Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: janina phaguney na
Hamara Forums > Legends > Asha Bhonsle
Priya
Why does this no for no apparent reason keep reminding me of roz roz daali daali--no they do not sound at all alike but still???? Are they sister raags or something? Can someone enlighten me or tell me I am a dumbo.
P tongue.gif
Chitralekha
I think the tunes of "jaanina phaguney naa" resemble the ones of "beete hue mausam" little bit. All these songs are sugam sangeet which is mixture of one of more raaga. Thats why they sound similar.
Nice song, btw. Is it a romantic duet?
Lata
Chitra,

How is Sugam sangeet different from the other songs. Pls throw some light on the diff types of sangeet [ a detail one wud be much appreciated ]

thanks smile.gif
Chitralekha
Lata,

"Sugam sangeet" is a category of songs, just the way "classical songs" is a category. Meaning some of the tunes in these songs are based on one or more raaga, but not the entire song. Mostly all songs in Hindi films are sugam sangeet because most of the times they do not follow the rules of classical songs. It is considered sangeet because it is pleasant to hear smile.gif That is why when we listen to songs, they sound similar because the notes are similar to some raaga. Hope my writing makes sense. tongue.gif

Chitralekha
Priya
Nice song, btw. Is it a romantic duet?

No idea Chitralekha. Since I cannot understand Bangla and do not know the film I cannot tell.
Which is this no beete hue mausam?
P
Chitralekha
"beete hue mausam" as in

....beete hue mausam ki koi nishaani hogi... pa ma pa...
dard puraanaa koi yaad puraani hogi
koi to daastaan hogi na
roz roz daali daali kya likh jaaye
bhanwara baanwara baanwara
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.