Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Saat Saath

, Musings & Amusings

146 Pages V « < 56 57 58 59 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saat Saath, Musings & Amusings
swarapriya
post Dec 10 2010, 09:07 AM
Post #850

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Concluding Songs from "Dus Numbri (1976)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 12 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #851

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Raaj) Pakeezah (1972)

This movie was conceived around 1960 by Kamal Amrohi. He wanted to make a movie that ages will remember Meena Kumari, his actress-wife, as one of the greatest actresses ever. Amrohi Saab was a perfectionist, much like Asif of “Mughal-E-Azam” fame. He was behind everything in making of the movie; music, photography, sets, costumes, art, acting, editing, story, dialogues, lyrics, screenplay, and other areas.

As the color pictures started becoming vogue, Amrohi Saab scrapped the movie he was shooting because it was being done in black and white. After a few months of shooting, he scrapped the partly shot color film again. He felt that ordinary lenses could not do justice to the elaborate sets designed for his movie. He restarted shooting the film in cinemascope, which is a special lense.

Also, Amrohi was into each and every detail in making the movie, the schedules slipped badly. Meena Kumari got busy and was not easily available. Then the relationship between Amrohi and Kumari soured and they eventually were divorced. After the divorce, Meena Kumari refused to act in the movie. By 1968, Kamal Amrohi’s financial situation deteriorated. He was hoping to complete “Pakeezah”. Meena Kumari’s roles as an actress were also few about this time. She decided to resume shooting for the movie.

In between years, Ghulam Mohammad Saab, the music director passed away after composing several songs. Also, the original cameraman passed away. The movie was to resume with Dharmendra in the lead but Amrohi scrapped the idea as it was rumored that he was romantically involved with Kumari. Raaj Kumar was brought in. Naushadji was brought in to finish the musical score.

In the final version of the movie, only six songs of Ghulam Mohammad Saab were used. Naushadji composed three new songs as well as the title music. He also scored the background music which itself is considered to be a classical masterpiece. The songs composed by Ghulam Mohammad Saab that didn’t make into the film were released as a separate album years later as “Pakeezah Rang Barang”. It has nine separate tracks.

Apparently there were three songs which Naushadji composed that didn’t make the final cut. These were “Ban Ban Bole Koyaliya” by Parveen Sultana, “Mori Baali Umariya Mein” by Rajkumari, and “Ab Ke Na Jaa Bides”, also by Rajkumari. I don’t know whether these songs are available or not. If they are available, I am inviting members to share them if they can.

As a musical experience, this probably was the best one by Ghulam Mohammad Saab. He enjoyed only a limited success as a composer and as an occasional actor. (See the attached picture. Sorry, I couldn’t find a better one.) He also worked as an assistant to Naushadji. Unfortunately, he didn’t live long enough to se the musical masterpiece he has created.

The movie, which is a milestone in the Hindi film industry, wasn’t honored with any noteworthy awards. It was nominated in few categories for Filmfare awards, but scraped up only one. It was nominated as the Best Picture and lost to the lousy film “Be-Imaan”. Kamal Amrohi lost to Sohanlal Kanwar as the Best Director. Kanwar directed “Be-Imaan”. Meena Kumari lost to Hema Malini as the Best Actress. Hema won for “Seeta Aur Geeta”. Ghulam Mohammad Saab was nominated for the Best Music Director Award but lost to Shankar & Jaikishan for “Be-Imaan”. Not something to be proud of by S&J, I am sure. The only Filmfare Award it won was the Filmfare Critics’ Award for N.B. Kulkarni in the Best Art Direction category. When Pran’s name was called as the Best Supporting Actor for “Be-Imaan”, he refused saying that the snub by the Award Committee to Ghulam Mohammad Saab was too much to take.

There are more stories of recognizing the undeserved like this year 1972. It happens year after year but this one takes the cake. I think the 1972 Filmfare Awards put many people to shame, including most of the winners.

I am uploading songs in four separate back-to-back posts. The first two posts are the ten songs from the film and a couple of specials. The last two posts contain the songs from “Pakeezah Rang Barang”.

