Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Saat Saath

, Musings & Amusings

146 Pages V « < 23 24 25 26 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saat Saath, Musings & Amusings
swarapriya
post May 8 2010, 12:34 AM
Post #357

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Jeetendra) Himmat (1970)

Here is another offering from South with Jeetendra in the lead. Ever since his "Farz (1968)" hit the bulls eye, film producers of the South were unusually fond of Jeetendra. They made many movies with him as their hero with almost similar themes, just about with the same actors, and many times with escapism as the goal with subjects that were farcial to insignificant and offered very little to remember even after an open minded viewing. This movie proves my point.

There is no Sridevi in this, but beautiful Mumtaz is the leading lady. Sridevi's turn into Hindi films will come later. Bappi Lahiri wasn't discovered by these producers yet, so they have LP as the music director. They took the cue from the great L.V. Prasad in that for many of his movies which became huge hits in Hindi, LP was the composer. Also no Kishoreda yet to sing in these movies. That will come in only in a year or two with Bappida composing music.

In all fairness, this album has some good songs. LP is generally dependable. Eventhough they worked on several movies simultaneously, most of them had a song or two to remember by. When you have Rafi Saab at the helm and Asha giving ample support, the music of any album has to feel good.

One of the songs of Rafi Saab, "Himmat Kare", was missing curiously from the CD. Sometime back I have downloaded this from the Forum. Unfortunately its quality is less than poor. My problem with the song is not simply the quality, but thre are so many annoying skips. I tried to clean it but still it doesn't cut the mustard. I am including here for completeness sake. Please download at your own risk. Also, I am requesting members to share this song if they have a better version.

Now for the songs from this album ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 8 2010, 12:46 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 9 2010, 03:17 AM
Post #358

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Manoj) Grahasti (1963)

This popular family drama from Gemini Studios was a very successful film thanks to some fine acting by Ashok Kumar and several nice tunes by Ravi. It was successfully remade in Telugu in 1968 as "Manchi Kutumbam". I will upload songs from the Telugu version in this very same thread following the uploads of the Hindi songs.

Here are the songs from "Grahasti" ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 9 2010, 03:32 AM
Post #359

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Manchi Kutumbam (1968) - A Telugu Film

This movie was based on the Hindi hit "Grahasti (1963)". There are some nice songs in this album. It has one of my favorite songs of Susheela, "Manase Andaala Brindavanam". Here is this and other songs from this film ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 9 2010, 01:04 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
kishor
post May 9 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #360

Group Icon

Member No.: 51348

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 9 2010, 03:32 AM) *

This movie was based on the Hindi hit "Grahasti (1963)". There are some nice songs in this album. It has one of my favorite songs of Susheela, "Manase Andaala Brindavanam". Here is this and other songs from this film ...

swara priya,

The song Nera nera is sung by pithapuram nageshwara rao

Preminchuta pillavanthu has one more voice in it and thats of K J Yesudas(probably his first song in telugu)

and Missing song from your list

Tyagaseelivamma anuraga seelivamma _ Ghantasala_2.12min_1.99mb

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 9 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #361

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(kishor @ May 8 2010, 10:39 PM) *

swara priya,

The song Nera nera is sung by pithapuram nageshwara rao

Preminchuta pillavanthu has one more voice in it and thats of K J Yesudas(probably his first song in telugu)

and Missing song from your list

Tyagaseelivamma anuraga seelivamma _ Ghantasala_2.12min_1.99mb

Thank you very much Kishor for the song and filling in the missing details. Appreciate it. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 9 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #362

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Raaj) Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai (1960)

I feel so privileged to share these treasures. It is such a good fortune that this type of Forum is available where we can enjoy some beautiful music. These threads give me an opportunity to revisit some songs that are tucked away in the memory bank. This album is a case in point and is one of my favorites of S&J. I am thankful that I am able to rediscover these songs and relive some cherished memories.

