Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Three Reigning Queens

, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis

64 Pages V « < 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Three Reigning Queens, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis
swarapriya
post Nov 20 2009, 01:14 AM
Post #302

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(nandi @ Nov 19 2009, 11:29 AM) *

Thank you for the uploads of so many wonderful songs in such good order.
nandi

My Dear Nandi,

You're a pal.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 24 2009, 06:56 AM
Post #303

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Tamasha (1952)

Here is a beauty of an album. Khemchand Prakash passed away after composing only two songs for this film. Rest of the songs were composed by one of our great singers, Manna Dey, and S.K. Pal. Interestingly this was not the first film for which Manna Dey composed songs. Earlier in 1950, Burmanda was composing music for "Mashaal", also starring Ashok Kumar. Burmanda was so unhappy with Bombay filmworld that he decided to quit without completing his assignment for "Mashaal". Mannada took over to complete songs for that film. Of course, Burmanda changed his mind and came back to stay in Bombay, thanks to Ashok Kumar's persuasion. Thank you Ashokji for this great favor you have done for music lovers.

Interestingly, Mannada didn't sing any songs for this movie. There were only two male songs and both of them were solos by Kishoreda. Music for one of this was provided by Mannada. This is very intersting to me. I wonder how Mannada felt directing Kishoreda for the song because later on in 1968 in "Padosan" there were apparently not too kind comments Mannada made about losing to Kishoreda in the jugalbandi competition as Manna felt that he shouldn't be losing with all the classical training he has where as Kishoreda didn't have any such training. These were the stories published in the newspapers and their accuracy can be easily questioned. Mannada is a seasoned professional, and the song competition was from the movie and was not a real life situation. I am convinced that Mannada has a lot of respect for Kishoreda as another professional singer.

This movie also starred Dev Anand and Kishore Kumar. Meenaji, fresh from her success with "Baiju Bawra" looks absolutely stunning from the stills I have seen. Here is a picture I have borrowed from Geetaj's website. By the way Geetaji has a beautiful song "Raat Mohe Meetha Meetha" singing for Meenaji in the movie.

I am missing one song shown in red italics in the table below. Requesting the Forum members to share this song with rest of us. Thank you. Thanks also go to the members because most of these songs came by their courtesy.

Now for the songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 24 2009, 06:58 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #304

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Nargis) Babul (1950)

Here is a beauty from Naushad Saab. All songs except one are from CDs. Talat's version of "Chhod Babul Ka Ghar" was contributed by the Forum members. It has very poor quality. I am including here for completeness sake.

I am uploading the songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2009, 01:15 PM
Post #305

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Babul (1950)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album. I am also including a slightly extended version of the song "Mere Jeevan Saathi". This was re-recorded in 1980 and is from the album "Legends: Talat Mahmood - The Silken Voice (CD 5)". Now for the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
romesh
post Nov 28 2009, 04:39 PM
Post #306

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58160

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 28 2009, 01:05 PM) *

(Nargis) Babul (1950)

Here is a beauty from Naushad Saab. All songs except one are from CDs. Talat's version of "Chhod Babul Ka Ghar" was contributed by the Forum members. It has very poor quality. I am including here for completeness sake.

dear sp

i have following three versions of the song "chhod babul ka ghar" in my library.

1--chhod babul ka ghar (happy)-----shamshad dbegum--3.17mts
2--chhod babul ka ghar---------------rafi & talat------------3.24mts
3--chhod babul ka ghar (sad)--------talat-------------------1.32mts

I think u are referring to the third song for which the quality seems to be poor if that be so here is the song in good sound quality 1.29mts @192kbps

quote=romesh

+Quote Post
vdsachin
post Nov 28 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #307

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 62523

QUOTE(romesh @ Nov 28 2009, 04:39 PM) *

(Nargis) Babul (1950)

dear sp

i have following three versions of the song "chhod babul ka ghar" in my library.

I think u are referring to the third song for which the quality seems to be poor if that be so here is the song in good sound quality 1.29mts @192kbps

quote=romesh

Romesh - can you please upload the Mohammed Rafi - Talat Mehmood version also.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 29 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #308

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(romesh @ Nov 28 2009, 03:09 AM) *

(Nargis) Babul (1950)

dear sp

quote=romesh

Yes Romesh. Thanks for the song. Can you please upload the Rafi-Talat version too. Many thanks. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 29 2009, 12:31 AM
Post #309

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(vdsachin @ Nov 28 2009, 08:45 AM) *

Romesh - can you please upload the Mohammed Rafi - Talat Mehmood version also.

