Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaned Rafi Songs
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
kistin
Hello,

In this topic, I'll just try to share my work with all brothers/sisters in this forum.

My work consists of obtaining as clean old Hindi songs as possible, because I have a project of presenting the best of them to Ambassador of India, his excellency, in my country, Turkey.

I have worked on this project about one year. Now, I have approximately 40-50 songs cleaned in my archive.

Two days ago, I downloaded a Rafi song elsewhere in this forum and working on it about 6 hours I obtained a cleaned version and I want to share it with all.

The song is Aaj Socha Hai Khayaalon Mein

I would be happy if you criticize it

Regards
Guru
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 5 2005, 02:03 AM)
Hello,

In this topic, I'll just try to share my work with all brothers/sisters in this forum.

My work consists of obtaining as clean old Hindi songs as possible, because I have a project of presenting the best of them to Ambassador of India, his excellency, in my country, Turkey.

I have worked on this project about one year. Now, I have approximately 40-50 songs cleaned in my archive.

Two days ago, I downloaded a Rafi song elsewhere in this forum and working on it about 6 hours I obtained a cleaned version and I want to share it with all.

Regards

Very good work Kistin. Please share what programs u use to do ur cleaning and why did it take u 6hrs.

BY the way the song is from

Chehre pe chehra 1980

AzgarKhan
By 1980 the music industry already had stereo recordings, isnt it?
Yasir
QUOTE(Guru @ Jun 5 2005, 03:43 AM)
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 5 2005, 02:03 AM)
Hello,

Regards

Very good work Kistin. Please share what programs u use to do ur cleaning and why did it take u 6hrs.

Chehre pe chehra 1980

Yes, please do share the software.

And please tell us more about ur project. I am quite intrigued.
Teddybear
Hello Kistin,
Its very nice of you to join the forum and get to know one side of the India's multi-cultural aspect through Old Hindi movie songs and all the best with your remastering project. I will upload whatever songs I have based on your requests. I am sure others will help you too.
I have, however, one request of you. Is there anyway you can upload that song "Aaj Socha Hai Khayalon Mein" by Rafi & Sulakshana in its RAW form ( WITHOUT any kind of remastering ) or cleaning? I am building a collection of my own and have a home studio where I do remastering. Your version sounds nice and I would like to see if I can do a better job. In that case, I'll even share it with you. Thank you in advance.
Sham
Yasir
QUOTE(Teddybear @ Jun 6 2005, 04:15 AM)
Hello Kistin,
  Its very nice of you to join the forum and get to know one side of the India's multi-cultural aspect through Old Hindi movie songs and all the best with your remastering project.  I will upload whatever songs I have based on your requests.  I am sure others will help you too.
  I have, however, one request of you.  Is there anyway you can upload that song "Aaj Socha Hai Khayalon Mein" by Rafi & Sulakshana in its RAW form ( WITHOUT any kind of remastering ) or cleaning?  I am building a collection of my own and have a home studio where I do remastering.  Your version sounds nice and I would like to see if I can do a better job.  In that case, I'll even share it with you.  Thank you in advance.
  Sham

This is currently uploaded in thread Rafi Gems...mid To Late 1970's You may download it from the link below...

Aaj socha hai
kistin

Chehre pe chehra 1980

Thanks Guru for your panegyric reply.
I use two programs, one is Audacity v1.2.3 and the other one is Nero Wave Editor.
It takes approximately 6 hours, because I re-listen to the song entirely after each process is done.
Also thank you for the song info.

By 1980 the music industry already had stereo recordings, isnt it?

Azgar Khan, excuse me but I couldn't understand what you meant.

Yes, please do share the software.

And please tell us more about ur project. I am quite intrigued.

Thanks for the reply Yasir.
My plan is to prepare a gift CD, composed of the best of cleaned old Indian songs, and present it to the Ambassador of India in my coutry in late June 2005.

