Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sahir & Shairi

, Films of Sahir Ludhianvi

19 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sahir & Shairi, Films of Sahir Ludhianvi
swarapriya
post Jun 25 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #66

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Concluding Songs from "Devdas (1955)" ...

Here are three extended version songs from this film ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 2 2010, 12:01 AM
Post #67

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

House No. 44 (1955)

Here is yet another beauty from the combination of Dev-SD-Sahir. Incredible it may seem but this threesome association has produced some everlasting musical melodies. Continuing their success from their previous outings like "Baazi (1951)", "Jaal (1952)", and "Taxi Driver (1954)" they do it again in this movie. It has several lovely songs like both of the solos by Hemantda, "Chup Hai Dharti" and "Teri Duniya Mein" and one of my all time favorites of Lata, that melodious number "Phaili Hui Hai". Lata oozes so much sweetness into this song that you succumb helplessly to its lovely lyrics, rich composition, and emotionally romantic tinge in her singing.

I am posting these songs in back-to-back three posts. The first two posts contain all the songs from the movie form an original soundtrack album. The third post contains some specials.

Now for the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 2 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #68

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "House No. 44 (1955)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 2 2010, 12:17 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 2 2010, 12:16 AM
Post #69

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "House No. 44 (1954)" ...

I am uploading in this post several specials. I am including here Jagjit Singh's version of "Teri Duniya Mein". This is from his album "Close to My Heart". I am also including Lata's version of the same song. This one is from her album "Lata's Shraddhanjali-1". Finally I am including a slightly extended version of the same song. In this there is some humming by Asha before the actual Hemantda's song.

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 18 2010, 12:52 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 8 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #70

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Marine Drive (1955)

Here is one of the first albums N. Dutta worked with Sahir Saab. It has several fine numbers with Rafi Saab's "Ab Woh Karam Karen" taking the top honors. Here are the songs, all by the compliments of the Forum members, thank you ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 16 2010, 01:05 AM
Post #71

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Milap (1955)

This movie was first for both director Raj Khosla and the music director N. Dutta as an independent one. The movie was based on Frank Capra’s 1936 Hollywood classic that starred Jean Arthur and Gary Cooper. The English version, considered a classic, was a multiple award winning film including the Best Director Oscar for Capra. However the Hindi version of the film flopped despite a good story, fine acting by the principles, rich lyrics, and beautiful songs.

N. Dutta, who made his debut with this film, was assistant to S.D. Burman and other musicians for a long time. When he got a chance to provide music for this movie he jumped at the opportunity. Knowing the power of lyrics, and having worked with S.D. and seen the results before, Dutta insisted on having lyrics written by Sahir Ludhianvi. He had his wish granted by the producer. The result is that there are some great lyrics and some fine music and some pretty good songs. Even though the movie was a financial failure, Dutta went onto provide melodious music for several other movies, with Sahir Saab writing lyrics for many of them.

The first time director of “Milap”, Raj Khosla, was a good friend of Dev Anand, the movie's hero. Before turning to be a fulltime director, Raj assisted Guru Dutt in many of the movies Guru directed. Khosla got another opportunity to direct “C.I.D. (1956)” starring Dev Anand for Guru Dutt. The success of that movie paved way to many more blockbusters from him.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. There are some really good songs in this album. Geeta Dutt dominates with three beautiful solos and a duet with Rafi Saab. I love the way Geetaji sings the song "Hum Se Bhi Kar Lo". An absolute delight, it just oozes with overwhelming sweetness. However, the song “Yeh Bahaaron Ka Sama”, sung individually by Lata and Hemantda, became a signature song of the movie. Our fellow member Venkat wrote earlier when these songs were posted nearly two years back that the mukhda of the duet “Bachna Zara” is identical to the mukhda tune of a Lata solo, “Tara Rara” from “Hoor-E-Arab (1955)”. The music for this film was composed by Ghulam Mohammed. Both 1955 movies, different music directors, and different songs with the same mukhda! May be an amazing coincidence.

Here are the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 16 2010, 01:12 AM
Post #72

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Milap (1955)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post Jul 16 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #73

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1288

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 1 2010, 11:46 AM) *

I am uploading in this post several specials. I am including here Jagjit Singh's version of "Teri Duniya Mein". This is from his album "Close to My Heart". I am also including Lata's version of the same song. This one is from her album "Lata's Shraddhanjali-1". Finally I am including a slightly extended version of the same song. In this there is some humming by Lata before the actual Hemantda's song.

The humming is almost certainly Asha and not Lata.

But speaking of Lata, the solo "Phaili hui hai sapnoN ki baaheN" is such a lovely song. I absolutely love it.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 16 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #74

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Jul 15 2010, 11:21 PM) *

I am uploading in this post several specials. I am including here Jagjit Singh's version of "Teri Duniya Mein". This is from his album "Close to My Heart". I am also including Lata's version of the same song. This one is from her album "Lata's Shraddhanjali-1". Finally I am including a slightly extended version of the same song. In this there is some humming by Lata before the actual Hemantda's song.

But speaking of Lata, the solo "Phaili hui hai sapnoN ki baaheN" is such a lovely song. I absolutely love it.

I wonder if someone else can second your opinion whether the humming belongs to Lata or Asha. Speaking about "Phaili", I am with you all the way, SB. It is one of my favorites of Lata.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
yogihit
post Jul 17 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #75

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 45555

SP thanks again smile1.gif

Regards,
Yogi

An open source Person
+Quote Post
Viraj Padhye
post Jul 17 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #76

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 153576

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 16 2010, 12:13 PM) *

QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Jul 15 2010, 11:21 PM) *

I wonder if someone else can second your opinion whether the humming belongs to Lata or Asha. Speaking about "Phaili", I am with you all the way, SB. It is one of my favorites of Lata.

Cheers,
S

Hi SP,

I second Sangeetbhakt. It indeed looks Asha.

Viraj
+Quote Post
rpnawani
post Jul 17 2010, 06:31 PM
Post #77

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49669

Thanks Swarapriya for sharing these beautiful albums. It is a treat to hear Sahir's shairi with great music.

rpnawani
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 18 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #78

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(yogihit @ Jul 17 2010, 01:52 AM) *

SP thanks again smile1.gif

You're very welcome, Yogi. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 18 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #79

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Jul 17 2010, 03:20 AM) *

Hi SP,

I second Sangeetbhakt. It indeed looks Asha.

Viraj

Okay SB & Viraj. I made appropriate changes to the table. Thanks for keeping me not only honest but straight as well. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 18 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #80

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(rpnawani @ Jul 17 2010, 06:01 AM) *

Thanks Swarapriya for sharing these beautiful albums. It is a treat to hear Sahir's shairi with great music.

rpnawani

RP, thanks for your note. It is the same sentiment prompted me to start this thread. Sahir was one of those poets whose creations will stand test of time and will be enjoyed for many generations to come.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 03:03 AM