Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Saat Saath

, Musings & Amusings

146 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saat Saath, Musings & Amusings
swarapriya
post Apr 10 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #266

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Manoj) Maa Beta (1962)

Here is another nice album by Hemantda. His duet with Lata, "Mohabbat Jisko Kehte Hain" almost sounds like that famous song of Lata from "Anarkali (1953)" "Mohabbat Aisi Dhadkan Hai". Here are the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 11 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #267

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Raaj) Paigham (1959)

This Gemini film had formidable cast and was a movie with a message about labor relations. It was a huge hit thanks to a good story and some fine performances and above all some great music. C. Ramchandra was in top form during 1950's. Anything he did, most of the time, turned out to be a pure joy to listen to. This album has several beautiful songs. My favorite is Asha's solo,"O Ameeron Ke Parameshwar".

I am uploading these songs in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of these winning songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 11 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #268

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Paigham (1959)" ...

Here are rest of the songs from this fine album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
akbaralibhai
post Apr 11 2010, 11:38 PM
Post #269

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3033

Thank you Swarapriya for this wonderful album Paigham.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 12 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #270

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ Apr 11 2010, 11:08 AM) *

Thank you Swarapriya for this wonderful album Paigham.

Sure thing, Bhai Saab. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Apr 12 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #271

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 12 2010, 02:43 AM) *

(Raaj) Paigham (1959)

This Gemini film had formidable cast and was a movie with a message about labor relations. It was a huge hit thanks to a good story and some fine performances and above all some great music. C. Ramchandra was in top form during 1950's. Anything he did, most of the time, turned out to be a pure joy to listen to. This album has several beautiful songs. My favorite is Asha's solo,"O Ameeron Ke Parameshwar".

I am uploading these songs in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of these winning songs ...

Jawaani Mein Akelepan is one of the best Asha-Rafi duets and a rare non SB Burman/OP Nayyar duet of the two singers that was great....

This post has been edited by Faraaj73: Apr 12 2010, 04:18 PM

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 13 2010, 02:51 AM
Post #272

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Apr 12 2010, 03:47 AM) *

(Raaj) Paigham (1959)
Jawaani Mein Akelepan is one of the best Asha-Rafi duets and a rare non SB Burman/OP Nayyar duet of the two singers that was great....

Indeed it is, Faraaj. The other duets C. Ramchandra composed sung by Asha and Rafi Saab that immediately come to mind are that famous song from Amar Deep (1958), "Dekh Humen Awaaz Na Dena" and a real beauty from Insaaniyat (1955), "Baansuriya Bole Madhur". Especially the latter one is very melodious.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 13 2010, 03:05 AM
Post #273

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajendra) Santaan (1959)

I am uploading four songs from this album. Two of them came from CD collections. The other two are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. It appears that I may be missing three more songs shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, and if you happen to have any of them, please kindly share them with rest of us. Thank you.

Here are the four songs from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Apr 13 2010, 03:23 AM
Post #274

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 11 2010, 10:13 PM) *

(Raaj) Paigham (1959)

SP

amazing quality of upload, very crisp and clear, well done. biggrin.gif

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Apr 13 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #275

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 13 2010, 03:05 AM) *

I am uploading four songs from this album. Two of them came from CD collections. The other two are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. It appears that I may be missing three more songs shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, and if you happen to have any of them, please kindly share them with rest of us. Thank you.

The missing songs are available in low bit rate at this link:

http://hindi-films-songs.com/satish-23.html

Aditya

+Quote Post
Exon
post Apr 13 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #276

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

SP,

Both versions of 'kehta hai pyaar meraa' song are available at the following link.
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=653123

Other missing songs are in later posts in the same thread.

Exon

This post has been edited by Exon: Apr 13 2010, 06:18 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 13 2010, 11:38 PM
Post #277

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Apr 12 2010, 02:53 PM) *

(Raaj) Paigham (1959)

SP

amazing quality of upload, very crisp and clear, well done. biggrin.gif

Thank you very much. Appreciate it. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 13 2010, 11:38 PM
Post #278

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Apr 13 2010, 12:07 AM) *

The missing songs are available in low bit rate at this link:

http://hindi-films-songs.com/satish-23.html

Aditya

Thanks Aditya. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 13 2010, 11:39 PM
Post #279

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Apr 13 2010, 05:33 AM) *

SP,

Both versions of 'kehta hai pyaar meraa' song are available at the following link.
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=653123

Other missing songs are in later posts in the same thread.

Exon

Thanks for the pointer, Exon. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 14 2010, 01:42 AM
Post #280

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sunil) Ek Phool Char Kante (1960)

Sunil Dutt did not make too many comedies. That laugh riot, "Padosan (1968)", was mostly a Kishore-Mahmood movie. This film however was a light comedy. He plays a young man whose centre of attraction is Waheeda (Ek Phool). But in order to marry her, he has to first convince all four of her uncles (Char Kante) that he is the right choice. The only problem here is that they all have different and conflicting requirements on who should be their niece's proper husband.

David Dhawan, who is notorious in making hit movies based on films from other languages, did copy this movie in his 2000 version of "Dulhan Hum Lejayenge" which starred Karishma Kapoor and Salman Khan. Only difference was that Karishma in this movie had only three uncles.

"Ek Phool Char Kante" (EPCK) had some great music by the incomparable Shankar & Jaikishan team. During this period of their professional career anything they turned out was on the mark. Theirs was an energetic team and that seeped through into their songs as rich melodies. This film has one of my alltime favorites of Mukesh in "Matwaali Naar". Mukesh sings his heart out pouring life into Shailendra's rich lyrics making it an endearing and enduring classic. EPCK also has a duet by Lata & Talat that is uncharacteristically for Talat, sung in a very racy style. But that song "Dil Aye Dil" still is very entertaining. There are two rock n roll songs sung in English by Iqbal Singh. They are also delightful.

Because of the number of songs in this album, I am uploading them in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 14 2010, 06:46 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 09:15 AM