Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Saat Saath

, Musings & Amusings

146 Pages V « < 32 33 34 35 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saat Saath, Musings & Amusings
swarapriya
post Jun 22 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #488

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Jun 21 2010, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 21 2010, 08:21 PM) *

(Rajendra) Amar Rahe Yeh Pyaar (1963)

Here are the songs from this album, all by the courtesy of the Forum members ...

SP, I think Laakhon Log Chale Hain and Dekho Te Dukhiyon should be the same song. Also, I'm not sure if Dil Dhadke Aanchal Sarke is from this film.

Aditya

Thank you very much Aditya for catching my error. I made changes to the table per your recommendations. -S

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 22 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #489

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sunil) Yeh Rastey Hain Pyar Ke (1963)

This movie was loosely based on the much publicized case of Nanavati, a Sindhi naval officer, and Ahuja, a Parsi businessman. Nanavati was accused of murdering Ahuja because of the affair he was having with his Anglo-Indian wife. The case became very sensationalized as the editor of the weekly magazine "Blitz", R.K. Karanjia took it personally supporting Nanavati's release. Nanavati was found guilty of the murder as charged and was eventually sentenced to jail. This was the last jury trial in India as soon after this the President of India did pardon Nanavati thus pleasing both Parsi and Sindhi communities. Because of the inconsistencies of a jury trial it was abandoned. Nanavatis decided to leave India.

Sunil plays the role of Nanavati. Beautiful Leela Naidu plays his wife. Rehman gives an admirable performance as Ahuja. Half way through making this movie, producers ran out of money and decided to abandon the project. Sunil came to its rescue. He bought the movie rights and went on to finish and release it under his banner of Ajanta Arts.

In spite of all the publicity the real incident generated, it was expected that movie will do well. Unfortunately, it only enjoyed moderate success. One of the great assets of the movie was its music composed by Ravi. Almost all songs in the movie were huge hits. All solos by Asha and Rafi Saab and that beautiful duet by Asha and Rafi, "Yeh Khaamoshiyaan" are standouts of this album.

I am uploading below all songs from this original soundtrack album. Now for a description of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 22 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #490

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Yeh Rastey Hain Pyar Ke (1963)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful hit album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 24 2010, 04:21 AM
Post #491

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Amitabh) Benaam (1974)

Songs from this fine album were recently uploaded by surhallji in the "Rahul Dev Burman" thread in the
"Legends > Legendary Music Directors" directory. You can access these songs from the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry664005

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 24 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #492

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dharmendra) Mohabbat Zindagi Hai (1966)

This is another beautiful offering from OP where every song is an utter delight. The standout song of the album is Asha's seductively sweet number "Raaton Ko Chori Chori". Asha is just mesmerizing the way she puts all her feelings in singing this song giving that unusual emotional lift.

I am uploading all songs from an original soundtrack album in the first two posts. In the third post I have a couple of extended version songs.

Here are the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 24 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #493

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "Mohabbat Zindagi Hai (1966)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful original soundtrack album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 24 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #494

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Mohabbat Zindagi Hai (1966)" ...

Here are a couple of extended version songs from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 25 2010, 11:37 PM
Post #495

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Jeetendra) Banphool (1971)

Here is yet another beautiful album from the ever so dependable LP ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
romesh
post Jun 26 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #496

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58160

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 13 2010, 03:05 AM) *

(Rajendra) Santaan (1959)

I am uploading four songs from this album. Two of them came from CD collections. The other two are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. It appears that I may be missing three more songs shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, and if you happen to have any of them, please kindly share them with rest of us. Thank you.

Here are the four songs from this album ...

dear SP

here is the longer version of bole yeh dil ka ishara--3.40mts @160kbps

quote=romesh
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 26 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #497

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(romesh @ Jun 25 2010, 08:55 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 13 2010, 03:05 AM) *

(Rajendra) Santaan (1959)

I am uploading four songs from this album. Two of them came from CD collections. The other two are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. It appears that I may be missing three more songs shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, and if you happen to have any of them, please kindly share them with rest of us. Thank you.

