Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Saat Saath

, Musings & Amusings

146 Pages V « < 46 47 48 49 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saat Saath, Musings & Amusings
swarapriya
post Sep 9 2010, 02:06 AM
Post #696

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Sep 8 2010, 09:10 AM) *

(Amitabh) Mili (1975)

Badi Sooni Sooni (Mili) -Full version//4:28//128kbps

Thanks for the song, Debo. Cheers. -S
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 9 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #697

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dharmendra) Ankhen (1968)

Mala Sinha and Dharmendra were paired in a series of films that are remembered today for their fine music. But none of them clicked at the boxoffice. This movie is a case in point. It has some lovely songs composed to music by Ravi for beautiful lyrics written by Sahir Saab. However, the movie was a financial flop.

Here are the songs of this film from an original soundtrack album ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 9 2010, 02:26 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 10 2010, 06:08 AM
Post #698

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Jeetendra) Garam Masala (1972)

Jeetendra, along with Hema Malini and Amitabh Bachchan, made a guest appearance in this movie. Here are the songs from this film ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 11 2010, 03:40 AM
Post #699

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Manoj) Sajan (1969)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory. They are still actrive and are available at the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=1328

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 12 2010, 03:29 AM
Post #700

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Raaj) Nai Roshni (1967)

Here is another fine album from Ravi. I will upload these songs in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 12 2010, 03:38 AM
Post #701

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Nai Roshni (1967)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 12 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #702

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajendra) Suraj (1966)

If you think that all that glitters is not gold, think again. This movie is just about shallow in every respect except it was beautifully photographed with two stunningly beautiful ladies, Vyjayanti Mala and Mumtaz and same great music by Shankar & Jaikishan. That was enough to make this movie a huge hit. It walked away with several Filmfare awards, Best Music for S&J, Best Song, "Bahaaro Phool Barsaao", for Rafi Saab and Best Lyrics for Hasrat Jaipuri for the same song. Also, the movie introduced a new singer, Sharda, who sang a couple of solos. She also got an award as the Best New Singer.

But wait a minute ... Look at some other movies that should have been considered. Hemantda's beautiful "Anupma" (not even considered for any award) and of course that wonderful musical score of Burmanda for much heralded "Guide". But the Filmfare award committees have their own favorite people. Like Dilip Saab in acting category. S&J or LP in music. So on ...

I love the music from this film, yes, but Burmanda should have been recognized for "Guide". These types of instances happen with these awards so often that one starts wondering whether they are really the worth the filmgoers think they are ...

Apart from the two beautiful solos of Rafi Saab, I have one of my favorite duets of Asha and Rafi Saab in this film, "Kaise Samjhaaoon ...". It is such a great listening experience to hear these melodious songs.

Now for a description of these songs from an original soundtrack album and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ayyagari
post Sep 13 2010, 01:57 AM
Post #703

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 53508

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 12 2010, 11:01 PM) *

(Rajendra) Suraj (1966)

Some movies are made great by directors like Shantaram, Vijay Anand etc..

Some are made great by Rafi, Mukesh, Lata, etc.. and several Md's

Some (like Suraj, Be-imaan, pehchan etc.,) have greatness thrust upon them by the Filmfare Awards Committee

Madhu

There can not be a worse case of sacrilage than 'Be-imaan' getting the best music award ahead of 'Paakeezah'
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Sep 13 2010, 04:46 AM
Post #704

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

"Kis tarah jeetay hain yeh log, dikha do yaaron"

"jitni likhi thi muqadar mein"

these great renditions will remain unmatched for ever. I feel sorry for current composers that they could not get the opportunity to work with the Emperor Rafsiahab.

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Sep 13 2010, 04:49 AM
Post #705

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(ayyagari @ Sep 13 2010, 01:57 AM) *

There can not be a worse case of sacrilage than 'Be-imaan' getting the best music award ahead of 'Paakeezah'

You have my vote on this one. Film fare awards are no measure of true greatness, if that was the case Rafisahab would have got all of them.

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 13 2010, 10:17 PM
Post #706

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sunil) Padosan (1968)

Until late 40’s most South Indian language films were made in Calcutta because there were no studios anywhere in the south. But things started changing soon as studios like Gemini, Bharani, Vauhini and others started sprouting up in Madras. Because of the Bengali connection, there was always a fascination of Bengali stories in the South.

It all started with a comedy called “Pakka Inti Ammaayi” in 1953. This Telugu film was actually made in Calcutta by its producers, East India Company. The main reason for this was that the company itself was from Calcutta. Also, the film was based on a Bengali story. A year before, Sudhir Mukherjee made it is story into a movie called “Pasher Bari”. The Telugu version starred Telugu comedian Relangi (Sunil Dutt in Hindi version), Anjali Devi (Saira in Hindi) as his love interest. The playback singer A.M. Raja starred in the role Kishoreda played in the Hindi version. This was the first for A.M. Raja as an actor. The movie was a hit. Years later, in 1960, it was remade in Tamil as “Adutha Veettu Penn”. The Tamil version had T. Ramchandran as the hero, Anjali Devi again as the love interest, and Tangavelu. Based on this very story, with very little changed, Mahmood made “Padosan” in 1968. This was remade in Telugu in 1980 with Chandra Mohan as the simpleton hero, Jaya Sudha as his love interest, music director Chakravarti in Mahmood’s role, and the famous singer S.P. Balasubramanyam (affectionately known as Balu) in Kihsoreda’s role.

“Padosan” was a great comedy and its songs are an absolute delight. The jugalbandi between Manna Dey and Kishoreda was the highlight of the film. I read a column that stated that Mannada wasn’t too happy about the fact that in the movie he loses to Kishoreda because he felt that in private life being a trained classical singer that he is losing to Kishoreda who had no such training wasn’t really fair. I don’t know how far this story is true because this was just a movie and not the real thing. Mannada also is a great professional.

