Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Three Reigning Queens

, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis

64 Pages V « < 42 43 44 45 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Three Reigning Queens, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis
swarapriya
post Nov 12 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #645

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Nov 12 2010, 02:38 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 12 2010, 07:38 PM) *

Early Albums of Meena Kumari

I am requesting our members to please kindly share any songs from the following early albums of Meena Kumari:

Ek Hi Bhool (1940)
Kasauti (1941)
Leatherface (1939)
Nai Roshni (1941)
Piya Ghar Aaja (1947)
Pooja (1940)
Pratiggya (1943)

Thank you very very much.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

Nai Roshni has a beautiful Zeenat Begum song - Dard e Dil Dil Mein Basaya Jaayega and composed by Anil Biswas. I unfortunately have it in low bitrate.

Here are two others

Old Filmi - 1941 Nai Roshni - Husn Bano - Preet Ki Ke Nazariya-anil biswas mp3 128kbps 2m 45s (poor audio)

Old Filmi - 1941 Nai Roshni - Sardar Akhtar - Kyun Mun Ko Rog-anil biswas mp3 128kbps 2m 45s

Thank you very much for both the songs. Please go ahead and upload the lower bit rate version. These songs are so rare and difficult to get hold of. I am requesting our admin folks to make an exception to the rule and let you upload the song.

Cheers Faraaj,
S
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 13 2010, 05:12 AM
Post #646

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Bahen (1941)

There is a request to upload songs from this album. Unfortunately I have only one that I am uploading in two versions here, with and without dialogues. The quality of the audio of the song is very poor. The missing ones are shown in red italics in the table below. If you can, please kindly share these songs. Thank you.

Here is the only song I have from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Nov 13 2010, 06:07 AM
Post #647

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 13 2010, 05:05 AM) *

I am requesting our members to please kindly share any songs from the following early albums of Meena Kumari:

Nai Roshni (1941)

Cheers,
Swarapriya

Nai Roshni has a beautiful Zeenat Begum song - Dard e Dil Dil Mein Basaya Jaayega and composed by Anil Biswas. I unfortunately have it in low bitrate.

Thank you very much for both the songs. Please go ahead and upload the lower bit rate version. These songs are so rare and difficult to get hold of. I am requesting our admin folks to make an exception to the rule and let you upload the song.

Cheers Faraaj,
S

Swarapriya

I'm not worried about Admin. I've uploaded low b/r songs before that were very rare and they appreciated that fact. I actually strongly support the bitrate rules on HF - they ensure quality. The only reason I didn't upload this song yesterday was in the fleeting hope that someone might have a better and higher b/r version they could share.

Anyways, enjoy this lovely song...

Old Filmi - 1941 Nai Roshni - Zeenat Begum - Dard e Dil Dil Mein-anil biswas mp3 20kbps 2m 41s

This post has been edited by Faraaj73: Nov 13 2010, 06:11 AM

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 13 2010, 10:31 AM
Post #648

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Nov 12 2010, 04:37 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 13 2010, 05:05 AM) *

Nai Roshni (1941)

Cheers,
Swarapriya

Cheers Faraaj,
S

Swarapriya

I'm not worried about Admin. I've uploaded low b/r songs before that were very rare and they appreciated that fact. I actually strongly support the bitrate rules on HF - they ensure quality. The only reason I didn't upload this song yesterday was in the fleeting hope that someone might have a better and higher b/r version they could share.

Anyways, enjoy this lovely song...

Old Filmi - 1941 Nai Roshni - Zeenat Begum - Dard e Dil Dil Mein-anil biswas mp3 20kbps 2m 41s

Thank you very much Faraaj for the song. I appreciate your thinking about this but so far no one came forward with the song. That once again proves in my own mind that this song is indeed a rarity. Thank you very much for sharing this with all of us again.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 14 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #649

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Bachhon ka Khel (1946)

This is another early album of Meena Kumari. I have only two songs from this album and am uploading on request both of them here. The quality of the songs is poor. There are several other songs that are missing from this album. A list of these is shown in red italics in the table below. Please kindly share these if you can. Thank you very much.

