Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Three Of A Kind

, Dev, Dilip & Kishore

67 Pages V « < 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Of A Kind, Dev, Dilip & Kishore
swarapriya
post Sep 9 2010, 03:59 AM
Post #396

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Sep 8 2010, 03:54 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 8 2010, 03:37 PM) *

Songs of "Andhiyan (1952)"

Here are the songs from "Andhiyan", all by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you ...

Swarapriya

I don't know if you've ever heard Ghanshyam Ke Hain properly but its a magical song. By the way, it isn't sung by Lata but by the classical singer Laxmi Shankar. Laxmi Shankar also sang a handful of other film songs in the mid-50s...

Thanks for pointing out the problem in my tagging. I have corrected it in the writeup. By the way, I heard this song few times but never occurrred to me that it was Laxmi Shankar and not Lata. You hear these voices (for example, Lata) thousands of times, yet you are fooled occasionally.

By the way, the magic is not all of Laxmi Shankar's. She undoubtedly was beautiful. But the maestro, Ustadji, also shares some credit here.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 14 2010, 01:08 AM
Post #397

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Musafir (1957)

This was the movie in which Hrishikesh Mukerjee, who was an emimnent film editor until this one, made his directorial debut. The movie had three separate and unrelated stoties told through a common place where they come to spend the night, a musafir khana. The movie was great but it didn't work.

One of the highlights of this movie was the duet "Laagi Naahin Chhoote". It was sung by Lataji and Dilip Saab. It was a difficult song to sing but Dilipji did a magnificent job. I wonder why he didn't sing more songs in other movies.

Here are the songs that have Salilda's touch on all of them ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 26 2010, 08:01 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 27 2010, 06:33 AM
Post #398

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Armaan (1953)

Here is the combination of SD & Sahir together creating a beautiful album. All songs by the courtesy of the Forum members ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 27 2010, 06:37 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 2 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #399

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Parivar (1956)

Here is a beautiful album from Salida. I am uploading these songs in back-to-back two posts. First post ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Oct 2 2010, 11:59 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 2 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #400

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Parivar (1956)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from Bimalda's family drama ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Oct 3 2010, 12:00 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Viraj Padhye
post Oct 2 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #401

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 153576

Hi SP,

3 songs are from 1967 Parivaar by Kalyani Anandji.

Humne jo dekhe sapne
Aaj hain 2 October
Dekhte hi tujhe

Viraj
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Oct 2 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #402

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 2 2010, 09:11 PM) *

(Kishore) Parivar (1956)

Here is a beautiful album from Salida. I am uploading these songs in back-to-back two posts. First post ...

SP, you ought to remove 3 songs from this post. Aaj Hai Do October Ka Din, Hum Ne Jo Dekhe Sapne and Dekte Hi Tujhe are from Parivar (1967) with music by Kalyanji Anandji

Aditya

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 3 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #403

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Viraj & Aditya,

That was a plain error because of the confusion between the names. Tnanks for pointing this out. I made corrections per the suggestions made.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 9 2010, 01:13 PM
Post #404

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Naya Daur (1957)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Sahir & Shairi" thread in this directory. Thet are still active and are available at the following link ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...7018&st=101

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 26 2010, 05:36 AM
Post #405

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Humsafar (1953)

This is the second film of Dev for which the great Ustad Ali Akbar Khan composed music. A brief write up on the Ustad was recently uploaded in this same thread and is available at the following location …

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...3600&st=387

For this fine album Ustad was greatly benefited by some beautiful lyrics of Sahir Saab and great singing of Geetaji and Kishoreda. My favorite of the album is Geetaji's lovely solo, "Haseen Chaandni". In her melodious voice, when you listen to this song you feel as if you are drenched in a lovely breeze that is bathed in the tranquil serenity of the moonlight.

All songs from this album are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. Please be warned that the quality of some of the songs is so so.

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
chotuyash44
post Oct 26 2010, 06:26 AM
Post #406

Group Icon

Member No.: 203734

Thanks
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 3 2010, 04:02 AM
Post #407

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Madhumati (1958)

(Note: Most of the following write up I used elsewhere in this Forum for uploading these same songs earlier.)

“Madhumati” is like a poem on the celluloid. It has that lyrical quality, that melancholic beauty, that haunting sweetness that stays with you forever. Bimalda who directed the movie was unquestionably a cinematic genius. But he was working here with an unusual type of subject. Yet the film clearly demonstrates why he was such a brilliant director. Every frame has his masterly touch. Every scene has his indelible imprint. Everything in the film seems to work together like a well oiled machine. Its story and its unfolding, its acting, its music, its crisp editing, its photography, its unspoiled locales, its innocent and simple folks in the backdrop of the story, it is like a magnificent book that is engrossing from its cover page to the last and once you start reading it is difficult to put it down.

