Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Asha-lata Duets
Hamara Forums > Legends > Asha Bhonsle
bigger_than_bollywood
Hello folks,

Im new to this forum and i can hardly express how happy i was to find it this evening! Im still reeling under the shock. gift.gif

Ok, so first of all a cheery "tally ho" to all you pundits out here. What a pleasure to know that there are folks who'll know the answer to any possible question and have any possible song I might ask for. thumbs-up.gif

Im starting this thread for duets that the mightly Mangeshkar sisters have sung together. I think we've all heard the common duets that get mentioned-- like man kyuun behka-- so i want to talk about some of the rarer gems keeping with the reputation of this forum. Im uploading one of the duets i consider "rare" here--- the only song that THREE of the sisters sing together (the 3rd one being usha). Composed by RDB for some forgotten film in the 70s.

I also have a request for ONE song I'd REALLY like to have. Someone please make my day!! Describing the song in my next email.

Thanks
-BtB
bigger_than_bollywood
song sung by asha, usha, lata. composed by rdb.
bigger_than_bollywood
The song I'm requesting.... camera.gif its a bit of a challenge.

I dont remember the title of the song.

I dont know the title of the movie.

I dont know the name of the MD.

I only know that--

the film starred Amitabh bachhan and Aruna Irani-- presumably one of bachchan's early flicks.

And the song in question was sung by both asha and lata. One of the lines in the song (could well be the song title?) goes "yeh sachhi baat hai, yeh jhooti baat hai".

Please help!

bigger_than_bollywood
can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help identify this movie/song? The one line i remember has been playing in my head like a broken record for the longest time poseur.gif

Recap of clues:
- film starring amitabh and aruna irani (and a 3rd lady, dunno who) in the 70s
- one of bachchan's early films
- song called "yeh sachi baat hai, yeh jhooti baat hai"
- the movie might(?) be called jhooti baat or something like that (not sure?)
- the song above sung by 2 female singers, asha and lata as far as i could tell.

Thanks a bunch guys
Priya
Think I have got it--identified the song ie. Do not have it.

Film: Sanjog
MD: RDB
Lyrics: Anand Bakshi
Year: 1972
Singers: Asha and Lata

Song: Man mandir ke preet ka dora....yeh jhooti baat hai, yeh sachi baat hai, tum na maano.....

Info thanks to my VN book.
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 9 2005, 04:08 PM)
Think I have got it--identified the song ie. Do not have it.

Film: Sanjog
MD: RDB
Year: 1972
Singers: Asha and Lata

Song: Man mandir ke preet ka dora....yeh jhooti baat hai, yeh sachi baat hai, tum na maano.....

Info thanks to my VN book.

thanks you thank you thank you. bow.gif you're a genius, sherlock. wave1.gif

now for some kind soul to upload the thing... and we'll be all set. clap1.gif

-manoneet

ps: what is the "vn book"? ye kahan pe milti hai? blink.gif
hits
QUOTE(bigger_than_bollywood @ Jun 9 2005, 12:11 AM)
song sung by asha, usha, lata. composed by rdb.
dulhan_maike_chali_.rar ( 4.77mb )

Suno Ji Suno Unhe Pakdo - Usha Mangeshkar, Lata, Asha - Manoranjan - 1974 - Shefali, Sabina, Zeenat Aman
bigger_than_bollywood
Yes, apparently the three women play hookers in the film. blab.gif And to have the three mighty Mangeshkar sisters sing for hookers! Only RDB could've pulled off something like that. I've always wondered how he managed to keep such a cordial relationship with both Lata and Asha without offending either. In fact, there are many tracks where he gets Lata to sing one version of a tune, and Asha to sing another. The gem "jaane kya baat hai" from Sunny comes to mind. Lata sings this piece in her characterisitc piercing soprano in the film. huh.gif Asha sings a mellower "choke name brishti" in bengali but with the exact same tune. No prizes foe guessing whose version i liked better. sunglasses2.gif May be i'll upload the benagli tarck on here sometime.

On another note, Im still looking for the sanjog track. HF ke maharathiyon-- mera sankat door karo. laugh.gif

Please please please-- pretty please with sugar on top.

-Manoneet

ps: Notice how all 3 women seem to be having such fun singing this cheesy little number. Even the usually stoic Lata. And asha takes the cake with her imitations of a police jeep siren! Usha's voice sound peculiarly like Lata's-- I've always thought Usha is much closer in tonal quality to Lata than Asha, whose voice hits a slightly lower scale.
Priya
The VN book (everyone is asking) is a book by Vishwas Nerurkar who catalogues film songs of indiv singers and mds. He has books on Lata, Asha, KK, RDB and others mds. Complete song listings.

