Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Muse & Music

, Music of the Golden Age

182 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Muse & Music, Music of the Golden Age
swarapriya
post Aug 2 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #271

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Asha) Dil Deke Dekho (1959)

This movie introduced Asha Parekh as an adult actress, as its heroine. Hitherto she acted only as a child artiste. But this was her big breakthrough. When S. Mukherjee gave Nasir Hussain, the writer and director of the movie to select either Sadhana or Asha Parekh for heroine's role, he went along with Asha. Sadhana came later in Mukherjee's "Love in Simla" as its heroine.

This movie was kind of a landmark in the sense that it introduced to the Bombay filmwrold, a new music director. Nothing special about that, but in this case, it happened to be a woman. After these many years of a mature film industry, even today, there are not too many women music directors. Usha Khanna was only 17 years when she made her debut as a music director. It was a sensational debut by a yountg music director. Every song in the movie became a huge hit with beautifully composed and melodiously addictive songs.

Amazing thing about these songs is that they sound so much like O.P. Nayyar's. Nothing to take away from Usha Khanna as songs composed by her in subsequent movies demonstrated. O.P. was her family friend and she followed OP's music closely. Some of that must have influenced on her music compositions of "Dil Deke Dekho". It was OP who introduced Usha to Mukherjee. She wanted to be a singer. But when Mukherjee saw that she can compose too, he gave her a break as a music director.

In a male dominated industry Usha Khanna has been a lone shining star. It is a great tribute to her that she will not let any artificial barriers erected in her path discourage her. She went on to be active in the film industry for nearly 40 years. That kind of longevity itself speaks volumes about her ingenuity as a creative artist. On the way, she composed music to some 80 plus movies and television series. Her legacy is a rich repertoire of songs she composed music for.

She composed music for 11 movies written or produced or directed by Sawan Kumar. Many of these were muscial hits (like "Hawas" and "Souten"). Later she was married to him but that lasted only a brief period.

Incidentally Usha is credited to have helped several budding singers by giving them opportunities to sing in her films. Some of these names include Anupama Deshpande, Hemlata, Mohd. Aziz, Roop Kumar Rathod, Shabbir Kumar, and Sonu Nigam.

I am including a recent picture of Usha here. Also in the second post, I am including a brief interview she did with "BharatStudent.com".

In the CD album, the song "Megha Re" and "Bade Hain" appear as one song without a break. This is also true in the movie as well. I am uploading this. However, I did split up this song into two, which it is. I am also uploading these two sperately. If you upload the joint song, you don't need to upload these two separate songs and vice versa.

There are so many beautiful songs in this great album. Every song is an utter delight. Every song is immensely hummable. But one my most favorite Rafi Saab song is in this album, "Hum Aur Tum Aur Yeh Sama". It is one of those great songs that only Rafi Saab can sing, just charged with so much emotion and packed with so much heart weakening romance. In the film this was picturized so beautifully too. This is one song for ages to remember ... unforgettable!

Here is the first set of songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Aug 2 2009, 08:57 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 2 2009, 01:17 AM
Post #272

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Dil Deke Dekho (1959)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this history making album. Also included here is a brief interview with the great Usha Khanna ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Aug 2 2009, 01:18 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 2 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #273

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hema) Abhinetri (1970)

Here is a beauty from Laxmikant & Pyarelal. Lataji has some nice songs in this movie. Because of the number and lengths of the songs, I will upload them in back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 2 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #274

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Abhinetri (1970)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs of this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 4 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #275

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Mala) Paisa Hi Paisa (1956)

Per EarthMusic there are a whole slew of songs in this movie for which great Anil da composed music. Unfortunately I have only four of them. I will upload them here. Some of these were contributed by the members of this Forum.

The remaining songs that are missing are shown in red italics in the table below. I am hoping that someone can come forward and share these. It is most likely that some of the information entered here may be duplicate.

Here are the four songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mohamedparvez
post Aug 4 2009, 06:52 AM
Post #276

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13875

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 4 2009, 01:54 AM) *

(Mala) Paisa Hi Paisa (1956)

Per EarthMusic there are a whole slew of songs in this movie for which great Anil da composed music. Unfortunately I have only four of them. I will upload them here. Some of these were contributed by the members of this Forum.

The remaining songs that are missing are shown in red italics in the table below. I am hoping that someone can come forward and share these. It is most likely that some of the information entered here may be duplicate.

