Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: **(more) Extremely Rare Facts About Kishor Kumar
Hamara Forums > Legends > Kishore Kumar
jbakshi
A FEW LESSER KNOWN FACTS ABOUT THE GOD OF MELODY

blab.gif . What was approx time on 4 Aug 1929 when Kishore was born?
Ans.: 16:00

blab.gif . How much was Kishoreda’s dad’s salary in those days when he was a kid?
Ans.: Rs 30/- p.m.

blab.gif . What were the real names of Ashok Kumar & Anup Kumar?
Ans.: Kumud & Kusum respectively.

blab.gif . What was the name of Kishoreda’s primary school & its Headmaster?
Ans.: Double Phatak Hindi Medium; Pandit Makhanlal Chaturvedi

blab.gif . What was the name of his high school?
Ans.: New High School, Khandwa

blab.gif . In which subject was he most weak?
Ans.: Mathematics

blab.gif . What was the name of his college?
Ans.: Christian College, Indore

blab.gif . What are the age differences between KK & Ashok Kumar, KK & SatiDevi, KK & Anup Kumar?
Ans.: 19yrs, 15yrs and 5 yrs respectively

blab.gif . First film as Actor?
Ans.: 'Shikari' (1946) - Guest App.

blab.gif . First and last film as Music Director?
Ans.: 'Jhumroo' and 'Mamta Ki Chhaon Mein' respectively

blab.gif . First and last film as Producer?
Ans.: 'Luko Churi' (Bengali) and 'Mamata Ki Chhaon Mein' respectively

blab.gif . First and last film as Director?
Ans.: 'Door Gagan Ki Chhaon Mein' and 'Door Waadiyon Mein Kahin' resp'ly

blab.gif . His first duet with Asha?
Ans.: Aati Hai Yaad Humko ('Muqaddar' – 1950)

blab.gif . How many times has HE won the Lions Club Award for singing?
Ans.: 15 (14 in Bombay, 1 in Delhi )

blab.gif . For how many songs was HE nominated for the Best Singer in the Filmfare awards?
Ans.: 27

blab.gif . Apart from singing and poetry what was his other artistic pastime?
Ans.: Drawing/Painting

blab.gif . Why did the songs from Door Ka Raahi have that extra sadness which moves the ground beneath a die-hard KK-Fan?
Ans.: They were recorded exactly after 4 days from Madhubala’s death

blab.gif . Who performed the role of Kishoreda’s father during his marriage with Yogita Bali?
Ans.: Mehmood (Shammi Kapoor perfomed the role of Yogita’s father)

Did you know that our Guru had personally put up a sign at the entrance of his house saying - 'BEWARE OF KISHORE KUMAR' (to avoid reporters from dropping in without appointment)
- Whether it worked or not in another story, which I'm not aware of.

Now, listen up guys. Please make sure you reply. Don't just read and quit! Wouldn't you like to now more such rare (and rarer) facts about HIM? Believe me...you'll be shocked and amazed! (But that obviously depends on the response I get to this post. That's fair, isn't it?)

COMING UP SOON - MANY MORE SUCH RARE FACTS...EVEN RARER!
bapa1967
ISN'T THE MOVIE "MAMTA KI CHAON ME" HIS LAST DIRECTORIAL VENTURE???

OR SOMEBODY ELSE HAS DIRECTED IT
jbakshi
QUOTE(bapa1967 @ Jul 9 2005, 11:51 PM)
ISN'T THE MOVIE "MAMTA KI CHAON ME" HIS LAST DIRECTORIAL VENTURE???

OR SOMEBODY ELSE HAS DIRECTED IT

Yes, Mamata Ki Chhaon Mein WAS indeed his last directorial venture. SAD, BUT TRUE!

rom
Thanks for the assorted info, JB!
ravikumarofindia
Good informative thread.

Expecting more.
jbakshi
QUOTE(ravikumarofindia @ Jul 11 2005, 04:52 PM)
Good informative thread.

Expecting more.

You all are most welcome. I'll be posting more (as promised) tonight. So, keep an eye camera.gif
jbakshi
RARE FACTS
(Continued from before..........)

