Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Songs From Mandi
Hamara Forums > Legends > Asha Bhonsle
Priya
Here is the lovely zabanein badalti hai. I also have the song ishq ke shole ko courtesy a friend (as is this one). Does anyone have the solos:
Aayi re barkha ki rut
Rain ka sapna
If so please do ul them.
These songs too are in mp3pro 32 kbs but seem to give a slight hiss if I attempt to change the br. If anyone has these as better files too please ul them.

Music is by Vanraj Bhatia
Yr 1983
Lyrics for this song are by Mir 'Taki' Mir
anurag
I think I have the movie on a dvd but I don't know how to extract the songs from it!!
unni
Anurag:

Are you serious?blab.gif

Usually the DVD menu has the option to play only the songs. Choose that feature and the song you want to copy.

Open your recording software, e.g. MusicMatch and set the sound source as WAVE OUT MIX.

First, click on the RECORD tab of the software. Then click on the PLAY tab of the DVD menu. After the recording you can edit out any recording/silence before/after the song.
anurag
QUOTE(unni @ Apr 1 2005, 08:49 PM)
Anurag:

Are you serious?blab.gif

Usually the DVD menu has the option to play only the songs. Choose that feature and the song you want to copy.

Open your recording software, e.g. MusicMatch and set the sound source as WAVE OUT MIX.

First, click on the RECORD tab of the software. Then click on the PLAY tab of the DVD menu. After the recording you can edit out any recording/silence before/after the song.

Unni, that's not what I meant.

That recording is bound to be inferior since you are recording at the sound card. I used to extract the songs before from the vob in ac3 streams and then encode it to mp3 but that's a long and multi-step procedure to do it. I am sure nowadays there are s/w that automate that process and I was hoping someone would tell me which one!
unni
"vob in ac3 streams". Sure! I knew that's what you wanted! smile1.gif Whatever it may be. blab.gif

Talaikya
QUOTE(anurag @ Apr 1 2005, 08:28 PM)
Unni, that's not what I meant.

That recording is bound to be inferior since you are recording at the sound card. I used to extract the songs before from the vob in ac3 streams and then encode it to mp3 but that's a long and multi-step procedure to do it. I am sure nowadays there are s/w that automate that process and I was hoping someone would tell me which one!

I am surprised I know what you mean, but I do... at least about the vob n ac3 stuff. That's how I got started too. I don't know how DVD Audio Ripper does the ripping, but that's what I use now and it works for me. Hope it helps. smile1.gif
Priya
I have never done anything from dvds as I just got a player a couple of months back but the other day was recording from vcd and realised that the reason I thought all recordings from system mix are bad was due to the volume setting. I set it pretty low for cassette recordings through mic in and did the same for vcd & system mixer but one has to set it at almost minimum or else it gets a metallic shrieky sound. Anyway if U do extract the songs through vob or any other inexplicable way would be very grateful. I like the little have heard of Vanraj Bhatia a lot.
anurag
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Apr 2 2005, 03:37 AM)
I am surprised I know what you mean, but I do... at least about the vob n ac3 stuff. That's how I got started too. I don't know how DVD Audio Ripper does the ripping, but that's what I use now and it works for me. Hope it helps.  smile1.gif

Thankgoodness, I am not the only geek here! tongue.gif

Flippancy apart, T, is n't DVD Audio ripper a shareware program? I don't have it. I have always used free and open source programs but I have had to adopt a circuitous route to get to audio.

Priya, there is no need to copy a VCD or DVD by connecting to line in port of the sound card. Since your audio is already available in digital format on these disks, one can demux the audio stream from them and then convert to whichever compression format one prefers. Doing so would give you the best quality obtainable.
anurag
I have to get back to my old ways, sadly for doing this. Which, btw, is quite a project. So, Priya now you owe me one. smile1.gif

I am going to rip the vobs for the relevant chapters (which, I just did and for that I had to watch the whole movie in super fast-forward mode and make out which chapters the songs had!). And lo and behold, the songs are not contained in individual chapters but spread across. Talk about desis' authoring skills!

So, this means I am going to take the whole chapters (three of them) and then demux audio stream in ac3, then decode it to wav->mp3. Phew!

I heard Asha singing on couple and Preetisagar on another. Rest, I guess are hums (Smita Patil doing riyaaz) and some instrumental work. If you'd like, you can throw away the dialogues in between using some audio editing s/w.
anurag
MANDI[1]_chapter2_02.zip
anurag
MANDI[1]_chapter3.zip
anurag
MANDI[1]_chapter8.zip
anurag
ok, I am all done.

