Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Saat Saath

, Musings & Amusings

146 Pages V « < 31 32 33 34 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saat Saath, Musings & Amusings
swarapriya
post Jun 15 2010, 01:59 AM
Post #473

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Concluding the Songs from "Akeli Mat Jaiyo (1963)" ...

I am posting below several extended versions of the songs from this film. The classic by Lata, "Woh Jo Milte The Kabhi", is only 19 seconds longer than the one on CD. It has no extra words in it but there is some extra music.

Here are the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 15 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #474

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sunil) Nartakee (1963)

This is another winner from Ravi with several beautiful songs. I will upload these in two back-to-back posts. Here is a description of the first set of songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 15 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #475

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Nartakee (1963)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 17 2010, 01:59 AM
Post #476

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Amitabh) Zanjeer (1973)

This is the movie Amitabh was patiently waiting to happen. After his stunning award winning debut in 1969 with Abbas's "Saat Hindustani" and even after some good roles like Hrishida's masterpiece "Anand" in 1971, Amitabh was still down on his luck as a struggling actor and was desperately trying to find his niche. Then "Zanjeer" happened. The role originally offered to the debonair Dev Anand was offered to Amitabh when Dev turned down because there were no songs for the hero!

In a way "Zanjeer" is an out and out a great cop movie that redefined a Hindi film hero, the one who fights back for the justice, the one who is brooding and angry. In a nutshell an "Angry Young Man" was born. However, unfortunately the movie also brought on an abrupt end to good romantic films which were elevated to some what of a higher status with series of hits by the Superstar Rajesh Khanna. Now the films became solely action oriented. Movies in which women have any good role to play just about disappeared.

"Zanjeer" was a well conceived and well directed taut thriller with a superb performance by Amitabh and an equally endearing performance by Pran. The movie took away several Filmfare awards. The writing team of Salim & Javed were awarded for the Best Story and the Best Screenplay. Mahadik walked as the Best Editor for his crisp editing that kept the movie's suspense at a taut pace. Finally, Gulshan Bawra won for the Best Lyrics for that great Manna's song "Yaari Hai Imaan Mera". All well deserving awards.

The film was made into Telugu the very next year with N.T. Rama Rao playing the lead. It also became a super hit. I will upload songs from the Telugu version, "Nippulaanti Manishi", following uploads of the Hindi songs.

Now for a description of the songs from an original soundtrack album and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 17 2010, 02:10 AM
Post #477

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Nippulaanti Manishi (1974) - A Telugu Film

This super hit Telugu film was based on Hindi "Zanjeer (1973)". Here are the songs from this film ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 18 2010, 06:24 AM
Post #478

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dharmendra) Mamta (1966)

This fine film with beautiful Suchitra Sen had some great songs by Roshan Saab. There are several good songs with some outstanding tracks like "Chhupa Lo", "Inn Bahaaron Mein", "Rahe Na Rahe Hum", and "Rahte The". Again, Majrooh Saab's lyric for "Rahte The" almost sounds like the one written by Raja Mehdi Ali Khan.

I am uploading all songs from an original soundtrack album in the first post. The second post has several specials, one being very very special.

Now for the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 18 2010, 06:33 AM
Post #479

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Mamta (1966)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album.

This post also contains a couple of specials. I am uploading an extended version on "Inn Bahaaron Mein". The other special is a very very special one. It is a special version of the song "Rahen Na Rahen" by Lata. It has a great introduction by none other than Noor Jehan. Madamji has some great words to say about Lata. This song is taken from the album,"Legends: Lata Mangeshkar - The Melody Queen (CD3)".

Here are these songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 19 2010, 02:28 AM
Post #480

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Jeetendra) Naya Raasta (1970)

I am uploading songs from this album in back-to-back two posts. Here are the songs in the first post ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 19 2010, 02:37 AM
Post #481

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Naya Raasta (1970)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album with all songs by Rafi Saab in this post. My favorite is the song, "Ponchh Kar Ashq" ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Jun 19 2010, 03:41 AM
Post #482

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 19 2010, 02:37 AM) *

Concluding Songs from "Naya Raasta (1970)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album with all songs by Rafi Saab in this post. My favorite is the song, "Ponchh Kar Ashq" ...

All 4 great and matchless songs. Apne andfar jhank zara mere watan.....now who can sing like this? Full justice given to the lyrics.

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 20 2010, 02:16 AM
Post #483

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Manoj) Himalay Ki God Mein (1965)

Here is another great musical from the house that gave us the ever so beautiful "Baiju Bawra (1952)" and melodious "Goonj Uthi Shehnai (1958)". Here K&A carry on the torch of the predecessor movies by composing some mellifluous music turning in several songs that are wonderful to listen to even after these many years. All solos by Lata nd Mukesh standout in this album. My most favorite of the album, I have so many favorites here, is Mukesh's "Main Toh Ek Khwaab Hoon".

Here is a description of these songs from an original soundtrack album and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 20 2010, 02:26 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 20 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #484

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Raaj) Godaan (1963)

Here is an altogether delightfully different type of album with some absolutely beautiful songs that sound very very different than the ones we hear day to day. The main reason is that Pandit Ravi Shankar is its music director. For the handful of films he composed music for, he always gave a different touch. This album is no exception.

Here are these vividly different but very melodious songs from an original soundtrack album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 21 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #485

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajendra) Amar Rahe Yeh Pyaar (1963)

Here are the songs from this album, all by the courtesy of the Forum members ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 28 2010, 08:07 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Jun 22 2010, 08:25 AM
Post #486

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 21 2010, 08:21 PM) *

Here are the songs from this album, all by the courtesy of the Forum members ...

SP, I think Laakhon Log Chale Hain and Dekho Te Dukhiyon should be the same song. Also, I'm not sure if Dil Dhadke Aanchal Sarke is from this film.

Aditya

+Quote Post
Rushin
post Jun 22 2010, 08:50 AM
Post #487

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 22828

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Jun 22 2010, 08:25 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 21 2010, 08:21 PM) *

SP, I think Laakhon Log Chale Hain and Dekho Te Dukhiyon should be the same song. Also, I'm not sure if Dil Dhadke Aanchal Sarke is from this film.

Aditya

You are right about Kavi Pardeep song, they are same.

For "Dil Dhadke Aanchal Sarke".....

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=469179

R
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 31 32 33 34 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:26 AM