Here are the four songs ...

dear swarpriya ji i have a song song to share with friends i would like to say thanx to swarapriya for great uploads

track:dil ne maanga pyar bitrate:128kbps duration:3.13

singers:rafi saab ashaji
+Quote Post
mohamedparvez
post Aug 4 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #277

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 13875

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 10 2009, 12:47 AM) *

(Rekha) Dost Aur Dushman (1971)

Unfortunately I don't have a single song from this movie. EarthMusic lists at least the following four songs. If anyone can, please kindly share with us.

DEAR SWARAPIYAJI AND OTHER FRIENDS FORTUNATELY I HAVE 2 SONGS FROM THIS FILM:DOST AUR DSHMAN

TRACK:SANMA O MERA PYAAR KA BANAAYA DURATION:3.17

SINGERS:RAFI SAAB HEMLATA

TRACK:JAB JAB DEKHOON TERI ROOP KI BAHAR DURATION:3.08

SINGER:OUR BELOVED RAFI SAAB

KINDLY VISIT RAFI SAABS BLOG TOTAL OVER 300 PAGES ARE THERE I HAVE POSTED RARE PICTURES AND ARTICLES AND VIDEOS OF RAFI SAAB KINDLY CLICK OLDER POSTS TO GO TO NEXT PAGE KINDLY VISIT ALL THE PAGES KINDLY VISIT THIS LINK THANX

http://rafifanblog.blogspot.com/
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 4 2009, 10:45 AM
Post #278

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(mohamedparvez @ Aug 3 2009, 06:22 PM) *

dear swarpriya ji i have a song song to share with friends i would like to say thanx to swarapriya for great uploads

Parvez Saab,

Thanks for the song. Please kindly drop "ji" next time when you address me.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 4 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #279

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(mohamedparvez @ Aug 3 2009, 08:43 PM) *

DEAR SWARAPIYAJI AND OTHER FRIENDS FORTUNATELY I HAVE 2 SONGS FROM THIS FILM:DOST AUR DSHMAN

TRACK:SANMA O MERA PYAAR KA BANAAYA DURATION:3.17

SINGERS:RAFI SAAB HEMLATA

TRACK:JAB JAB DEKHOON TERI ROOP KI BAHAR DURATION:3.08

SINGER:OUR BELOVED RAFI SAAB

KINDLY VISIT RAFI SAABS BLOG TOTAL OVER 300 PAGES ARE THERE I HAVE POSTED RARE PICTURES AND ARTICLES AND VIDEOS OF RAFI SAAB KINDLY CLICK OLDER POSTS TO GO TO NEXT PAGE KINDLY VISIT ALL THE PAGES KINDLY VISIT THIS LINK THANX

http://rafifanblog.blogspot.com/

Parvez ji,

Thanks a whole bunch for the songs. I have visited the Rafi Saab's web site you are referring to. Great site. I belive I have visited this sometime back also. It appears that it is lot more improved from what I saw last. Keep up the good work and thanks again for the songs.

Swarapriya
+Quote Post
vdsachin
post Aug 4 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #280

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 62523

Few songs from paisa Hi Paisa have been uploaded here:
https://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry615111
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post Aug 4 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #281

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 4 2009, 11:45 AM) *

QUOTE(mohamedparvez @ Aug 3 2009, 06:22 PM) *

Parvez Saab,

Thanks for the song. Please kindly drop "ji" next time when you address me.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

here i am posting two remaining songs.
regarding music director Earth music states --rajkamal, ultra india states sonic omi? which is correct. can somebody also give the name of lyricist
taiyab53
1)dost aur dushman-71-sonic omi-asha-nadan na ban pachhtayega-3.20 mins-160 br
2)dost aur dushman-71-sonic omi-asha-dil ki hasrat kab nikali jayegi-3.11 mins-160 br
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 4 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #282

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(vdsachin @ Aug 4 2009, 12:20 AM) *

Few songs from paisa Hi Paisa have been uploaded here:
https://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry615111

Thank you very much for the pointer. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 4 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #283

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Aug 4 2009, 02:55 AM) *

here i am posting two remaining songs.
regarding music director Earth music states --rajkamal, ultra india states sonic omi? which is correct. can somebody also give the name of lyricist
taiyab53
1)dost aur dushman-71-sonic omi-asha-nadan na ban pachhtayega-3.20 mins-160 br
2)dost aur dushman-71-sonic omi-asha-dil ki hasrat kab nikali jayegi-3.11 mins-160 br

Thanks for the songs. Lyricist of these songs was Asad Bhopali. Cheers. -Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 4 2009, 09:49 PM
Post #284

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Mumtaz) Vallah Kya Baat Hai (1962)

Here is a delightful musical from Roshan Saab ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
jigri1
post Aug 4 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #285

Group Icon

Member No.: 1240

Thanks swarapriya smile1.gif
+Quote Post

182 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 09:57 AM