The hard work was cut short by DVD Audio Ripper in the end. Thank you, T. :-D

cinemaniac2
Anuraag and T

the easiest way (I feel) is to use Chopper

http://www.digital-miner.com/chopperxp.html

it lets you choose a particular scene/song straight from a dvd(vob file)-without
first decrypting it to the hard drive.

you mark in the start of the song and the end of the song and save it on ur hard disk.

next u open cool edit and from FILE u choose extract audio from video.

save the extracted file to mp3.

there u are

voila

tres simple

cinemaniac2

Priya
QUOTE(anurag @ Apr 2 2005, 02:13 PM)
Priya, there is no need to copy a VCD or DVD by connecting to line in port of the sound card. Since your audio is already available in digital format on these disks, one can demux the audio stream from them and then convert to whichever compression format one prefers. Doing so would give you the best quality obtainable.

Oh I love demuxing audio streams!!! Gives me a real kick that!!!
ANURAG!!!!!! abuse.gif what the hell are U talking abt??????

My pea sized brain tells me maybe U mean like in vcd I can use a sw to get the sudio from the disc by running the disc in my cd drive? Is that it? If so that is fine for vcd but I do not have a dvd drive. So it cannot work in the comp.

BTW using sound mixer I run the disc in the drive--with line in I connect the player to the pc. What u are discussing here U will have to explain to as U would to a 2 yr old.
Priya
Thanks Anurag!!!! That was real quick considering the complicated process U mentioned which nearly had me having a Victorian fainting fit!!!!
What do I owe U? Since I deal only in Asha and Noor Jehan currency I haven't a clue. But thanks from the bottom of my heart!!!
P smile1.gif
cinemaniac2
Anurag -Kya yaar private tuition dete ho.

Is my way easy-short -or possible?

hamen bhi batao

let us feel good- like a compounder teaching the doctor.

u are the resident doctor besides BJ.

cinemaniac2

Talaikya
QUOTE(anurag @ Apr 2 2005, 03:43 AM)

Thankgoodness, I am not the only geek here!  tongue.gif

No geeky business here, I just ask for help and follow instructions smile1.gif

QUOTE(anurag @ Apr 2 2005, 05:13 AM)
The hard work was cut short by DVD Audio Ripper in the end. Thank you, T. :-D

Well, I am glad wiser counsels prevailed. rolleyes.gif Thanks are due to the arguement BJ and I had early on which resulted in the discovery of the software.

QUOTE(cinemaniac2 @ Apr 2 2005, 10:49 AM)
Anurag -Kya yaar private tuition dete ho.

Is my way easy-short -or possible?

hamen bhi batao

let us feel good- like a compounder teaching  the doctor.

u are the resident doctor besides BJ.

cinemaniac2

Yaar Cine, now DVD audio ripper has Anurag's blessings too, get the trial version and see.

T
Talaikya
Priya ji,

As promised, (I almost forgot) ...

I have tried to edit whatever Anurag uploaded. I don't think he's ripped all the songs you mentioned, anyways have a listen and then bug Anurag tongue.gif

1. Zabanein badalte hain 3:16 @ 96mp3pro.

I don't really know whether you wanted a better version of this one or not, still erring on the side of caution.

Click to view attachment

2. There's a Preeti Sagar number, Samshir Badhe(?) Na ... I will upload it at SKS,
and someone has to explain the ghazal to me smile1.gif

3. Rain ka sapna is just that much; wonder what it means? Well listen to this track and you'll know what I mean.

Click to view attachment

I am almost afraid to ask, does anyone want any of the above in 128kbps? tongue.gif

There is one more number which is spread over two chapters... so I'll do some cutting pasting and upload it tomorrow, this darn fly is bugging the sanity out of me!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

T

Talaikya
Here's one more - I felt like Unni ji's tailor master. Lots of cutting and stitching. I should be warned for uploading this one. I see even a die hard fan putting this one away somewhere and forgetting Asha ji ever sang it!! Or maybe the remix industry will make good use of it blab.gif The worst part is, I had uploaded it and the site went down, this is the second time. 3:53 mins @ 96mp3pro of chubhan you know where!! angry2.gif I know, I know ... it was called for the movie was after all Mandi! rolleyes.gif

Priya
I know I too was trying to ul something and it all go lost. cry.gif
Thanks so much Talzji for this kind effort!!! bow.gif
BTW Mandi in Malayalam would be female fool!!!! laugh.gif
Talaikya
QUOTE(priya @ Apr 4 2005, 03:23 PM)
BTW Mandi in Malayalam would be female fool!!!! laugh.gif

How apt!!! blab.gif laugh.gif (and I refer to yours truly, lest anyone feels slighted!)
Priya
Hey meri Guruji fool kaise ho sakti hai?
P_maska lagaoing Tji wink2.gif
Priya
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Apr 5 2005, 12:57 AM)
Here's one more - I felt like Unni ji's tailor master. Lots of cutting and stitching. I should be warned for uploading this one. I see even a die hard fan putting this one away somewhere and forgetting Asha ji ever sang it!! Or maybe the remix industry will make good use of it  blab.gif The worst part is, I had uploaded it and the site went down, this is the second time. 3:53 mins @ 96mp3pro of chubhan you know where!!  angry2.gif I know, I know ... it was called for the movie was after all Mandi!  rolleyes.gif

Hey U underestimate that die hard fan. Takes a lot lot more to amke her put away a track--the only one she has till now is aa dil se dil mila le!!! Tells U something. smile1.gif
That Asha is great of course!!!! angry2.gif
Priya
3. Rain ka sapna is just that much; wonder what it means? Well listen to this track and you'll know what I mean.

