Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sahir & Shairi

, Films of Sahir Ludhianvi

19 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sahir & Shairi, Films of Sahir Ludhianvi
swarapriya
post Dec 29 2010, 02:08 AM
Post #154

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Hum Dono (1961)

This happened to be one of the most popular albums of Jaidevji. Dev, whose regular was S.D. Burman, decided to give an opportunity to Jaidev, a longtime assistant to SD. Jaidevji returned the favour with spectacular results. Jaidev already made his solo debut with Chetan Anand's film, "Joru ka Bhai" in 1955, so it wasn't that he was going for the first time as an independent music director.

Here Jaidevji was working with Sahir Saab. Sahir Saab wrote some rich and beautiful lyrics. All songs became extremely popular and even today they are enjoyed for their youthful freshness. Solos by Asha and Rafi Saab especially are fondly remembered even today after nearly 50 years for their literary richness and the way they were unforgettably performed.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. I am including some specials in the second post. Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 29 2010, 02:27 AM
Post #155

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Hum Dono (1961)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album. I am also including a couple of specials. One of this is with Dev's monologue before the song "Kabhi Khud Pe". This is taken from the album "Legends: Dev Anand - The Evergreen Star (CD 3)". From the same album there is an introduction by Dev to the song "Main Zindagi" I am uploading this as well.

Here are the songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 7 2011, 07:26 AM
Post #156

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dharmputra (1961)

Yash Chopra, who made the stunning debut as a director with "Dhool Ka Phool" in 1959, once again comes through with such a fine and thought provoking film in "Dharmputra". It was again produced by his older brother, Bal Raj. The story was set during the partition days and the implications of Hindu-Muslim religious conflicts form its core. The movie got the Best Picture National Award but was a financial failure. After this debacle Yash Chopra never dealt such a daring subject for the rest of his film making career.

Shashi Kapoor got a real adult role for the first time in his career in this movie. Shashikala and Rajendra Kumar make uncredited appearances, both in separate song sequences.

One thing that stands out in the movie, apart from its noble plot, is the beautiful music and rich lyrics. N. Dutta tunes many magnificent melodies to the lyrics of Sahir Saab. There are many excellent songs in the movie. For example Mahendra has two of his best solos in "Aaj Ki Raat" and "Bhool Sakta Hai Bhala Kaun". Then there is Rafi Saab's rollicking "Jo Yeh Dil Diwaana". Asha also has two unforgettable numbers in "Main Jab Bhi" and "Naina Kyon". There is also a beautiful qawwali. I have many favorites in this album, but for me, the standout song is Asha's "Main Jab Bhi Akeli Hoti Hoon". Asha elevates this song an extra level to give it that sweet touch; it caresses your thoughts like eastern breeze. Utterly unforgettable melody...

Now for these beautiful songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 18 2011, 08:52 AM
Post #157

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Aaj Aur Kal (1963)

This is another beautiful album from the combination of Sahir & Ravi. I am uploading these songs in two back to back posts. The first post contains all the songs from the film. The second post contains some of the extended version songs.

Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 18 2011, 09:02 AM
Post #158

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs of "Aaj Aur Kal (1963)"...

Here are some of the extended version songs from this album...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jan 18 2011, 09:03 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
memsaab
post Jan 18 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #159

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 124289

Thank you swarapriya---I just got to see this film a few months ago and it is lovely. The songs are wonderful, thanks for sharing smile1.gif

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 18 2011, 11:46 PM
Post #160

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(memsaab @ Jan 18 2011, 05:23 AM) *

Thank you swarapriya---I just got to see this film a few months ago and it is lovely. The songs are wonderful, thanks for sharing smile1.gif

You're very welcome Memsaab. I am in agreement with you about these lovely songs. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
ShankarJaikishanFan
post Jan 21 2011, 12:05 AM
Post #161

Group Icon

Member No.: 180961

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 18 2011, 08:52 AM) *

Aaj Aur Kal (1963)

This is another beautiful album from the combination of Sahir & Ravi. I am uploading these songs in two back to back posts. The first post contains all the songs from the film. The second post contains some of the extended version songs.

Here are the songs in the first post...

Cheers "Raja Saheb Ghar Nahin" is a gem. Have you seen the picturization -- one of the greatest imo with young Tanuja being so cute.

BTW, Raaj Kumar is not in this movie. It's a crediting error on IMDB. Tanuja plays a big role though.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 26 2011, 06:57 AM
Post #162

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Bahurani (1963)

This movie was based on a Bengali book and was made earlier into Telugu and Tamil films. I has some nice songs penned by Sahir Saab. I will upload these in three back-to-back posts. First two posts contain songs from the film. The third post contains some of the extended version songs.

Here are the songs in the frst post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 26 2011, 07:04 AM
Post #163

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "Bahurani (1963)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 26 2011, 07:11 AM
Post #164

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Bahurani (1963)"...

Here are some of the extended version songs from this film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ShankarJaikishanFan
post Jan 26 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #165

Group Icon

Here's Gumrah (1963)
[quote]Here is another film from B.R. Chopra that was a huge hit. The subject deals with a husband tormenting his wife to mend her ways because he suspects that she may be unfaithful. The movie boasts some fine performances by Mala Sinha and Ashok Kumar. But it is the music that is the main reason I think that the movie became such a huge winner. It is the combination of Ravi and Sahir again. As has been the case umpteen number of times before this, the music and songs for this film are no exception. Ravi utilizes talents of only two singers here, that of Asha and Mahendra. Mahendra especially comes through shining with several great songs. There are so many great songs in this movie that it is really difficult to single out one over another. All of the solos by Mahendra and his duets with Asha are just outstanding. I have a couple of favorites in this album. The solo by Mahendra "Aa Bhi Jaa" is just an absolute beauty. Very few words. But the way the song was composed and executed is just lovely. Another of my favorite is the duet "Aaja Aaja Re". Great lyrics. Lovely singing. Melodious music. The whole experience becomes such a sweet memory.

Here are the details of the songs from this original soundtrack album and the songs themselves ..."

Three songs here.. Four songs in the next post..

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ShankarJaikishanFan
post Jan 26 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #166

Group Icon

3 songs..

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ShankarJaikishanFan
post Jan 26 2011, 01:09 PM
Post #167

Group Icon

1 song..
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 27 2011, 02:43 PM
Post #168

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thank you SJ Fan, for helping out with "Gumrah" uploads. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:35 PM