Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An Open Letter To The Admins And Members Of Hf
Hamara Forums > Legends > Kishore Kumar
mmuk2004
Hi

Let me begin with a disclaimer:

This is not to instigate chaos or nullify rules or to protest against the ban against some members in the forum but rather an attempt to help them get back into the forum.

Without rules it would be a free for all and all the benefits that we enjoy as members will be thrown to the winds for the personal gratification of some tempers and egos. However I do argue for some level of tranparency when it comes to questioning rationally something that everyone might not be happy with. I personally am not happy with the rule that protests should not be made public.

I understand the the admins have the unenviable role of acting as the killjoys when it comes to taking disciplinary action. And they have to maintain some sort of decorum in the fora, that is why they are the admins. I would however request them to also accept the input of the members of the fora because besides being admins they are also members.

I know some totally unacceptable language was used and some pretty vicious mudslinging was also indulged in. I think apologies are absolutely necessary. However there should be a level of tranparency in the apologies; after all, the mudslinging offended all the members, not just the admins, right? Let us hear what people have to say in their defense(In polite language please!!!) as an address to the fora. Or apologise that they lost their cool for a while - everybody does.

And this is not just to prolong the issue but to thrash out something that keeps plaguing the KK forum again and again.

That would, perhaps,also make it a little simpler for members to apologise and return to their various fora.

Madhavi

Marcilo
Let us hear what people have to say in their defense(In polite language please!!!)

I agree with that.
bawlachintu
Sure, I also agree with you. smile.gif

Transparancy is required in dealing with all members huh.gif
nonelikekk
My bit:

I'd request members to go through my past posts and judge for themselves, the motives of members like Flex, Suhana Safar & YaarMere. Between the 3 of them, our moderator Nimii has been rebuffed, Guru has been called 'Krusty the Clown', I have been labelled as someone who 'barks' etc.

They have often been requested, direcly or indirectly, not to come into BBM with the sole intention of raising a controversy. It has fallen on deaf ears. To set an example, I have occasionally ventured into MAS to post with considerable caution, some tributes to a great singer who as a human being, ironically, was the very antithesis of some of his rabid fans.

Suhana Safar, in one of his recent posts, boasts about 'having a very good understanding about the difference between inspiration & plagiarism'. (Such boasts have not been infrequent in the past). Tempted that I was to remark that "it would be more appropriate if you can learn the correct spelling of plagiarism before making claims", I refrained out of courtesy. However, Suhana Safar thinks nothing of calling RDB a 'lifter' & encouraging Yaar Mere's obnoxious remarks as 'humour'.

All this under the guise of being an earnest poster! At least Yaar Mere & Flex made no inhibitions about the fact that they were in BBM to create a stir but Suhana Safar's attempts to don a sheep's clothing would have been amusing had the consequences not been so grave.

Two of our very good members are banned & four of our great posters quitting in dismay. I do not know what had transpired after my rightful rebuke to Flex's post but all I know is that Suhana Safar & Yaar Mere still loom large and are 'trusted' members while Jayant & Babu have been booted out.

I have no regrets whatsoever about any of my posts in HF.

For the two ousted BBM members & the 4 dismayed ones, HF was their world (Duniya).

I can't help but hum a Guru-song from Naya Zamaana!

KK-bhakt.
imjagdish
Sounds good Madhavi!!

However, if this has to be made public, I feel that the other members have to be silent observers.

I agree that people have a right to speak, however it may again unnecessarily lead to complications due to arguments and counter arguments. Even I would like to see things back to normal ASAP. If things are resolved with the other members being involved or not is'nt too crucial. Consensus has to be reached between the two parties with minimal complications.

Having been a part of the proceedings I can say that both the Moderators and our upset friends have certain valid points to put forth. Being KishoreDa's fans I do not want to see a split community among us for any reason.

Personally, I have been treated very well by all of you and still feel that this community can go forth as a unified group.

Looking at the concern of all the members over this issue, I am sure that the Moderators as well as the Upset Members will take the next step in resolving the issue.

All the best thumbs-up.gif
mmuk2004
QUOTE(imjagdish @ Aug 12 2005, 01:32 PM)
However, if this has to be made public, I feel that the other members have to be silent observers.

Point well taken Imjagdish
suhana_safar
None like KK says: Suhana Safar, in one of his recent posts, boasts about 'having a very good understanding about the difference between inspiration & plagiarism'. (Such boasts have not been infrequent in the past). Tempted that I was to remark that "it would be more appropriate if you can learn the correct spelling of plagiarism before making claims", I refrained out of courtesy. However, Suhana Safar thinks nothing of calling RDB a 'lifter' & encouraging Yaar Mere's obnoxious remarks as 'humour'.

None llike KK is probably the only member here with whom I have had heated discussions in the past. I did approach him/her a few weeks back with an olive branch so that there was no animosity between us. Obviously my graceful initiative turned out to be a complete waste.

I was simply trying to calm Yaar Mere down, did you want me to attack him/her by filthy personal remarks as done by a few members who I belive are now banned.

