Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Muse & Music

, Music of the Golden Age

182 Pages V « < 44 45 46 47 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Muse & Music, Music of the Golden Age
swarapriya
post Nov 17 2009, 01:29 AM
Post #670

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Pakka Inti Ammaayi (1953) - A Telugu Movie

I had real difficulty in procuring songs of this movie. I was able to get only one that I am uploading here.

This movie had several firsts. A.M. Raja, an established and popular singer, was acting for the first (and the last) time in this movie. Editor of a Telugu periodical, “Jwala”, Muddu Krishna wrote dialogues and songs. This was his first movie. Ashwathama made his debut as a music director with this movie. That great comedian of Telugu cinema, Relangi, was acting as a hero in this movie for the first time. This was the first of many Bengali stories to be made in Telugu.

Here is a bir about Raja (see the attached piture) ...

A.M. Raja was born in 1929 in a village called Ramchandrapuram in Chittoor District of Andhra Pradesh and was of Telugu origin. His family moved to Chennai when he was only three years old after his father passed away. He graduated with a B.A. degree but his major interest was music. He was an accomplished piano player and was well versed in both Carnatic as well as Western styles of music.

Pursuing a career in music led Raja to meet the ace music director K.V. Mahadevan and in due course he became one of his close friends. With Mahadevan’s support Raja recorded several private songs. These were broadcast by AIR. Impressed by Raja’s voice, Gemini’s Vasan gave him a chance to sing all songs for his movie “Samsaram” in 1951.

After singing all songs of the Tamil movie “Samsaram” in 1951, Raja got an opportunity to sing in Telugu movies. This was in the Telugu film “Aadarsham” made in 1952. He also sang in Vasan’s Madhubala-starrer Hindi movie, “Bahut Din Huwe” in 1954. He acted in only one movie, “Pakka Inti Ammaayi”. This was remade as “Padosan” by Mahmood in 1968. In the Hindi version, Raja’s role was played by Kishoreda.

Raja sang in all South Indian languages.

His most famous Telugu movies as a singer were “Appu Chesi Pappu Koodu (1959)”, “Missamma (1955)”, “Pelli Kaanuka (1960)”, “Prema Lekhalu (1953)”, “Vipra Narayana (1954)”, and others. He also was a music director. He composed music for scores of movies in both Tamil and Telugu. He was married to Jikki (G. Krishnaveni), also a famous singer in her own right. Raja died in an accident when he missed a step and fell under a train in1989.

Even though blessed with a great and unique voice, Raja apparently was very difficult to work with. As a singer he gave trouble to several music directors. As a music director, he was equally uncooperative. When the music for “Kalyana Parisu”, Sridhar’s directorial debut movie (made later in Telugu as “Pelli Kaanuka” and in Hindi as “Nazrana”), became an instant hit, he even had differences with him.

Raja is known for a voice that was a blend of melody and rhythm. He was more popular in Tamilandu than in Andhra Pradesh, and left a legacy of thousands of songs that are enjoyed even today.

Here is the only songs I have. Requesting members to come forward to share rest of the songs from this great comedy ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 17 2009, 01:41 AM
Post #671

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Pakkinti Ammaayi (1980) - A Telugu Movie

This was a remake of "Padosan (1968)" which itself was a remake of 1953 Telugu movie that was a remake of a 1952 Bengali movie ...

Telugu version in reality was also very enjoyable, just like the Hindi version. Great singer Balasubramanyam played Kishore's role in Hindi and I thought he did a super job. The music director of the movie, Chakravarti, played Mahmood's role, and he was also superb.

Here are the songs from this movie ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 18 2009, 03:01 AM
Post #672

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sharmila) Satyakam (1969)

This movie was directed by Hrishida. It seems like there are only three songs in the movie. I am uploading those below ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 19 2009, 03:49 AM
Post #673

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Vyjayanti) Kismat Ka Khel (1956)

Here is an early album by Shankar & Jaikishan with their favorite singer Lata singing all but one song. All songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post Nov 19 2009, 07:02 AM
Post #674

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1288

There is a male voice at the end of the song "Ae zamee ae aasmaan" from
"Kismat ka khel". My previous version of the song said that it was Manna
Dey, but on listening to it, I don't think it is. Is it just a chorus singer or does
anybody recognize the voice?
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 19 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #675

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Waheeda) Bees Saal Baad (1962)

