Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Saat Saath

, Musings & Amusings

146 Pages V « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saat Saath, Musings & Amusings
swarapriya
post Apr 20 2010, 07:37 AM
Post #301

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Apr 19 2010, 11:44 AM) *

(Jeetendra) JigriDost (1969)
here this song friend
taiyab53
chhedo na dekho na main sharma jaaungi-3.39 mins-128 br

Thanks for sharing the song with us Taiyabji. Cheers. -S

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 20 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #302

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sunil) Hum Hindustani (1960)

Usha Khanna follows her stunning debut of "Dil Deke Dekho" in 1959 with this beautiful album. If there were any doubts whether the success of "Dil Deke Dekho" was just a flash in the pan, this movie completely erased them. Here Khanna shows that she can be versatile in handling different singers. Whereas "Dil Deke Dekho" was all Asha and Rafi Saab, in this movie she also has Lata and Mukesh sing. She also joins the fray in a duet with Geetaji. The standout songs from this album are both solos by Mukhjesh ji, "Chhodo Kal Ki Baatein" and "Raat Nikhri Huyi", and his deut with Asha, "Neeli Neeli Ghata".

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 20 2010, 10:58 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 20 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #303

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Hum Hindustani (1960)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Apr 21 2010, 01:10 AM
Post #304

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6005

The lyricist for the last 4 songs "K. Manohar" is actually Manohar Laal Khanna, father of composer Usha Khanna. He used various names like M L Khanna, Manohar and even a nick name Javed Anwar in many films he wrote lyrics for. In the late forties and early fifties he was employed with Nargis Films Arts as lyricist. He penned lyrics for as many as 12 songs for the film Darogaji (1949) under this film banner. The songs were composed by Bulo C Rani and all 12 of them were sung by young Geeta Roy.

I read it somewhere that M L Khanna passed away when Usha Khanna had just entered the film world. She too had a tough fight with the destiny.

Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Apr 21 2010, 04:27 AM
Post #305

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 20 2010, 10:51 PM) *

Usha Khanna follows her stunning debut of "Dil Deke Dekho" in 1959 with this beautiful album. If there were any doubts whether the success of "Dil Deke Dekho" was just a flash in the pan, this movie completely erased them. Here Khanna shows that she can be versatile in handling different singers. Whereas "Dil Deke Dekho" was all Asha and Rafi Saab, in this movie she also has Lata and Mukesh sing. She also joins the fray in a duet with Geetaji. The standout songs from this album are both solos by Mukhjesh ji, "Chhodo Kal Ki Baatein" and "Raat Nikhri Huyi", and his deut with Asha, "Neeli Neeli Ghata".

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

Hum jab chalein tho is a class and stylish song sung in a most uique manner by Rafisaab. One of my all time favorite song.

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
akbaralibhai
post Apr 21 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #306

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3033

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 20 2010, 10:58 PM) *

Thank you very much Swarapriya for this wonderful Usha Khanna album.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 22 2010, 09:23 AM
Post #307

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Apr 20 2010, 12:40 PM) *

The lyricist for the last 4 songs "K. Manohar" is actually Manohar Laal Khanna, father of composer Usha Khanna. He used various names like M L Khanna, Manohar and even a nick name Javed Anwar in many films he wrote lyrics for. In the late forties and early fifties he was employed with Nargis Films Arts as lyricist. He penned lyrics for as many as 12 songs for the film Darogaji (1949) under this film banner. The songs were composed by Bulo C Rani and all 12 of them were sung by young Geeta Roy.

I read it somewhere that M L Khanna passed away when Usha Khanna had just entered the film world. She too had a tough fight with the destiny.

Parag

Parag, you're an encyclopedia when it comes to sharing information like this. Thank you. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 22 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #308

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Apr 20 2010, 03:57 PM) *

Hum jab chalein tho is a class and stylish song sung in a most uique manner by Rafisaab. One of my all time favorite song.

It is a beautiful song indeed. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 22 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #309

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ Apr 20 2010, 07:17 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 20 2010, 10:58 PM) *

Thank you very much Swarapriya for this wonderful Usha Khanna album.

You're very welcome Bhai Saab. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 22 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #310

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Amitabh) Raaste Ka Patthar (1972)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded by our fellow member, neerajdivy, and are still active and available at the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=86498

Thank you very much Neeraj for the songs ...
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 23 2010, 02:40 AM
Post #311

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dharmendra) Pooja Ke Phool (1965)

This movie and the Telugu movie of 1962, "Manchi Manasulu", were based on a hit Tamil film. Whereas both Tamil and Telugu movies were huge hits, Hindi version was only an average one, "Meri Aankhon Se Koyi".

I am uploading all of the songs from the original sound track album. I will also upload songs from the Telugu fim in this section after I am done uploading the Hindi songs.

I am including here a special version of "Meri Aankhon Se" with Jagjit Singh's introduction. Jagjit Singh has some glowing words to say about Madan Mohanji's music. This song is taken from the album "Legends: Madan Mohan - The Instinctive Genius (CD 3)".

Now for the songs of "Pooja Ke Phool" ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 23 2010, 03:09 AM
Post #312

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Manchi Manasulu (1962) - A Telugu Film

This Telugu film and the Hindi film "Pooja Ke Phool (1964)" were based on a hit Tamil movie. I am uploading all the songs from this film below. A note on the music director for this movie. K.V. Mahadevan was already an established music director in the Tamil film field. He tried few movies in Telugu but not until this movie came along he was not a wellknown name among Telugu audience. This movie changed that. Especially the song, "Maama Maama Maama" became such a sensational hit, Mahadevan in music circles became known as "Maama Mahadevan". I recently read a fine article written by one of our fellow members Kishor about this and other great things about Mahadevan.

On another side note, this was the movie that established actor Nagabushanam as one of the character actors of the Telugu cinema. He played the role of a villain in this movie. (Pran reprised this in Hindi.) But the twist here is that he adds comedy touch to the villainy. It turns out that in the original Tamil movie, this role was played by the great actor M.R. Radha with similar approach. Nagabhushanam took the cue from him to make the role unforgettable and thus became a successful actor.

Now for the songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 24 2010, 12:26 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post Apr 23 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #313

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 76169

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 23 2010, 02:40 AM) *

(Dharmendra) Pooja Ke Phool (1965)

This movie and the Telugu movie of 1962, "Manchi Manasulu", were based on a hit Tamil film. Whereas both Tamil and Telugu movies were huge hits, Hindi version was only an average one, "Meri Aankhon Se Koyi".

I am uploading all of the songs from the original sound track album. I will also upload songs from the Telugu fim in this section after I am done uploading the Hindi songs.

I am including here a special version of "Meri Aankhon Se" with Jagjit Singh's introduction. Jagjit Singh has some glowing words to say about Madan Mohanji's music. This song is taken from the album "Legends: Madan Mohan - The Instinctive Genius (CD 3)".

Now for the songs of "Pooja Ke Phool" ...

One More Available in VCD
Do Ghadi Saath Rahe, Khush Rahe - Rafi - Pooja Ke Phool / Time 00:42 / Bitrate 128kbps

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Apr 23 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #314

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 23 2010, 03:09 AM) *

Manchi Manasulu (1962) - A Telugu Film

That is a nice write up SP. Thanks a lot. Never knew that this film has hindi version too. What i remember apart from the lovely songs is that Savitri looked sublime ..one of those few films where she was so svelte. As you said none can forget the villainy of Nagabhushanam... smile.gif

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post Apr 23 2010, 11:52 PM
Post #315

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1288

What was the original Tamil film? Is it "Kumudham"??
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 06:49 PM