Here are the two songs I have ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 14 2010, 11:20 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Exon
post Nov 14 2010, 02:43 AM
Post #650

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 14 2010, 02:11 AM) *

This is another early album of Meena Kumari. I have only two songs from this album and am uploading on request both of them here. The quality of the songs is poor. There are several other songs that are missing from this album. A list of these is shown in red italics in the table below. Please kindly share these if you can. Thank you very much.

Here are the two songs I have ...

SP,

Thanks for the songs.
In this album, the last song title 'tum kalpana karo' is by Mohammad Rafi, chorus.
ISB lists the singer for first song 'aaye aaye hain sapne mein hamaare woh' as Naseem Akhtar.

Exon

This post has been edited by Exon: Nov 14 2010, 03:01 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 14 2010, 11:22 AM
Post #651

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Nov 13 2010, 01:13 PM) *

SP,

Thanks for the songs.
In this album, the last song title 'tum kalpana karo' is by Mohammad Rafi, chorus.
ISB lists the singer for first song 'aaye aaye hain sapne mein hamaare woh' as Naseem Akhtar.

Exon

Thanks for the corrections Exon. I made changes to the table to reflect your suggestions. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 15 2010, 12:41 AM
Post #652

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Bichhade Balam (1948)

Here is another early starrer of Meena Kumari for which I have only two songs. I am uploading these on request. A list of the missing songs is shown in the table below, in red italics. I am requesting members to share these songs if they can. Thank you.

Here are the two songs I have...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 16 2010, 06:10 AM
Post #653

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Duniya Ek Sarai (1947)

Mohd. Farooqui (see the attached photo) was born in Rajasthan in 1915 and was brought up in a religious family. He showed immense interest in music from childhood and against his parents’ wishes, in 1945, he came to Bombay to find work as a singer. Music director Khemchand Prakash was a family friend who arranged an audition of Farooqui for the late great Saigal. When the word spread that Saigalji had praise for his distinctive voice, Farooqui Saab was able to find work immediately. He signed on a monthly salary with Ranjit Studios.

Farooquiji had brief appearances in a couple of movies and sang in a total of 10 films. The year 1947 was a banner year for him when most of the songs he sang for the films became very popular. This film “Duniya Ek Sarai” was one of them.

In 1950, Farooqui Saab had to return home to tend to a very ill father. He never returned to Bombay to resume his film career. He passed away in 1990. Another great talent, sparkled only for a brief period of time, has been forgotten and gone unnoticed as the years rolled by.

This information was collected from the net that attributes the source to Farooqui Saab’s son, Tasleemji. It was made available for the public by Dr. Surjit Singh.

I am uploading seven songs from this film here. All are by the courtesy of our fellow member, Sangeetji. Thank you very very much for sharing these songs, Sangeetji. Looks like I may be missing two songs. These are shown in red italics in the table below. If anyone of you have these missing songs, please kindly share with rest of us.

Another note about the songs. Invariably songs this old tend to have poor quality. The songs from this album were no exception. I tried to clean them but still am not happy with the result. Some songs sound better than others, yet I would have enjoyed them more if the quality was just a tad better. Some of these songs were uploaded by Sangeetji at higher bit rates. I may have changed the bit rate to 128 kbps while cleaning these songs.

Here are the songs…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
romesh
post Nov 16 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #654

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58160

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 16 2010, 06:10 AM) *

Mohd. Farooqui (see the attached photo) was born in Rajasthan in 1915 and was brought up in a religious family. He showed immense interest in music from childhood and against his parents’ wishes, in 1945, he came to Bombay to find work as a singer. Music director Khemchand Prakash was a family friend who arranged an audition of Farooqui for the late great Saigal. When the word spread that Saigalji had praise for his distinctive voice, Farooqui Saab was able to find work immediately. He signed on a monthly salary with Ranjit Studios.

