Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Three Of A Kind

, Dev, Dilip & Kishore

67 Pages V « < 55 56 57 58 59 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Of A Kind, Dev, Dilip & Kishore
swarapriya
post Mar 14 2014, 04:24 AM
Post #841

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Dev) Des Pardes (1978)

This is another movie which Dev co-wrote, co-produced, and directed. He also introduced Tina Munim in this film. After moving away from the Burman camp, this was the second film Navketan engaged someone else give music to its films. It was Rajesh Roshan's turn this time. Previously for "Jaaneman (1976)" it was Laxmikant & Pyarelal who composed the music.

Roshan composed few good songs and Tina Munim's infectious bubbly freshness helped the movie to become a modest success. Here are the songs from this album. The second part of "Yeh Des" repeats part of the first part but is mostly music. This comes at the end of the movie.

Here are the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
HarshBhatt
post Mar 14 2014, 07:17 AM
Post #842

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8788

Hi! Swarapriya,

Thanks for uploading

This post has been edited by HarshBhatt: Mar 14 2014, 06:50 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 14 2014, 07:40 PM
Post #843

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ Mar 13 2014, 06:47 PM) *

Hi! Swarapriya,

Thanks for uploading

You're very welcome Harshji. Cheers.

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 3 2014, 06:33 AM
Post #844

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Ek Do Teen Chaar (1980)

Vijay Anand launched this movie in 70's with an all star cast that included Hema Malini, Rakhee, Parveen Babi, Tina Munim, Dev Anad, Dharmendra, Shashi Kapoor, Amjad Khan & Rishi Kapoor. Vijay Anand was producing as well as directing it. But for various reasons it got shelved. One last attempt to revive the project was in 1980. I am not sure any part of the film was ever shot. Deaths of various actors including Vijay himself finally shelved the movie for good.

If anyone else has more particulars, about who the music director was, whether any songs were ever recorded, etc please fill us in. Thank you.

Here is a still with part of the cast at the shooting of the film...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 3 2014, 06:37 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 12 2014, 06:04 PM
Post #845

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Lootmaar (1980)

After the average success met with his previous effort “Des Pardes (1978)”, Dev assembled almost all of the same cast and technicians to make this film. But the film fared poorly. Its music also did only slightly better thanks mainly to the solo by Asha, “Jab Chhaaye”. This was a chartbuster and still considered to be one of her most popular songs. Here is this and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 12 2014, 06:10 PM
Post #846

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Lootmaar (1980)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album including Ashaji's chart buster "Jab Chhaaye"...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 23 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #847

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Man Pasand (1980)

This movie was based on the multiple award winning hit English musical “My Fair Lady (1964)”. The English film was based George Bernard Shaw’s acclaimed play “Pygmalion” that starred Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison. In the Hindi film Tina Munim reprised the role of Audrey Hepburn and Dev Anand that of Rex Harrison. Dev’s introduction of the movie I am uploading here talks about this.

For a musical that it is supposed to be the film fits the bill. There are several fine songs in the movie that became very popular. For Rajesh Roshan who is the music director of the film this was his third one in a row for Dev Anand. The other two were “Des Pardes (1978)” and “Lootmaar (1980)”. Amit Khanna was a lyricist for all three films. Also, Tina Munim is in all of these three films.

My favorite songs from the album are “Chaaru Chandra” and “Sa Re Ga Ma”. Incidentally these two songs have some overlap between them. I am uploading these and other songs from the film in two back-to-back posts.

Here is the first set of songs…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 23 2014, 08:17 PM
Post #848

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Man Pasand (1980)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
neeltrivedirock
post Apr 24 2014, 12:15 AM
Post #849

Group Icon

Member No.: 99722

Thanks for this upload, this is one of my favorite albums. I was wondering if there is a cleaner version of Sa Re Ga Ma as the one uploaded, has some distortion in the middle of the song. Incidentally, every version I've heard seems to have that distortion. Is that the only version you have?