I'm not pretentious but just want to have a humble chance just for the sake of cultural relations and fellowship.

Teddybear Posted Yesterday, 04:15 AM
  Hello Kistin,
Its very nice of you to join the forum and get to know one side of the India's multi-cultural aspect through Old Hindi movie songs and all the best with your remastering project. I will upload whatever songs I have based on your requests. I am sure others will help you too.
I have, however, one request of you. Is there anyway you can upload that song "Aaj Socha Hai Khayalon Mein" by Rafi & Sulakshana in its RAW form ( WITHOUT any kind of remastering ) or cleaning? I am building a collection of my own and have a home studio where I do remastering. Your version sounds nice and I would like to see if I can do a better job. In that case, I'll even share it with you. Thank you in advance.
Sham

Teddybear, thanks a ton for your kind wishes.
Thanks to Yasir brother who replied your request. I hope this helps.

Regards

Kistin
ANT6
Kistin bhai

I am very pleased with your project and very happy to listen to the songs you have remastered yourself..........alot of time and effort have been put into your project.............you are very dedicated..........i wish your project well.

could you please help me out if you can..............I have 1 song that needs your skill.
I have uploaded it below...............could you please try to improve its quality

Many thanx in advance

ANT6
kistin
ANT6 Posted Yesterday, 03:23 AM
  Kistin bhai

I am very pleased with your project and very happy to listen to the songs you have remastered yourself..........alot of time and effort have been put into your project.............you are very dedicated..........i wish your project well.

could you please help me out if you can..............I have 1 song that needs your skill.
I have uploaded it below...............could you please try to improve its quality

Many thanx in advance

ANT6

Thanks a lot for your kind wishes brother.
As for your request, I have tried to do my best. Is this original? I feel that there is some echo. I did not add any effects.
Please criticize my work. I mean tell me frankly if you don't enjoy it.

Here is the cleaned song

Aesa Kuriye Teri Chaal Dekh Ni

Regards
Kistin
kistin
Here is the next cleaned song

Jo Wada Kiya - Taj Mahal (1963)
A duet by Mohammad Rafi & Lata Mangeshkar. I hope you like.

Regards

Kistin
AzgarKhan
Great Work Kistin Bro.

Best of Luck for your project.

I was wondering if you can clean this great number.

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?act=...e=post&id=29316

Thanks in advance bro.
kistin
AzgarKhan Posted Yesterday, 05:44 PM
  Great Work Kistin Bro.

Best of Luck for your project.

I was wondering if you can clean this great number.

Thanks in advance bro.

Azgar Khan, thanks a lot for your kind wishes. I will try to clean it as per your request.
If I can clean it, then will upload in this topic.

Regards
kistin
Next cleaned song is Kesuma's request.

Lahu Ko Lahu - Geeta Mera Naam (1974)

Regards

Kistin
kesuma
Hello Kistin Jee..

Million of Thanks for this Cleaned song.. much appreciated... clap1.gif clap1.gif
Just Superb!!!! Great Job, you have done.. thumbs-up.gif Best of Luck for Your Project.

Kes
kistin
Kesuma, thanks for the accolades!

You are welcome

Regards
kistin
Azgar Khan brother, I have cleaned the following song as per your request.
I hope that you like it.

Badshah E Wilayat Ali Murtaza

Regards,
Kistin
kistin
Downloaded elsewhere in this forum (thanks!) and cleaned. This is not a Rafi song, but please excuse me, because I don't know where to upload.

Rangeela Re Jawaani Mein Sata - Shikari (1946)

I hope this to be accepted as a humble contribution to this forum.

Regards,
Kistin
AzgarKhan
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 10 2005, 11:56 PM)
I hope that you like it.

Regards,
Kistin

Thanks so much Kistin bro, Great work I must admit.
old_is_gold
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 9 2005, 05:32 AM)
Here is the next cleaned song

Jo Wada Kiya - Taj Mahal (1963)
A duet by Mohammad Rafi & Lata Mangeshkar. I hope you like.

