Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Yeh Gul(zar)istan Hamara

, Films of Gulzar

17 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yeh Gul(zar)istan Hamara, Films of Gulzar
swarapriya
post May 31 2010, 01:51 AM
Post #68

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Anokha Daan (1972)

Here is another winner from Salilda. There are several good songs in this album. All songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Here are these ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 31 2010, 11:38 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post May 31 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #69

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1288

SP,

The heroine in "Anokha daan" is Archana (not Archana Puran Singh, who would have been 9 or 10 when this film came out :-) ) The film starred Anil Dhawan, Zaheera, Kabir Bedi and Archana, among others.
Archana made her debut in "BuDDa mil gaya". Don't think she did too many films. Zaheera was in a few films including "Gamber" and then faded into oblivion.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 31 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #70

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ May 30 2010, 09:30 PM) *

SP,

The heroine in "Anokha daan" is Archana (not Archana Puran Singh, who would have been 9 or 10 when this film came out :-) ) The film starred Anil Dhawan, Zaheera, Kabir Bedi and Archana, among others.
Archana made her debut in "BuDDa mil gaya". Don't think she did too many films. Zaheera was in a few films including "Gamber" and then faded into oblivion.

Thank you very mcuh SB. I made changes to my posting based on your suggestion. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 6 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #71

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Bawarchi (1972)

Here is another little "big" offering from Hrishida. Hrishida wrote the screenplay for this film from Tapan Sinha's story as well as directed it. Gulzarji wrote the witty dialogues that makes this movie a comedy that is a must watch.

Interestingly there were no title credits shown for the film but Amitabh gives them orally. (In the recent film "Paa (2009)", Jaya Bhaduri almost uses a similar technique to give the movie's credits.) Amitabh also provides the commentary in the background.

Rajesh, who was riding the height of popularity during these years of his super stardom, lives in the role of "Bawarchi" by making it at once as one of his endearingly unforgettable and sweet character roles he played.

The movie also boasts some beautiful music by Madan Mohanji. I have two favorite songs from this album. One of them is Lata's "More Naina Bahaayen Neer". The other one is by Manna Dey. Mannada who sang the song "Kaun Aaya Mere Mann Ke Dwaare" for Madan Saab in "Dekh Kabira Roya" in 1957, is here again delivering another classic song in "Tum Bin Jeevan Kaisa Jeevan". An unforgettable song only Mannada could sing ...

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2010, 01:33 AM
Post #72

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Bhool Na Jaana (1972)

It seems like there are only four songs in this movie but they all are gems. All songs are solos; three by Mukesh and one by Geetaji. Here are the details of these songs and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 9 2010, 05:56 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2010, 05:59 AM
Post #73

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Parag (Sankla) informs me that the music director for "Bhool Na Jaana" should be Daan Singh instead of Dhani Ram. I made appropriate changes to the table per his suggestions. Thank you very much Parag,

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post Jun 9 2010, 07:19 AM
Post #74

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1288

SP, the film is not from 1972 but from the 60s. The Geetkosh does not provide a specific year, maybe because the film was not released (though I am not sure of that).
The film has 3 more songs in addition to the ones that you listed:
Asha Bhonsle - Jhuka lo baDe baDe naina - Lyrics by Indivar
Manna Dey - Bahi hai jawaaN khoon ki aaj - Lyrics by Hariram Acharya
Suman Kalyanpur - Choohe dauDo billi aayi - Lyrics by Hariram Acharya

Unfortunately, I do not have any of these songs, just the ones that you already uploaded.
+Quote Post
akbaralibhai
post Jun 9 2010, 09:14 AM
Post #75

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3033

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 9 2010, 05:59 AM) *

Parag (Sankla) informs me that the music director for "Bhool Na Jaana" should be Daan Singh instead of Dhani Ram. I made appropriate changes to the table per his suggestions. Thank you very much Parag,

Cheers,
S

Thank you very much Swarapriya for Bhool Na Jaana songs, 3 wonderful solos of Mukesh.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #76

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ Jun 8 2010, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 9 2010, 05:59 AM) *

Cheers,
S

Thank you very much Swarapriya for Bhool Na Jaana songs, 3 wonderful solos of Mukesh.

You're welcome. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jun 9 2010, 09:31 PM
Post #77

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Jun 8 2010, 06:49 PM) *

SP, the film is not from 1972 but from the 60s. The Geetkosh does not provide a specific year, maybe because the film was not released (though I am not sure of that).
The film has 3 more songs in addition to the ones that you listed:
Asha Bhonsle - Jhuka lo baDe baDe naina - Lyrics by Indivar
Manna Dey - Bahi hai jawaaN khoon ki aaj - Lyrics by Hariram Acharya
Suman Kalyanpur - Choohe dauDo billi aayi - Lyrics by Hariram Acharya

Unfortunately, I do not have any of these songs, just the ones that you already uploaded.

Swarapriya

SB is right, the film is from the sixties but was not released. In fact 4 out the 7 films for which Daan Singh gave music were not released. Here is a relevant thread on his filmography by our dear Dr Mahesh

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=72997

Cheers
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #78

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thank you both SB & Parag for sharing some detials about "Bhool Na Jaana" film. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 12 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #79

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Haar Jeet (1972)

Here are songs from this album, all thanks to the courtesy of the Forum members, for which Gulzarji wrote dialogues ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 16 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #80

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Koshish (1972)

This is one daring movie because the story revolves around two deaf and mute adults and their travails through the lives. Someone told me that it was inspired by a Japanese movie. May be so or may be not so. I am not sure. May be someone can help clarify. However the credits say that Gulzarji wrote the story, screenplay, dialogues, lyrics, and directed the film.

There are only two songs in this film. The music is by the maestro Madan Mohan Saab. Music is not a significant part of the movie for obvious reasons because both of the lead players are deaf and mute.

The film received various awards. Both Jaya Bhaduri and Sanjeev Kumar in the lead roles received National acting awards for their performances.

Now for a description of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 25 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #81

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Parichay (1972)

This is the second movie Gulzarji directed this year that starred Jaya Bhaduri and Sanjeev Kumar, albeit Sanjeev had only a small and supporting role. This movie was based on the multiple Oscar winning English musical "Sound of Music" made in 1965 that was based on a true story of the plight of talented family Van Trapps of Salzburg, Austria. Only thing changed in this movie was that the role Julie Andrews played in English was changed to a male person and was played in Hindi by Jeetendra.

The Hindi film had its moments but what one still fondly remembers of it is its beautiful music composed by RD. If I am right this is how the association of Gulzar & RD started. This is the start of a great partnership. Together they were responsible for several beautiful film as well as private albums.

This probably is the second time RD utilized the talents of the singer Bhupinder. Earlier he sang in RD's "Abhilasha (1969)". Bhupinder was part of RD's orchestra team and got a break as a singer thanks to RD. In this film, Bhupinder sings a couple of beautiful songs. Especially his duet with Lata, "Beeti Na Bitaayi Raina" is an absolute beauty. The album also has one of the popular songs of Kishoreda, "Musaafir Hoon Yaaro".

I am uploading songs of this album in back-to-back two posts. The first one contains all the songs from the original soundtrack album. The second post contains some specials.

Now here are the details of the songs from the first post and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 25 2010, 10:02 AM
Post #82

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Parichay (1972)" ...

In this part I am posting a couple of extended version songs. I am also including a special version of "Beeti Na Bitaayi" with Gulzarji's introduction. This is taken from the album "Legends: R.D. Burman - The Versatile Composer (CD 2)". The other is a version song by Amit of "Musaafir Hoon Yaaro".

Here are these songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

17 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 12:21 AM