Here are the four songs from this album ...

dear SP

here is the longer version of bole yeh dil ka ishara--3.40mts @160kbps

quote=romesh

Thank you very much Romesh for the extended version of the song. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Jun 26 2010, 03:12 PM
Post #498

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 21 2010, 03:04 AM) *

(Raaj) Godaan (1963)

Here is an altogether delightfully different type of album with some absolutely beautiful songs that sound very very different than the ones we hear day to day. The main reason is that Pandit Ravi Shankar is its music director. For the handful of films he composed music for, he always gave a different touch. This album is no exception.

Here are these vividly different but very melodious songs from an original soundtrack album ...

This film is based on a famous novel of the same name by Premchand. Its considered by some to be the greatest hindi novel of the 20th century, although it was originally written in Urdu. I've read the excellent english translation which is quite famous in its own right. Apart from being a moving and very readable work of literature, it also educates one on rural traditions in early 20th century India and the Gandhi influence is obvious in the glorification of rural life and humility. I highly recommend the book...

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 27 2010, 03:38 AM
Post #499

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Jun 26 2010, 02:42 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 21 2010, 03:04 AM) *

(Raaj) Godaan (1963)

Here is an altogether delightfully different type of album with some absolutely beautiful songs that sound very very different than the ones we hear day to day. The main reason is that Pandit Ravi Shankar is its music director. For the handful of films he composed music for, he always gave a different touch. This album is no exception.

Here are these vividly different but very melodious songs from an original soundtrack album ...

This film is based on a famous novel of the same name by Premchand. Its considered by some to be the greatest hindi novel of the 20th century, although it was originally written in Urdu. I've read the excellent english translation which is quite famous in its own right. Apart from being a moving and very readable work of literature, it also educates one on rural traditions in early 20th century India and the Gandhi influence is obvious in the glorification of rural life and humility. I highly recommend the book...

Thanks for the info Faraaj. I did read the Hindi version. I didn't realize until now that Munshi Premchandji wrote this originally in Urdu. His other fine work that was made into a movie was that of Sadhana-Sunil Dutt starrer, "Gaban" made in 1966 ,with some beautiful music by Shankar & Jaikishan.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 27 2010, 04:54 AM
Post #500

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Manoj) Poonam Ki Raat (1965)

Kishore Sahu was one of a kind. He wrote, acted, produced and directed many films to his credit. He experimented with some altogether different themes. He is the one who introduced Bina Rai in his "Kali Ghata" in 1951. He tried unsuccessfully to bring his own daughter into movies ("Hare Kanch Ki Chudiyan (1967)". In early 60's he made a spate of movies that clicked well at the box office ("Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai (1960)", "Grahasti (1963)", and "Ghar Basa Ke Dekho (1963)".

"Poonam Ki Raat" was different than the most he worked with. It was not a success he hoped for but it deserved better. It was a kind of Hitchcockian style psychological thriller. It was carefully directed holding the grip on audience with taut pace and guessing suspense, and boasted some of the best music given by Salil Chowdhury. There are several beautiful songs in the film including the perennial pleaser, that haunting melody of Lata, "Saathi Re" that reminds one of Salilda's other similar and famous composition "Aaja Re" from Bimalda's unforgettable "Madhumati (1958)". The other outstanding song is the duet by Lata and Mukesh, "Tum Kahaan Le Chale Ho". Solos by Asha and Rafi Saab are other songs that are worth mentioning. All in all it is a beautiful album.

I am posting these songs in back-to-back two posts. In the first post, I am including all the songs from the original soundtrack album. In the second post I am including several extended version songs.

Now here is a description of the songs from the first post and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 27 2010, 05:03 AM
Post #501

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Poonam Ki Raat (1965)" ...

Here are extended version of most of the songs from this album. All are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 27 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #502

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Raaj) Phool Bane Angaare (1963)

This album has some great songs. All songs are very very good, but the standout of the album is the solo by Mukesh, "Chaand Aahen Bharega". A riveting romantic number the way only Mukeshji can sing. Lingers in your mind long after you listen to it and stays in your heart for ever. By the way, Mala Sinha was stunningly beautiful through out this song and might easily have inspired Anand Bakshi Saab to write this lovely song. She was very appealing as the song itself.

I am uploading these songs in back to back two posts. The first post contains the songs and the second post contains several musical pieces from the film.

Now for the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 28 2010, 10:51 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 32 33 34 35 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:55 PM