Regards

Kistin

What a GEM, thanks for this beautiful song!!
shergill
Indeed a worthy project and the results are very clear to hear - perhaps the album could be made available commercially
hits
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 10 2005, 12:26 PM)
I hope that you like it.

Regards,
Kistin

Badshaah-e-Wilaayat Ali Murtaza - Rafi - Nonfilm
Yasir
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 10 2005, 11:56 PM)
I hope that you like it.

Regards,
Kistin

Good job kisten... But bro, you should share the name of the software you use for cleaning the songs. Looking forward to your reply.
kistin
shergill Posted Yesterday, 12:47 PM
  Indeed a worthy project and the results are very clear to hear - perhaps the album could be made available commercially

Shergill brother, my aim is not commertial! I started this project just because I like Indian songs. Project itself is my own preference.

I never clean a song which I don't like, except some kind requests, as during cleaning I listen to the entire song about 25 to 30 times! This is really a matter of endurance... So, its impossible if you don't like the song, at least for me, as I am not a young men. I guess that I am elder than many people in this forum.

kistin
Thanks Hits for the correction and supplementary information.
kistin
Yasir brother, I did share the name of the software just following Guru's and your previous posts. Didn't see it?

Anyway, in fact the software is not the main key to cleaning, it is just a means. This process requires a thorough knowledge about audio signals both in time domain and frequency domain. Any spectrum analyser with a handy filter just suffice.

By the way, I have an MS degree in electronic engineering, and therefore have a sufficient background. There is no algorithm to do this job. Each song has its own noise characteristics, i.e., if you clean a song using some algorithm, it will not necessarily do for the next song! (as softwares offer)

Regards
Kistin
kistin
Here is the next cleaned song I want to share.

Duniya Ki Nazar Hai Bhuri - Agra Road (1957) , By Mohammad Rafi & Geeta Dutt

PLEASE NOTE:

I'm very sorry that I had uploaded here the "intermediate version" of this song inadvertently! ... I apologize those people who had downloaded it already.

Now I deleted the wrong version here and uploaded the final version to Geeta Dutt forum under the thread "Cleaned Geeta Songs"

Here is the link

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...ndpost&p=112089

Please excuse me sad1.gif

Best regards,
Kistin
shergill
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 11 2005, 10:45 PM)
shergill Posted Yesterday, 12:47 PM

Shergill brother, my aim is not commertial! I started this project just because I like Indian songs. Project itself is my own preference.

I never clean a song which I don't like, except some kind requests, as during cleaning I listen to the entire song about 25 to 30 times! This is really a matter of endurance... So, its impossible if you don't like the song, at least for me, as I am not a young men. I guess that I am elder than many people in this forum.

Sorry Kistin, I was only thinking of making such clear songs available to others, not really about your making money from your efforts. Keep up the good work!
Yasir
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 12 2005, 04:28 AM)
Yasir brother, I did share the name of the software just following Guru's and your previous posts. Didn't see it?

Anyway, in fact the software is not the main key to cleaning, it is just a means. This process requires a thorough knowledge about audio signals both in time domain and frequency domain. Any spectrum analyser with a handy filter just suffice.

By the way, I have an MS degree in electronic engineering, and therefore have a sufficient background. There is no algorithm to do this job. Each song has its own noise characteristics, i.e., if you clean a song using some algorithm, it will not necessarily do for the next song! (as softwares offer)

Regards
Kistin

Kistin brother, you are right. You did mention the name of the software programs. My mistake that I missed.

And you are right about knowing the technical details for best results. It's just that I have so many songs that need to be fixed. I prefer keeping atleast Rafi sahab's songs in good quality. I use Creative WaveStudio myself for editing tracks. I use it to remove skips or cuts and normalize the sound volume basically. But it still provides only the basic options. With the software programs you mentioned and the one Teddy bhai mentioned, I think I can do better. Not better than you or Teddy bhai ofcourse :) But atleast there will be some improvement in the quality. Plus, I can convert more songs from cassettes now that I can remove some amount of noise.

