Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Muse & Music

, Music of the Golden Age

182 Pages V « < 46 47 48 49 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Muse & Music, Music of the Golden Age
swarapriya
post Nov 26 2009, 03:44 AM
Post #696

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Songs of "Sone Ki Chidiya (1958)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 26 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #697

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rekha) Sazaa (1972)

Here are the songs from this album. Most of these were contributed by the Forum members. Thank you.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #698

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sadhana) Mera Saaya (1966)

Here is another one of my favorite musical albums. A master of melody, Madan Mohanji. A marvel of a music maker. So many beautiful songs he created over the years. I am uploading all of the songs from the original sound track plus several additional specials in the second post.

This movie was based on a Marathi film. Prior to the Hindi version, the famous L.V. Prasad made this into Telugu, I believe in 1961 or 1962. He didn't direct the movie but produced under his banner. If I am not mistakened he introduced a new hero in that movie. His name was Krishnam Raju. Sadhana's role was played by the actress named Geetanjali (later she starred in Laxmikant & Pyarelal's smashing debut movie "Parasmani" as the heroine opposite Mahipal). The Telugu version didn't do well. Chances are I have those songs, if only I could remember the title of the Telugu movie so that I can upload them here. Anyway, the Hindi version came several years later and was a smashing success. Raj Khosla, who directed the movie, made three movies in a row with Sadhana; "Woh Kaun Thi? (1964)", "Mera Saaya (1966)", and "Anita (1967)". All three films were based on mystery.

Here is the first set of songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #699

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Mera Saaya (1966)" Continued ...

I am uploading several specials in this post. The song "Aap Ki Pahloo Mein", not the complete song Rafi sang in the movie, in Madan Mohan's voice is from the album "Legends: Madan Mohan - The Instinctive Genius (CD3)". The song "Nainon Mein Badra Chhaaye" has a beautiful and lengthy introduction by Lata where she recalls an incident with Madan Mohan, a perfectionist. This is from her album "I Remember Madan Mohan". I am also uploading an extended version of this same song from the album "Legends: Lata Mangeshkar - The Melody Queen (CD3)". Next, hear Madan Mohan give introduction to the title song "Tu Jahaan Jahaan Chalega". This also is from the album "Legends: Madan Mohan - The Instinctive Genius (CD3)".

I am uploading an extended version of "Jhumka Gira Re". This one is by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. Finally, I am uploading Anuradha Paudwal's version of "Tu Jahaan Jahaan Chalega" from her album "A Tribute to Madan Mohan".

Now for these songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2009, 02:23 AM
Post #700

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sadhana) Anita (1967)

Here is the third and final mystery movie Raj Khosla directed with Sadhana as the heroine. Except this one has music by Laxmikant & Pyarelal (the other two had music by Madan Mohan). But the music is still superb. There are two great solos by Mukesh and three by Lata. These and other songs I am uploading here from the original sound track.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2009, 04:46 AM
Post #701

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sadhana) Woh Kaun Thi? (1964)

Here is another magnificent album from the maestro Madan Mohanji. Every song is simply superb. Each one of them is an unforgettable winner. There are three solos by Lata and one by solo that are just fabulous. The song "Lag Jaa Gale" is one of my alltime favorites of her song of Lata. It brings your hear melt with the melancholic melody it appears like only Madanji can craft it. I am uploading all the songs from the original CD plus an extra song that was not on the CD but was contributed by the Forum members. Thank you.

In the second post I am uploading several specials from various albums with introductions from Lata and Madan Saab.

This is the first of the three mystery movies starring Sadhana that Raj Khosla directed. The other two ("Mera Saaya (1966)" and "Anita (1967)") I have uploaded today.

By the way, this movie was made into Tamil and Telugu in 1966. I will upload the songs from the Telugu film in this section following this.

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 29 2009, 12:45 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2009, 05:01 AM
Post #702

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Woh Kaun Thi? (1964)" Continued ...

