Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Saat Saath

, Musings & Amusings

146 Pages V « < 64 65 66 67 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saat Saath, Musings & Amusings
swarapriya
post Feb 3 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #963

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Amitabh) Don (1978)

(Note: The following post is from an earlier write up of mine in another posting.)

The producer of the movie was the ace photographer Norman Irani. Earlier he made a movie called “Zindagi Zindagi (1972)” that was a financial disaster. Irani was in extreme financial strain and couldn’t meet his loan payments. While he was working with Manoj Kumar on his “Roti Kapda Aur Makaan (1984)”, some of the cast members of that movie including Amitabh, Pran, and Zeenat and the assistant director Chandra Barot decided to help out Irani. They procured the script of “Don” from the writing team of Salim & Javed. The writing team shelved this project because they couldn’t find any takers for the storyline. Thus the team to make “Don” was formed.

Before the movie was finished, Irani died in an accident. Everyone involved decided to finish the movie by taking salary cuts. Zeenat Aman did not take any salary. At Manoj’s suggestion, the song “Khaike Paan Banaaraswaala” was added as an after thought. The film was released without the usual ballyhoo. After a week the film was completely going unnoticed and was virtually written off. Then it suddenly took off as the song “Khaike” became a sensational rage and the movie also became a huge hit. With profits from the movie, Irani’s widow was able to settle all her debts.

Sometime back I was in a concert show; I believe it was Amit Kumar’s. During the show he recited the story of how the song “Khaike” came about. The music director duo was ready to record the song and Kishoreda arrived to sing. He tried a few times to sing the song and wasn’t too happy the way it was going, so he refused to go ahead with the recording. Anandji had an idea. He sent someone out to bring some of the best Benaras paans available. When the paans arrived, Kishoreda sprang to his feet, took a couple and started eating them. While still eating the paans, he told KA that he was ready to sing. The song was recorded without any further hitch. I guess behind every classic song there is a story to tell …

The movie won several Filmfare awards including the Best Actor for Amitabh, the Best Female Playback Singer for Asha for the song “Yeh Mera Dil”, and the Best Male Playback Singer for Kishoreda for “Khaike Paan Banaaraswaala”.

In 2005, the singing group “Black Eyed Peas” used a sample of the song from this movie, “Yeh Mera Dil”, for one of their hit songs. That song fetched them a Grammy. Broadcast Music Incorporate (BMI) of USA rewarded KA with their award for being the source for the Grammy winner.

“Don” was made into several languages including many times in Hindi. The first Telugu version was called “Yugandhar”.

In this post I am uploading a couple of specials. The song "Khaike Paan" has a real brief introduction by Kishoreda himself. This was taken from the album "Legends: Kishore Kumar - The Versatile Genius (CD 5)". Another special song I am uploading is that of "Yeh Mera Dil". This has a real nice introduction by Kalyanji who talks fondly about Asha's singing abilities. This one is taken from the album "Legends: Asha Bhosle - The Enchantress (CD 5)".

Now for the songs of this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 4 2011, 12:04 AM
Post #964

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dharmendra) Kankan De Ole (1970)

Here are the songs from this Punjabi album with Rafi Saab singing all the songs, two solos and three duets, all with Usha Timothy...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 5 2011, 01:39 AM
Post #965

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Jeetendra) Santan (1976)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory. These are available from the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=1595

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 7 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #966

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Manoj) Santosh (1984)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in this post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 7 2011, 02:17 PM
Post #967

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Santosh (1984)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 8 2011, 04:37 AM
Post #968

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Raaj) Dharam Kanta (1982)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Rajesh Khanna" thread in this directory and are available from the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...8328&st=544

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 9 2011, 04:35 AM
Post #969

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajendra) Gora Aur Kala (1972)

Following are the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 9 2011, 10:16 PM
Post #970

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sunil) Pran Jaye Per Vachan Na Jaye (1974)

If not for anything else, this film will be remembered as the last film in which Asha and OP worked together. It is a pity the association that gave so many unforgettable songs together have to end their relationship this abruptly. But even then the pair left with a bang ...

Asha was bestowed with numerous awards, including the Filmfare Award as the Best Singer for the song "Chain Se Hum". Interestingly in the end the song was not even included in the movie.

