Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Three Of A Kind

, Dev, Dilip & Kishore

67 Pages V « < 36 37 38 39 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Of A Kind, Dev, Dilip & Kishore
taiyab53
post Jun 30 2011, 01:21 AM
Post #554

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 22 2011, 12:11 PM) *
(Dev) Jaali Note (1960)

This is a real beauty from OP. Last time when they got together for "C.I.D." in 1956, the combination of Dev & OP was a smash. This time OP still gave smashing music. But in spite of beautiful Madhubala and Shakti Samanta in the director's chair, the movie wasn't a hit. It managed only a modest business.

Here are the songs from this beauty. It appears like I may be missing a song shown in red italics shown in the table below. If indeed this is the case, please kindly share this song with rest of us if you can. Thank you.

Now here are the foot tappers. By the way the songs "Chaand Zard" and "Raat Sard" are two different songs even though at casual hearing they sound to be the same. Sometimes they are combined and presented as an extended version...

according to HFGK

all songs from JAALI NOTE are penned by RAJA MEHENDI ALI KHAN except NIGAHON PHENKA HAI & IDHAR DEKHMERA DIL are penned by ANJAAN

just a correction

thanks

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 30 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #555

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Jun 29 2011, 12:51 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 22 2011, 12:11 PM) *
(Dev) Jaali Note (1960)

This is a real beauty from OP. Last time when they got together for "C.I.D." in 1956, the combination of Dev & OP was a smash. This time OP still gave smashing music. But in spite of beautiful Madhubala and Shakti Samanta in the director's chair, the movie wasn't a hit. It managed only a modest business.

Here are the songs from this beauty. It appears like I may be missing a song shown in red italics shown in the table below. If indeed this is the case, please kindly share this song with rest of us if you can. Thank you.

Now here are the foot tappers. By the way the songs "Chaand Zard" and "Raat Sard" are two different songs even though at casual hearing they sound to be the same. Sometimes they are combined and presented as an extended version...

according to HFGK

all songs from JAALI NOTE are penned by RAJA MEHENDI ALI KHAN except NIGAHON PHENKA HAI & IDHAR DEKHMERA DIL are penned by ANJAAN

just a correction

thanks

Thank you very much Taiyabji for keeping things right. I made changes per your suggestion. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 3 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #556

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Funtoosh (1956)

Here is yet another beautiful album from the combination of Burmanda and Sahir Saab. In this Asha and Kishoreda sang all the songs with three solos and three duets by Kishoreda. I read somewhere that the song "Aye Meri Topi" was actually composed by R.D. when he was only nine years old. Incredible!

Sahir Saab paints a whole spectrum of rainbow colors with his poetry for these songs depicting different moods of gait, laughter, pathos, romance, exhilaration, tease, and serene sanity. I do have a favorite from this album. It is Kishoreda's solo "Dukhi Mann Mere". There is so much power in the words, so much deep pathos in Kishoreda's voice, and such a stirring composition by Burmanda, it leaves one spellbound. It is a relentlessly heart wrenching song.

Dev’s older brother Chetan wrote the screenplay, dialogues, and directed this movie. His younger brother Vijay, who appeared in a brief role near the beginning of the movie, was an assistant director of the film along with Amarjeet. Amarjeet, a close friend of Dev, who directed several of Dev’s movies like “Hum Dono (1961)” and “Teen Deviyan (1965)” and others was responsible for the story. Assistant music director was Jaidev (Verma). Actor Jagdish Raj, who holds the World Record as reported in the Guinness Book for acting more than anyone else as a police officer, appears near the end of the movie for a few minutes. Comedian Mahmood, who was still struggling to find his niche, appeared in a song, “Dene Waala”, with Dev in the middle of the movie. Another interesting note. If you listen closely to the music clip, “Escape Attempt Music” that I am uploading in the second post, you will notice that it begins with the tune of the famous song “Jaaye Toh Jaaye Khaan” from Dev’s earlier film “Taxi Driver (1954)” which also had music by Burmanda.

I am uploading these songs in three back-to-back posts. In the first post I am including all the songs from an original soundtrack album, plus some. These some include a couple of music bits, of which I am not sure who the singers are. These were ripped from a DVD. I will be thankful if you can help identify the singers of these two songs. There is also a slower version of “Dukhi Mann Mere”. This was contributed by Debopriyo, member of the Forum. Thank you Debo. A word of caution. This one is at a very low bit rate. Finally, the other song is by Asha, “Pyaar Mein”, is by the courtesy of our Forum member, Viraj Padhye. Thank you very much Viraj for sharing this song. This song was deleted from the movie and didn’t make many albums. It used to air apparently on the Radio Ceylon. The source for this song may have been this. It is a bit noisy and I tried to clean it. The fact that it is such a rare song makes this must for aficionados.