Here are details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves. I am including a couple of specials in this post. One of them is the song "Chalte Chalte" with Lata's introduction. This is taken from her album "Lata in Her Own Voice-1". The other one is the song "Inhi Logo Ne". This one is a live recorded version. This is from the album "Lata Live in 1981-1".

Now for the songs…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 12 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #852

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Pakeezah (1972)" Continued...

Here are the rest of the songs from "Pakeezah". Of the five songs, four were composed by Naushadji when he stepped in to finish the work Ghulam Mohammad Saab started. Only the duet in this post was composed by Mohammad Saab.

Here are the songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 12 2010, 04:07 PM
Post #853

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs from "Pakeezah Rang Barang (1979)"

There were nine other songs that were composed by Ghulam Mohammad Saab that were not in the released version of "Pakeezah". In 1979, an album of these songs was released. It consists of nine songs. I will post these in this and the next post.

Here are the songs from this post...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Dec 12 2010, 04:17 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 12 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #854

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Pakeezah Rang Barang (1979)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 13 2010, 01:44 PM
Post #855

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajendra) Dharti (1970)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory and are still available for downloading. You can access these songs from the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=1454

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 14 2010, 05:55 AM
Post #856

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Jai Jwala (1972)

This was one difficult album to acquire songs of. I am uploading here three of the six. I am not 100% certain about their source, but I will not be surprised if they were originally contributed by the Forum members. Thank you. I am listing in red italics the three missing songs in the table below. Please kindly share them if you can. Thank you again.

Does anyone has a clue on who this music director Kamalkant is? This probably is the first time I have heard his name. May be someone can throw some light on his professional career.

Here are the three songs I have...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 15 2010, 11:12 AM
Post #857

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Amitabh) Chala Murari Hero Nan Ne (1977)

Amitabh made an uncredited guest appearnce in this film. It also had several other celebrities as guests. The movie had Asrani in the lead who also directed it.

Here are the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Exon
post Dec 15 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #858

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 14 2010, 05:55 AM) *

Jai Jwala (1972)

This was one difficult album to acquire songs of. I am uploading here three of the six. I am not 100% certain about their source, but I will not be surprised if they were originally contributed by the Forum members. Thank you. I am listing in red italics the three missing songs in the table below. Please kindly share them if you can. Thank you again.

Does anyone has a clue on who this music director Kamalkant is? This probably is the first time I have heard his name. May be someone can throw some light on his professional career.

SP,

Thanks a lot for Jai Jwala (Puja aur Payal) songs.

Exon
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 16 2010, 02:37 AM
Post #859

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Dec 15 2010, 08:36 AM) *

SP,

Thanks a lot for Jai Jwala (Puja aur Payal) songs.

Exon

You're very welcome Exon. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 16 2010, 02:52 AM
Post #860

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dharmendra) Yakeen (1969)

Here is one of later albums of S&J with several nice songs by Rafi Saab...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Exon
post Dec 16 2010, 04:52 AM
Post #861

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 14 2010, 05:55 AM) *

Jai Jwala (1972)

SP,

Here is an extended version of the Rafi song from Jai Jwala (Puja aur Payal). Song audio originated from HF member.

Mohammad Rafi:
saaqiya itni pilaa de ke mehak jaaoon main, yeh toh mumkin hi nahin hai ke behak jaaoon main (4:55 \ 128)

Exon
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 16 2010, 06:53 AM
Post #862

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Dec 15 2010, 03:22 PM) *

SP,

Here is an extended version of the Rafi song from Jai Jwala (Puja aur Payal). Song audio originated from HF member.

Mohammad Rafi:
saaqiya itni pilaa de ke mehak jaaoon main, yeh toh mumkin hi nahin hai ke behak jaaoon main (4:55 \ 128)

Exon

Thanks for the song, Exon. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 17 2010, 07:22 AM
Post #863

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Jeetendra) Dulhan (1974)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 18 2010, 02:56 AM
Post #864

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Manoj) Amaanat (1977)

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Dec 18 2010, 03:03 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 56 57 58 59 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:29 PM