I wonder if it is a full track in the lp? Surely no song could be listed as a song if it s just such a short snippet?
I presume ishq ke sholon ko was not uled? Koi baat nahi I have it--not one of my favs--somehow tho I am no music or poetry expert I felt the musical medium and lyrics did not gel too well in that one. SHRUG.
anurag
QUOTE(priya @ Apr 4 2005, 05:29 PM)

I presume ishq ke sholon ko was not uled? Koi baat nahi I have it--not one of my favs--somehow tho I am no music or poetry expert I felt the musical medium and lyrics did not gel too well in that one. SHRUG.

Priya, "ishq key sholon" ka to pata nahin, haan sholay yahan jarror hain. tongue.gif

As I said before, I had to watch the movie in FF mode to figure out the songs but I still don't remember that this song was in the movie. May be it's only part of audio albums (CD, LP, tape, eenta-patthar, whatever!). If you are sure that it is in the movie, tell me when and I'd check again.

Priya
Hi Anurag,
I can post the song --as I said it is not a special fav. But will ul it tonight. It is a full song --do not remember the film at all so cannot say where it is or if it is in at all. Saw it as a kid on DD. Do not bother watching the DVD again. This whole conversion process has gobe absolutely over my head!!! blink.gif
Talaikya
QUOTE(priya @ Apr 4 2005, 04:24 PM)
Hey meri Guruji fool kaise ho sakti hai?
P_maska lagaoing Tji wink2.gif

When shishya overtakes one is no longer guru, maska always welcome, though(t)unnecessary! tongue.gif

QUOTE(priya @ Apr 4 2005, 04:26 PM)
Hey U underestimate that die hard fan. Takes a lot lot more to amke her put away a track--the only one she has till now is aa dil se dil mila le!!! Tells U something. smile1.gif
That Asha is great of course!!!!  angry2.gif

I did underestimate, I did!! You will keep the song? You will hear it again??? Mahn... I definitely did!! rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif
T
unni
Just as there is a "Download Accelerator", is there any "Upload Accelerator"?

Dont wanna miss out if someone requests repeat upload of "Aa Dil Se Dil Milaaannnley". blab.gif

We aim to serve. (Add: Sound of Trumpets)

(I have a sneaking suspicion the sword will not be in the parting of the mandi's tresses tongue.gif ).
Priya
There is also a 'mandan' in the Malayalam language and the forum needs no introduction to him!!! As far as his tresses are concerned-they are non existent. tongue.gif
unni
Do we detect some "manthan" here ? laugh.gif
Priya
Here is ishq ke shole. I wonder why I wans't too fond of it--I just listened to it and it is a lovely song. Somehow when I last heard it the last part did not appeal too much to me. Must have been intoxicated with some other Asha gem at that moment. Ab jab mandans aur mandis se pala pada hai to akal thikane aa gayi hai!!!
I again got this song at this br so nothing I can do abt it. smile1.gif
Priya
QUOTE(unni @ Apr 5 2005, 11:07 PM)
Do we detect some "manthan" here ? laugh.gif

With an anarchist in our midst what can we expect!!! sad1.gif
Lagta hai bandaron mein berozgari badh rahi hai--time hi time hai unke paas--chatter chatter all day!!! abuse.gif
unni
QUOTE(priya @ Apr 5 2005, 12:46 PM)
With an anarchist in our midst what can we expect!!!  sad1.gif
Lagta hai bandaron mein berozgari badh rahi hai--time hi time hai unke paas--chatter chatter all day!!! abuse.gif

They want to know if they can annoint you as as 'Bandaron-ki-Mallika'? They'd feel honoured, it seems.

(Dunno why? blab.gif Darn monkeys! abuse.gif )

Talaikya
QUOTE(priya @ Apr 5 2005, 12:43 PM)
Here is ishq ke shole.

Almost scared to hear this one... tongue.gif because of the other one!!

I again got this song at this br so nothing I can do abt it. smile1.gif

Time for Anurag to step up to the plate!! laugh.gif
Priya
QUOTE(unni @ Apr 5 2005, 11:46 PM)
They want to know if they can annoint you as as 'Bandaron-ki-Mallika'? They'd feel honoured, it seems.

(Dunno why? blab.gif Darn monkeys! abuse.gif )

Does that give me powers to veto/wreck/undo things done by that strutting badshah of theirs? If so to save the poor souls I may just condescend.
ilayaraja_fan
Hi,

Can anyone upload the songs from mandi again?

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.