime.
Nimii
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee PP ji ki jai ho smile1.gif)))))))))))))))

N smile1.gif)
hits
Wish you get to do the next interview Pradeep...or Nimii...Priya....

It's frustrating to watch the naivete of the interviewer in this piece (as in most others). She cuts off Asha on multiple occassions (for example, when Asha was about to say something about Khaiyyam, which she ultimately did anyway), and seemed to come with these pre-conceived notions on her singing, and the "genres".

A more discerning interviewer would've drawn her out when she mentioned names like Sardul Kwatra. I'm guessing interviewer sahiba was hearing that name for the first time. Sad!
Pradeep
I agree with you hits. NDTV gets skilled people to chat up with politicians, but use *babes* as news readers and to chat up with personalities or topics they consider not so important.
LEGENDRAFI
I too watched the interview and like others felt disappointed. While, the interviewer has been a news reader for a while, she did come out short on research and experience. Some while back, I saw an interview of Manna Dey on the same channel but taken by Shekhar Gupta, editor of the Indian express and that interview was so much better than this half cooked affair.

Once again we saw pre concieved notions or popular opinions ruling over reality and facts. The question about Asha Ji and RD Burman's contribution to her carrer is nothing more than popular opinion. While it may be true that Asha Bhonsle sung a lot of her hits for RD, surely a great number of her great songs were with MDs like OP Nayyar, SD Burman, Roshan, Khayyam and others. In fact, in my humble opinion, Asha Ji's classiest and best songs were before the RD era in the 70s. Unfortunately, for people of my generation old hindi music does not go beyond RD burman, Kishore Kumar and Asha Bhonsle. I though Asha Ji's answer was brilliant and showed that she hadn't forgotten those legends that most have forgotten today. It was unbelievable that the interviewer did not talk about the Asha Lata rivalry or competition or did not mention her co- singers like Rafi Saab, with whom Asha Bhonsle has arguably sung her most popular songs. The interview was at best average. If only we could have had more of Asha ji talking, things could have been different.
Priya
I have seen worse interviewers. One was an old gent who keot stuttering and stammering and asked her how she managed with competition from singing stars like Suraiya and Shamshad Begum!!!!! doh.gif
hits
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 22 2005, 11:37 PM)
I agree with you hits. NDTV gets skilled people to chat up with politicians, but use *babes* as news readers and to chat up with personalities or topics they consider not so important.

Absolutely. The same goes for other channels too. My significant other used to be a reporter for Zee, New Delhi, and tells me horror stories of how editors mercilessly edit out material in such interviews in order to make them fit their pre-conceived notions. She actually knows this "babe" and was quite amused by the fact that she was interviewing Asha.
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(hits @ Aug 23 2005, 08:18 AM)
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 22 2005, 11:37 PM)

Absolutely. The same goes for other channels too. My significant other used to be a reporter for Zee, New Delhi, and tells me horror stories of how editors mercilessly edit out material in such interviews in order to make them fit their pre-conceived notions. She actually knows this "babe" and was quite amused by the fact that she was interviewing Asha.

I just finished watching this "interview" and I must say it is a travesty. Can we write to NDTV to complain about what a deplorable job they did?? angry2.gif The interviewer woman was both rude (she kept speaking over Asha ji) and ignorant (she had no clue what Asha was talking about). At one point she tells Asha that "OPNayyar gave your voice swing while RDB challenged it"!! Talk about propagating stereotypes!

And why is this interview titled "Chhoti si Asha" again??? There is nothing "chhoti" about a singer of her caliber. May be they were trying to take off on the song from Roja that had this name. Someone should tell them the song was sung by Minmini, not Ashaji! It is ridiculous to title an interview with Asha Bhonsle based on a song of relatively little importance that she didnot even sing! abuse.gif

Anyway, enough ranting from me. I do wish someone would do a Shekar Gupta style interview with Asha where the interviewer can ask her some solid questions and actually get some insights into her life, work, and the HFM industry in general. I for one would like to know

- whether she harbors any resentment against her family for the early troubles in her married life

- what she thinks about all those singers whose careers did not take off allegedly due to the "Mangeshkar monopoly", people like Sharda, Suman K., Vani Jayaram, and the like

- what she thinks about age and how it has changed her as a singer-- how has her voice and range have changed, for example

- whether she has any regrets in her career, anything she feels she should have done when her voice was at its prime

- collaborations with western artists, why she did them and what she learnt from them. Does she regret not having gotten more intl. exposure to date (i remember reading somewhere that she regrets not being able to sing opera when she was younger)

- questions about her associations with great MDs like Ravi, S-J, K-A, Jaidev

- her ghazal obsession, why she does a ghazal album every few years and which one she cherishes the most (Meraj-e-ghazal, Aabshaar-e-ghazal, Kashish,...)

Basically something that goes beyond the obvious cliches we hear all the time and actually gives a candid picture of the woman, her life, and her work. Also, get her to sing more!! She has such a lovely voice that sounds so different on an ordinary vox recorder (as opposed to dynamic microphones in a studio).

Does anyone have the "itni gustaakh na ho ishq ki aawaara nazar" track that she hums in the interview? Apparently composed by Khaiyaam in his first film Lala Rukh(?).

-manoneet
Priya
The song from Lala Rookh iirc is pyaas kuch aur bhi bhadka diya-- Asha got the words mixed up. For some reason I always mix up phir na kije meri and this song!!!!
I doubt if Asha would answer some of those questions of Urs. sad1.gif
But yes they really ought to get music lovers to do such interviews. sad1.gif
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(priya @ Aug 27 2005, 02:34 AM)
The song from Lala Rookh iirc is pyaas kuch aur bhi bhadka diya-- Asha got the words mixed up. For some reason I always mix up phir na kije meri and this song!!!!

it seems the song is a duet...

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/17/s/movie_name.1246/

and asha sang her lines.
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(priya @ Aug 27 2005, 02:34 AM)

No, I think Asha did get the lyrics right. These lines are from the middle of
the song.
Only thing is that this is nowhere being Khayyam's first film. I don't even
think this was the first time Asha and Khayyam sang together. I am not
near my music books, but "Footpath" was before "Laala rukh" and Asha is
the main (only?) female voice in that film. Also Khayyam used to compose
as "Sharmaji" in films in the 50s itself.

This song from "Laala rukh" has 2 versions, right? Maybe there is a duet
with Talat (or a solo by Talat) and a solo by Asha.
Priya
First song of Asha and Khayyam is from Parda na? Mere pyaare sanam ki hai pyaari gali. Composed as Sharmaji.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.