Dum Hai Baki To
Asha
House No. 44 (1955)
S. D. Burman - Sahir
5:03 @ 128 kbps
DVD
r&d
If you download my above uploads
and you have CDq two songs of Dooj Ka Chand (1964)

Lagat Kajarva Mein Chot - Manna Dey
Lo Apna Jahan - Asa Singh Mastana

Please upload for me.

Thanks,

Rajnish
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(r&d @ Jun 3 2005, 11:36 AM)

Please upload for me.

Thanks,

Rajnish

I just want to thank you for the crisp, complete DVD recordings of both
the Asha and the Lata solos. I have the CD versions of these songs and
they are nothing compared to this.
r&d
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Jun 3 2005, 10:45 AM)
QUOTE(r&d @ Jun 3 2005, 11:36 AM)

Please upload for me.

Thanks,

Rajnish

I just want to thank you for the crisp, complete DVD recordings of both
the Asha and the Lata solos. I have the CD versions of these songs and
they are nothing compared to this.

you are very welcome, sangeetbhakat

Here is another long one.

Mere Dilbar Mujhpar
Mohammed Rafi
Dharmputra (1961)
N. Dutta - Sahir
5:53 @ 128 kbps
DVD
r&d
Dil Jale Tho Jale
Lata
Taxi Driver (1954)
S. D. Burman - Sahir
2:54 @ 128
DVD
r&d
Jeene Do Jiyo
Asha
Taxi Driver (1954)
S. D. Burman - Sahir
3:11 @ 128 kbps
DVD
Priya
QUOTE(r&d @ Jun 4 2005, 12:04 AM)
Dum Hai Baki To
Asha
House No. 44 (1955)
S. D. Burman - Sahir
5:03 @ 128 kbps
DVD

Thanks so much. Had this song in ordinary cassette quality.
Thaks SB for bringing it to our notice on the abf. Would have never located it otherwise.
mohd2004
Million thanks for these DVD- extended film versions.

Mohd.
zippoo
Rajnish Ji,

Those nadaans who think bungee jumping is dangerous and exciting have apparently not tried thread jumping in HF.

Anyway, assuming you want Phul Gendwa Na Maaro, I have two versions. The "regular" one is 3:12. The "other" one is 4:40 and, although from a legit source, makes me uncomfortable qhen I hear it (shaayad there is something black in the pulses). Which one you prefer (or neither) is of course upto you.

P.S. Excellent uploads, as usual.
r&d
QUOTE(zippoo @ Jun 3 2005, 08:35 PM)
Rajnish Ji,

Those nadaans who think bungee jumping is dangerous and exciting have apparently not tried thread jumping in HF.

Anyway, assuming you want Phul Gendwa Na Maaro, I have two versions. The "regular" one is 3:12. The "other" one is 4:40 and, although from a legit source, makes me uncomfortable qhen I hear it (shaayad there is something black in the pulses). Which one you prefer (or neither) is of course upto you.

P.S. Excellent uploads, as usual.

regular version should be good.

Thanks everybody.
zippoo
Yeh leejiye.
jam_27
HI ALL...

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE UPLOAD THE FOLLOWING TWO RAFI-SAHIR COMBINATION HERE

1)Tum ek baar muhabbat ka imtihan......BABAR

2)Daaman mein aag laga baithe......DHOOL KA PHOOL

THANKS IN ADVANCE

JAM
r&d
QUOTE(jam_27 @ Jun 5 2005, 11:32 AM)
HI ALL...

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE UPLOAD THE FOLLOWING TWO RAFI-SAHIR COMBINATION HERE

1)Tum ek baar muhabbat ka imtihan......BABAR

2)Daaman mein aag laga baithe......DHOOL KA PHOOL

THANKS IN ADVANCE

JAM

Please don't ask for the same songs
in two different threads.
hits
QUOTE(zippoo @ Jun 4 2005, 10:31 AM)
Yeh leejiye.
Phul_Gendwa_Na_Maaro.zip ( 2.92mb )

Phool Gendwa Na Maaro - Manna Dey - Dooj Ka Chaand - 1964 - Bharat Bhushan, Ashok Kumar
zippoo
QUOTE(r&d @ Jun 3 2005, 02:36 PM)

Please upload for me.