And it's true what you said about endurance. I have to listen to the song over and over again, and it still is challenging for a young guy like me :)
kistin
The next cleaned song is

Sharab Ka Sahara Leke - Commercial Pilot Officer (1963)

It is a very cool song. Hope that you like its quality.

Regards,
Kistin
kistin
Continuing cleaned songs with a nice one,

Bhari Duniya Mein Aakhir Dil Ko... - Do Badan (1966)

Regards,
Kistin
kistin
Downloaded from elsewhere in this forum and cleaned as follows

Yeh Khamoshiyan Yeh Tanhaiyan - Yeh Raaste Hai Pyaar Ke (1963)

by Mohammad Rafi & Asha Bhosle

Regards
Kistin
Flex001
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 14 2005, 04:12 AM)
The next cleaned song is

Sharab Ka Sahara Leke - Commercial Pilot Officer (1963)

It is a very cool song. Hope that you like its quality.

Regards,
Kistin

Quite simply marvellous; splendid effort young sire. bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif

Long may your work continue.
ANT6
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 8 2005, 02:04 AM)
  Kistin bhai

Many thanx in advance

ANT6

As for your request, I have tried to do my best. Is this original? I feel that there is some echo. I did not add any effects.

Here is the cleaned song

Regards
Kistin

sorry for late reply
many many thanx Kistin bhai.........sounds alot better now bow.gif clap1.gif bow.gif

-------------------------------------
Now there is one song which is a real tricky one to do..........I've tried and the results were not good.

The song was uploaded by Saj1974 on request for Yaarmere

song ~ Is dil men reh chuke hain woh armaan ki tarah

film ~ Do ladkiyan 1976

can someone please upload the song again in its original upload as the version that i now hold has been edited by me
kistin
Flex Brother,

Its nice of you to wish my work to continue. Thank you for the accolades.
Sorry for my poor English, I sometimes cannot express just what I want to say!
You are always welcome...

Regards
kistin
ANT6 Brother, you are welcome...

If someone could upload the original song you mentioned, I would try to fix it.

Regards
kistin
I have cleaned the following song approximately in 8 hours. According to me and my friends in Turkey, it has become one of the best cleaned songs in my archive and I want to share with all brothers/sisters here.

Aakhiri Geet Mohabbat Ka Suna Loon - Neela Akash (1965)

I would be happy if you criticize its quality, thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
Kistin
ZIA
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 18 2005, 06:11 AM)
I have cleaned the following song approximately in 8 hours. According to me and my friends in Turkey, it has become one of the best cleaned songs in my archive and I want to share with all brothers/sisters here.

Regards,
Kistin

very very very nice janab kistin sahab. very good work after listening ur cleaned songs other songs are appearing just ordinary. God bless u. smile1.gif
kistin
very very very nice janab kistin sahab. very good work after listening ur cleaned songs other songs are appearing just ordinary. God bless u.

Thanks for reply ZIA. I'm very happy that you enjoyed it.
May God bless all...

Enjoy...
dileep_kuwait2
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 18 2005, 03:41 AM)

Regards,
Kistin

Nice work Kistin. Which place you belong to in Turkey? I've visited Istanbul & Diyarbakir. Istanbul is a beautiful place. I plan to come there again.
QUOTE(ANT6 @ Jun 17 2005, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 8 2005, 02:04 AM)
  Kistin bhai

Many thanx in advance

ANT6

Here is the cleaned song

Regards
Kistin

sorry for late reply
many many thanx Kistin bhai.........sounds alot better now bow.gif clap1.gif bow.gif

-------------------------------------
Now there is one song which is a real tricky one to do..........I've tried and the results were not good.

