Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shirin Farhad (1945)

, Rashid Attre-Amarnath classic by Shamshad - Batish

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shirin Farhad (1945), Rashid Attre-Amarnath classic by Shamshad - Batish
Vidur Sury
post Jun 13 2011, 06:16 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 169937

Dear Members,

This is a post for the songs of this Pancholi Films' super hit, Shirin Farhad (1945). The film starred Ragini Ji, famous Indo - Pak actress who earned the title "Aah-O-Chashm" because of her gorgeous looks. The hero was Jayant Ji, who was till then a hero, and soon after became a character actor and much hated villain as well.

The songs of the film were by Shamshad Begum Ji and Pandit S. D. (Shiv Dayal) Batish Ji. This was the fourth film of great Indo - Pak composer Rashid Attre Jehan Ji, and the other composer was the great Pandit Amarnath Ji. Both together did a fabulous job with the music. The film had 7 songs in total, as listed below:

1. Sun Baat Kisi Mastane Ki - S. D. Batish Ji
2. Angdayi Teri Yaad Mein Aayi O Harjai - Shamshad Begum Ji (thanks to Faraaj Ji)
3. Ye Dil, Ye Mere Pyar Ka Ghar Tere Liye Hai - Shamshad Begum Ji, S. D. Batish Ji (thanks to Faraaj Ji)
4. Main Kya Hoon Bhala Ye Batao To Jaanoon (in 2 parts) - Shamshad Begum Ji, S. D. Batish Ji
5. Shokh Aankhon Mein Kalikh Laga Doon - Shamshad Begum Ji
6. Armanon Ki Basti Mein Ham Aag Laga Baithe - Shamshad Begum Ji (thanks to Harjinder Ji)
7. Tu Nahin To Aasra Mujhko Hai Teri Yaad Ka - Shamshad Begum Ji

I have the songs 4, 6 and 7, and can upload if anyone wants them. Iam looking for the other 4 songs since a really very long time, and would really appreciate it a lot if anyone could kindly share them.

Thanks in advance for the 4 missing songs and you can enjoy the 3 songs I have by requesting smile1.gif

Vidur

This post has been edited by Vidur Sury: Jun 16 2011, 04:36 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Jun 13 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 133351

Vidur can u please upload song no 4. Thanks in advance

Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
surhall
post Jun 13 2011, 07:49 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 86

QUOTE(Vidur Sury @ Jun 13 2011, 06:16 PM) *

Dear Members,

This is a post for the songs of this Pancholi Films' super hit, Shirin Farhad (1945). The film starred Ragini Ji, famous Indo - Pak actress who earned the title "Aah-O-Chashm" because of her gorgeous looks. The hero was Jayant Ji, who was till then a hero, and soon after became a character actor and much hated villain as well.

The songs of the film were by Shamshad Begum Ji and Pandit S. D. (Shiv Dayal) Batish Ji. This was the fourth film of great Indo - Pak composer Rashid Attre Jehan Ji, and the other composer was the great Pandit Amarnath Ji. Both together did a fabulous job with the music. The film had 7 songs in total, as listed below:

2. Angdayi Teri Yaad Mein Aayi O Harjai - Shamshad Begum Ji
3. Ye Dil, Ye Mere Pyar Ka Ghar Tere Liye Hai - Shamshad Begum Ji, S. D. Batish Ji
4. Main Kya Hoon Bhala Ye Batao To Jaanoon (in 2 parts) - Shamshad Begum Ji, S. D. Batish Ji
6. Armanon Ki Basti Mein Ham Aag Laga Baithe - Shamshad Begum Ji

I have the songs 4, 6 and 7, and can upload if anyone wants them. Iam looking for the other 4 songs since a really very long time, and would really appreciate it a lot if anyone could kindly share them.

Thanks in advance for the 4 missing songs and you can enjoy the 3 songs I have by requesting smile1.gif

Vidur

hi
pleas u/l all song you have 4-6-7
thanks
dhall
+Quote Post
Harjinder
post Jun 14 2011, 07:19 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6686

Shirin Farhad-Armano ki basti mein hum aag laga baithe-Shamshad Begum MD Rashid Atre
Bit Rate 128 kbps
Duration 03:07 min
Year 1945
Format MP3
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Jun 14 2011, 03:29 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(Vidur Sury @ Jun 13 2011, 10:46 PM) *

Dear Members,

3. Ye Dil, Ye Mere Pyar Ka Ghar Tere Liye Hai - Shamshad Begum Ji, S. D. Batish Ji

Vidur

Hi Vidur

Please see two songs requested. Shamshad does a great job of imitating the superstar of the period Noor Jehan in her duet with SD Batish.

1945 Shirin Farhad - Shamshad, SD Batish - Ye Dil Ye Mere Pyar Ka Ghar-pt amarnath 104kps mp3 2m 52s

1945 Shirin Farhad - Shamshad - Angdai Teri Yaad Mein Aayi-pt amarnath 160kps mp3 2m 19s

I have a poor audio of #7. Can you pls upload your version. Its bound to be better!

This post has been edited by Faraaj73: Jun 14 2011, 03:30 PM

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
Vidur Sury
post Jun 14 2011, 04:02 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Jun 13 2011, 07:42 PM) *

Vidur can u please upload song no 4. Thanks in advance

Oh, sure Sir happy.gif Here you are, a beautifully composed duet of the 2 lead singers. Both are truly exceptional. Enjoy!