Thanks,

Rajnish

Just realized I missed your second request. Yeh leejiye.

r&d
QUOTE(zippoo @ Jun 13 2005, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE(r&d @ Jun 3 2005, 02:36 PM)

Please upload for me.

Thanks,

Rajnish

Just realized I missed your second request. Yeh leejiye.

Thank you.....Thank you.
Abbasi
DHARAMPUTRA

Click to view attachment

Abbasi
Abbasi
KAAJAL

Click to view attachment

Abbasi
Abbasi
KAALA PATTHAR

Click to view attachment

Abbasi
alybaba
RADHA KRISHAN

Click to view attachment

Enjoy!
Alybaba
pradeepasrani
QUOTE(alybaba @ Jul 26 2005, 04:57 PM)
RADHA KRISHAN

Click to view attachment

Enjoy!
Alybaba

Thank you Aly Baba for this exquisite song. Please post more such rare song from 40s and 50s. We really feel as if you have brought Karoon's treasure for us.

Pradeep
alybaba
QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Jul 29 2005, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE(alybaba @ Jul 26 2005, 04:57 PM)
RADHA KRISHAN

Click to view attachment

Enjoy!
Alybaba

Thank you Aly Baba for this exquisite song. Please post more such rare song from 40s and 50s. We really feel as if you have brought Karoon's treasure for us.

Pradeep

Thanks for the appreciation!
Please do visit the following thread:

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=13910

Enjoy!

Alybaba
Luckyritu
'Aao ke koyi khwaab bunen kal ke vaaste
Varnaa ye raat aaj ke sangeen daur ki
Das legi jaan-o-dil ko aise ke jaan-o-dil
Taa-umr phir na koyi haseen khwaab bun sake.

Gau hum se bhaagtee rahi hai tez-gaam umr
Khwaabon ke aasre pe katee hai tamaam umr
Ye khwaab hi to apnee jawaanee ke paas the
Ye khwaab hi to apne amal ki asaas the

Aao ke koyi khwaab buneN, kal ke vaaste !'

He does not mince words, does not sublimate emotions, expresses thoughts clearly and directly. He gets angry and sarcastic, and at the same time he dreams. It is the dreamer in Sahir that gives him his characteristic style.

Born as Abdul Hayi on March 8, 1921 at Ludhiana, Punjab. Sahir was the only son of a Ludhiana zamindar. He completed his graduation from Government college, Ludhiana. His parents' estrangement and the Partition made him shuttle between India and Pakistan. It also brought him face to face with a struggle called life. A member of the Progressive Writers' Association, he edited Adab-e-Latif, Pritlari, Savera and Shahrab. An arrest warrant issued by the Pakistani government of the day made him flee to Bombay in 1949. By now, he had managed to publish his anthology Talkhiyaan (Bitternesses). Besides Talkhiyaan and the hundreds of film songs he penned in a career spanning three decades, Sahir also authored the anthologies Parchaiyaan, Aao Ki Koi Khwab Buney and Gaata Jaaye Banjara.

Whether it was the arrest of progressive writers in Pakistan, the launch of the satellite Sputnik, or the discovery of Ghalib by a government lusting minority votes, Sahir reacted with a verve not seen in many writers' work. Kahat-e-Bangal (The Famine of Bengal), written by a 25-year-old Sahir, bespeaks maturity that came early. His Subah-e-Navroz (Dawn of a New Day), mocks the concept of celebration when the poor exist in squalor.