Click to view attachment

21. What was the funny name under which Kishoreda used to write his poetry?
Ans.: Kavi Kisordas

22. How much money was he paid for each song at the time of Aradhana and how much was he paid in the late 70’s when he was at the top position?
Ans.: Rs. 500/- and Rs. 30,000/- respectively

23. Which one particular film made Kishore Kumar so rich that he made a bungalow in Juhu in the 50’s?
Ans.: Luko Churi

24. Which was his favourite movie hall, where he & Ruma Ghosh (his first wife) visited quite often to watch English movies?
Ans.: Lido (Santacruz – West)

25. In which year was Kishoreda married to Ruma Ghosh?
Ans.: 1950

26. Name the Satyajit Ray film that was partly financed by Kishore Kumar?
Ans.: Pather Panchali

27. What model and year-of-make was the car that was used in Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi and who did it belong to?
Ans.: 1928 Ford – His father

28. What pets did Kishoreda have in his house and how many of them were there in all?
Ans.: Cats and Dogs – Total of 50

29. Apart from the house in Juhu, where else did Kishore purchase flats/houses?
Ans.: A flat in Warden Road, Bombay and a Villa in Madras.

30. What was the name of his Villa in Madras?
Ans.: 'Tiruman Mayur'

31. Name the Kishore Kumar song of the 50’s due to which there was a serious shortage of coins in the market, to listen to the Jukeboxes.
Ans.: 'Maana Janaab Ne Pukaara Nahin'

32. What is the significance of the evergreen song 'Yeh Jeevan Hai' (from 'Piya Ka Ghar') with respect to his singing power?
Ans.: He received the lyrics and the tune of the song 15 minutes before the final recording. So, there was absolutely no rehearsal (unbelievable)

33. In which year and where did Kishoreda perform his first stage show?
Ans.: In 1968 at Rabindra Sarobar, Calcutta

34. Apart from 'Kishore Kumar Khandwewala', by what other name did he call himself in his stage shows?
Ans.: Kishorilal Khatmandu

35. Which electronic gadget did Kishoreda fit in his house (he was the first person in the industry to do so)?
Ans.: CCTV

36. Which is the other song, apart from the famous 'Aake Seedhi Lagi' (from 'Half Ticket'), in which Kishoreda sang in a female voice and what is the name of the film?
Ans.: 'Baiyyan Chhodo Balam Ghar' (Rangili – 1952)

37. Which spiritual leader's books did Kishore Kumar read avidly?
Ans.: Swami Vivekananda

38. Name the last film in which Kishore Kumar sang for Rajesh Khanna.
Ans.: Mamta Ki Chhaon Mein

39. Name the song in which Kishoreda had given voice to the maximum artists on screen.
Ans.: 'Haalchaal Theek Thaak Hai' (from 'Mere Apne'). He gave voice to 6 actors in this song.

40. What astonishing fact did he find out in a graveyard near his house at Juhu Beach?
Ans.: There was a priest’s grave and his death date & time was 4th Aug 1929 @ 16:00 (exactly the time of his birth). Thus Kishoreda wondered what could be the connection, given the fact that in his childhood he used to go near a cemetery in Khandwa and sit there for hours (in spite of getting severe scoldings from his father because of that)

Okay guys.. there are MORE to come; AUR BHI HAI; AARO AACHHE. But once again, that would depend on the response, you see.

thakur
QUOTE(jbakshi @ Jul 11 2005, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE(ravikumarofindia @ Jul 11 2005, 04:52 PM)
Good informative thread.

Expecting more.

You all are most welcome. I'll be posting more (as promised) tonight. So, keep an eye camera.gif

-------------------------------------
Excellant info JB.

Thanks
Bawra Jay
Nice post , but I dont think that most of us have not heard or read about this... Am surprised how ROM missed reading it earlier .... u an ole-timer naa tongue.gif

Kaustubh (KCP) had already posted such threads here and at other Kishore Da's websites.. for example :-
http://www.yoodleeyoo.com/quiz/bdayQuiz.php
http://www.gnoosic.com/discussion/kishore+kumar.html

etc...
rom
BJ bhai, I never said I've not read/known all this before! wink2.gif
And I do well remember KCP's mails on trivia on Guru.
jbakshi
QUOTE(rom @ Jul 12 2005, 02:00 PM)

Oh! Good. But I'm sure most people out here haven't, have they? I just thought of providing these informations since they really ARE rare! And, where KK is concerned, NOTHING said about him can ever be ENOUGH. That's what I believe! I only wish I could inform the whole world about these facts, but unfortunately, that's far from reality.
jbakshi
QUOTE(jbakshi @ Jul 12 2005, 06:06 PM)

Oh! Good. But I'm sure most people out here haven't, have they? I just thought of providing these informations since they really ARE rare! And, where KK is concerned, NOTHING said about him can ever be ENOUGH. That's what I believe! I only wish I could inform the whole world about these facts, but unfortunately, that's far from reality.
But one thing - I never read these facts HERE at least. thats for sure.

