Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Singh Is King
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
swarapriya
Yaad-E-Mehboob

This album boasts several ghazals sung by various singers including Chitraji & Jagjitji. I am uploading these in two back-to-back posts. Please note that you can hear some clicking noise in a couple of these ghazals. These are marked with an asterisk. Otherwise the overall quality of these ghazals is very good.

Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Ghazals from "Yaad-E-Mehboob"...

Here are the rest of the ghazals from this fine album...

swarapriya
Raahee

Jagjitji composed music for this movie. Here are the songs from this album...
swarapriya
Hey Ram Hey Krishn

I am uploading songs from this devotional album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Devotionals from "Hey Ram Hey Krishn"...

Here are the rest of the devotionals from this another fine album by Chitraji & Jagjitji...
swarapriya
Jagjit & Chitra Singh Live At The Royal Albert Hall - CD 1

This is a 2-CD set album. I am uploading ghazals from the CD today in two back-to-back posts. I will upload the second CD next week.

Among others, on this concert Jagjitji was accompanied by Chitraji as well as his son Vivek, who died of a tragic accident in July 1990.

Here are the ghazals in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Ghazals from "Jagjit & Chitra Singh Live At The Royal Albert Hall - CD 1"

Jagjitji was in an upbeat mood during this concert. This is evident as he shares some jokes with audience during the concert. An example of this, in this album, the ghazal "Saare Pind". Jagjitji shares couple of jokes before he starts the song.

One of my favorite ghazals from this album is the song sung by Chitraji & Jagjitji, "Suna Tha". Here is this and other ghazals from this fine album...
swarapriya
Tyaagpatra

There are only three songs in this film one of which was sung by Jagjitji. I am uploading that song here. I was not successful in procuring the other two songs. These are shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these if hey can. Thank you.

Here is the only song I have...
swarapriya
Jai Radha Madhav

There are two lengthy devotional bhajans in this album. Because of this, I have to split them into two parts each. To access the full bhajan, it is imperative that you download both of its parts. Any one part will not work.

Here are the bhajans...
swarapriya
Jagjit & Chitra Singh Live At The Royal Albert Hall - CD 2

I am uploading ghazals from this second album in two back-to-back posts. Most of the ghazals in this first post are incomplete renditions. I will be uploading more complete versions in the third post.

Here are the ghazals in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Ghazals from "Jagjit & Chitra Singh Live At The Royal Albert Hall - CD 2"

Here are the rest of the ghazals from this concert album...
swarapriya
More Complete Ghazals From the First Post of The Royal Albert Hall Concert-CD 2

Here are more complete ghazals of those that were uploaded in the first post of the Royal Albert Hall Concert - CD 2...
swarapriya
Aakhri Kahani (1989)

Jagjit Saab sang one or more songs for this film. Unfortunately I don't have any of these songs. I am requesting members to share any songs from this film they may have. Thanks.

swarapriya
Radhe Krishan Radhe Shyam - Dhuni

This is the second album mentioned in my earlier posting. That posting uploaded Krishn Bhajans. This album has one dhuni that is nearly 47 minutes long. I have split into four parts and uploading them here in two back-to-back posts.

Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding the Dhuni from "Radhe Krishan Radhe Shyam - Dhuni"...

Here are the rest of the segments of this long dhuni...
swarapriya
Ecstasies

I am uploading ghazals from this fine album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Ghazals from "Ecstasies"...

swarapriya
Bolloo Baadshah

Jagjitji composed music for this film and also sang one beautiful song in it. Here is this and other songs from this film...
swarapriya
Hare Krishna - A Live Concert

I am uploading devotionals from this beautiful album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Devotionals from "Hare Krishna - A Live Concert"...

Here are the rest of the devotionals from this live concert...
swarapriya
Echoes - CD I

This is a 2-CD set album that contains 12 selections of ghazals from concerts around the world. Each CD contains six ghazals. I will upload the first CD today. The second will come later.

I am uploading six ghazals from the first CD in two back-to-back posts. Here are the first three ghazals...
swarapriya
Concluding Ghazals from "Echoes - CD I"...

swarapriya
Mirza Ghalib - CD-1

Gulzar wrote, co-produced and directed this television drama starring Naseeruddin Shah in the title role. The songs sung for this show are now considered as classics of Chitra & Jagjit Singh. The songs, mostly ghazals and written mostly by Ghalib, were released as a 2-CD set. I am uploading the ghazals from the first CD today. The second one will come at a later time.

I am uploading the ghazals from the first CD in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Ghazals from "Mirza Ghalib - CD-1"...

swarapriya
Vakratunda Mahakaya...