Sahir debuted in films with his lyrics for Aazadi Ki Raah Par (1948), the film had four song written by him. His first song was 'Badal Rahi Hai Zindagi..' for Aazadi Ki Raah Par. The film went un-noticed and so its songs. But, with 1951's Naujawan, he got the recognition. S. D. Burman composed the music for Naujawan. Even today, the film's lilting song 'Thandi Hawayen Lehrake Aaye..' makes hearts flutter. His first major success came the same year with Guru Dutt's directorial debut, Baazi, again pairing him with composer S. D. Burman. After the success of Naujawan and Baazi, the combination of Sahir and S. D. Burman, came out with many more everlasting songs: 'Yeh Raat Yeh Chandni Phir Kahaan..' from Jaal (1952), 'Jaaye to Jaaye Kahaan..' from Taxi Driver (1954), 'Teri Duniya Mein Jeene Se..' from House Number 44 (1955), and 'Jeevan Ke Safar Mein Rahi..' from Munimji (1955). The duo reached their creative zenith with Pyaasa (1957). But, after Pyaasa, Sahir and Sachinda parted their ways due to some misunderstandings.

Sahir Ludhiyanvi Later Sahir worked mostly with N. Datta, who was a great fan of Sahir. They already had worked for Milaap in 1955. Sahir wrote many unforgettable gems for Datta. They worked together for Marine Drive (1955), Light House (1958), Bhai Bahen (1959), Saadhna (1958), Dhool Ka Phool (1959), Dharamputra (1961), Dilli Ka Dada (1962) and many other films. Together they produced many unforgettable melodies: 'Tang Aa Chuke Hain Is Kashmakashe Zindagi Se..' from Light House, 'Mere Nadeem Mere Humsafar Udaas Na Ho..' from Bhai Bahen, 'Aurat Ne Janm Diya Mardon Ko..' from Saadhna, 'Tu Hindu Banega Na Musalman Banega..' from Dhool Ka Phool and 'Ye Kiska Lahu Hai..' from Dharmputra, to name a few.

Sahir's work in the 1970s was mainly restricted to films directed by Yash Chopra. Though his output in terms of number of films had thinned out, the quality of his writings commanded immense respect. Kabhi Kabhie (1976) saw him return to sparkling form. These songs won him his second Filmfare award, the first one being for Taj Mahal. Sahir's poetry had a Faizian quality. Like Faiz Ahmed Faiz, Sahir too gave Hindustani/Urdu poetry an intellectual element that caught the imagination of the youth of the forties and fifties and sixties. He helped them to discover their spine. Sahir asked questions, was not afraid of calling a spade a ****** spade, and roused people from an independence-induced smugness. He would pick on the self-appointed custodian of religion, the self-serving politician, the exploitative capitalist, the war-mongering big powers. Aren't they familiar? Close to Sahir's heart were the farmer crushed by debt, the young man sent to the border to fight somebody's dirty war, the lass forced to sell her body, the youth frustrated by unemployment, families living in dire poverty... The underdog remains; his bard is gone.

A bachelor to the end, Sahir fell in love with writer Amrita Pritam and singer Sudha Malhotra, relationships that never fructified in the conventional sense and left him sad. A young Amrita Pritam, madly in love with Sahir, wrote his name hundreds of times on a sheet of paper while addressing a press conference. They would meet without exchanging a word, Sahir would puff away; after Sahir's departure, Amrita would smoke the cigarette butts left behind by him. After his death, Amrita said she hoped the air mixed with the smoke of the butts would travel to the other world and meet Sahir! Such was their obsession and intensity.

A colossus among song writers, Sahir fought for, and became the first film lyricist to get, royalty from music companies. He would deeply involve himself in the setting of tunes for his songs. Any wonder why they are extra melodious?

Sahir died after a heart attack he suffered while playing cards, on October 25, 1982. Over two decades after his death, Sahir's songs remain immensely popular.

------------------------
hope u like it

thnx n regards

rits
alybaba
QUOTE(Luckyritu @ Aug 10 2005, 05:19 PM)
'Aao ke koyi khwaab bunen kal ke vaaste
Varnaa ye raat aaj ke sangeen daur ki
Das legi jaan-o-dil ko aise ke jaan-o-dil
Taa-umr phir na koyi haseen khwaab bun sake.