Both parts at 128 kbps and the first, 5.13 and the second, shorter and 3.19. I believe they each occupied the 2 sides of the record. A lovely gem in the sweet and powerful voices of Shamshad Begum Ji and S. D. Batish Ji.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Rashid Attre Jehan Ji and Feroze Nizami Ji did just 8 and 10 films respectively in India, but used such a fabulous variety of singers. Both are my most favourite and have used a lot of my favourite singers (since many were in the 1940s). Both composed really brilliant tunes with great ranges, and were maestros of classical music as well. They brought out the best of the singers they used. Pandit Amarnath Ji was a stalwart of 1940s and composed immortal tunes and out of his compositions, his favourite Zeenat Begum Ji's songs are best remembered. She, Shamshad Ji and Batish Ji sang a lot for him. Some of their best songs were his compositions.

I will be uploading song 7 for Faraaj Ji as well.

Enjoy!

Vidur

This post has been edited by Vidur Sury: Jun 14 2011, 04:42 PM
+Quote Post
Vidur Sury
post Jun 14 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(surhall @ Jun 13 2011, 07:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Vidur Sury @ Jun 13 2011, 06:16 PM) *

Dear Members,

6. Armanon Ki Basti Mein Ham Aag Laga Baithe - Shamshad Begum Ji

Vidur

hi
pleas u/l all song you have 4-6-7
thanks
dhall

Sir, now you can enjoy song 4 uploaded by me and 6 uploaded by Harjinder Ji. I will be uploading song 7 very soon.

Enjoy! thumbs-up.gif
Vidur

This post has been edited by Vidur Sury: Jun 16 2011, 08:08 PM
+Quote Post
Vidur Sury
post Jun 14 2011, 04:06 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Jun 14 2011, 07:19 AM) *

Shirin Farhad-Armano ki basti mein hum aag laga baithe-Shamshad Begum MD Rashid Atre
Bit Rate 128 kbps
Duration 03:07 min
Year 1945
Format MP3

Thanks a lot Sir! You have made my job much easier. Hope to see many more rare gems from you and our other dear and generous friends

Vidur
+Quote Post
Vidur Sury
post Jun 14 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Jun 14 2011, 03:29 PM) *

Dear Members,

Vidur

Hi Vidur

Please see two songs requested. Shamshad does a great job of imitating the superstar of the period Noor Jehan in her duet with SD Batish.

1945 Shirin Farhad - Shamshad, SD Batish - Ye Dil Ye Mere Pyar Ka Ghar-pt amarnath 104kps mp3 2m 52s

1945 Shirin Farhad - Shamshad - Angdai Teri Yaad Mein Aayi-pt amarnath 160kps mp3 2m 19s

I have a poor audio of #7. Can you pls upload your version. Its bound to be better!

Oh, Sir! I really don't have words to thank you! I have been looking for these songs since about a year! It's great to see so many rare gems provided by our generous friends. Well, yes, there is some similarity in the voices of Noor Jehan Ji and Shamshad Ji. Both are immensely talented and possess huge ranges, and one unique kind of weight and sweetness in their voices makes their voices a bit similar. But, when they sing duets/songs together (if with more singers), I do find it quite easy to tell their voices apart. I think, in fact, among Noor Jehan Ji's pre - partition co - singers, Shamshad Ji sang maximum songs with her!

Yes, I do believe my version's quality is better than yours (especially after you said it's bound to be laugh.gif ). I know how great it is to see a favourite song (I just love this great gem!) come clearly after hearing a bad version. Enjoy the brilliant Shamshad Ji rendition at 128 kbps and 2.38 min.

Hope our kind friends will upload the 2 missing gems:

BTW, sorry for late reply, in the Shyam Sundar Ji post, I have the 3 songs you mentioned. I have 4 more songs from Patwari (1942) as well. I will be uploading all these treasures for our dear members very soon. My apologies, because there were pre - Nai Kahani Shyam Sundar Ji films. But in Hindi, the same year 1943, there was Jangi Jawan as well. Do you know which came first? With reference of Geet Kosh, I will be updating his filmography there soon. I also remember seeing him as one of the composers of Urvashi (1946). Regarding the composers of Bazar (1949), Husnlal - Bhagatram Ji are mentioned in the film, but not in records or Geet Kosh! But, in Noor Jehan Ji's classic Mirza Sahiban (1947), only Pandit Amarnath Ji is mentioned in the film titles but even Husnlal - Bhagatram Ji are mentioned in the records! biggrin.gif

A very hearty personal thanks again for your extremely rare contribution!

Vidur

This post has been edited by Vidur Sury: Jun 14 2011, 05:35 PM
+Quote Post
surhall
post Jun 15 2011, 12:24 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

hi
thanks very good u/l all song
dhall
+Quote Post
surhall
post Jun 15 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Jun 14 2011, 03:29 PM) *

Dear Members,

Vidur

Hi Vidur

hi brother
thanks good u/l song
dhall
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Jun 15 2011, 07:31 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 133351

Thanks Vidur for the rare album

This post has been edited by Abdur Rehman: Jun 15 2011, 07:31 PM

Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
Vidur Sury
post Jun 16 2011, 08:43 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Jun 15 2011, 07:31 PM) *

Thanks Vidur for the rare album

You're most welcome Sir, hope to begin threads for a lot of such 1930s - 1940s rare albums so that all of us can enjoy the great marvels of vintage films and songs. I will be making threads for Indian films of Feroze Nizami Ji and Rashid Attre Jehan Ji, the 2 versatile geniuses who used such a huge range of voices. Hope to see all of you and more friends there happy.gif . Please do check out the Panna Dai (1945) post I made and please contribute missing numbers if you have. The post will be a big surprise for Begum Akhtar Ji fans. Enjoy! wink.gif

Vidur
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:08 AM