Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Tushar Bhatia: The Person Behind The Cdq Songs Of Geeta Ji

, Please read about this amazing person!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tushar Bhatia: The Person Behind The Cdq Songs Of Geeta Ji, Please read about this amazing person!
parag_sankla
post Sep 9 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6005

We music lovers across the internet have very easy access to many songs of Geeta ji in CDQ. Many of these songs have become commonly and easily available to all of us thanks to the CD technology and internet. When one goes back say 25 years in the past, there were no CDs no cassettes. There were just 2 LPs (long playing) records…only 48 songs!! Just the way the film and music industry did injustice to Geetaji in her career, the HMV equally did injustice to her.

Till as late as 1983-84, there were just 2 LP records of songs of Geeta ji released by HMV. One was called "Film Hits : Geeta Dutt" and the other one was called "Geeta Dutt in Memorium"[with the side 2 opening song by Asha Bhosle!]. Both the LP records had most of the songs from Guru Dutt films and a few songs like "Mera sundar sapna beet gaya". The general music lover was never exposed to many gems of this great singer. And these were the only songs that played on the radio over and over again.

And then came Tushar Bhatia, just 24 years old, who was a die-hard fan of Geeta ji from his early childhood.

He joined the HMV in the year 1983 and during his 2 and a half years of association[Feb ‘84-Aug ‘86] with HMV, he single handedly managed to release as many as five LP records of songs of Geeta ji. He was a producer for classical music initially, but the company management, much to their thrill and relief, discovered his passion for old soundtracks and allowed him to do whatever brought in more sales and prestige to the company’s releases. What else could he want? There he was, in HMV, given charge of the revival of compilations and old soundtracks!

He was determined to bring out the lesser heard gems of Geeta ji.

Thus came songs like "Naa Main Dhan Chahoon" on The LP of Kala Bazar and Humko Chhod Ke Kahan Jaoge from Shrimati 420 on LP records for the first time. Only then people came to know that Geeta ji and Talat sahab has sung so many melodious songs together. And it re-emphasized the fact that Geeta Roy was the number one playback singer in Gujrati film music in the late forties and early fifties. All this was thanks to one of truly great fan of Geeta ji. Hats off to Mr. Tushar Bhatia ji who single handedly managed to do all this against all odds. Why, just for one cause, to let more and more people know about this great and talented singer named Geeta Dutt. He was also instrumental in releasing LP records of films like Baazi, Chhoo Mantar etc. which had many songs of Geeta ji.

1] An Enchanting hour with Geeta Dutt

2] The best of Geeta Dutt

3] Duets to remember – Geeta – talat

4] Magic moments with Geeta Dutt

5] Ateetna Sambharna- Gujrati compilation of geeta dutt songs

6] Geet ane ghazal -featuring Gujrati songs by Geeta Dutt, Meena kapoor, Manna dey, Talat, Rafi, Hemant

7] A Gujarati compilaton of Geeta, Lata, Asha

8] Duets – Magic moments 2 LPs featuring Geeta dutt duets prominently amongst others!

And Soundtrack LPs of Baazi, Choomantar, Kala Bazar,

He was also instrumental in mobilizing the 2 bengali LPs of private and film songs through the Calcutta head office.

I am enclosing a pic of Tushar ji holding the very first LP record "Magic Moments" his own creation, which he got released by HMV in the eighties.

I happened to get in touch with Tushar ji through our Youtube channel. He is the same person who composed the music for the film "Andaz apna apna" starring Amir Khan and Salman Khan. And worked with the star writer Majrooh Sultanpuri. Ashaji sang under his baton ’Ye raat aur ye dori’

He is also the composer of the numerous mainstream Ads on the television in last 20 years/ Tv serials such as Banegi Apni Baat, Chakravyuh, Meri Pasand and Rishte, as well as many private albums like Bhagwad-geets, Buddha’s teachings, Patanjali’s Yogasutra etc released under the label of Times Music.

He was closely associated with stalwart composers like Naushad Sahab, O P Nayyar sahab and Anil Biswas saheb, Jaidev ji R D burman etc.

Currently Tushar ji is active in various forms of music including stage shows with his troupe called ‘Swardhara’ and sitar performances. He has just cut 2 CD albums with EMI where he has played western classics tunes on sitar.

It is our pleasure that he has agreed to speak to us about his fascination about Geeta ji, how he managed to cut all these LP records of Geeta ji during his tenure with HMV and his feedback about our site www.geetadutt.com

Let us thank Tushar ji from the bottom of our hearts for taking great efforts in coming up with LP records of songs of Geeta ji. Without his hardwork in the eighties we would not have been fortunate to listen to all these wonderful songs of Geeta ji.

Thank you Tushar ji.

This post has been edited by parag_sankla: Sep 12 2009, 09:48 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
Please visit www.geetadutt.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Sep 10 2009, 12:55 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

Parag...Thanks a lot for sharing the valued information. smile.gif
Not often do we get to know the giants behind the screen, who work late into the night and often without a break..to make things happen. It needs love and passion coupled with excellent perception and determination and Tushar Ji has all in tonnes. bow.gif
We, the whole music loving fraternity should be indebted to benevolent people like Tushar ..for they made our lives happier with their untiring efforts.
Salute !!

