Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Converting Video File
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
pradeepjoshi
Hello,

I have one Video file of 820 MB size in Windows Media Video Format. I want to convert this to VCD format so that I can burn it on a CD (Using NERO), play it in my VCD player and watch on my TV. What software should be used to convert to VCD format ? Also the resulting file will be larger than 700 MB. Which software should I use to split the file so that it can fit in a CD of 700MB ? Both softwares should be freeware or shareware.

Regards

Pradeep Joshi
Pradeep
Windows Media Encoder is available on microsoft site free of cost. You could download and install it and then just open the video file using it and then follow the dialogues.

Considering it a MS product, I am sure you will not find it tough to understand how it works.
r&d
QUOTE(pradeepjoshi @ Jun 13 2005, 10:36 PM)
Hello,

I have one Video file of 820 MB size in Windows Media Video Format. I want to convert this to VCD format so that I can burn it on a CD (Using NERO), play it in my VCD player and watch on my TV. What software should be used to convert to VCD format ? Also the resulting file will be larger than 700 MB. Which software should I use to split the file so that it can fit in a CD of 700MB ? Both softwares should be freeware or shareware.

Regards

Pradeep Joshi

VCD is mpeg1 standard.
So you will have to find a converter. There are some
open source based on ffmpeg. It really depends on which version WMV
you have.
Try dowloading VLC from www.videolan.org. If the WMV file plays without problem
then you can used ffmpeg which the VLC is based on to convert to mpeg.
If you have WMV v9, then probably only profession software (like Cleaner) will let you
convert.
Nimii
Any software available to convert dat to wmv files??

N
Pradeep
dat to mpg using vcdgear
mpg to wmv using windows media encoder.

smile1.gif
Nimii
do do kaam !!!!!!!

Vcd gear hai.. I remember your giving it to me..

Ms site se get the WMencoder?

Ok will do so smile1.gif

No direct conversion re?

N smile1.gif
Pradeep
I am not aware of any direct conversion tool daa... sad1.gif
Nimii
mad.gif This download is available to customers running genuine Microsoft Windows. Please click the Continue button to begin Windows validation.

headbang.gif
Pradeep
Check your PM
Nimii
Yep done.. and was able to do the needful..

Check the quality of the video I have u/l on the Sahirwala thread wacko.gif

If it is fine jump.gif I will be spamming with more videos on hf tongue1.gif

N biggrin.gif
Pradeep
Its perfect smile1.gif
Nimii
ohmy.gif really !!!!!!!!!!! jump.gif

It has done it on NTSC format.. I checked the options.. still to experiment with the s/w biggrin.gif but not bad 33mb wala file ko 6 mb bana daala clap1.gif clap1.gif Good Good!!

N rolleyes.gif
Marcilo
N, you can rename DAT file to MPEG/MPG file and it will work. If you have Songs VIDEO CD then you can skip DAT to MPEG conversion, simply copy DAT file to your PC and rename it to MPEG
Nimii
You mean windows media encoder is a buddu and accepts that ohmy.gif

N doh.gif
sbiswas2005
Pradeepji,

Can u tell me one thing. Is there any software which can split a DAT file according to my choice. I have tried VCD Cutter and Ulead Media Studio Pro 6.5. But there I am facing a problem. That is in Ulead media studio after cutting a portion of a DAT file when I click smart trim it just closes the software. And about VCD cutter it needs very much accuracy to cut the exact portion. Otherwise it will add some unwanted portion of the video. Is there any software that can cut DAT file frame by frame and extracts the accurate portion I want? I want the output also in dat format. If I convert DAT file to an MPEG file it looses its quality. Pls give a good solution.

Sb
Pradeep
SB, you will need a video editing software for that. Use Power Director, which is very good. You will need a good fast system with good amount of Ram.. recommended processors that support Hyper Threading.

I always use vcd gear to convert from dat to mpg and mpg to dat. I did not notice any quality loss.
Nimii
Pradeepah!!!!!!!! Marci correct sangtaa re.. dat file rename kari to mpg .. windows media encoder boda nathile.. nootuhchi wmv conersion karta rollf.gif

MS (Mathe Sukkileh) hehehehehe
sbiswas2005
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Jun 12 2006, 12:43 PM) *

SB, you will need a video editing software for that. Use Power Director, which is very good. You will need a good fast system with good amount of Ram.. recommended processors that support Hyper Threading.

I always use vcd gear to convert from dat to mpg and mpg to dat. I did not notice any quality loss.

Many many thanks Pradeepji. I have tried the VCD Gear 3.5. It is really a nice software. I want to try the Power Director software. Can u pls PM this software by splitting it? It will be very nice of u. I have many beautiful songs in video format. But those are uncut version. If I get the Power Director software then I can split them and upload in the respective forums.

Thanks in advance.

Sb
Pradeep
SB, please download the trial version from the official site: http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_4_ENU.html and see if it meets your requirements.
Marcilo
QUOTE(Nimii @ Jun 12 2006, 03:16 AM) *

Pradeepah!!!!!!!! Marci correct sangtaa re.. dat file rename kari to mpg .. windows media encoder boda nathile.. nootuhchi wmv conersion karta rollf.gif

Yeh kaya bola re... blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
Nimii
Pradeepah!!!!!!!! Marci correct sangtaa re.. dat file rename kari to mpg .. windows media encoder boda nathile.. nootuhchi wmv conversion karta rollf.gif

<< Pradeepah!!!!!!! Marci is correct.. rename dat file to mpg.. and window media encoder (the brainless s/w) converts the file to wmv without giving any hassle.

MS (Dry Head) heheheheheh

Literal meaning hai Marci.. that was konkani !

N tongue1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.