I have the Bangla version of jaane kya baat hai. It is the original, several years before the Hindi one.
Priya
What rare songs? GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
Talaikya
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 23 2005, 08:48 AM)
What rare songs? GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

The mandatory post syndrome??
Priya
That syndrome is such that songs are seen to the posters that are not visible to mortal eyes. I wanna see em songs too!!! cry.gif
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 23 2005, 07:38 AM)
That syndrome is such that songs are seen to the posters that are not visible to mortal eyes. I wanna see em songs too!!! cry.gif

Aapko yeh sudden burst of enthusiasm kahan se aaya Priya aunty? (aunty mat kaho na... wink2.gif )

waise i still dont understand the cryptic meaning of your (recent) comments. What are we talking about?

-Manoneet

ps: I still havent found the track i started this thread for sad1.gif
Talaikya
QUOTE(bigger_than_bollywood @ Jun 23 2005, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 23 2005, 07:38 AM)

Aapko yeh sudden burst of enthusiasm kahan se aaya Priya aunty? (aunty mat kaho na... wink2.gif )

waise i still dont understand the cryptic meaning of your (recent) comments. What are we talking about?

-Manoneet

Let me explain -
One misguided Spammer ji thanked no one in particular for uploading rare songs in their hurry to reach the golden number - 50! That post being spam was deleted -ab your turn to read an imaginary post expressing gratitude for imaginary songs. Enough to confound anyone, I don't blame you tongue.gif Aap tau bas pray karo ke one of our die - hard RDB bhakts happens by. Guru ji - kahan ho?? Bahut din se aap ko dekha nahin hain, yahan aane ki kripa kijiye please, ya phir dhoondhne aana parega??

Theek hain ji? laugh.gif

Priya
QUOTE(bigger_than_bollywood @ Jun 24 2005, 01:22 AM)
Aapko yeh sudden burst of enthusiasm kahan se aaya Priya aunty? (aunty mat kaho na...  wink2.gif )

-Manoneet

Tji has explained so will not bother. arrogant.gif
Aunty kehna hai to kaho. U say U are 27? Hope all the 26 yr olds call U Uncle!!!! angry2.gif
bigger_than_bollywood
Khafa kyun hoti hain Priyaji. Lijiye aur duet suniye.

Sakhiri sun bole papeeha-- 1957-- Miss Mary
bigger_than_bollywood
And in the spirit of neki kar aur kooen main daal, here's another duet.

Aji chale aao--- Halaku --- 1956
bigger_than_bollywood
Wow, on a roll here. another A-L duet. This one of course is a popular sufi composition (chhap tilak sab chheeni mose naina milayke). The filmi version sounds like a screeching contest though.

I turst hits jee will provide the relevant stats. wink2.gif

-M
Priya
Screeching contest!!!!!!! abuse.gif
Lataji lists it as one of her favs amongst duets with Ashaji!!!!

Stats:
Film: Main Tulsi Tere Aangan Ki
MDs: LP
Year: 1978
bigger_than_bollywood
Aaj aapki aur meri raashi nahin mil rahi lagta hai. I should step out of the AB-NJ forums for a bit. tongue.gif

Honestly though, aapko nahin laga ke gaana kuch zyada high pitch ho gaya? blab.gif
Priya
QUOTE(bigger_than_bollywood @ Jun 24 2005, 10:04 AM)
Aaj aapki aur meri raashi nahin mil rahi lagta hai. I should step out of the AB-NJ forums for a bit.
Honestly though, aapko nahin laga ke gaana kuch zyada high pitch ho gaya?  blab.gif

Trust me U do not want to get my opinion on that one. tongue.gif
I like the song. Period.

Aapki raashi kahin meen raashi to nahi. Ek matra raashi jiske saath meri bilkul nahi banti. sad1.gif
bigger_than_bollywood
If "meen" == Pisces, then no, je ne suis pas "meen". Je suis goat i.e. bakree rashi. Bakriyon se to banti hogi aapki. tongue.gif

-Manoneet
Priya
QUOTE(bigger_than_bollywood @ Jun 24 2005, 10:23 AM)
If "meen" == Pisces, then no, je ne suis pas "meen". Je suis goat i.e. bakree rashi. Bakriyon se to banti hogi aapki.  tongue.gif

-Manoneet

Bakri matlab Aries hai na?
Haan I know 3 Ariens aur unse to theek banti hai.
Wrong forum to be discussing zodiacs. Must ask Pradeep for a new forum!!! blab.gif
Inaam
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 24 2005, 10:27 AM)
If "meen" == Pisces, then no, je ne suis pas "meen". Je suis goat i.e. bakree rashi. Bakriyon se to banti hogi aapki.  tongue.gif

-Manoneet

Wrong forum to be discussing zodiacs. Must ask Pradeep for a new forum!!! blab.gif

Kisne Hum Ariens ko Bakri bola? ph34r.gif

Priya
QUOTE(Inaam_Nadeem @ Jun 24 2005, 10:43 AM)
Kisne Hum Ariens ko Bakri bola?  ph34r.gif

Hum ne kuch nahi kaha. Agar dushman tumhare he beech hai to kya kiya jaaye. arrogant.gif
Waise Inaam tum baal baal bach gaye na? Agar tumhara janam ek din pehle hua hota to! tongue.gif
vsv
I have the VN books on Lata and Asha at home.