Mannu
QUOTE(jbakshi @ Jul 12 2005, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE(jbakshi @ Jul 12 2005, 06:06 PM)

But one thing - I never read these facts HERE at least. thats for sure.

JB
There should be no issues if the things are posted again... I feel the information was very informative and the only way to know those facts here in this forum... keep up the good work.... thumbs-up.gif

BJ
Thanks for providing the direct links... It was just killing to keep waiting for the next post....

sunglasses2.gif --Mannu
Bawra Jay
jbakshi , You guys took me wrong, what I meant was , when I saw your consistent request for replies and participation , I thought let me make you aware , why you were not seeing lots of replies or discussion going , as this all was listed and talked about earlier.

Its indeed a nice posting , and this is how we can keep re-reading , memorize things about our favourite singer again and again, isnt it smile1.gif Its always good to know there is such enthusiasm and excited fan club of Kishore Da smile1.gif ....

Mannu
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Jul 12 2005, 09:02 PM)
jbakshi , You guys took me wrong, what I meant was , when I saw your consistent request for replies and participation , I thought let me make you aware , why you were not seeing lots of replies or discussion going , as this all was listed and talked about earlier. 

Its indeed a nice posting , and this is how we can keep re-reading , memorize things about our favourite singer again and again, isnt it smile1.gif Its always good to know there is such enthusiasm and excited fan club of Kishore Da smile1.gif ....

Atleast i didnt take it wrong......wink2.gif
kallubhai4u
its good to know that there r still many peoploe like u in india...i should thank u for these facts which r not only rare but only a handful know about it though rverybody knows kk. thanks again "jbakshi".please continue the good work...kalyan.bye. and thanks once again.

QUOTE(jbakshi @ Jul 11 2005, 06:20 PM)
RARE FACTS
(Continued from before..........)

Click to view attachment

21. What was the funny name under which Kishoreda used to write his poetry?
Ans.: Kavi Kisordas

22. How much money was he paid for each song at the time of Aradhana and how much was he paid in the late 70’s when he was at the top position?
Ans.: Rs. 500/- and Rs. 30,000/- respectively

23. Which one particular film made Kishore Kumar so rich that he made a bungalow in Juhu in the 50’s?
Ans.: Luko Churi

24. Which was his favourite movie hall, where he & Ruma Ghosh (his first wife) visited quite often to watch English movies?
Ans.: Lido (Santacruz – West)

25. In which year was Kishoreda married to Ruma Ghosh?
Ans.: 1950

26. Name the Satyajit Ray film that was partly financed by Kishore Kumar?
Ans.: Pather Panchali

27. What model and year-of-make was the car that was used in Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi and who did it belong to?
Ans.: 1928 Ford – His father

28. What pets did Kishoreda have in his house and how many of them were there in all?
Ans.: Cats and Dogs – Total of 50

29. Apart from the house in Juhu, where else did Kishore purchase flats/houses?
Ans.: A flat in Warden Road, Bombay and a Villa in Madras.

30. What was the name of his Villa in Madras?
Ans.: 'Tiruman Mayur'

31. Name the Kishore Kumar song of the 50’s due to which there was a serious shortage of coins in the market, to listen to the Jukeboxes.
Ans.: 'Maana Janaab Ne Pukaara Nahin'

32. What is the significance of the evergreen song 'Yeh Jeevan Hai' (from 'Piya Ka Ghar') with respect to his singing power?
Ans.: He received the lyrics and the tune of the song 15 minutes before the final recording. So, there was absolutely no rehearsal (unbelievable)

33. In which year and where did Kishoreda perform his first stage show?
Ans.: In 1968 at Rabindra Sarobar, Calcutta

34. Apart from 'Kishore Kumar Khandwewala', by what other name did he call himself in his stage shows?
Ans.: Kishorilal Khatmandu

35. Which electronic gadget did Kishoreda fit in his house (he was the first person in the industry to do so)?
Ans.: CCTV

36. Which is the other song, apart from the famous 'Aake Seedhi Lagi' (from 'Half Ticket'), in which Kishoreda sang in a female voice and what is the name of the film?
Ans.: 'Baiyyan Chhodo Balam Ghar' (Rangili – 1952)

37. Which spiritual leader's books did Kishore Kumar read avidly?
Ans.: Swami Vivekananda

38. Name the last film in which Kishore Kumar sang for Rajesh Khanna.
Ans.: Mamta Ki Chhaon Mein

39. Name the song in which Kishoreda had given voice to the maximum artists on screen.
Ans.: 'Haalchaal Theek Thaak Hai' (from 'Mere Apne'). He gave voice to 6 actors in this song.