Bimalda, master of his craft, creates an unforgettable ambience and sets the movie into motion in a heartwarming romantic mood. He is brilliantly aided by the unforgettable camera work and inspiringly moody but melodious music. In Salilda’s hands the music becomes such an integral part of the movie that it casts a magic spell on you. Listen to the haunting melody of “Aaja Re Pardesi” as Vyjayanti Mala glides through the mist. How about the echo ridden song in the amazing voice of Mukesh intersecting with not so far away horizons when he sings “Suhaana Safar”? What a lovely folksy and festive song it is, the song “O Daiyya Re Daiyya Re Chadh Gaya Paapi Bichhua” in the lovely voices of Lata and Mannada. You feel the aches of love and pangs of separation when you hear that beautiful song “Dil Tadap Tadap”. You feel distressed when Rafi Saab sings “Toote Hue Khwaabon Ne”. Salilda’s magnificent score is saturated with the divine beauty of the surroundings the movie was shot in. His music apparently shows the inspiration he clearly drew from the days he spent growing up in the hills of Assam.

Dilip gives a great performance. But these types of roles are just a routine for him. One expects this from Dilip Saab and he seldom disappoints you. He has done them before. He has done more of the same in the future as well. But the real show stealer is the performance by Vyjayanti Mala in the title role. Looking stunningly beautiful, she displays hitherto unexplored histrionic talents that keep the viewer spellbound. As an innocent simple woman with no worldly experiences she shines brilliantly. As a woman falling in love she expresses her anxieties and vulnerabilities with graceful ease. As a lovely dancer she is full of glee and gay abandon. This was a total and complete film for her.

“Madhumati” was a biggest commercial success for Bimalda. The movie walked away with a whole bunch of Filmfare awards. It won awards for Best Picture (Bimal Roy), Best Director (Bimal Roy), Best Actress (Vyjayanti Mala), Best Music (Salil Chowdhury), Best Supporting Actor (Johnny Walker), Best Art Direction (Sudhendu Roy), Best Editing (Hrishikesh Mukherjee), Best Female Singer (Lata Mangeshkar for “Aaja Re Pardesi”), Best Dialogue (Rajinder Singh Bedi), and Best Cinematography (Dilip Gupta). Its story and screenplay were written by Ritwik Ghatak, an eminent director himself, who was nominated but didn’t win. Dilip was nominated for Best Actor but lost out to Dev Anand for “Kala Pani”.

I am uploading all songs from this album and several specials in three back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain songs from the original sound track album. The third post contains several extras. Some songs included here are either from a DVD or through the contributions of the Forum members. Thank you. I am also including two specials; one with Dilip’s introduction and another with Lata’s.

Now for the songs …

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 3 2010, 08:59 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 3 2010, 04:10 AM
Post #408

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "Madhumati (1958)" ...

Here are more songs from this fine musical album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 3 2010, 04:21 AM
Post #409

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Madhumati (1958)"...

I am including here some songs contributed by the Forum members. Thank you. There are two specials in this post. For the song "Suhaana Safar" Dilipji gives an introduction in praise of Mukesh's beautiful voice. This is taken from the album "Legends: Mukesh - The Soulful Voice (CD 2)". I am also including a special of the song "Zulmi Sang" with Lata's introduction. She showers praises about Salilda's music composing style. This is taken from the album "Lata in Her Own Voice-2".

Here are these songs and more ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Nov 3 2010, 06:46 AM
Post #410

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

SP..it is as usual, a great pleasure to read your note. Madhumati evokes a unique kind of feeling which is hard to put down in words. The mystique around the whole film is spellbinding. I saw it in 1982, almost three decades and still the magic is always there. I was so involved with the film and the climax brought me goosebumps. As you rightly said, Vyjayantimala steals the show all the way. She carried her portly figure with such fine aplomb and grace, it needs to be seen. As the innocent country belle and as the refined city dweller, she showed a fine distinction.
All in all, when a brilliant director and equally brilliant music director come together, we cant expect a better job than this. Visuals are absolutely stunning ! I saw the film back to back twice, sitting in the same chair ! indeed it was a magical treat to cherish for a lifetime ! smile.gif
Read somewhere that Bimal da was not happy with any outdoor locales for shooting closeup shots of Dilip when he embraces cosmos flowers and went on to grow them in his backyard and took the shots there....goes to show what perfection is all about !

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post

67 Pages V « < 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th October 2021 - 01:31 AM