The song was uploaded by Saj1974 on request for Yaarmere

film ~ Do ladkiyan 1976

can someone please upload the song again in its original upload as the version that i now hold has been edited by me

Hello Kistin Jee ..

Here is the song Unni jee.. Quality aint good .. hopefully Kistin jee will clean this song for better Quality for us to listen and enjoy ..

film ~ Do ladkiyan 1976

rchhaparia
a real appreciable work - hats off
Kistin

When you meet with the Indian Consul with all your cleaned songs, give him my best regards.

Chutti Manaane
kistin
QUOTE(dileep_kuwait2 @ Jun 19 2005, 12:49 AM)
QUOTE(kistin @ Jun 18 2005, 03:41 AM)

Regards,
Kistin

Nice work Kistin. Which place you belong to in Turkey? I've visited Istanbul & Diyarbakir. Istanbul is a beautiful place. I plan to come there again.

Dileep, I live near Ankara. You are right, Istanbul is really a beautiful place. I am pleased that you liked my country.

Regards

kistin
Hello Kistin Jee ..

Here is the song Unni jee.. Quality aint good .. hopefully Kistin jee will clean this song for better Quality for us to listen and enjoy ..

film ~ Do ladkiyan 1976

Hello ANT brother. This song is recorded as extremely saturated! You know that it is impossible to recover an unknown data. This is something like to obtain a pure sinusoidal wave from a square wave which includes almost all harmonics.

Indeed I obtained a better version and uploaded here, but later I decided to remove and did so, because I cannot call it as cleaned !!!

Sorry, if I caused any inconvenience.

Anyway, this song is not so old (1976) and I hope that you can find an unsaturated record of it.

Regards,
Kistin
kistin
QUOTE(rchhaparia @ Jun 20 2005, 06:39 PM)
a real appreciable work - hats off

Rchhaparia brother, thanks a lot for your kind response.

Regards,
Kistin
kistin
QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 22 2005, 07:01 AM)
Kistin

When you meet with the Indian Consul with all your cleaned songs, give him my best regards.

Chutti Manaane

Hello Chutti Manaane,

I will give him your best regards with pleasure if I could meet his excellency.

His secretary told me that he will inform the Indian Consul about my cleaned songs and then will inform me the consequence. Now I'm waiting for their response.

Regards,
Kistin
kistin
Next cleaned song is a candidate for the Gift CD. Thanks a ton R&D who supplied me with this song.

I hope that brothers/sisters here in this forum like its quality.

Basti Basti Parbat Parbat - Railway Platform (1955) by Mohammad Rafi

Regards,
Kistin
princeali
ANT bhai,

A long time ago you had uploaded "Aisa To Kabhi Mumkin" from 'Gunah Aur Kanoon'. The quality was pretty alright but I think if Kistin could clean it, maybe it could be better. I used to have your version but I seemed to have lost it, so if possible, can you please upload it again smile1.gif

Thanks
kistin
QUOTE(princeali @ Jun 24 2005, 07:15 AM)
ANT bhai,

A long time ago you had uploaded "Aisa To Kabhi Mumkin" from 'Gunah Aur Kanoon'. The quality was pretty alright but I think if Kistin could clean it, maybe it could be better. I used to have your version but I seemed to have lost it, so if possible, can you please upload it again smile1.gif

Thanks

PrinceAli brother and ANT brother, I surely would try to do my best. The only thing I desire is that it be ORIGINAL, as I cannot clean a pre-processed song.

Regards,
Kistin
kistin
Here is a very old song, 1948. I had downloaded it from elsewhere in this forum, thanks.

Just at this moment, I am very tired! Believe it or not, I worked on this song exactly 9 hours to clean!
I wanted to share, please accept it as a humble gift...

This song also has become a candidate for the Gift CD.

Regards,
Kistin

Nanhi Si Jaan - Nadiya Ke Paar (1948) by Mohammad Rafi & Shamshad Begum
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.