This movie was directed by Kishore Sahu, who had a checkered record. But on occasion he seems to be rejuvenated. He directed various successful movies like this, "Ghar Basa Ke Dekho (1963)", and "Grahasti (1963)". The last two were made for Gemini Studios. This movie was produced by Kamal Amrohi. Meena Kumari who was the real star of this movie, just started having marital problems with Amrohi when this film was made.

Meena's presence in the movie with her sheer beauty, clad in white sarees, suffering silently makes this movie a must watch. An ordinary story. But artfully handled. An extraordinary lady. Just beautiful to look at. This movie was recently remade by Honey Irani as "Armaan (2003)" with Amitabh, Anil Kapoor, Gracy Singh, and Preity Zinta. That movie was bad in every aspect.

Apart from the magnificent Meena, the other unforgettable story of "Dil Apna" is its music. Shankar & Jaikishan were at the top of their creativity. The youthful energy and exuberance that marked their music could be easily experienced by their attentive audience when they hear these songs. In this album every song is an utter delight. One of my favorites of Lata, "Ajeeb Daastaan Hai Yeh" is from this film. Every time I hear this song, it gives me goose bumps. I may have heard it a minimum of thousand times. Never get tired of it. Powerful. Poignant. Perfect.

S&J bagged a Filmfare Award as the Best Music Directors for this film. They beat out the likes of Naushadji for "Mughal-E-Azam" and Ravi for "Chaudhvin Ka Chand". Now that says something about this music.

I am uploading all the songs from the original sound track album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 19 2011, 12:40 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 9 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #363

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs of "Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai (1960)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this evergreen album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
akbaralibhai
post May 9 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #364

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3033

Thank you very much Swarapriya for sharing Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai, SJ treasure indeed.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 10 2010, 04:28 AM
Post #365

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ May 9 2010, 09:14 AM) *

Thank you very much Swarapriya for sharing Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai, SJ treasure indeed.

It's my pleasure indeed Bhai Saab. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 10 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #366

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajendra) Dhool Ka Phool (1961)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory. They are still active and can be accessed at the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=1082

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 10 2010, 07:15 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 11 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #367

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sunil) Jhoola (1962)

Here is another winner from the team of Salilda & Rajinder Krishan. My favorite from the album is the song "Ek Samay Par". Great song by Mannada. Here is this and other songs, some of them by the courtesy of the Forum members (thank you) ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 12 2010, 08:52 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Rushin
post May 12 2010, 06:29 AM
Post #368

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 22828

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 11 2010, 10:01 PM) *

(Sunil) Jhoola (1962)

Here is another winner from the team of Salilda & Rajinder Krishan. My favorite from the album is the song "Ek Samay Par". Great song by Mannada. Here is this and other songs, some of them by the courtesy of the Forum members (thank you).

It appears that I may be missing songs shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, and if you can share, please kindly do so.

Now for the songs from this album ....

Mein To Dilli Se Dulhan Laya Re Aye Babuji is from 1942 movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xfjE89pGMc

R
+Quote Post
romesh
post May 12 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #369

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58160

QUOTE(Rushin @ May 12 2010, 06:29 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 11 2010, 10:01 PM) *

(Sunil) Jhoola (1962)

Here is another winner from the team of Salilda & Rajinder Krishan. My favorite from the album is the song "Ek Samay Par". Great song by Mannada. Here is this and other songs, some of them by the courtesy of the Forum members (thank you).

It appears that I may be missing songs shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, and if you can share, please kindly do so.

Now for the songs from this album ....

Mein To Dilli Se Dulhan Laya Re Aye Babuji is from 1942 movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xfjE89pGMc

dear SP

all the four missing songs shown in the list of jhoola-1962 are from the film jhoola-1940. If anybody want these songs i can upload

romesh
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 12 2010, 08:54 PM
Post #370

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Rushin & Romesh,

I have updated my write up to reflect your suggestions. I do have songs from 1940 "Jhoola". Just didn't look deep enough. Thanks to both of you for pointing out where the problem was.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 12 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #371

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Amitabh) Bada Kabutar (1973)

Here are the songs from this film in which Amitabh made a guest appearance ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:04 PM