Do not loose sleep on my spellings. My national language is Hindi and I am very proud of my roots rather than boast about a language that we inherited from the British rule.

None like KK says: All this under the guise of being an earnest poster! At least Yaar Mere & Flex made no inhibitions about the fact that they were in BBM to create a stir but Suhana Safar's attempts to don a sheep's clothing would have been amusing had the consequences not been so grave.

None like KK at this rate, you are gonna die wondering, I am amused at your thought process. I am too busy to participate regularly and you have alleged that I come at BBM with a view to ceate a stir. Well mate thats not me, its out of my character to get involved in such meaningless acts. Rational people can judge about who actally likes to create a stir.

None like KK says: Two of our very good members are banned & four of our great posters quitting in dismay. I do not know what had transpired after my rightful rebuke to Flex's post but all I know is that Suhana Safar & Yaar Mere still loom large and are 'trusted' members while Jayant & Babu have been booted out.

I believe HF is all one family and no divisions exist. However your comments seem to indicate that you believe in divisions. I request all members to avoid specimens that try to take advantage of this situation and try to preach a "divide and rule policy". We are all one.

[color=blue]Lastly to everyone here, i have already apologised about my remarks for RDB, i agree they could have being made in a more subtle manner. Obviously people like none like kk knowingly ignore that so that they can incite more contraversies and create more divisions.

Its very interesting and other members please correct me if i am wrong, I have not seen a single uploaded song from none like KK. He/she disappears and suddenly pops out from somewhere to exploit a volatile situation. Very interesting indeed.

I also like to thank the rational minded BBM members who did understand that I had no intention of stiring or insulting anyone.

Lastly if it means anything, I do request the admin to lift the ban on anyone who have being banned as we are all one family and sometimes differences may occur but that does not imply that we cant be friends again.

Also we all need to know that this forum has its rules and regulations we need to acknowledge and respect the same.

I do not pretend to be an "artifical bhakt" of anyone but I do love you all.
rolleyes.gif
Pradeep
I enjoy Rafi Sahab, so I am the enemy. Most blame me that I am biased towards Rafians. But I am not. When things go out of hand I have to wear the admin coat. Only difference is.. Since I interact with Rafians more, we have a level of trust between each other and they agree to my requests. Where as few members consider me differently.. simply bcoz I don't interact much with them and they do not know me personally. So everything that I do to keep the serenity of the forum is seen differently by different individuals.

I have recd so many PMs asking me why have I left out YM? Who said I did so? Every disciplinary action is better off without advertising it. We respect every member's privacy. YM accepted his mistake humbly and agreed to stay away from such blunders in future. On this note I gave back his power to post on this board. If members do not convince me that they would make a point to keep the forum clean and healthy for everybody here, then I am sorry, I cannot agree to any of it.

One of the member mentioned in PM that some time back a Rafian had insulted the legend and the member and we the admins were quiet about it. The question now is, did anyone bother to report this? There are so many posts being made, we are not in a position to read each and every post. In future please, please, please make it a point to report it to the mod or the admin; please do not take rules into your own hands and blame the admin for it. It won't do any good.

My only objective is to keep the forum healthy. I don't mind going to any extent to achieve this. If members cannot agree to follow a certain etiquette and prescript, then its wise to use different pavements.
rajat.ghosh
hi Pradeep,

good to see ur reply. i hv been silently observing the proceedings here but i cannot any more. i m not questioning the authority of the admins/moderators but there are some issues which i need to discuss with them and especially u.

this is a public forum and it relates to some of the greats in HFM, so does the admins need to know personally each individual member before taking any discplinary action against them.
i fully agree with u tht it is not possible for the admins to keep track of all the posts tht are posted here. but here when the thread started on RDB and KK song - Tera Mujhse, Nimmi also posted there and later u also joined in it, the comments made by some members on RD was totally uncalled for. moreover, they hv not even posted a single post apologizing with the other members for there sarcastic comments on the music gr8. i m boasting for my collection on RDB songs but m really proud of it, moreso bcause of the quality than the quantity. furthermore if one makes a certain remark it shld hv a meaningful logic behind it rather than childish gestures, for ex:-- RDB was a lifter.
one more pt. which IMHO is tht there is no transparency in adding a particular member in the trusted members group. me and Ambrish r still not in tht group and i hv created a thread, post in a thread and also, sent a PM to Nimmi for the same but tht only answer i got was members hv to contibute in the forum to b in tht group. can u please define the word contribution in this regard. post like 'wonderful/gr8/excellent song/upload" is frankly speaking not my cup of tea. members who upload rare songs or post some invaluable info. dont hv the intentions of getting wah-wah frm the fellow members, they do so bcause they believe in sharing info.
members who hv left the forum is a gr8 loss for everybody including the admins and they r the ones who were responsble to keep the forum healthy. dont u think tht admins shld take the extra initiative in persuading them come back?

hope u take my post with a positive frame of mind.