40. What astonishing fact did he find out in a graveyard near his house at Juhu Beach?
Ans.: There was a priest’s grave and his death date & time was 4th Aug 1929 @ 16:00 (exactly the time of his birth). Thus Kishoreda wondered what could be the connection, given the fact that in his childhood he used to go near a cemetery in Khandwa and sit there for hours (in spite of getting severe scoldings from his father because of that)

Okay guys.. there are MORE  to come; AUR BHI HAI; AARO AACHHE. But once again, that would depend on the response, you see.

jbakshi
QUOTE(Mannu @ Jul 13 2005, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Jul 12 2005, 09:02 PM)

Atleast i didnt take it wrong......wink2.gif

Oops, I guess I DID get you wrong. Sorry pal.. No issues I hope! Well, we at least got to know each other this way! sunglasses2.gif

See you around!!
zankib
KK ko kaunsi sabji sabse jyada pasand thi. Batao.................
rahulgopaljoshi
Cabbage, I guess
jbakshi
Continued. . . . . .

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

41. Other than the Mangeshkar sisters, name another pair of sisters with each of whom Kishore has sung duets?
Ans.: Sulakshana Pandit & Vijeta Pandit

42. Which is the only song composed by Pancham that was sung in Bengali by Kishoreda and in Hindi by Pancham himself? (Normally it used to be the other way round)?
Ans.: Bengali - 'Shey To Elo Na'; Hindi - 'Yeh Zindagi Kuch Bhi Sahi'

43. HE sang a duet in a home-production of a famous producer-director, in which his female co-singer was the producer-director's wife. Name the producer-director and his wife.
Ans.: Yash Chopra & Pamela Chopra

44. In which year did Kishoreda and his first wife, Ruma get divorced?
Ans.: 1958

45. In which year did Kishoreda marry Madhubala?
Ans.: 1960

46. In which year did Madhubala die and where was Kishoreda at the time of her death?
Ans.: In 1969 – She died in Kishoreda’s arms

47. Name the films in which Kishoreda acted that celebrated their Silver Jubilees.
Ans.: Ladka-Ladki, Adhikar, Pehli Tarikh, New Delhi, Ilzaam, Chandan, Sharaarat, Bewaqoof, Pyaar Kiye Ja

48. Name the films in which Kishoreda acted that celebrated their Golden Jubilees.
Ans.: Luko Churi, Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi, Bhai Bhai & Aasha

49. Name the films in which acted in double/multiple roles.
Luko Churi, Jaalsaaz, Sharaarat, Bombay Ka Chor, Do Dooni Chaar had double roles & Badhti Ka Naam Daadhi

50. In one of the above films he played the maximum number of roles. Which is the film and how many roles did he play in it?
Ans.: Badhti Ka Naam Daadhi, in which he played 6 (six) roles.

51. In which year did Kishore Kumar meet R. D. Burman for the first time?
[color=red]Ans.: 1952

52. Name 4 films of Kishore Kumar, which had the name of the same city.
Ans.: Bombay To Goa, Bombay Ka Chor, Mr X In Bombay, Love in Bombay

53. Name his most favorite K. L. Saigal song
Ans.: Kisne Yeh Khel Rachaya

54. Name a film where any two wives of Kishore Kumar have acted together.
Jwar Bhata (1944)

55. 'The Kishore Kumar Award' (Government Award) is given for which categories and in which order are they arranged each year?
Ans.: Direction – Acting – Script Writing - Lyrics

56. Known for his tremendous sense of humour, Kishoreda used to jokingly address a famous music director 'dadu', since he had the same name as his grandfather. Who was this music director and what was the name of KK's grandfather?
Ans.: Pyaarelal (of the Laxmikant-Pyaarelal duo); Pyaarelal Ganguly