The album, not unusually for a typical OP's album, is all Asha. Out of seven songs she has six solos. The other is a brief snippet by Rafi Saab. Almost every song by Asha is a real beauty. I am uploading all these songs from an original soundtrack album below.

Here are the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
anand
post Feb 10 2011, 05:45 AM
Post #971

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7780

QUOTE(debjyoti @ Nov 17 2010, 11:24 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 16 2010, 04:20 AM) *

(Dharmendra) Khamoshi (1969)

(Note: Most of the following write up is borrowed from my earlier posting of this film in this Forum.)

Here is one of my favorite films. It is probably one of the finest movies ever made in Hindi. With a great performance by Waheeda and a haunting score by Hemantda, the movie is close to a masterpiece in filmmaking. Many of the songs from this movie just linger on and on even after many listenings.

Gulzarji wrote some outstanding lyrics for the film. It has only five songs but all of them are very beautiful. Particularly, Hemantda's song "Tum Pukar Lo" with the melancholic voice that resonates with deep feelings gives one a shatteringly helpless experience. In the movie this was filmed on Dharmendra. It reminds another outstanding song Hemantda sang for Dharmendra in “Anupama (1966)”, “Ya Dil Ki Suno”, also composed by Hemantda. Then there is Kishoreda's beautiful song "Woh Shaam Kuchh Ajeeb Thi". This and Hemantda's songs are my personal favorites from this movie. Also, Lataji's number, "Humne Dekha Hai" is not far behind these songs.

This movie originally was made in Bengali. "Deep Jwele Jai", made in 1959, starred Suchitra Sen in the lead and had the music composed by Hemantda. That movie is now considered a classic. It had Hemantda's song "Ei Raat Tomar Amar" that is considered as one of the greatest romantic songs in Bengali. This is the same tune Hemantda used for the Hindi version of the song, "Tum Pukar Lo".

Incidentally, this film also was made in Telugu as "Chivaraku Migiledi". This 1961 film starred the greatest Telugu film actress Savitri, who gave performance of her lifetime.

There was another remake of this film that was released in 2005, "Kyon Ki". Karishma Kapoor reprised the role played by Suchitra Sen, Savitri, and Waheeda in Bengali, Telugu, and Hindi respectively.

Sometime back there were plans to make this film in English. It was to star Jennifer Aniston, who became popular starring in a TV sitcom called "Friends". But the buzz about the remake has died down. Seems like the idea of remaking the movie is either scrapped or in the back burners, at least for now.

I am uploading the songs of "Khamoshi" in two back-to-back postings. The first post has all the songs from an original soundtrack album. The second post has several specials.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves from the first post...

Swarapriya sis,just one thing.The tune of tum pukar lo is not the same as ei raat tomar amar of Deep Jele Jai film.The hindi version of ei raat tomar amar is the song yeh nayan dare dare from Kohra(1964),sung and composed by Hemant Kumar.

dear debjyoti bhai u r correct in saying that ei raat tomar amar was repeated as yeh nayan dare dare but if u listne yo the song once again u will find that the initial humming by hemant da for this song is same as he did in tum pukar lo, so in a way swarpriya is correct. i am u/l the song for ready refrence.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 11 2011, 04:52 AM
Post #972

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Amitabh) Ganga ki Saugand (1978)

I am uploading songs from this fine album in two back-to-back posts. Kishore's solo, "Roop Jab" and Lata's "Maano Toh" are highlights of this album.

Here are the songs in the first post...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Feb 12 2011, 12:22 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 11 2011, 04:58 AM
Post #973

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Ganga ki Saugand (1978)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 12 2011, 12:21 AM
Post #974

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dharmendra) Tum Haseen Main Jawan (1970)

Here are the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 13 2011, 05:10 AM
Post #975

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Jeetendra) Udhar Ka Sindur (1976)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory and are available from the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry686417

+Quote Post
ayyagari
post Feb 13 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #976

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 53508

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 12 2011, 12:21 AM) *

Here are the songs from this album...

I think "Munne Ki Amm" is sung by KK and Pankaj Mitra

Madhu
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 14 2011, 04:16 AM
Post #977

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ayyagari @ Feb 13 2011, 03:56 AM) *

I think "Munne Ki Amm" is sung by KK and Pankaj Mitra

Madhu

Madhu, I will be happy to change but would like someone else to verify this because you're not definite about it.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 64 65 66 67 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 06:53 AM