Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Saat Saath

, Musings & Amusings

146 Pages V « < 43 44 45 46 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saat Saath, Musings & Amusings
swarapriya
post Aug 21 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #651

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Manoj) Upkar (1967)

Songs from this film are available in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory and can be accessed from the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=1045

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 22 2010, 12:17 AM
Post #652

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Raaj) Waqt (1965)

Here is a beautiful album from Ravi and Sahir Saab, as beautiful and enchanting as its principal heroine, Sadhana. Photographed in a splash of rich colors, with an all star cast, this movie was a roaring success. Yash Chopra directed this movie for his brother B.R.

Originally BR planned to have all the Kapoors act in the movie; Prithviraj, Raj, Shammi, and Shashi. It became a logistics nightmare to assemble these four together so they scrapped the idea. Only Shashi from these four remained in the movie. Balraj Sahni filled the spot for Prithviraj ji, Raaj Kumar for Raj, and Sunil Dutt for Shammi.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is a description of the songs from the first post and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 22 2010, 12:25 AM
Post #653

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Waqt (1965)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Aug 22 2010, 03:23 AM
Post #654

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 22 2010, 04:47 AM) *

(Raaj) Waqt (1965)

Here is a beautiful album from Ravi and Sahir Saab, as beautiful and enchanting as its principal heroine, Sadhana. Photographed in a splash of rich colors, with an all star cast, this movie was a roaring success. Yash Chopra directed this movie for his brother B.R.

The showstopper from Waqt was Manna Dey's lovely and lively solo Aye Meri Zohra Jabeen. Below are YT links to the song...

Live from Qatar in 2005 or 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGo3XUirq4s

FILM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf62EtCP0YY

Balraj Sahni was from Rawalpindi. When he went back to visit his hometown in 1967 after two decades of partition, the renowned Gordon College gave its former student a wonderful reception which included a student performance of this song which scored a hit with the entire audience...

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 22 2010, 11:29 AM
Post #655

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 21 2010, 02:53 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 22 2010, 04:47 AM) *

(Raaj) Waqt (1965)

The showstopper from Waqt was Manna Dey's lovely and lively solo Aye Meri Zohra Jabeen. Below are YT links to the song...

Live from Qatar in 2005 or 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGo3XUirq4s

FILM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf62EtCP0YY

Balraj Sahni was from Rawalpindi. When he went back to visit his hometown in 1967 after two decades of partition, the renowned Gordon College gave its former student a wonderful reception which included a student performance of this song which scored a hit with the entire audience...

Your point is well taken, Faraaj. This song has been imitated in so many movies too. A great song by Manna. And thanks for the pointers. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 22 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #656

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajendra) Arzoo (1965)

Here is another winner from S&J with beautiful music and beautiful Sadhana and four even more beautifully romantic songs by Lata and Rafi Saab. Hasrat Jaipuri Saab's lyrics are just as beautiful. Interestingly, Jaipuri was the only writer of the songs for this S&J album. I am not sure this ever happened when Jaipuri Saab was not teamed up with Shailendraji, when Shailendra was still alive, for a S&J movie ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ayyagari
post Aug 23 2010, 06:34 AM
Post #657

Group Icon

Member No.: 53508

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 22 2010, 12:17 AM) *

(Raaj) Waqt (1965)

SP,

I was eagerly waiting for you to post the songs of 'Bhale Abbayilu', The telugu remake of 'Waqt'. Pl. do not disappoint me.

Madhu
+Quote Post
akbaralibhai
post Aug 23 2010, 06:40 AM
Post #658

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3033

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 22 2010, 10:19 PM) *

(Rajendra) Arzoo (1965)

Here is another winner from S&J with beautiful music and beautiful Sadhana and four even more beautifully romantic songs by Lata and Rafi Saab. Hasrat Jaipuri Saab's lyrics are just as beautiful. Interestingly, Jaipuri was the only writer of the songs for this S&J album. I am not sure this ever happened when Jaipuri Saab was not teamed up with Shailendraji, when Shailendra was still alive, for a S&J movie ...

Thank a lot Swarapriya for Arzoo songs, great composition by SJ especially Aye Phoolon Ki Rani.

This post has been edited by akbaralibhai: Aug 23 2010, 06:41 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 23 2010, 09:12 AM
Post #659

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ayyagari @ Aug 22 2010, 06:04 PM) *

(Raaj) Waqt (1965)

SP,

I was eagerly waiting for you to post the songs of 'Bhale Abbayilu', The telugu remake of 'Waqt'. Pl. do not disappoint me.

Madhu

Madhu, my problem is that many times I do not know whether a film was made into Telugu or what is the name of the Telugu film that was made into Hindi. Is there an easier way to fnd this out? Give me a day or so to upload songs from the Telugu album.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 23 2010, 09:14 AM
Post #660

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ Aug 22 2010, 06:10 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 22 2010, 10:19 PM) *

(Rajendra) Arzoo (1965)

Thank a lot Swarapriya for Arzoo songs, great composition by SJ especially Aye Phoolon Ki Rani.