Gau hum se bhaagtee rahi hai tez-gaam umr
Khwaabon ke aasre pe katee hai tamaam umr
Ye khwaab hi to apnee jawaanee ke paas the
Ye khwaab hi to apne amal ki asaas the

Aao ke koyi khwaab buneN, kal ke vaaste !'

He does not mince words, does not sublimate emotions, expresses thoughts clearly and directly. He gets angry and sarcastic, and at the same time he dreams. It is the dreamer in Sahir that gives him his characteristic style.

Born as Abdul Hayi on March 8, 1921 at Ludhiana, Punjab. Sahir was the only son of a Ludhiana zamindar. He completed his graduation from Government college, Ludhiana. His parents' estrangement and the Partition made him shuttle between India and Pakistan. It also brought him face to face with a struggle called life. A member of the Progressive Writers' Association, he edited Adab-e-Latif, Pritlari, Savera and Shahrab. An arrest warrant issued by the Pakistani government of the day made him flee to Bombay in 1949. By now, he had managed to publish his anthology Talkhiyaan (Bitternesses). Besides Talkhiyaan and the hundreds of film songs he penned in a career spanning three decades, Sahir also authored the anthologies Parchaiyaan, Aao Ki Koi Khwab Buney and Gaata Jaaye Banjara.

Whether it was the arrest of progressive writers in Pakistan, the launch of the satellite Sputnik, or the discovery of Ghalib by a government lusting minority votes, Sahir reacted with a verve not seen in many writers' work. Kahat-e-Bangal (The Famine of Bengal), written by a 25-year-old Sahir, bespeaks maturity that came early. His Subah-e-Navroz (Dawn of a New Day), mocks the concept of celebration when the poor exist in squalor.

Sahir debuted in films with his lyrics for Aazadi Ki Raah Par (1948), the film had four song written by him. His first song was 'Badal Rahi Hai Zindagi..' for Aazadi Ki Raah Par. The film went un-noticed and so its songs. But, with 1951's Naujawan, he got the recognition. S. D. Burman composed the music for Naujawan. Even today, the film's lilting song 'Thandi Hawayen Lehrake Aaye..' makes hearts flutter. His first major success came the same year with Guru Dutt's directorial debut, Baazi, again pairing him with composer S. D. Burman. After the success of Naujawan and Baazi, the combination of Sahir and S. D. Burman, came out with many more everlasting songs: 'Yeh Raat Yeh Chandni Phir Kahaan..' from Jaal (1952), 'Jaaye to Jaaye Kahaan..' from Taxi Driver (1954), 'Teri Duniya Mein Jeene Se..' from House Number 44 (1955), and 'Jeevan Ke Safar Mein Rahi..' from Munimji (1955). The duo reached their creative zenith with Pyaasa (1957). But, after Pyaasa, Sahir and Sachinda parted their ways due to some misunderstandings.

Sahir Ludhiyanvi Later Sahir worked mostly with N. Datta, who was a great fan of Sahir. They already had worked for Milaap in 1955. Sahir wrote many unforgettable gems for Datta. They worked together for Marine Drive (1955), Light House (1958), Bhai Bahen (1959), Saadhna (1958), Dhool Ka Phool (1959), Dharamputra (1961), Dilli Ka Dada (1962) and many other films. Together they produced many unforgettable melodies: 'Tang Aa Chuke Hain Is Kashmakashe Zindagi Se..' from Light House, 'Mere Nadeem Mere Humsafar Udaas Na Ho..' from Bhai Bahen, 'Aurat Ne Janm Diya Mardon Ko..' from Saadhna, 'Tu Hindu Banega Na Musalman Banega..' from Dhool Ka Phool and 'Ye Kiska Lahu Hai..' from Dharmputra, to name a few.