57. In which year did Kishoreda's father die?
Ans.: 1962

58. What was Kishoreda's favourite (and most trusted) driver's name?
Ans.: Abdul

59. In which year and where did Kishore Kumar get his first heart attack?
Ans.: in 1980 at Calcutta.
(the source of the above information (#42) is not from any site or anywhere else for that matter, but straight from the horse's mouth, ie., from the doctor under whom he was admitted in the ICU of Belle Vue Clinic, Calcutta. The doctor is one of the most renowned cardiologists of India, Dr. K. B. Bakshi, who also happens to be my father. I was in Class VIII during the time and under no circumstances would let this opportunity to meet my GOD face to face get out of my hands. Needless to say, that was the first and last time and MY LIFE WAS MADE - I just couldn't handle the emotion and [b]actually started crying. Before leaving, I also paid some money to a ward-boy and asked him to get his footprint for me on a clean sheet of paper, which he did. Till date I have it framed and kept in my room. Everybody call me 'crazy', but I'm really PROUD of it. In fact, that is undoubtedly my most precious possession/asset).[/b]

60. At what time on the 13th. of October 1987 did Kishore Kumar leave for his heavenly abode?
Ans.: 17:00 Hours

bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bye.gif bye.gif bye.gif bye.gif bye.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif
deep750
great info bakshi sahib smile1.gif
Mannu
QUOTE(zankib @ Jul 13 2005, 11:32 PM)

Bhindi is my bet...smile1.gif
Mannu
QUOTE(jbakshi @ Jul 14 2005, 01:24 AM)

(the source of the above information (#42) is not from any site or anywhere else for that matter, but straight from the horse's mouth, ie., from the doctor under whom he was admitted in the ICU of Belle Vue Clinic, Calcutta. The doctor is one of the most renowned cardiologists of India, Dr. K. B. Bakshi, who also happens to be my father. I was in Class VIII during the time and under no circumstances would let this opportunity to meet my GOD face to face get out of my hands. Needless to say, that was the first and last time and MY LIFE WAS MADE - I just couldn't handle the emotion and [b]actually started crying. Before leaving, I also paid some money to a ward-boy and asked him to get his footprint for me on a clean sheet of paper, which he did. Till date I have it framed and kept in my room. Everybody call me 'crazy', but I'm really PROUD of it. In fact, that is undoubtedly my most precious possession/asset).[/b]

JB,

You are really blessed that you are in possession of one of the only nishani...

We would be obliged if we happen to see that Foot-print.....

Another ... Guru Bhakt...
-Mannu
edward_236
You are not crazy, Bakshi saab, to own the legend's footprints. You may make a million on ebay but I doubt anyone who is in the right mind will sell it. You should at least scan or photograph it so that you can share with the rest of us. PLEEEEEEAAAAASE.

I am surprised that films such as Padosan and Bombay to Goa didn't find mention in either Silver and Golden Jubilee categories. Please elaborate. They must have done more than 100 weeks I guess.

Please keep on posting such trivia.... It makes interesting reading.

jbakshi
QUOTE(deep750 @ Jul 14 2005, 03:13 AM)
great info bakshi sahib smile1.gif

Thanks Deep

jbakshi
QUOTE(edward_236 @ Jul 14 2005, 12:16 PM)
You are not crazy, Bakshi saab, to own the legend's footprints. You may make a million on ebay but I doubt anyone who is in the right mind will sell it. You should at least scan or photograph it so that you can share with the rest of us. PLEEEEEEAAAAASE.

I am surprised that films such as Padosan and Bombay to Goa didn't find mention in either Silver and Golden Jubilee categories. Please elaborate. They must have done more than 100 weeks I guess.

Please keep on posting such trivia.... It makes interesting reading.

HEY...I'll be more than happy to scan it for you guys. Just give me a couple of days time.
rom
You've seen god, Bakshi-ji! I envy you!
jbakshi
QUOTE(rom @ Jul 14 2005, 01:17 PM)
You've seen god, Bakshi-ji! I envy you!

If I were you I'd feel the same way pal. At times I still wonder whether it was all a dream, but his footprints are there to re-assure me that not only did I actually MEET my God, but also SPOKE to him (rather, stammered and stuttered throughout).

rahulgopaljoshi
Bakshi Ji..

Hab Sab Log Dil Thamkar intzaar kar rahe hein, hamare bhagwan ji ke charan kamal ka.. jaldi Keejiye..

Rahul Gopal Joshi
Mannu

Arre bhaiyya..... kahan hain aap...