I second the request. Thanks.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 1 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #310

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Madhubala) Khazana (1951)

This movie with C. Ramchandra's music has some beautiful songs, all by Lata, four solos and four duets. All songs I am uploading here are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. Here are the songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Dec 1 2009, 10:54 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Dec 1 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #311

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 23 2009, 05:26 PM) *

(Meena) Tamasha (1952)

Here is a beauty of an album. Khemchand Prakash passed away after composing only two songs for this film. Rest of the songs were composed by one of our great singers, Manna Dey, and S.K. Pal. Interestingly this was not the first film for which Manna Dey composed songs. Earlier in 1950, Burmanda was composing music for "Mashaal", also starring Ashok Kumar. Burmanda was so unhappy with Bombay filmworld that he decided to quit without completing his assignment for "Mashaal". Mannada took over to complete songs for that film. Of course, Burmanda changed his mind and came back to stay in Bombay, thanks to Ashok Kumar's persuasion. Thank you Ashokji for this great favor you have done for music lovers.

Interestingly, Mannada didn't sing any songs for this movie. There were only two male songs and both of them were solos by Kishoreda. Music for one of this was provided by Mannada. This is very intersting to me. I wonder how Mannada felt directing Kishoreda for the song because later on in 1968 in "Padosan" there were apparently not too kind comments Mannada made about losing to Kishoreda in the jugalbandi competition as Manna felt that he shouldn't be losing with all the classical training he has where as Kishoreda didn't have any such training. These were the stories published in the newspapers and their accuracy can be easily questioned. Mannada is a seasoned professional, and the song competition was from the movie and was not a real life situation. I am convinced that Mannada has a lot of respect for Kishoreda as another professional singer.

This movie also starred Dev Anand and Kishore Kumar. Meenaji, fresh from her success with "Baiju Bawra" looks absolutely stunning from the stills I have seen. Here is a picture I have borrowed from Geetaj's website. By the way Geetaji has a beautiful song "Raat Mohe Meetha Meetha" singing for Meenaji in the movie.

I am missing one song shown in red italics in the table below. Requesting the Forum members to share this song with rest of us. Thank you. Thanks also go to the members because most of these songs came by their courtesy.

Now for the songs ...

SP

This must be one of the rarest album which has songs by Lata ji, Geeta ji, Rajkumari ji and Asha ji. The only notable singer missing is Shamshad ji.

Here is the video of this dreamy and lovely song "Raat mohe meetha meetha sapna aaya re" courtesy our dear friend Anupama ji.

Cheers
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 1 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #312

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 30 2009, 11:11 AM) *

SP

This must be one of the rarest album which has songs by Lata ji, Geeta ji, Rajkumari ji and Asha ji. The only notable singer missing is Shamshad ji.

Here is the video of this dreamy and lovely song "Raat mohe meetha meetha sapna aaya re" courtesy our dear friend Anupama ji.

Cheers
Parag

Yes, you're right on, Parag. And my thanks for the note. Also many thanks to Anupama for the video.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
Exon
post Dec 1 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #313

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 1 2009, 12:36 AM) *

This movie with C. Ramchandra's music has some beautiful songs, all by Lata, four solos and four duets. All songs I am uploading here are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. Here are the songs ...

SP,

Audio of the song, 'soyi soyi chaandni hai, khoyi khoyi raat hai' with me is a Lata solo. Would you please recheck if the uploaded audio is indeed duet? Thanks,

Exon
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Dec 1 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #314

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(Exon @ Dec 1 2009, 06:43 PM) *

SP,

Audio of the song, 'soyi soyi chaandni hai, khoyi khoyi raat hai' with me is a Lata solo. Would you please recheck if the uploaded audio is indeed duet? Thanks,

Exon

Exon, the uploaded song is also a solo.

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 1 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #315

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Dec 1 2009, 05:13 AM) *

SP,

Exon

Exon, like Aditya has confirmed, I have checked the song and it indeed is a solo. It is an error on my part. Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 1 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #316

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Dec 1 2009, 07:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Exon @ Dec 1 2009, 06:43 PM) *

SP,

Exon

Exon, the uploaded song is also a solo.

Yes Aditya, you and Exon who pointed out the error are correct. I have made the change to the table to reflect this. Thanks. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post

64 Pages V « < 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:05 AM