Sahir's work in the 1970s was mainly restricted to films directed by Yash Chopra. Though his output in terms of number of films had thinned out, the quality of his writings commanded immense respect. Kabhi Kabhie (1976) saw him return to sparkling form. These songs won him his second Filmfare award, the first one being for Taj Mahal. Sahir's poetry had a Faizian quality. Like Faiz Ahmed Faiz, Sahir too gave Hindustani/Urdu poetry an intellectual element that caught the imagination of the youth of the forties and fifties and sixties. He helped them to discover their spine. Sahir asked questions, was not afraid of calling a spade a ****** spade, and roused people from an independence-induced smugness. He would pick on the self-appointed custodian of religion, the self-serving politician, the exploitative capitalist, the war-mongering big powers. Aren't they familiar? Close to Sahir's heart were the farmer crushed by debt, the young man sent to the border to fight somebody's dirty war, the lass forced to sell her body, the youth frustrated by unemployment, families living in dire poverty... The underdog remains; his bard is gone.

A bachelor to the end, Sahir fell in love with writer Amrita Pritam and singer Sudha Malhotra, relationships that never fructified in the conventional sense and left him sad. A young Amrita Pritam, madly in love with Sahir, wrote his name hundreds of times on a sheet of paper while addressing a press conference. They would meet without exchanging a word, Sahir would puff away; after Sahir's departure, Amrita would smoke the cigarette butts left behind by him. After his death, Amrita said she hoped the air mixed with the smoke of the butts would travel to the other world and meet Sahir! Such was their obsession and intensity.

A colossus among song writers, Sahir fought for, and became the first film lyricist to get, royalty from music companies. He would deeply involve himself in the setting of tunes for his songs. Any wonder why they are extra melodious?

Sahir died after a heart attack he suffered while playing cards, on October 25, 1982. Over two decades after his death, Sahir's songs remain immensely popular.

------------------------
hope u like it

thnx n regards

rits

Thanks Rits!

Do you've AAZAADI KI RAAH PAR?
Luckyritu
Debut movie : Azaadi Ki Raah Par in ‘48

Luckyritu
Sahir is considered a romantic poet. He expresses thoughts clearly and directly. He dreams. And he used to say ~

'aao ki koii khvaab bunein kal ke vaaste,
varanaa ye raat aaj ke sangiin daur kii....
Das legii jaan-o-dil ko kuchh aise ki jaan-o-dil,
taa-umr phir na koii hasiin khvaab bun sakein.'

I'll share few more poetrys of Sahir in future.

regards,

rits

Luckyritu
Sahir Sahab ki kalam se...............

chand kaliyaan nashaat kii chunakar
muddaton mahv-e-yaas rahataa huun
teraa milanaa Khushii kii baat sahii
tujhse mil kar udaas rahataa huun

regards

rits
alybaba
As per Asgarkhan's suggession at http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19323 , I'm requesting good quality songs of AAJ AUR KAL and HUM DONO.
Please upload.

Alybaba
balajigade
QUOTE(alybaba @ Mar 9 2006, 02:03 PM) *

As per Asgarkhan's suggession at http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19323 , I'm requesting good quality songs of AAJ AUR KAL and HUM DONO.
Please upload.

Alybaba

Sahir ka kalaam aur Rafi ki aawaz from Aaj Aur Kal

Click to view attachment
I have the other solo : itni haseen itni jawan raat...; but in bad condition. Can you u/l a good one, Asghar bhai?

usha
Thanks a lot Balajigade for the above song 'Yeh wadiyan yeh fizayen', there is another song with the same Rafi,Sahir,Ravi combination from the film 'Nartakee'...."Zindgi ke safar mein akele the hum."...a very beautiful song ,do u happen to have it ,if so can u kindly u\l it??

Thank you
alybaba
QUOTE(usha @ Mar 10 2006, 01:57 PM) *

Thanks a lot Balajigade for the above song 'Yeh wadiyan yeh fizayen', there is another song with the same Rafi,Sahir,Ravi combination from the film 'Nartakee'...."Zindgi ke safar mein akele the hum."...a very beautiful song ,do u happen to have it ,if so can u kindly u\l it??