There are three devotionals in this album. Two of them are very long and the short one is an aarti. I will upload these songs in two back-to-back posts.

In the first post, because of the length of the devotional, I have to split it into three parts. To access this bhajan it is imperative that you download all three parts. Any one or two will not work.

Here is the devotional...
swarapriya
Concluding Devotionals from "Vakratunda Mahakaya..."...

This post contains a long bhajan and an aarti. Because of the length of the bhajan, I have to split it into two parts. To access this bhajan it is imperative that you download both parts. Only one of them will not work.

Here is the devotional and the aarti...
swarapriya
Echoes - CD II

This is the second of the 2-CD set album. The ghazals from the first CD were uploaded last week. There are also six ghazals in the second CD. I am uploading them in two back-to-back posts. Here are the first three...
swarapriya
Concluding Ghazals from "Echoes - CD II"...

swarapriya
Mirza Ghalib - CD-2

This is the second CD of the Gulzar-directed TV drama "Mirza Ghalib". I am uploading all the ghazals from this album in two back-to-back posts. The TV drama has one more ghazal that was not included in either CD. I am uploading this in the third post along with different versions of this ghazal by various singers.

Here are the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Continuing Ghazals from "Mirza Ghalib - CD-2"...

Here are the rest of the ghazals from this classic beauty...
swarapriya
Concluding Ghazals from the TV Drama "Mirza Ghalib"...

The ghazal "Patta Patta" was in the TV drama but was not included in the 2-CD set. I am uploading it below with and without dialogues. I am uploading another version of the same ghazal that is not from the TV show. This is by Jagjit ji from one of his ghazal albums.

The ghazal "Patta Patta" has been a favorite of many famous singers. I am including below three separate renditions by Ghulam Ali Saab, Mehdi Hassan Saab, and Hariharan ji.

Here is the ghazal "Patta Patta" and some of its variations...
raz
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 12 2012, 10:15 PM) *

Zulf Ke Saye Saye (1983)

I have only four songs from this film that I am uploading here. I don't have too many details of this movie except that its music was composed by Mohinderjit Singh. Well, who is Mohinderjit Singh?

Mohinderjit Singh (photo given below) is a singer, composer and violinist. He was trained by Husnlal Bhagatram as an instrumentalist and Hindustani vocalist. He composed music mostly for TV serials. His work was published as albums by many popular labels like BMG, CBS, T Series, etc. One of his songs, called “Sadbhavana”, with the theme of love and compassion for the country, was given the status of a National Song.

He invented a new musical instrument called “Naad Yogini” that on the surface looks like a violin. A description given on the instrument noted that it has “all the pathos of a violin, the resonance of a cello, and the smoothing seductiveness of a sarangi and a flute.”

I have listed in the table below the missing songs in red italics. If these are from this film, and if you can share, please kindly do so. Thanks.

Here are the four songs from this film...

3 missing Songs mentioned r from zakhmi aurat (1988). pyar mila sab kuch mila, pal pal jale meri atma,tauba tauba allah tauba
swarapriya
QUOTE(raz @ Jan 9 2013, 05:34 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 12 2012, 10:15 PM) *

Zulf Ke Saye Saye (1983)

I have only four songs from this film that I am uploading here. I don't have too many details of this movie except that its music was composed by Mohinderjit Singh. Well, who is Mohinderjit Singh?

Mohinderjit Singh (photo given below) is a singer, composer and violinist. He was trained by Husnlal Bhagatram as an instrumentalist and Hindustani vocalist. He composed music mostly for TV serials. His work was published as albums by many popular labels like BMG, CBS, T Series, etc. One of his songs, called “Sadbhavana”, with the theme of love and compassion for the country, was given the status of a National Song.

He invented a new musical instrument called “Naad Yogini” that on the surface looks like a violin. A description given on the instrument noted that it has “all the pathos of a violin, the resonance of a cello, and the smoothing seductiveness of a sarangi and a flute.”

I have listed in the table below the missing songs in red italics. If these are from this film, and if you can share, please kindly do so. Thanks.

Here are the four songs from this film...

3 missing Songs mentioned r from zakhmi aurat (1988). pyar mila sab kuch mila, pal pal jale meri atma,tauba tauba allah tauba

Thanks for the information Raz ji. Sangeetji earlier responded on September 14, 2012 that the last four songs were from "Zakhmi Aurat".

Cheers,
S

swarapriya
Keertan (Gurbani)

I am uploading shabad kirtans from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Devotionals from "Keertan (Gurbani)"...

