Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Three Reigning Queens

, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis

64 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Three Reigning Queens, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis
swarapriya
post Dec 29 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #385

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(romesh @ Dec 28 2009, 02:51 AM) *

dear sp

here is a small contribution of two songs from my side

romesh
quote=romesh

Thank you very much Romesh for the songs. Cheers. -S
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 30 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #386

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Madhubala) Tarana (1951)

Here is a beauty from Anilda. The songs reflect the moods of the lead pair, Madhubala & Dilip. There was budding romance between these two and it can be easily seen how it displays on the screen when these two are together. Madhubala never looked this prettier, lighting up the screen with her sensously infectious smile. Dilip never looked this easy going in any roles he played. Their real life romance permeates the on screen presence and it is refreshing to see them together in all its moods of a beautiful romance.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Dec 30 2009, 05:34 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 30 2009, 12:16 AM
Post #387

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Tarana (1951)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Dec 30 2009, 01:56 AM
Post #388

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 30 2009, 05:40 AM) *

(Madhubala) Tarana (1951)

Here is a beauty from Anilda. The songs reflect the moods of the lead pair, Madhubala & Dilip. There was budding romance between these two and it can be easily seen how it displays on the screen when these two are together. Madhubala never looked this prettier, lighting up the screen with her sensously infectious smile. Dilip never looked this easy going in any roles he played. Their real life romance permeates the on screen presence and it is refreshing to see them together in all its moods of a beautiful romance.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

Swarapriya

Jali Jo Shaakh e Chaman is the opening refrain of the song Ek Main Hoon Ek Meri. Its one song.

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 30 2009, 05:36 AM
Post #389

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Dec 29 2009, 12:26 PM) *

Swarapriya

Jali Jo Shaakh e Chaman is the opening refrain of the song Ek Main Hoon Ek Meri. Its one song.

Thanks Faraaj. I made changes to rectify the problem. My apolgies to all those who have downloaded this song twice.

Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 1 2010, 05:25 AM
Post #390

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Naulakha Haar (1953)

This is one forgettable movie Meena Kumari was in. But it has a few good songs. These were all ripped from a DVD. EarthMusic lists at least four others that were not in the DVD. I am listing these missing ones separately in the table below shown in red italics.

Here are the songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jan 4 2010, 06:27 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Jan 1 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #391

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 1 2010, 05:25 AM) *

(Meena) Naulakha Haar (1953)

This is one forgettable movie Meena Kumari was in. But it has a few good songs. These were all ripped from a DVD. EarthMusic lists at least four others that were not in the DVD. I am listing these missing ones separately in the table below shown in red italics.

Here are the songs ...

I think the voices in Saanwra Salona are Arvind Kumar & Gandhari.

Aditya

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 2 2010, 01:35 AM
Post #392

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Dec 31 2009, 09:54 PM) *

I think the voices in Saanwra Salona are Arvind Kumar & Gandhari.

Aditya

Aditya, I will wait for someone else to come forward and confirm if this is so. Thanks. Happy New Year to you. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 4 2010, 06:42 AM
Post #393

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Nargis) Meena Bazaar (1950)

Here is one of the finest albums from the musical duo Husnlal & Bhagatram. There are twelve songs in this film. Rafi Saab has 10 of them with two solos and eight duets. I am uploading 10 songs here, all by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. I am missing two duets shown in red italics in the table below. If you happen to have them, please kindly share them with rest of us. Thank you.

Here are the songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jan 7 2010, 11:03 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 7 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #394

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Madhubala) Sangdil (1952)

In a 20-year period Sajjad Hussain, the music director of this film, (see the attached photo), did only 14 films. This is mainly because, though recognized as a brilliant composer, he had problems getting along with people. He was one of the great players of Mandolin on which he could play Indian classical music. Apparently this in itself was a tribute to his genius. He was expert in several other instruments including flute, veena, violin, piano, and sitar.

It was Meena Kumari’s father who introduced him to the film world. His very first film “Dost” made in 1944 became famous because of the hit songs he composed for its heroine, Noor Jehan.

The genius he was, he always got into trouble with his fellow workers. He bad mouthed Lata Mangeshkar who abstained singing for him. He called Kishore Kumar as “Shore Kumar” and Talat Mahmood as “Ghalat Mahmood”. Yet, his composition in this film by Talat, “Yeh Hawa”, is considered to be one of his best compositions and one of Talat’s best songs. He got into fight with Dilip Kumar during the shooting of “Sangdil” and Dilip never worked with him again, even though much of the success “Sangdil” enjoyed had to do with its music. He also had differences with the lyricist D.N. Madhok. These kind of stories about Hussain go on and on ...