I read an article where Sunil Dutt confides that he was ill at ease in acting in the comedy role of the hero. He almost backed off, but both Mahmood and Kishoreda encouraged him to not to worry. While shooting Sunil Dutt admitted to have many retakes done, especially those in which he and Kishoreda were together. While shooting these scenes Sunil couldn’t help himself but used to crack up with Kishoreda’s antics. Each time something like that happened it took some time for him to get his composure back and ready for the retake.

I had hard time finding songs of the 1953 Telugu movie. I was able to get only one song. I will upload it after this song with a small feature on A.M. Raja, right in this section, after uploading Hindi songs. I will also upload the songs of 1980 Telugu version.

I am uploading several extras with all the songs from the film from an original soundtrack album. In the second post, I am including “Bhai Battoor” song which has a lovely introduction by Lata who talks glowingly about RD. I am also including a combined version of “Mere Saamnewaale” that has both sad and happy versions together albeit neither one is a complete song. This is from he album “Legends: R.D. Burman – The Versatile Composer (CD 1)”. I am also uploading Amit’s and Abhijeet’s versions of “Kehna Hai” from their respective private albums.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 13 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #707

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Padosan (1968)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album including several specials. I am including “Bhai Battoor” song which has a lovely introduction by Lata who talks glowingly about RD. I am also including here a combined version of “Mere Saamnewaale” that has both sad and happy versions together albeit neither one is a complete song. This is from the album “Legends: R.D. Burman – The Versatile Composer (CD 1)”. I am also uploading Amit’s and Abhijeet’s versions of “Kehna Hai” from their respective private albums.

Here are these songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 15 2010, 06:39 AM
Post #708

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Amitabh) Sholay (1975)

This movie became a phenomenon through out India as it went on to establish a record after record at the box office. It ran successfully for over five years. It grossed an astounding figure of nearly 800 crores of Rupees. It celebrated the golden jubilee in over 60 theatres. It ran over 25 weeks in more than 100 theatres. BBC declared it as the “Film of the Millennium”. Even though “Sholay” snubbed originally, Filmfare gave recently the award for it as the Best Film in 50 Years.

The movie was based on a simple idea. It was a story of revenge molded after several successful westerns. Yet it is surprising why this movie became such an unprecedented rage among filmgoers. The biggest answer lies in the character played by the great Amjad Khan, Gabbar Singh, molded after a real life dacoit of the same name. Khan Saab (son of the great actor, Jayant) made his acting debut as the sadistic dacoit in this movie. With the memorable performance he gave one would think that he probably was a veteran actor and the one who was not making his film debut. He was absolutely fabulous. Apparently he prepared for the role by reading Taroon Bhaduri’s book “Abhishapth Chambal” which chronicled the doings of dacoits of Chambal valley. Taroonji was the father of Jaya Bhaduri. Interestingly Khan Saab was not the original choice of the producers. They wanted Danny Denzongpa for the role. But Danny was away in Afghanistan shooting for Feroze Khan’s “Dharmatma (1975)” and was not immediately available.

I think the song “Mehbooba O Mehbooba” by RD was another chief contributor to the success this movie enjoyed. RD did such a splendid job with his vocals and the music he composed for the film fuses Indian sounds with elements of Afro-Cuban, Arabic, and Latin was just fabulous. Especially the background score where Gabbar Singh located in a desolate rocky terrain gives one that eerie feeling.

Both the romantic pairs got hitched while preparations to make this movie were going on. Few months before the movie was to be launched, Jaya and Amitabh were married. Soon after that Jaya got pregnant delaying the shooting of the movie. Also, besides being already married and with children, garam Dharam was after Hema’s affections. Originally Dharam wanted to play the role of Thakur (eventually played by Sanjeev Kumar). He was informed that then Sanjeev will get the role of Veeru. When he learned that Veeru will get the girl in the movie, as Sanjeev proposed to Hema only a few months back, Dharam changed his mind quickly and took Veeru’s role. Dharam used to bribe the light boys while shooting so that he can have several retakes with Hema. Incidentally, Hema does not appear with Sanjeev in any scenes in the movie. This was done at her request because she did not want to be near him.

Shatrughan Sinha was considered for the role of Jai, but Dharmendra persuaded the director to have Amitabh play the role. Amitabh also went to the director to convince him that he would be the right choice to play Jai.

The movie was shot near Bangalore. The rocky terrain, called Ramanagaram, where the movie was shot is now a tourist attraction. Parts of Ramanagaram were renamed as “Sippy Nagar”. The village that was built for the movie was left intact by the producers.

“Sholay” was the first Hindi movie to be shot in stereophonic sound. It was also presented in the 70mm widescreen format. The song “Chaand Sa Koi” is not in the movie. After the song was recorded, the director Ramesh Sippy decided to not include it in the movie. So the song was never picturized. Anand Bakshi Saab, the lyricist, was one of the co-singers of the song.

I am uploading songs from this film in back-to-back two posts. The first post contains all the songs from the film. The second post contains several extended version songs and some specials.

Here is a description of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves …

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 15 2010, 06:50 AM
Post #709

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Sholay (1975)" ...

I am including in this post three extended version songs and two specials. The song "Mehbooba" was recorded live and is taken from the album "Legends: R.D. Burman - The Versatile Composer (CD 3)". I am also including a beautiful instrumental of the song "Mehbooba" by the Kronos Quartet group. This is taken from the album "You've Stolen My Heart".

Here are these songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 16 2010, 03:02 AM
Post #710

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dharmendra) Baazi (1968)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory and are available at the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=1275

+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 46 47 48 49 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 01:45 AM