Here are the rest of the shabad kirtans from this fine devotional album...
swarapriya
A Sound Affair

I am uploading ghazals from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...
swarapriya
Concluding Ghazals from "A Sound Affair"...

Here are the rest of the ghazals from this fine album. The ghazal "Tere Khushboo" is incomplete in the CD. I am including a more fuller version here...
swarapriya
Goonj (1989)

I have serious misgivings about Jagjitji being the co-music director along with Biddu for this film. Their expertise seems to be poles apart and that is where I have problems. Except for the soul stirring magnificent Manna’s song and the title music, the album is mostly western in nature. It is hard to imagine Jagjitji giving music to any of these numbers. However, I could be very wrong about this. I did check various references on this. Most of them credit both Jagjitji and Biddu as the music directors for the film. I couldn’t get hold of the actual movie to verify this. May be someone can help clarify the situation.

Irrespective of these lingering doubts, here are the songs from this album…
swarapriya
Om - The Divine Mantra

There are two ragas in this album. One of them is Morning Raga. The other one is an Evening Raga. I am uploading these in two back-to-back posts.

Because of the lengths of these ragas, I have to split each one of them into two parts. To access either raga it is imperative that you upload both of its parts. Only one part will not work.

Here is the Morning Raga in two parts...
swarapriya
Concluding the Devotional from "Om - The Divine Mantra"...

This post includes the Evening Raga. Because of its length, I have to split it into two parts. To access the raga it is imperative that you upload both of its parts. Only one part will not work.

Here is the Evening Raga in two parts...
swarapriya
Beyond Time

This is yet another beautiful album from Chitraji & Jagjitji. It has 12 lovely ghazals. All ghazals use either at the start or at the ending sounds of waves of an ocean. I will upload these in three back-to-back posts.

Incidentally, Asharani Mathur edited a book on Jagjitji of almost same name as that of this album. The book's complete name is "Beyond Time. The Ageless Music of Jagjit Singh". Lataji wrote a forword to this book. A couple of lines from this foreword are worth quoting here. Lataji wrote that "...The world of music would not be complete without ghazals. The world of ghazals would not be complete without Jagjit Singh..."

Here is the first set of ghazals...
swarapriya
Continuing Ghazals from "Beyond Time"...

Here is the second set of ghazals from this fine album...
swarapriya
Concluding Ghazals from "Beyond Time"...

Here are the final four ghazals from this fabulous album...
swarapriya
Doosra Kanoon (1989)

Jagjitji sang few songs in this TV show. Unfortunately I don't have any of these songs to share with you. I am requesting members to share any songs they may have from this TV show. Thanks.
swarapriya
Hare Krishna... Hare Krishna...

Jagjitji released couple of albums in late 1990's with titles "Hare Krishna... Hare Krishna..." and "Hare Krishna... Hare Rama...". Even though titles sound almost the same, they are quite different albums. I am uploading today the devotional dhun from the first album. The second album will come at a later time.

This album has only one dhun, a lengthy one of nearly 38 minutes in duration. I split it into two parts and will upload them in two back-to-back posts. However, each of the post contains nearly 19 minutes long dhun. Therefore I have to split them into two parts each. To access the dhun from each post, it is imperative that you upload both of its parts in each post. Downloading only one part will not work.

Here is first part of the dhun split into two parts...
swarapriya
Concluding the Dhun from "Hare Krishna... Hare Krishna..."...

Here is the second part of the dhun. Because of the length of the dhun I have to split it into two parts. To access the dhun it is imperative that you download both parts. Downloading only one part will not give access to the dhun.

Here are the two parts of the dhun...
ketaki shukla
Thanks Swarapriya,

Ketaki
swarapriya
QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Jan 25 2013, 08:14 PM) *

Thanks Swarapriya,

Ketaki

You're very welcome Ketaki. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
Black Magic (Also Known As "Passions")

Before their son's tragic death one of the characteristics of albums of Chitraji & Jagjitji was to have English names for their titles. This trend continued starting from their debut album "The Unforgettables" in 1976. "Black Magic" was originally released in LP. Later it was released in CD as "Passions".

"Black Magic" ("Passions") has eight beautiful ghazals in it. I will upload them in two back-to-back posts. Incidentally the ghazal "Jawaani Ke Heele" in the first post reminds one of Rafi Saab's classic beauty "Kahin Ek Maasoom Naazuk Si Ladki" from the film "Shankar Husain (1977)".

Here are the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Ghazals from "Black Magic (Also Known As "Passions")"...

Here are the rest of the ghazals from this beautiful album...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.