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 23 2014, 08:38 AM) *

(Dev) Man Pasand (1980)

This movie was based on the multiple award winning hit English musical “My Fair Lady (1964)”. The English film was based George Bernard Shaw’s acclaimed play “Pygmalion” that starred Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison. In the Hindi film Tina Munim reprised the role of Audrey Hepburn and Dev Anand that of Rex Harrison. Dev’s introduction of the movie I am uploading here talks about this.

For a musical that it is supposed to be the film fits the bill. There are several fine songs in the movie that became very popular. For Rajesh Roshan who is the music director of the film this was his third one in a row for Dev Anand. The other two were “Des Pardes (1978)” and “Lootmaar (1980)”. Amit Khanna was a lyricist for all three films. Also, Tina Munim is in all of these three films.

My favorite songs from the album are “Chaaru Chandra” and “Sa Re Ga Ma”. Incidentally these two songs have some overlap between them. I am uploading these and other songs from the film in two back-to-back posts.

Here is the first set of songs…

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 24 2014, 02:29 AM
Post #850

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(neeltrivedirock @ Apr 23 2014, 11:45 AM) *

Thanks for this upload, this is one of my favorite albums. I was wondering if there is a cleaner version of Sa Re Ga Ma as the one uploaded, has some distortion in the middle of the song. Incidentally, every version I've heard seems to have that distortion. Is that the only version you have?

(Dev) Man Pasand (1980)

Thank you very much Trivediji.

The song I have uploaded is from the original soundtrack CD. I went back to the DVD to see how it fares. It turns out that the DVD version is distortion free. Here it is...

Cheers,
S

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 24 2014, 02:29 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
neeltrivedirock
post Apr 25 2014, 09:40 PM
Post #851

Group Icon

Member No.: 99722

Thank you so much for your efforts. I remember in the movie, Charu Chandra and Sa Re Ga Ma were merged together so this version must have been edited. Sounds absolutely great. Thanks again.

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 23 2014, 02:59 PM) *

QUOTE(neeltrivedirock @ Apr 23 2014, 11:45 AM) *

(Dev) Man Pasand (1980)

Thank you very much Trivediji.

The song I have uploaded is from the original soundtrack CD. I went back to the DVD to see how it fares. It turns out that the DVD version is distortion free. Here it is...

Cheers,
S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 26 2014, 04:04 AM
Post #852

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(neeltrivedirock @ Apr 25 2014, 09:10 AM) *

Thank you so much for your efforts. I remember in the movie, Charu Chandra and Sa Re Ga Ma were merged together so this version must have been edited. Sounds absolutely great. Thanks again.

You are welcome.

You're right about the merged version. I duplicated the song on CD from the DVD. I also thought including "Chaaru Chandra" will be a repetition.

Cheers,
S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 7 2014, 11:39 AM
Post #853

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Swami Dada (1982)

RD is back in Dev’s camp for this film produced and directed by Dev himself. This movie also introduced Jackie Shroff in a small role. As usual in most films Dev has directed there are a whole bunch of actors playing small roles in this film as well. With Dev playing the central character these other actors come and go without making much impact to the proceedings.

Even though there are not of the caliber of songs from “Hare Rama Hare Krishna (1971)” still some good songs are in this film. I am uploading these in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 7 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #854

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Swami Dada (1982)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this movie...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 27 2014, 06:30 PM
Post #855

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Anand Aur Anand (1984)

Dev made this film to introduce his son Suneil in the lead role. He also introduced a new heroine, Natasha Sinha. But the movie did not fare well. Suneil’s next few movies also did not do well. He is a double graduate from an American University. Even though he is a trained marital artist, his small figure did not lend himself for acceptance by the film going people. He later directed a movie, “Master” in 2001. It was the first martial arts film made in India. It was also the first movie shot in China.

RD previously gave hit music to the debut films of star sons Kumar Gaurav’s (Rajendra Kumar’s son) “Love Story” in 1981 and Sunny Deol’s (Dharmendra’s son) “Betaab” in 1981. Both those films were hits. Here he got another opportunity to compose music for Suneil Anand’s (Dev Anand’s son) debut film. Though passable, the songs somehow did not have either the same spunk or the magic touch the other two movies carried with them. They were disappointing to me.

Here are the songs from this film…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

67 Pages V « < 55 56 57 58 59 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:18 PM