Thank you very much Bhai Saab. I love everything Rafi Saab from this movie. Period. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 23 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #661

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ayyagari @ Aug 22 2010, 06:04 PM) *

(Raaj) Waqt (1965)

SP,

Madhu

Well Madhu. I have posted some of the songs from this album in the "Hamara Forums > Music > Regional Music > Telugu" directory. They are available at the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=89552

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Aug 23 2010, 12:14 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 23 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #662

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sunil) Hamraaz (1967)

This film became a hit inspite of a new face, Vimi, who was simply wooden in her looks and portrayal. But it was other actors and some great music that lifted the film from the ordinary. The combination of Ravi and Sahir proved once again to be a one-two punch as they continue their success as a team. Mahendra dominates the album with all five songs, four beautiful solos and a lovely duet. I have a favorite from this lovely album. It is Mahendra's solo "Tum Agar Saath Dene Ka". Beautifully written. Sung with a lot of passion to a melodious composition. An unforgettable song.

I am uploading all of the osngs of this film from an original soundtrack album. Here is a description of these songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 25 2010, 03:08 AM
Post #663

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Amitabh) Deewaar (1975)

“Deewaar” is an example of an outstanding Indian cinema. Everything about this film, almost everything, is just marvelous craftsmanship. The gripping story was a cleverly juxtaposed urbanized versions of Mehboob’s “Mother India (1957)” and Dilip’s “Guna Jumna (1961)”. But the way it was presented with one of the greatest performances ever seen on an Indian screen, by Amitabh, the movie was just riveting. It was almost spellbinding in the way the director treats the subject matter. Powerful dialogues by the story and screenplay writers Salim and Javed also help. I don’t believe that Yash Chopra, who directed this movie, was ever this good before this movie or after this.

The movie originally was to be made with a different producer with Shatrughan Sinha and Navin Nischol playing brothers. But the writing team developed differences with the producer and the story was sold to Gulshan Rai. Rai wanted to cast Waheeda in the mother’s role but Yash was already directing she and Amitabh in “Kabhi Kabhie” as wife and husband so decided against it. Vyjayanti Mala was offered the role, but she declined it. Finally Nirupa Roy was cast in the role.

Interestingly, 1975 was a banner year for Amitabh. His history making “Sholay” was also released the same year. But with this film Amitabh once for all solidified his position in the film industry as the “Angry Young Man” of the screen with his mesmerizingly powerful portrayal. The movie also introduced a new type of heroine in Parveen Babi to the screen. Babi was not new but the role she played was so atypical. She played a liberated woman. She drank alcohol, smoked cigarettes, and slept with her lover out of wedlock, almost everything against the established norms of Hindi film heroines.

Salim & Javed apparently developed the script so tight that originally the movie was not to have any songs in the film. But both the producer and director decided to add songs almost as an afterthought. This may be one reason, this movie that has everything going for it, I believe is a little let down with its music. The songs are actually not that bad. I like them more now than when I first heard them. Still, the song “Kehdoon Tumhen” was a chartbuster.

The movie was nominated for so many awards. It walked away with seven Filmfare awards. Best Picture, Best Director, Best Story, Best Screenplay, Best Dialogues, Best Sound, and Best Supporting Actor (Shashi). Amitabh was nominated in the Best Actor category but lost to Sanjeev Kuamr for “Aandhi”. I think Sanjeev was great in “Aandhi” but his performance was not any thing close to that of Amitabh’s. Amitabh breathed fire into his role and in some scenes you cringe in pain and empathize with his melancholy and unbearable suffering. All in all an unforgettable performance that should have been recognized.

The movie was remade in Tamil and Telugu. I will upload songs from the Telugu film, “Mogaadu”, following the Hindi songs.

Now for a description of the songs and the songs themselves …

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 25 2010, 03:16 AM
Post #664

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Magaadu (1976) - A Telugu Film

This film was based on the Hindi hit "Deewaar (1975)". I am uploading three songs I have and not sure whether there are more. if so, please share the missing songs. Thank you.

Here are the three songs I have ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ayyagari
post Aug 26 2010, 12:52 AM
Post #665

Group Icon

Member No.: 53508

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 25 2010, 03:08 AM) *

(Amitabh) Deewaar (1975)

Amitabh was nominated in the Best Actor category but lost to Sanjeev Kuamr for “Aandhi”. I think Sanjeev was great in “Aandhi” but his performance was not any thing close to that of Amitabh’s.

Filmfare awards are many times a Joke. Films like 'Beimaan' getting 7 awards (including best music, winning over 'Pakeezah'), Music of 'Suraj' winning over 'Guide', Rishi Kapoor in 'Bobby' winning over Amitabh in 'Zanjeer' and Sanjeev Kumar in 'Koshish' (This must take the cake) : the list will be half as long as the total awards list

Madhu
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 43 44 45 46 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:36 PM