IPB Image

This post has been edited by simplefable: Sep 10 2009, 12:56 AM

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Sep 9 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Tushar ji has promised me to search for the LP record of Baazi. The backside of this record has a photo of Geeta ji singing under the baton of Burmanda. That pic is probably the only pic of the legendary composer-singer duo. He himself told me that he searched for this pic for almost an year before it was made available on the LP of Baazi.

I will be in touch with him to get more information, pics etc related to Geeta ji.

+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Sep 11 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Tushar ji is searching for the photo of Geeta ji with Burmanda (from the backside cover of LP record of Baazi). In the mean time, he has shared some of his pics with all of us

1) Tushar ji, Asha ji and S P Balsubramanyam ji on the recording of the song "Yeh raat aur yeh doori" from the film Andaaz Apna Apna

2) Tushar ji with O P Nayyar sahab

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Sep 11 2009, 11:22 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Looking for more pictures...rare and un-seen. smile1.gif

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
hildebrand
post Sep 12 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 39973

Lovely pics. Hats off to Tushar Bhatia !

Best Regards
Hildebrand

Samandar ko Baandhe Aisa Koi Ghaat Nahi, Kadmon ko thaame aisi koi baat nahin Patli si dhaara samundar mein milti hai, milkar ke kho jaati hai, ghaat ghaat hi rehte hain woh samundar ho jaati hai, karlo jo chaaho, banlo jo chaaho

“Geet boodhe nahin hote, unke chehron pe jhurriyan nahi girti
wo palte rahte hain, chalte rahte hain
sun-ne walo ki umra badal jaati hai….”

Please Visit
http://www.anmolfankaar.com: A website dedicated to Artists of the Indian Subcontinent. Now follow it on twitter too. http://twitter.com/anmolfankaar

http://www.shamshadbegum.com : A website dedicated to the Living Legend Shamshad Begum. May She Live Long.

http://www.madamnoorjehan.com : A website dedicated to Madam Noorjehan

http://www.geetadutt.com : A website dedicated to Geeta Dutt Nee Roy
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Sep 13 2009, 02:02 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

One more pic of Tushar ji with the stalwarts of the golden era of HFM

Naqsh lyalpuri ji, Majrooh ji ,O P Nayyar ji ,Naushad ji, Anil Biswas ji, Tushar Bhatia ji

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Sep 13 2009, 02:28 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks Venkat and HB for appreciating the efforts of Tushar ji. In today's materialistic world, some music lovers are not willing to share songs even though they would have got them for free. And look at this man, who spent money from his pocket to buy 78 RPM records of lesser heard songs of Geeta ji and then gifted them to HMV so that LP records of Geeta ji's songs could be released. It is very easy to do things for your own sake, everybody does that; but it takes an exceptionally generous and great human being to do something like what Tushar ji has done.

Not many people will recognize his contribution, but that does not matter to him. What he did was for his passion, Geeta ji and to keep her memories alive. His efforts are priceless and we can only thank such a great person from the bottom of our hearts.

+Quote Post
simplefable
post Sep 13 2009, 08:37 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Parag...so true. these golden words came to my mind...

Khudgaz duniya mein
Yeh insaan ki pehchaan hai..
Jo paraayi aag mein jal jaale..
Woh insaan hai..

Apne liye jeeye to kya jeeye
Tu jee, aye dil, zamaane ke liye..

I am sure that Tushar is very very happy and contented man. He did something to preserve what he loved.. smile1.gif

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Sep 13 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Here is a pic of Tushar ji with Anilda

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
bawlachintu
post Sep 14 2009, 12:52 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 743

Great work by Bhatia.

Thanks Parag for sharing info.

Here is the best singer of universe

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw ."

+Quote Post
oye_sonu
post Sep 14 2009, 02:40 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2547

Thanks parag bhai for sharing info on tushaar ji

His music in Andaz apna apna was very good. I liked it very very much. For long time I used to feel it was scored by OPN. Kamaal hai dubaara nahin diya music aisa ? any idea.
I can still recall lot of lyrics of its songs. I liked them so much !

( please post in separate thread or pm if you feel this content is not for this forum )

Thanks for pics !

Sonu

forgive me if I miss replying or reading ur post............bit busy :-( !
Duniya ne kitna samjhaya, kaun hai apna kaun paraya
Phir bhi dil ki chot chhupa kar humne aapka dil behalya
Khud hi mar mitne ki ye zid hai hamaari......
sach hai duniya waalon hum hain anari !

......back to basics!!!

My artists :-
Shankar Jaikishan- Composers with magical touch !!

This year we CELEBRATE 60 years of Shankar Jaikishan music . come join the celebrations !
Join the SJ fans group for more information :
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/shankarjaikishan/

Join FACEBOOK shankar jaikishan group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123537751015751
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Sep 14 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Sep 13 2009, 12:22 PM) *

Great work by Bhatia.

Thanks Parag for sharing info.

BC ji, nice to see your post. When I discussed this idea of talking about him here on HF, Tushar ji was not willing. He said I did not do it for any publicity etc. I just did it because I felt that Geeta ji's music should reach more and more people.

I hope to meet him during my India visit this year. That time we can get more information from him

Thanks
Parag

+Quote Post
rashmi mehta
post Sep 18 2009, 08:23 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 104072

grt mr bhatiaji

with such personalities our legend's treasure will b saved and will reach to us

and ur team's dedication to legend will search dont know what next!

so hats too u all dedicaed one!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:56 AM