Farooquiji had brief appearances in a couple of movies and sang in a total of 10 films. The year 1947 was a banner year for him when most of the songs he sang for the films became very popular. This film “Duniya Ek Sarai” was one of them.

In 1950, Farooqui Saab had to return home to tend to a very ill father. He never returned to Bombay to resume his film career. He passed away in 1990. Another great talent, sparkled only for a brief period of time, has been forgotten and gone unnoticed as the years rolled by.

This information was collected from the net that attributes the source to Farooqui Saab’s son, Tasleemji. It was made available for the public by Dr. Surjit Singh.

I am uploading seven songs from this film here. All are by the courtesy of our fellow member, Sangeetji. Thank you very very much for sharing these songs, Sangeetji. Looks like I may be missing two songs. These are shown in red italics in the table below. If anyone of you have these missing songs, please kindly share with rest of us.

Another note about the songs. Invariably songs this old tend to have poor quality. The songs from this album were no exception. I tried to clean them but still am not happy with the result. Some songs sound better than others, yet I would have enjoyed them more if the quality was just a tad better. Some of these songs were uploaded by Sangeetji at higher bit rates. I may have changed the bit rate to 128 kbps while cleaning these songs.

Here are the songs…

hi SP

here is one of the missing songs

chheen li hamari hansi--192kbps----2.26mts

quote=romesh

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 16 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #655

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(romesh @ Nov 15 2010, 08:48 PM) *

hi SP

here is one of the missing songs

chheen li hamari hansi--192kbps----2.26mts

Thank you very much for sharing the song Romesh. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 17 2010, 12:19 AM
Post #656

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Garib (1942)

I am aplogetic for sharing these songs of poor quality. The only reason is that I had a request to upload them and felt obligated to do it. Some of the songs in this album sound so bad that I almost decided not to upload them at all. But trying to be complete, I decided to share whatever I have. I tried to clean all these songs but couldn't improve the quality.

Here is an apeeal to the members. What is the best way to clean these songs and minimize the hissing noise? I use a software suite called "Roxio" but it doesn't seem to serve the purpose. I will welcome any suggestions from our members. Thank you.

All these songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you very much. Also, I may be missing a song shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, please kindly share it with rest of us.

Here are the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 18 2010, 03:09 AM
Post #657

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Lal Haveli (1944)

This album for which Mir Sahib composed music has several good songs by Noor Jehan and Surendra. I am not much of a fan of the latter but I must admit that some of his songs in this film are not so bad. It must be Madame's influence.

Speaking of Noor Jehanji, Chitalkar (C. Ramchandra) who has a solo in this film had high praise for her. I read an interview he gave to Raju Bharatan in which he talks about Lata and Noor Jehan. He says that Noor Jehan was his ideal singer. Ramchandraji worked as an assistant to Mir Sahib on this film. When Mir Sahib fell ill, Ramchandraji composed music for a song sung by Noor Jehan, "Teri Yaad Aaye Sanwaria". After that experience, Chitalkarji admits that Noor Jehan, Malika-E-Tarannum, became his vocal ideal as well as vocal idol. Continuing he says that what he saw in Lata was a Marathi Noor Jehan. He added that most of the songs he initially did with including "Anarkali (1953)" were composed very much with the image of Lata as a Marathi Noor Jehan.

For a change most of the songs I am uploading here are of decent quality. A song here and a song there is till bad, this is noted in the table below, but overall they are a whole lot better than the ones I uploaded recently.

I am uploading these songs in back-to-back two posts. Here is a description of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 19 2010, 02:26 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 18 2010, 03:14 AM
Post #658

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Lal Haveli (1944)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
romesh
post Nov 18 2010, 08:01 AM
Post #659

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58160

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 18 2010, 03:14 AM) *

Concluding Songs from "Lal Haveli (1944)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

hi SP

could u pl check the song "ab raat milan ki beet chuki" uploaded in lal haveli album again because as per "mohd rafi mere geet tumhare" geet kosh the song is sung by rafi saheb and is from film jadoo-1951.

romesh
+Quote Post

64 Pages V « < 42 43 44 45 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 02:18 PM