Sahi answer to bataiye.... what was Guru's favourite sabji

ohmy.gif
jbakshi
QUOTE(Mannu @ Jul 20 2005, 11:23 AM)

ohmy.gif

BHINDI
humble_rafi
(the source of the above information (#42) is not from any site or anywhere else for that matter, but straight from the horse's mouth, ie., from the doctor under whom he was admitted in the ICU of Belle Vue Clinic, Calcutta. The doctor is one of the most renowned cardiologists of India, Dr. K. B. Bakshi, who also happens to be my father. I was in Class VIII during the time and under no circumstances would let this opportunity to meet my GOD face to face get out of my hands. Needless to say, that was the first and last time and MY LIFE WAS MADE - I just couldn't handle the emotion and actually started crying. Before leaving, I also paid some money to a ward-boy and asked him to get his footprint for me on a clean sheet of paper, which he did. Till date I have it framed and kept in my room. Everybody call me 'crazy', but I'm really PROUD of it. In fact, that is undoubtedly my most precious possession/asset).

i respect ur love,affection and adoration for KISHORE DA clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif

we fans might be the unknown faces for the celebs but we know more abt them then their own relatives know.

KEEP IT UP BAKSHI JI sunglasses2.gif
kkhits
QUOTE(Mannu @ Jul 20 2005, 10:53 AM)

ohmy.gif

thanks jbakshi for this info
jbakshi
Thanks for your responses guys. I'll be uploading the 'footprint' pic tonight.
naveedvu
QUOTE(jbakshi @ Jul 9 2005, 06:22 PM)
A FEW LESSER KNOWN FACTS ABOUT THE GOD OF MELODY

blab.gif . What was approx time on 4 Aug 1929 when Kishore was born?
    Ans.: 16:00

blab.gif . How much was Kishoreda’s dad’s salary in those days when he was a kid?
    Ans.: Rs 30/- p.m.

blab.gif . What were the real names of Ashok Kumar & Anup Kumar?
    Ans.: Kumud & Kusum respectively.

blab.gif . What was the name of Kishoreda’s primary school & its Headmaster?
    Ans.: Double Phatak Hindi Medium; Pandit Makhanlal Chaturvedi

blab.gif . What was the name of his high school?
    Ans.: New High School, Khandwa

blab.gif . In which subject was he most weak?
    Ans.: Mathematics

blab.gif . What was the name of his college?
    Ans.: Christian College, Indore

blab.gif . What are the age differences between KK & Ashok Kumar, KK & SatiDevi, KK & Anup Kumar?
    Ans.: 19yrs, 15yrs and 5 yrs respectively

blab.gif . First film as Actor?
    Ans.: 'Shikari' (1946) - Guest App.

blab.gif . First and last film as Music Director?
    Ans.: 'Jhumroo' and 'Mamta Ki Chhaon Mein' respectively

blab.gif . First and last film as Producer?
    Ans.: 'Luko Churi' (Bengali) and 'Mamata Ki Chhaon Mein' respectively

blab.gif . First and last film as Director?
    Ans.: 'Door Gagan Ki Chhaon Mein' and 'Door Waadiyon Mein Kahin' resp'ly

blab.gif . His first duet with Asha?
    Ans.: Aati Hai Yaad Humko ('Muqaddar' – 1950)

blab.gif . How many times has HE won the Lions Club Award for singing?
    Ans.: 15 (14 in Bombay, 1 in Delhi )

blab.gif . For how many songs was HE nominated for the Best Singer in the Filmfare awards?
Ans.: 27

blab.gif . Apart from singing and poetry what was his other artistic pastime?
Ans.: Drawing/Painting

blab.gif . Why did the songs from Door Ka Raahi have that extra sadness which moves the ground beneath a die-hard KK-Fan?
Ans.: They were recorded exactly after 4 days from Madhubala’s death

blab.gif . Who performed the role of Kishoreda’s father during his marriage with Yogita Bali?
Ans.: Mehmood (Shammi Kapoor perfomed the role of Yogita’s father)

Did you know that our Guru had personally put up a sign at the entrance of his house saying - 'BEWARE OF KISHORE KUMAR' (to avoid reporters from dropping in without appointment)
- Whether it worked or not in another story, which I'm not aware of.

Now, listen up guys. Please make sure you reply. Don't just read and quit! Wouldn't you like to now more such rare (and rarer) facts about HIM? Believe me...you'll be shocked and amazed! (But that obviously depends on the response I get to this post. That's fair, isn't it?)

COMING UP SOON - MANY MORE SUCH RARE FACTS...EVEN RARER!

jbakshi great yar good information
naveedvu
QUOTE(jbakshi @ Jul 14 2005, 12:54 AM)
Continued. . . . . .