They are quite rare nowadays.

I purchased these when they were released.

VSV

QUOTE(priya @ Jun 10 2005, 01:02 PM)
The VN book (everyone is asking) is a book by Vishwas Nerurkar who catalogues film songs of indiv singers and mds. He has books on Lata, Asha, KK, RDB and others mds. Complete song listings.

I have the Bangla version of jaane kya baat hai. It is the original, several years before the Hindi one.

ghulam
hello friends..

camera.gif I am looking for an ashaji/lataji duet from Haar Jeet (1972) "Tu badi kismat wali hai"

I would be most grateful if somebody has this song and would ul 4 me.

thnks
bigger_than_bollywood
... and I'm still looking for "Man mandir main... yeh sachi baat hai" from Sanjog, RD Burman, 1972, another A-L duet. Come on all you RDB fans, kisi ke paas to hoga yeh gaana@! rolleyes.gif

thanks
-M
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 23 2005, 09:57 PM)

-Manoneet

And what about the Bakris jinke saath you are locking horns?

Good to know another bakra Manoneet.
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(bigger_than_bollywood @ Jun 9 2005, 04:00 PM)
can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help identify this movie/song? The one line i remember has been playing in my head like a broken record for the longest time  poseur.gif

Recap of clues:
- film starring amitabh and aruna irani (and a 3rd lady, dunno who) in the 70s
- one of bachchan's early films
- song called "yeh sachi baat hai, yeh jhooti baat hai"
- the movie might(?) be called jhooti baat or something like that (not sure?)
- the song above sung by 2 female singers, asha and lata as far as i could tell.

Thanks a bunch guys

Ok folks, I am happy to report that this song has been discovered (thanks a ton to Guru in the LM forum) and uled there:

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=14765

A bit of context for those who might not have heard this song before. I ran into this track one saturday when the film (sanjog) was on ztv in the background at home. The song features these two dudettes (one was aruna irani, the other i dont remember) arguing over the big B (and who can blame them)? I immediately recognized the voices on the track as those of the 2 Mang. sisters. Interestingly enough, Asha sang for the dutiful wife (Irani IIRC)and Lata for the "other" woman in this song smile1.gif Plus, the exchange of barbs between the 2 women in the song is almost symbolic of the competitiveness between the 2 sisters in the 60s-70s. As opposed to some LM-AB duets where they sing together (aji chale aao...) or one stanza each (saare shaher main...), they actually alternate lines on this one, almost conversationally. So for various reasons this song got stuck in my head and kept playing there like a broken record. But I never could find the CD or dvd or tape or anything else for this film. Thanks to HF and Guru for a great ul!
Priya
Thanks Manoneet and Guruji!!! bow.gif
shivani
The other dudette I think is Mala Sinha who was Amitabh's sweetheart in the movie, whom he did not marry as she belonged to a poor family and Amitabh's father objected to alliance.
Then she becomes a collector and comes to same office where Amitabh is working now, and is married to Aruna Irani.. has a kid.
I think that is the movie we are talkign about here..could be wrong but.

Zzzz
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(shivani @ Aug 18 2005, 04:54 AM)
The other dudette I think is Mala Sinha who was Amitabh's sweetheart in the movie, whom he did not marry as she belonged to a poor family and Amitabh's father objected to alliance.
Then she becomes a collector and comes to same office where Amitabh is working now, and is married to Aruna Irani.. has a kid.
I think that is the movie we are talkign about here..could be wrong but.

Zzzz

yes, you hit the nail on the head. I didnt see the movie per se lekin kuch aisa hi ho raha tha background main. Thaknkfully most hindi movies dont demand much attention to follow the story outline smile1.gif
mmuk2004
The song features these two dudettes (one was aruna irani, the other i dont remember) arguing over the big B (and who can blame them)? I immediately recognized the voices on the track as those of the 2 Mang. sisters. Interestingly enough, Asha sang for the dutiful wife (Irani IIRC)and Lata for the "other" woman in this song smile1.gif Plus, the exchange of barbs between the 2 women in the song is almost symbolic of the competitiveness between the 2 sisters in the 60s-70s. As opposed to some LM-AB duets where they sing together (aji chale aao...) or one stanza each (saare shaher main...), they actually alternate lines on this one, almost conversationally.

[/quote]

Interesting observation, but as Shivani pointed out, the other dudette is Mala Sinha in the movie, ageing, but certainly a bigger star than Aruna Irani, so I guess the Lata-Asha equation worked on this dimension rather than the theatrical roles they played in the movie.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.