Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Three Reigning Queens

, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis

64 Pages V « < 33 34 35 36 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Three Reigning Queens, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis
swarapriya
post May 22 2010, 01:10 AM
Post #497

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Madhubala) Teerandaz (1955)

Here are the songs from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 23 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #498

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Bandhan (1956)

Here is a beautiful album from Hemantda where every song is melodious. Hemantda has three solos and a duet and Lata has a couple of nice solos. All songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Erum Hashmi
post May 24 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #499

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 428

Thanks, SP for Bandhan!

woman is the mirror in which man sees the reflection of his own self, his own dormant and hidden powers of genius when she comes and stands before him
A woman is a meaning to life ! Someone who loves, who cares !

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 24 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #500

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ May 24 2010, 12:21 AM) *

Thanks, SP for Bandhan!

You're very welcome, Erum. It's a great album by Hemantda. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 25 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #501

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Nargis) Ashiana (1952)

Here is another Nargis-Raj starrer. An early album of Madan Mohan Saab, probably fourth or fifth, consisting of some great music. When Madanji is around, one can expect a generous dose of Lata. Well, this album is no exception. She dominates the album with six solos, some are really beautiful. My favorite Lata song from this album is "Samaa Hai Bahaar Ka". Talat Saab has a couple of great solos too. My favorite is "Main Paagal Mera Manva Paagal".

Now for the details and the actual songs from this original sound track album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 28 2010, 03:24 AM
Post #502

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Madhubala) Dhake Ki Malmal (1956)

The combination of Madhubala and O.P. Nayyar produced some beautiful songs. Just a year before this film, it was Guru Dutt's "Mr. & Mrs. '55" that made sensational news for its songs. Of course it was Geetaji who just swept the audience off their feet with her beautiful singing in that film. There is no Geetaji in this album. It is Asha singing seven out of eight songs, with three solos, two duets , and a triplet. Asha delivers with some outstanding tracks in "Ab To", "Jaadugar", and "More Mann". But to me the track of the album is the solo by the great C.H. Atma. He puts so much passion and depth into the song "Duniya Toh Jala" that in his melancholic voice it stays with you forever. The resonating voice of great Atmaji with a touch of tremble leaves a deep and lasting impression. The experience leaves you helplessly feeble from which it will take some time for you to come back to normal senses. The great song was penned by OP's wife, Sarojini Mohini Nayyar. It is a beauty alright.

It seems like I may be missing a song from this album that is shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case and if you happen to have the song, please kindly share.

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 3 2010, 01:07 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post May 29 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #503

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 28 2010, 03:24 AM) *

The combination of Madhubala and O.P. Nayyar produced some beautiful songs. Just year before this film, it was Guru Dutt's "Mr. & Mrs. '55" that made sensational news for its songs. Of course it was Geetaji who just swept the audience off their feet with her beautiful singing in that film. There is no Geetaji in this album. It is Asha singing seven out of eight songs, with three solos, two duets , and a triplet. Asha delivers with some outstanding tracks in "Ab To", "Jaadugar", and "More Mann". But to me the track of the album is the solo by the great C.H. Atma. He puts so much passion and depth into the song "Duniya Toh Jala" that in his melancholic voice it stays with you forever. The resonating voice of great Atmaji with a touch of tremble leaves a deep and lasting impression. The experience leaves you helplessly feeble for you to come back to normal senses. The great song was penned by OP's wife, Sarojini Mohini Nayyar. It is a beauty alright.

It seems like I may be missing a song from this album that is shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case and if you happen to have the song, please kindly share.

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

The Asha-Kishore-Manna song was composed by Robin Chatterji

Aditya

+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post May 29 2010, 12:56 PM
Post #504

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 76169

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 17 2010, 09:39 AM) *

(Nargis) Saagar (1951)

Actor Jairaj (his photo attached), who directed this movie, was a veteran of nearly 170 films starting in silent movies. A Telugu speaking Jairaj was born in Karimnagar, Andhra Pradesh. He gave up his college studies in pursuit of acting career in movies and moved to Bombay. He soon found work in a silent movie in 1929. He acted in 11 silent movies. When talkies came into vogue, he was in demand. For nearly 20 years he was a popular hero acting opposite most of the top heroines of the day. Because of his build he became popular playing mostly historic roles. He produced and directed several movies including this one. Ironically, even though Jairaj hailed from a Telugu family and his mother tongue was Telugu, he never acted in a Telugu movie.

In 1980 Jairaj was awarded the coveted Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his services to the movie industry.

I am uploading four songs from this movie. I am pretty sure there must be more. If so, please kindly share. These songs were all contributed by the Forum members. Thank you. The ones I downloaded had a lot of noise and I tried to clean them. It appears that now their quality is fair.

Four songs I am uploading here are very sweet songs, rich in lyrics, all sung by a different singer. Here are they …

From Saagar can any one upload......
Kaun sunega tere man ki pukaar - Asha

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 31 2010, 01:34 AM
Post #505

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ May 29 2010, 12:17 AM) *

The Asha-Kishore-Manna song was composed by Robin Chatterji

Aditya

Thanks Aditya. I made the changes per your suggestion. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 31 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #506

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Ek Hi Raasta (1956)

B.R. Chopra directed this movie that dealt with the plight of a seemingly hapless young widow trying to raise a child. For the period the movie was made, it was topical if not bold. Thanks to some great acting by all the principals and some very fine music by Hemantda, the movie was a huge hit.

I am uploading all songs from this film in the first post. In the second post, I am including a couple of extended version songs. Here are the details of the songs from the first post and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 31 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #507

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Ek Hi Raasta (1956)" ...

The following two extended version songs from this album are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
yogihit
post Jun 1 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #508

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 45555

Awesome SP !!!

Thanks a lot

Regards,
Yogi

An open source Person
+Quote Post
nandi
post Jun 1 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #509

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 55513

Thanks for Dhaake Ki Malmal.
Tha C H Atma song was probably his most memorable to me. Another Kishore-Madhubala movie but this time there was a serious theme involved.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 1 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #510

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(yogihit @ Jun 1 2010, 04:55 AM) *

Awesome SP !!!

Thanks a lot

You're very much welcome Yogi. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 1 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #511

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(nandi @ Jun 1 2010, 07:14 AM) *

Thanks for Dhaake Ki Malmal.
Tha C H Atma song was probably his most memorable to me. Another Kishore-Madhubala movie but this time there was a serious theme involved.

I have no argument with it Nandi. It is definitely one of my favorites of Atma. The voice has so much melancholy filled with deep feelings that it echoes deep in the chambers of your heart for some time. Very very deeply impressionable singing style. Just love it . Cheers. -S
+Quote Post

64 Pages V « < 33 34 35 36 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:18 AM