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

41. Other than the Mangeshkar sisters, name another pair of sisters with each of whom Kishore has sung duets?
Ans.: Sulakshana Pandit & Vijeta Pandit

42. Which is the only song composed by Pancham that was sung in Bengali by Kishoreda and in Hindi by Pancham himself? (Normally it used to be the other way round)?
Ans.: Bengali - 'Shey To Elo Na'; Hindi - 'Yeh Zindagi Kuch Bhi Sahi'

43. HE sang a duet in a home-production of a famous producer-director, in which his female co-singer was the producer-director's wife. Name the producer-director and his wife.
Ans.: Yash Chopra & Pamela Chopra

44. In which year did Kishoreda and his first wife, Ruma get divorced?
Ans.: 1958

45. In which year did Kishoreda marry Madhubala?
Ans.: 1960

46. In which year did Madhubala die and where was Kishoreda at the time of her death?
Ans.: In 1969 – She died in Kishoreda’s arms

47. Name the films in which Kishoreda acted that celebrated their Silver Jubilees.
Ans.: Ladka-Ladki, Adhikar, Pehli Tarikh, New Delhi, Ilzaam, Chandan, Sharaarat, Bewaqoof, Pyaar Kiye Ja

48. Name the films in which Kishoreda acted that celebrated their Golden Jubilees.
Ans.: Luko Churi, Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi, Bhai Bhai & Aasha

49. Name the films in which acted in double/multiple roles.
Luko Churi, Jaalsaaz, Sharaarat, Bombay Ka Chor, Do Dooni Chaar had double roles & Badhti Ka Naam Daadhi

50. In one of the above films he played the maximum number of roles. Which is the film and how many roles did he play in it?
Ans.: Badhti Ka Naam Daadhi, in which he played 6 (six) roles.

51. In which year did Kishore Kumar meet R. D. Burman for the first time?
[color=red]Ans.: 1952

52. Name 4 films of Kishore Kumar, which had the name of the same city.
Ans.: Bombay To Goa, Bombay Ka Chor, Mr X In Bombay, Love in Bombay

53. Name his most favorite K. L. Saigal song
Ans.: Kisne Yeh Khel Rachaya

54. Name a film where any two wives of Kishore Kumar have acted together.
Jwar Bhata (1944)

55. 'The Kishore Kumar Award' (Government Award) is given for which categories and in which order are they arranged each year?
Ans.: Direction – Acting – Script Writing - Lyrics

56. Known for his tremendous sense of humour, Kishoreda used to jokingly address a famous music director 'dadu', since he had the same name as his grandfather. Who was this music director and what was the name of KK's grandfather?
Ans.: Pyaarelal (of the Laxmikant-Pyaarelal duo); Pyaarelal Ganguly

57. In which year did Kishoreda's father die?
Ans.: 1962

58. What was Kishoreda's favourite (and most trusted) driver's name?
Ans.: Abdul

60. At what time on the 13th. of October 1987 did Kishore Kumar leave for his heavenly abode?
Ans.: 17:00 Hours

bow.gif  bow.gif  bow.gif  bow.gif  bow.gif  bye.gif  bye.gif bye.gif  bye.gif  bye.gif  bow.gif  bow.gif  bow.gif  bow.gif bow.gif

Thanks jbakshi bohat information hai aap ko kishoreda ke baare mein
rakesh
Hi,

This the extract from Mr. rom's posting in an earlier thread:

"Humility was in Guru writing to a film magazine in the early 1970s and saying that he was the biggest fan of Rafisaab. Humility was in Rafisaab trying to remove the Sanjay Gandhi ban on Guru in the 70s. Humility was in Guru not celebrating his birthday after Rafisaab's demise."

I thought these rare facts about Kishoreda should be shared in this thread too.

Regards,
Rakesh
sr4579
Do you know????

GURU called all his four wives bandariyas (monkeys) since they all happened to be living in Bandra when they married him.
sr4579
One more....

The stories are legion about how he taught erring producers lessons.
Particularly those who failed to pay him his dues in time. Once he turned
up on the sets with exactly half his face made up because the producer
had only settled half his dues. Another time, an unluckier producer found
him with half his head and half his moustache shaved off because he had
not paid him more than half his money. The shooting schedules had to
be cancelled for almost a month. Mehmood, one of the few people in the
industry he can still call a friend, has described how he once had to
hire a pistol to threaten Kishore Kumar so that he could come to the sets.
He laughs off most of these stories today as exaggeration but concedes
that he had to try every trick in the trade - and many outside it as well -
just to make people pay him his legitimate dues in an industry notorious
for its unkept promises.
rolleyes.gif wink2.gif
jbakshi
QUOTE(sr4579 @ Jul 22 2005, 09:38 PM)
One more....