This was Hemantda's maiden Hindi production. It was based on Arthur Conan Doyle's famous story of Sherlock Holmes, "Hound of the Baskerville". The story probably was made in English umpteen times. Nevertheless Hindi version had several good things going for it. First and the foremost Hemantda's music. Beautifully haunting. Melodiously mesmerizing. Of course Lata's "Kahin Deep Jale" was a chartbuster and award winner. But to me both songs of Hemantda were utterly unbelievable. There is so much magic, depth, something that touches deep in your heart in the voice of Hemantda. I love it. Second, the movie had some beautiful lyrics written by Shakeel Badayuni Saab. This was the third year in a row he got the Filmfare award as the best lyricist (the other two for "Chaudhvin Ka Chand" in 1960 and "Gharana" in 1961). Thirdly, I thought Waheeda was just absolutely adorable in the role. When it comes to mingle innocense with melancholy she is absolutely great. Waheeda gave performances like this that have become her trademark (for example, "Chaudhvin Ka Chand"). By the way, the movie also introduced Biswajeet, already established as an actor in Bengali movies, to Hindi films.

I am uploading the songs in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all the songs from the film. The second post has some specials. Now for the songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 20 2009, 01:01 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 19 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #676

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Bees Saal Baad(1962)" Continued ...

This post contains a very extended version of "Kahin Deep Jale". This is by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. I am also uploading a couple of songs from Hemantda's "Legends" albums. Actress Moushumi Chatterjee fondly speaks about Hemantda in the introduction to the song "Beqaraar Karke". This one appeared in the album "Legends: Hemant Kumar - The Singer-Composer (CD 3)". The great ghazal singer Jagjit Singh has some nice words for Hemantda in the introduction to "Zara Nazron Se". This one is from the album "Legends: Hemant Kumar - The Singer-Composer (CD 4)".

Here are these songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 20 2009, 01:03 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 21 2009, 03:34 AM
Post #677

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Zeenat) Balika Badhu (1976)

Strictly speaking Zeenat was not in this movie. Yet her filmography gives credit to her for this movie. Apparently she lent her voice to a grown up Rajni (the grown up Balika Badhu). She was uncredited in the titles. Nevertheless, the music of RD is very good. Here are the songs, thanks to the courtesy of the Forum members. By the way there is a song in the movie, "Jagat Musaafir Khaana", that was credited to the lyricist Anand Bakshi as the singer. Is this correct? Or could it be the singer is Bhupinder? Hoping someone can shed light on this. Now for the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rdgadhvi
post Nov 21 2009, 10:03 AM
Post #678

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 15274

SP,

The audio release version is of Anand Bakshi only......Bhupinder version was there in the movie.....so hence uploading the Bhupinder version of "Jagat Musafir Khana"

Jagat Musafir Khana - Bhupinder
128 kbps/ 3:26

Ritesh
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 21 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #679

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(rdgadhvi @ Nov 20 2009, 08:33 PM) *

SP,

The audio release version is of Anand Bakshi only......Bhupinder version was there in the movie.....so hence uploading the Bhupinder version of "Jagat Musafir Khana"

Jagat Musafir Khana - Bhupinder
128 kbps/ 3:26

Thank you Ritesh. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 22 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #680

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Asha) Bin Badal Barsaat (1963)

Here is another great musical from Hemantda. Shakeel Badayuni & Hemantda. Together they struck a great combination. Some of the loveliest lyrics written by Shakeel Saab are in this movie. For example, "Jab Jaag Uthe Armaan" and "Zindagi Kitni Khubsoorat Hai". They also are some of my favorite songs of Hemantda. I am uploading all the songs from the album in my first post. The second post has a couple of extended version songs. Here is the first set of some of the beautiful songs by one of our great music directors, Hemantda ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 22 2009, 03:08 AM
Post #681

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Bin Badal Barsaat (1963)" Continued ...

Here are a couple of extended version songs from this album, bot by the courtesy of the Forummembers ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rpnawani
post Nov 22 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #682

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49669

Thanks Swarapriya for sharing this beautiful album.

rpnawani
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 22 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #683

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(rpnawani @ Nov 21 2009, 10:32 PM) *

Thanks Swarapriya for sharing this beautiful album.

rpnawani

Sure thing. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 23 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #684

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hema) Bhai Ho To Aisa (1972)

Here are songs of this album, most of them by the courtesy of the Forum members ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

182 Pages V « < 44 45 46 47 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 07:58 PM