Thank you

NARTAKEE is not by SAHIR, Usha!
balajigade
tujhe apna nahin sakta magar itna bhi kya kam hai
ke kuchh ghadiyan tere khwabon men kho kar jee liya maine

Although Naujawan-'51 seems to be the 1st movie for Sahir, I read somewhere that Anil Biswas was the first to introduce Sahir to the film world with a solitaty song from Do Raha'52 : mohabbat tark ki maine garebaan see liya maine.. sung by Talat which is rated as the best ever (filmi) lyrics composed by the poet and equally sung and composed. This was a nazm already written by him earlier, but modified for the film song sequence. When I met Talat sa'ab at Calcutta during his performance at Kala Mandir way back in 1975 probably, in my student days, I asked him which were his favourite songs in romantic mood & pathos. He replied jalte hain jis ke liye... (Sujata) and mohabbat tark.... Again when I asked which one between these two he replied with a grin : hain sab se madhur woh geet jinhe hum dard ke sur men gaate hain. Obviously he meant the 'Do Raha' no.

Here is the one :

Click to view attachment

--Balaji

PS : Usha; Zindagi ke safar men... is by Shakeel. I'll upload it at an appropriate place.
zippoo
balajigade Ji,

Your request awaits here:

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&s...ndpost&p=230955
usha
I stand corrected Alybaba and Balaji..
Thanks for the song 'Mohabbat tark ki maine..
Abbasi
FUNTOOSH
WO DEKHEN TO UNKI INAAYAT
KISHORE & ASHA
SAHIR LUDHIANAVI
SACHIN DEV BURMAN

Click to view attachment

Abbasi
Abbasi
1953--
BAABLA--
TALAT MAHMOOD--
JAG MEIN AAYE KOI--
SAHIR LUDHIANAVI--
SACHIN DEV BURMAN

Click to view attachment

Abbasi

Abbasi
1959--
MERE NADEEM MERE HUMSAFAR--
SUDHA--
SAHIR

Click to view attachment

Abbasi
Abbasi
1959--
CHAAR DIL CHAAR RAAHEN--
INTEZAAR AUR ABHI--
SAHIR--
ANIL BISWAS--
LATA

Click to view attachment

Abbasi

Abbasi
1959--
CHAAR DIL CHAAR RAAHEN--
NAHEEN KIYA TO--
SAHIR--
ANIL BISWAS--
MUKESH

Click to view attachment

Abbasi

Abbasi
1959--
CHAAR DIL CHAAR RAAHEN--
STELLA O STELLA--
SAHIR--
ANIL BISWAS--
MEENA KAPOOR-MAHENDER KAPOOR

Click to view attachment

Abbasi

anjvajay
A rare najm "Aaj Ki Raat" in the voice of Balraj Sahni.
anjvajay
Sahir ki sabse jyada mashahur nazm 'TAZMAHAL' Rafi sahab ki aawaz me.
Film thi 'Ghazal'.
Abbasi
1978--TRISHUL--AAJ HUM ISHQ...JAANEMAN TUM--SAHIR--KHAIYYAM--LATA-KISHORE--320KBPS--MP3

Click to view attachment

Abbasi
Abbasi
1978--TRISHUL--AAPKI MEHKI HUI--SAHIR--KHAIYYAM--LATA-YESUDAS--320KBPS--MP3

Click to view attachment

Abbasi
Abbasi
1978--TRISHUL--BAAP KAA GHAR...JAA RI BEHNAA--SAHIR--KHAIYYAM--YESUDAS-PAMELA-KISHORE--320KBPS--MP3

Click to view attachment

Abbasi
Abbasi
1978--TRISHUL--GAAPUJI GAAPUJI GUM GUM--SAHIR--KHAIYYAM--LATA-NITIN--320KBPS--MP3

Click to view attachment

Abbasi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.