In this post I am including several specials. There is a longer version of "Lag Jaa Gale" that includes an introduction by Lata. This is from the album "Legends: Madan Mohan - The Instinctive Genius (CD 2)". From the same album, I am including a portion of the song "Naina Barse" that Madan Mohan himself has sung. For the song, "Shokh Nazar", Madanji who took Lataji to unprecedented heights with some of the most melodious songs she ever sang, has some beautiful words for Asha, the singer of this song. This is from the album "Legends: Asha Bhosle - The Enchantress (CD 2)".

I am also including three version songs by Anuradha Paudwal from her album "A Tribute to Madan Mohan". These are the songs "Jo Humne Daastan", "Lag Jaa Gale", and "Naina Barse".

Here are these songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 29 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #703

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Aame Evaru? (1966) - A Telugu Film

This was a remake of the Hindi hit, "Woh Kaun Thi? (1964)" movie. It was simultaneously made into Tamil and Telugu by the Tamil actor and producer Veerappa. Veerappa, who was making "Aadmi" with Dilip, went into severe financial strain to meet Dilip's salary demands. On the top of it, for some reason or other, the shooting of "Aadmi" prolonged. Looking to make some money, he bought the rights to remake "Woh Kaun Thi?". Both Tamil and Telugu versions were completed in a record time. Up and coming actress Jaya Lalita played Sadhana's role. This is the same Jaya Lalita who later on became the chief minister of Tamilnadu. Four of the five songs were a direct copy of Madan Mohanji's tunes and became very popular. But unfortunately for Veerappa, this did not resolve his financial difficulties as both movies didn't do that well as expected.

Here are the songs from the Telugu version ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 29 2009, 06:11 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 29 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #704

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Saira) Aadmi Aur Insaan (1969)

Here is yet another winner from the combination of Sahir Saab and Ravi. Whenever they got together, the result has been some beautiful songs. This time also there is no exception. Each and every song from this album is a delight. My personal favorite from this album is "Zindagi Ittefaaq Hai". Beautiful lyrics. The contrasting voices of Asha and Mahendra casts a mesmerizing spell. On the screen it was Mumtaz who was as dazzling.

All songs from this movie I am uploading here except for one are from the original sound track album. The exception is the extended version of the song "Itni Jaldi Na Karo". This is by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you.

Now for the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 29 2009, 01:52 AM
Post #705

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sharmila) Talash (1969)

Here is another exceptional album from the great Burmanda with several beautiful songs. Almost every song has that unmistakable stamp of Burmanda, the litlting melody. I am uploading these songs from the original sound track album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 29 2009, 01:58 AM
Post #706

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Talash (1969)" Continued ...

Here are rest of the songs from this Burmanda's great album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 29 2009, 02:17 AM
Post #707

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Vyjayanti) College Girl (1960)

There have been several requests to upload the songs from this album. I will upload these songs in back-to-back posts. All songs were contributed by the Forum members. My thanks to them.

One interesting thing about this album is that its lyrics were written by Rajinder Krishan. Shankar & Jaikishan always worked during this phase only with Shailendra & Hasrat Jaipuri. It is different in this case may be because this movie was made in South and most producers from South were invariably stuck with Rajinder Krishan as the lyricist for a long time. Irrespective of who wrote the lyrics, nothing the music duo could do wrong during the peak of their career. There are some beautiful songs in this album.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 29 2009, 02:23 AM
Post #708

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Some Extended Version Songs of "College Girl (1960)"

I am uploading four extended version songs from this album. These all are by the courtesy of our Forum member, Anupama. Thank you very much Anupama. Here are the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
akbaralibhai
post Nov 29 2009, 03:20 AM
Post #709

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3033

Thank you very much Swarapriya for re-uploading College Girl album along with all the other fabulous albums, in great quality, much appreciated.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 29 2009, 06:04 AM
Post #710

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ Nov 28 2009, 01:50 PM) *

Thank you very much Swarapriya for re-uploading College Girl album along with all the other fabulous albums, in great quality, much appreciated.

Akbaralibhai, aap to hamaare bhai saab hain. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post

182 Pages V « < 46 47 48 49 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 03:43 PM