The second post contains several music clips from the film. These were all ripped from a DVD. Finally, in the third post I am including several extended version songs.

Here are the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 3 2011, 01:28 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 3 2011, 01:22 PM
Post #557

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "Funtoosh (1956)"...

Here are several music clips from this beautiful album. Notice that the clip "Escape Attempt Music" starts with the music of the song "Jaaye Toh Jaaye Kahaan", the hit song from Dev's earlier film "Taxi Driver (1954)" that also had music by Burmanda...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 3 2011, 01:27 PM
Post #558

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Funtoosh (1956)"...

I am uploading below some of the extended version songs from this fine musical...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
debjyoti
post Jul 5 2011, 10:20 AM
Post #559

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 53448

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 26 2011, 03:14 AM) *

(Kishore) Chacha Zindabad (1959)

I was looking to see how far back the association between Madan Mhoan ji and Kishoreda goes. It started with Madan Mohanji's second film as a composer, "Ada", released in 1951. They worked last in Chetan Anand's movie "Sahib Bahadur" released in 1975, a remake of Dev's "Afsar (1950)" which was also directed by Chetan Anand. Altogether they worked in 17 films producing several outstandingly beautiful songs. Some of the standout solos include "Dil Dil Se Mila Kar Dekho" in "Memsahib (1956)", "Aye Haseeno Naazneeno" from this film, "Zaroorat Hai Zaroorat Hai" from "Man-Mauji (1962)", "Simti Si Sharmaai Si" from "Parwana (1971)", and "Raahi Tha Main Aawaara" from "Sahib Bahadur (1975)". Interestingly, for many of these films Rajinder Krishan was the lyricist, who was Mohanji's favorite.

There are several beautiful tracks in this album with the lyrics penned by Rajinder Krishan. Apart from Kishoreda's song mentioned earlier ("Aye Haseeno") I have two more favorites in this album. One of them is Lata's mellifluous "Bairan Neend Na Aaye" and the other is the outstanding duet by Lata and Mannada, "Preetam Daras Dikhaao". This indeed is one the great albums of Mohan Saab.

I am uploading songs of this popular musical from an original soundtrack album in back-to-back two posts. Here is a description of these songs and the songs themselves...

Desh Churaye is also an extraordinary song of mahaguru Kishoreji,where he shifts from classical singing to nursery rhyme,a strong testimony of his allround talent.

JAI MAHAGURU PARAMATMA MAHAPRABHU SHRI KISHOREDA BHAGWAN KI!!!
KISHORE KUMAR IS THE GREATEST SINGER AND ALL-ROUNDER ARTIST IN THE WORLD!!!
+Quote Post
abhijoy
post Jul 8 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #560

Group Icon

Member No.: 148584

excellent upload swarapriya....

Regards

Gargi
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 8 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #561

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(abhijoy @ Jul 7 2011, 10:52 PM) *

excellent upload swarapriya....

Thanks Gargi. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 9 2011, 11:20 AM
Post #562

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Jaal Saaz (1959)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory. These songs are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=1876

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 18 2011, 02:15 PM
Post #563

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Gopi (1970)

Here are the songs from an original soundtrack album of this film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 25 2011, 11:43 AM
Post #564

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Shararat (1959)

The songs from this movie were almost all of them were chart busters. However, the movie was a bust. This is another movie in which Rafi Saab sang for Kishoreda who plays two different people who are dead ringers

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. Some of these songs came from CDs and others are thanks to the courtesy of the Forum members. I am uploading all of the songs from the film in the first post. In the second post I am including some of the extended versions.

Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 25 2011, 11:49 AM
Post #565

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Shararat (1959)"...

Here are some of the extended version songs form this album, all thanks to the courtesy of the Forum members...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
abhijoy
post Jul 29 2011, 04:50 PM
Post #566

Group Icon

Member No.: 148584

nice upload...

Regards

Gargi
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 29 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #567

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(abhijoy @ Jul 29 2011, 04:20 AM) *

nice upload...

Sure thing Gargi. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 31 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #568

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Pocketmaar (1956)

This Geeta Bali-Dev starrer has some nice songs by Madan Mohanji. I am uploading these from an original soundtrack album below...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

67 Pages V « < 36 37 38 39 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:10 AM