Rajat
suhana_safar
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 13 2005, 02:28 PM)
I enjoy Rafi Sahab, so I am the enemy. Most blame me that I am biased towards Rafians. But I am not. When things go out of hand I have to wear the admin coat. Only difference is.. Since I interact with Rafians more, we have a level of trust between each other and they agree to my requests. Where as few members consider me differently.. simply bcoz I don't interact much with them and they do not know me personally. So everything that I do to keep the serenity of the forum is seen differently by different individuals.

I have recd so many PMs asking me why have I left out YM? Who said I did so? Every  disciplinary action is better off without advertising it. We respect every member's privacy. YM accepted his mistake humbly and agreed to stay away from such blunders in future. On this note I gave back his power to post on this board. If members do not convince me that they would make a point to keep the forum clean and healthy for everybody here, then I am sorry, I cannot agree to any of it.

One of the member mentioned in PM that some time back a Rafian had insulted the legend and the member and we the admins were quiet about it. The question now is, did anyone bother to report this? There are so many posts being made, we are not in a position to read each and every post. In future please, please, please make it a point to report it to the mod or the admin; please do not take rules into your own hands and blame the admin for it. It won't do any good.

My only objective is to keep the forum healthy. I don't mind going to any extent to achieve this. If members cannot agree to follow a certain etiquette and prescript, then its wise to use different pavements.

Pradeep bhai

It is indeed very graceful of you to explain your position although I belive you were not obliged to do it. You are a very fair and a decent person and this post is evidence of that.

It is also very graceful of Yaar Mere to humbly accept his mistake. I completely agree with Pradeep and hats of to him. clap1.gif
AzgarKhan
I second Suhana_safar bro.

Pradeep Bhai/UNNI/Nimmi are great people. I would never hesitate to apologize them if ever needed.
Marcilo
Wow .. Some thoughtful discussion going on here.

Lastly if it means anything, I do request the admin to lift the ban on anyone who have being banned as we are all one family and sometimes differences may occur but that does not imply that we cant be friends again.

Great thought Suhana Safar. clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif Really appreciate your initiative

Pardeep has put his admin perspective, juggling between different roles he has done a great job. clap1.gif Now going back to this episode. Yes, its not possible to monitor all the posts, but was any action taken when legend was compared to "Clown on Simpson show".? If so why the member in question has shown defiance and has done that again, intentionally or just in fit of rage.?

Here is another thing, members banned or who have opted out of forum were defending a cause. And as far as my knowledge goes in any "Justice (criminal) system act of defense is never a grave crime than act of aggression". I am sure and I hope that admins must have taken all the info into account along with all the available facts.

I personally feel that one should play game by the rule, its good to play game on its own turf. Rules of cricket don’t apply to hockey, sending ball out to stand in hockey is not equivalent to six goals.

Likes and dislikes are personal traits but that does not mean one should start showing disrespect. All these “guys” are beyond and above us. With that said I would request members to retrospect their actions and be their own judge be it rebuking of RDB or Kishore Kumar and for that fact “Kumar Sanu” too. (Yes, that has happened too). I am no fan of Kumar Sanu, by no means at all I would go buy his music, but there were few instances (in past on this section) where people have de-graded him. Guys come on, if we don’t like any one that does not mean we have to disrespect that individual. Lets refrains form tarnishing others just for our personal likes and dislikes.

Again, I will abide by the rules and give due respect to decisions that admins take
Marcilo
QUOTE(AzgarKhan @ Aug 13 2005, 07:45 AM)
I second Suhana_safar bro.

Pradeep Bhai/UNNI/Nimmi are great people. I would never hesitate to apologize them if ever needed.

Way to go Azgar Khan
nk108
This is not an attempt to take anyone's side [because I have not been following any of this], but one ponders the effectiveness of banning someone from the forum. After all, can't someone simply re-register under a different name? Then, the only real penalty would be in terms of time as one needs to, again, establish, himself in the "Trusted" category.
Priya
After all, can't someone simply re-register under a different name? Then, the only real penalty would be in terms of time as one needs to, again, establish, himself in the "Trusted" category.

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00

Also no more members are being moved to the Trusted category unless they subscribe to the Briefcase.
bchatterjee
QUOTE(priya @ Aug 13 2005, 08:38 PM)
After all, can't someone simply re-register under a different name? Then, the only real penalty would be in terms of time as one needs to, again, establish, himself in the "Trusted" category.

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00

Also no more members are being moved to the Trusted category unless they subscribe to the Briefcase.

What is this Briefcase and how does one use it??? Why use it????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Let me know, Priya Didi
Bappa
Priya
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Aug 13 2005, 09:48 PM)
What is this Briefcase and how does one use it??? Why use it????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Let me know, Priya Didi
Bappa

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?act=announce&f=18&id=7
Mujhe didi bolte ho!!! angry2.gif
shuklas
Dears :

Let us put a stop here & move on...

Aum Shanti..Aum Shanti...Aum Shanti.

Shuklas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.