The stories are legion about how he taught erring producers lessons.
Particularly those who failed to pay him his dues in time. Once he turned
up on the sets with exactly half his face made up because the producer
had only settled half his dues. Another time, an unluckier producer found
him with half his head and half his moustache shaved off because he had
not paid him more than half his money. The shooting schedules had to
be cancelled for almost a month. Mehmood, one of the few people in the
industry he can still call a friend, has described how he once had to
hire a pistol to threaten Kishore Kumar so that he could come to the sets.
He laughs off most of these stories today as exaggeration but concedes
that he had to try every trick in the trade - and many outside it as well -
just to make people pay him his legitimate dues in an industry notorious
for its unkept promises.
rolleyes.gif  wink2.gif

rollf.gif It was only possible for HIM to come up with something like that. clap1.gif
bawlachintu
QUOTE(rahulgopaljoshi @ Jul 14 2005, 12:49 AM)
Cabbage, I guess

wink2.gif

Close to correct reply. It is Gobhi: Fool wali Cauliflower rolleyes.gif

Specially prepared by DadaMuni's wife and Preeti Ganguly

Chin 2
jbakshi
QUOTE(rakesh @ Jul 22 2005, 11:59 AM)
Hi,

"Humility was in Guru writing to a film magazine in the early 1970s and saying that he was the biggest fan of Rafisaab. Humility was in Rafisaab trying to remove the Sanjay Gandhi ban on Guru in the 70s. Humility was in Guru not celebrating his birthday after Rafisaab's demise."

Regards,
Rakesh

Thanks for the info Rakesh.
amit
QUOTE(jbakshi @ Jul 24 2005, 07:07 PM)
QUOTE(rakesh @ Jul 22 2005, 11:59 AM)
Hi,

Regards,
Rakesh

Thanks for the info Rakesh.

Excellent effort dada. Please keep on providing us the rare facts

party2.gif party2.gif party2.gif party2.gif

ZIA
No doubt kishore sahab was a legend in both singing and acting he was the power house of talent according to me he was the very fine actor and the best comedian so far i have seen. a lot of funny stories are there related to kk sahab.

one of my friend who is very big fan of kk sahab told me the story on which i am still lauging. the story is like this.

" ek baar kishore sahab ko kisi director ne movie ke liye selcet kia aor pura payment nahi kia shooting puri ho gai kk sahab ne kai phone kiye due ke liye par usne bahane banaye. phir kya tha ek din kk sahab us ke makaan ke neeche phohoch gaye aor zor zor se chillnana shuru kar dia ki dekho logo is ne mere paise mar liye hai is ne mujhe dhoka dia hai..kishore sb us waqt bohot bohot bare artist they sub log jama ho gaye aor kishre sb kishore sb karne lagay par kishre sb cheekhte rahe jub tak woh director neeche nahi aa gaya usne bohot haat pair jore aore upar le ja kar full payment kia"
tongue.gif
Mannu
QUOTE(ZIA @ Jul 25 2005, 03:57 PM)
No doubt kishore sahab was a legend in both singing and acting he was the power house of talent according to me he was the very fine actor and the best comedian so far i have seen. a lot of funny stories are there related to kk sahab.

one of my friend who is very big fan of kk sahab told me the story on which i am still lauging. the story is like this.

" ek baar kishore sahab ko kisi director ne movie ke liye selcet kia aor pura payment nahi kia shooting puri ho gai kk sahab ne kai phone kiye due ke liye par usne bahane banaye. phir kya tha ek din kk sahab us ke makaan ke neeche phohoch gaye aor zor zor se chillnana shuru kar dia ki dekho logo is ne mere paise mar liye hai is ne mujhe dhoka dia hai..kishore sb us waqt bohot bohot bare artist they sub log jama ho gaye aor kishre sb kishore sb karne lagay par kishre sb cheekhte rahe jub tak woh director neeche nahi aa gaya usne bohot haat pair jore aore upar le ja kar full payment kia"
tongue.gif

things can be done in more that one way... one of that has content of humor and surity of success... that was the way our Guru always preferred...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.