Sajjad Hussain's entire repertoire includes less than 100 songs in 14 or so odd films. But almost all his compositions were huge hits. Composer Anil Biswas had paid a great tribute to him saying that Sajjad Hussain was the only original composer Hindi cinema has known.

This film was adapted from the classic English novel "Jane Eyre" published in 1847 by Charlotte Bronte under the pen name of Currer Bell. It was made into a movie in Hollywood several times. The interesting subplot of this movie is the real life romance between the leading pair Madhubala and Dilip.

I am uploading songs from this album in two separate posts. All songs from the first post are from a CD. The second post songs are by the compliments of the Forum members.

Here is the first set of songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jan 7 2010, 11:05 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 7 2010, 11:02 AM
Post #395

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Sangdil (1952)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album. These all are by the compliments of the Forum members. Thank you. I am also uploading an extended version of the song "Dharti Se Door". The extended version is similar to the regular version except it is preceded by nearly 90 seconds of music.

Here are the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jan 7 2010, 11:12 AM
Post #396

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

Dear Swarapriya

Excellent post on the film Sangdil and its music. As you rightly mentioned, the stories of eccentricity of Sajjad Hussain are numerous. On one hand he supposedly bad mouthed Lata ji, on the other hand he is reported to have said "Sirf Lata gaati hain, baaki sab roti hai". Somewhere else I read that he said that only Noor Jehan and Lata can sing, why other singers try to sing.

Once a famous Sarangi player (Ram Narayan ?) was a part of his orchestration and his playing was not up to the satisfaction of Sajjad. Sajjad has said to have made this comment "Yeh Naushad miya ki dhun nahin hain, yahan aap ko dhang se bajaana padega." He has also supposed to be said that he (the Sarangi player) should be thankful to Hindi film music, otherwise his instrument (Sarangi) was only limited to be played at a Kothewali's place..!

Too many stories..too whimsical a person...

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Jan 7 2010, 11:20 AM
Post #397

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jan 7 2010, 11:12 AM) *

Dear Swarapriya

Excellent post on the film Sangdil and its music. As you rightly mentioned, the stories of eccentricity of Sajjad Hussain are numerous. On one hand he supposedly bad mouthed Lata ji, on the other hand he is reported to have said "Sirf Lata gaati hain, baaki sab roti hai". Somewhere else I read that he said that only Noor Jehan and Lata can sing, why other singers try to sing.

Once a famous Sarangi player (Ram Narayan ?) was a part of his orchestration and his playing was not up to the satisfaction of Sajjad. Sajjad has said to have made this comment "Yeh Naushad miya ki dhun nahin hain, yahan aap ko dhang se bajaana padega." He has also supposed to be said that he (the Sarangi player) should be thankful to Hindi film music, otherwise his instrument (Sarangi) was only limited to be played at a Kothewali's place..!

Too many stories..too whimsical a person...

I wonder how many of these stories are true and how many change hue and colour as they're passed around smile1.gif. I read the "Naushad Miyan ki dhun" incident somewhere, but there he had supposedly said this to Lata!

+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jan 7 2010, 11:26 AM
Post #398

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yes Aditya, you are right. The Sarangi incident has nothing to do with "Naushad miya ki dhun", sorry I mixed up the things.

I surely remember reading the second part though. The article also mentioned that Ram Narayan was a famous name by that time and Sajjad's tiff with him did not go well with other musicians or even some film producers.

Here is a link to a website on Pandit Ram Narayan, the famous Sarangi player

http://ramnarayansarangi.com/home.htm

Regards
Parag

+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jan 7 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #399

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 6 2010, 09:32 PM) *

Songs of "Sangdil (1952)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album. These all are by the compliments of the Forum members. Thank you. I am also uploading an extended version of the song "Dharti Se Door". The extended version is similar to the regular version except it is preceded by nearly 90 seconds of music.

Here are the songs ...

Dear swarapriya

Not sure about the "Extended version" you posted, but this song also appears as a snippet in the film. Our dear friend Anu had posted the video of the same on our YT channel some time back. Here is the link to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY0MMwg25A0

The song clearly showcases the strengths of both the voices. One can easily find out who is trying to imitate whom..

wink.gif

Regards
Parag

+Quote Post

64 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 05:23 AM