Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Three Of A Kind

, Dev, Dilip & Kishore

67 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Of A Kind, Dev, Dilip & Kishore
swarapriya
post May 2 2010, 08:28 PM
Post #254

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Concluding Songs from "Aan (1952)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful Naushadji album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 5 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #255

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Pehli Jhalak (1955)

M.V. Raman, the producer and director of many hit Tamil and Hindi Films, introduced Vyjayanti Mala in Tamil movies as well as Hindi movies. In most of the movies made in Hindi that he directed, he invariably paired Vyjayanti with Kishoreda. This is another example of such a movie. Several of these movies were commercial successes. One common theme among these movies was Kishoreda's slapstick comedy and Vyjayanti's display of her dancing skills. Almost all of them had very good music. Also, Rajinder Krishan wrote lyrics for most of them.

There are several songs in this movie with Lata sharing bulk of them. Kishoreda has only song that was quite a routine for him, very listless in my opinion. But the standout song of the album is the one by Hemantda, "Zameen Chal Rahi Hai". Beautiful. This is least surprising. Whenever music director C. Ramchandra called on Hemantada's name, the results were spectacular. Songs from the musical extravaganza "Anarkali (1953)" and his duet with Lata in "Nastik (1955)" immediately come to mind.

I am uploading songs of "Pehli Jhalak" in two posts, with the second post consisting of some extended versions. Here is the first set of songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 8 2010, 12:52 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 5 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #256

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Pehli Jhalak (1955)" ...

I am uploading here three extended version songs from this album. Either one or two of them are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you.

Now for the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 10 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #257

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Baazi (1951)

Some great songs from this Dev Anand's film that was responsible for giving a start to so many careers are still active in the "Sahir & Shairi" thread in this directory. Enjoy Burmanda's some of the finest piece of work by accessing these songs at the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...=87018&st=4

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 13 2010, 04:20 AM
Post #258

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Daag (1952)

Here is yet another beautiful album from the energetic music duo Shankar & Jaikishan, very early in their career. Talat Saab (picture attached) sings four songs, all just utterly beautiful.

This movie was made by Amiya Chakraborty who was responsible for so many fine movies, like "Patita (1953)", "Kathputli (1957)", "Dekh Kabira Roya (1957)", and others. "Daag" deals with the subject of an alcoholic who has difficult time kicking the addiction. Dilip Saab plays the alcoholic for the performance of which he won the Filmfare Best Actor Award. When I saw the movie recently, I felt something was missing from Dilip Saab's performance. It didn't have the same depth or pathos he usually brings to his roles. I think it could have been better. Time and again Dilip Saab proved that he is capable of bringing this to his performances in so many other movies. May be it was because the whole movie has this mood of depression. Either way, I am convinced that this probably served as a precursor to that memorable winning performance from the thespian when he played a heart broken alcoholic lover later in Bimalda's classic film "Devdas (1955)".

I am uploading these songs from the original sound track album in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 14 2010, 07:49 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 13 2010, 04:29 AM
Post #259

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs of "Daag (1952)" ....

Here are the rest of the songs from this album including an extended version of "Preet Yeh", by the courtesy of the Forum members (thank you) ....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post May 13 2010, 04:29 AM
Post #260

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 13 2010, 04:20 AM) *

(Dilip) Daag (1952)

Here is yet another beautiful album from the energetic music duo Shankar & Jaikishan, very early in their career. Talat Saab (picture attached) sings four songs, all just utterly beautiful.

This movie was made by Amiya Chakraborty who was responsible for so many fine movies, like "Patita (1953)", "Kathputli (1957)", "Dekh Kabira Roya (1957)", and others. "Daag" deals with an alcoholic person who has difficult time kicking the addiction. Dilip Saab plays the alcoholic for the performance of which he won the Filmfare Best Actor Award. When I saw the movie recently, I felt something was missing from Dilip Saab. I think it could have been better as time and again he proved that he is in so many other movies. May be it was because the whole movie has this mood of depression. Either way, I am convinced that this probably served as a precursor to another winning performance from the thespian when he played an alcoholic later in Bimalda's "Devdas (1955)".

I am uploading these songs from the original sound track album in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

This is shear melody from SJ, the music sounds good to date and I agree about your comments about Yusuf Saab, Devdas was one of its kind, very hard to match that performance.

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
astob70
post May 13 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #261

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 170421

Thanks Swarapriya for the posting of Daag. What songs by Shailendra and Hasrat!!! seems both were in a process to outdo each other..Brilliant...
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 13 2010, 06:26 PM
Post #262

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ May 12 2010, 03:59 PM) *

(Dilip) Daag (1952)

This is shear melody from SJ, the music sounds good to date and I agree about your comments about Yusuf Saab, Devdas was one of its kind, very hard to match that performance.

SJ who debuted as fulltime music directors only a few years back in 1949 with Raj Kapoor's "Barsaat" were bursting with bubbly energy and this clearly translates into some of the magic of their music they left as their legacy behind for all of us to savor and enjoy.

Cheers SS,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 13 2010, 06:31 PM
Post #263

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(astob70 @ May 13 2010, 01:56 AM) *

Thanks Swarapriya for the posting of Daag. What songs by Shailendra and Hasrat!!! seems both were in a process to outdo each other..Brilliant...

Sometimes as we enjoy the music we forget the power of the words written by the lyricists. Both Shailendra and Hasrat Saab were undoubtedly some of the best poets our film industry was blessed with.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 14 2010, 07:51 PM
Post #264

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Rukhsana (1955)

Songs from this film were recently uploaded in the "Three Reigning Queens" thread in this very directory. These songs can be accessed at the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry659247

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 18 2010, 10:57 PM
Post #265

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Sazaa (1951)

Songs from this album are still available in "Sahir & Shairi" thread in this directory. These songs can be accessed from the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...87018&st=21

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 22 2010, 12:29 AM
Post #266

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Sangdil (1952)

In a 20-year period Sajjad Hussain, the music director of this film did only 14 films. This is mainly because, though recognized as a brilliant composer, he had problems getting along with people. He was one of the great players of Mandolin on which he could play Indian classical music. Apparently this in itself was a tribute to his genius. He was expert in several other instruments including flute, veena, violin, piano, and sitar.

It was Meena Kumari’s father who introduced him to the film world. His very first film “Dost” made in 1944 became famous because of the hit songs he composed for its heroine, Noor Jehan.

The genius he was, he always got into trouble with his fellow workers. Many such ctories have been shared here by the members before so there is no reason to repeat them again. But this attitude towards people he worked with did have a direct effect on his professional career. The net result is that Sajjad Hussain's entire repertoire includes less than 100 songs in 14 or so odd films. But almost all his compositions were huge hits. Composer Anil Biswas had paid a great tribute to him saying that Sajjad Hussain was the only original composer Hindi cinema has known. Comin from Anilda, that says something about the man.

This film was adapted from the classic English novel "Jane Eyre" published in 1847 by Charlotte Bronte under the pen name of Currer Bell. It was made into a movie in Hollywood several times. The interesting subplot of this movie is the real life romance between the leading pair Madhubala and Dilip.

I am uploading songs from this album in two separate posts. All songs from the first post are from various CD collections. The second post songs are by the compliments of the Forum members.

Here is the first set of songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 22 2010, 12:35 AM
Post #267

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Sangdil (1952)" ...

The following songs in this post are all by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 23 2010, 06:23 AM
Post #268

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Aabroo (1956)

Unfortunately I have only one song from this album that I am uploading here. A list of the probable missing songs is shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these songs if they can. Thanks.

Now for the only song from this album I have ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

67 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:04 PM