Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Muse & Music

, Music of the Golden Age

182 Pages V « < 90 91 92 93 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Muse & Music, Music of the Golden Age
swarapriya
post Jul 20 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #1365

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Concluding Songs from "Khamoshi (1969)" ...

I am including some specials in this post. I am uploading here a version song of "Tum Pukaar Lo" by Abhijeet and of the same songs with an introduction by Manna Dey. This was taken from the album "Legends: Hemant Kumar - The Singer-Composer (CD 4)". I am also including two separate version song of "Woh Shaam" one by Amit Kumar and ther by Lata. Lata's song was originally shared with us by our fellow member, exon, but the one I am uploading here is at a higher bit rate that I found in one of the CD collections.

Here are these songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 20 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #1366

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Chivaraku Migiledi (1960) - A Telugu Film

This movie is the Telugu version of "Khamoshi" and preceded the Hindi version by nine years. However, the Telugu version was based on the original Bengali version "Deep Jwele Jai”. I have seen this Telugu version few years ago. Savitri, one of the greatest actresses of our time, gave a stunningly memorable performance in this movie. The pathos, the silent suffering, the conflict between love and care, she exhibited whole gamut of emotions like a fluently lucid poem. I have never seen any such powerful performance in my lifetime. It was a crowing achievement of Savitri’s great career that in real life unfortunately and undeservingly was filled with much tragedy.

The Telugu version has six songs. Two of them, both sung by the great Ghantasala, are based on the Bengali songs. I believe rest of them are all original to the Telugu movie. Of these originals I love the song performed by M.S. Rama Rao.

I came across on the YouTube this video clip where the great Telugu actor A. Nageshwara Rao paying tribute to the late Savitri. I am not sure what the exact occasion was. These are the same actors who paid little sympathy when she was in desperate need for help and her life was in shambles. Now here they are showering praises on how great an actress Savitri really was. In this glowing tribute, however, Rao talks about Savitiri in general and her performance in "Chivaraku Migiledi" in particular. He compares and contrasts her performance with that of Waheeda Rehman (Hind version) and Suchitra Sen (Bengali version). The video has clippings from these three movies interspersed showing how these three great actresses enacted the same scene. The video can be seen at the pointer below …

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccGGogjZv70

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 21 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #1367

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Zeenat) Dostana (1980)

This Raj Khosla-directed movie became a hit but in my opinion the movie was very pale compared to his other directorial efforts. Even the songs and picturizations of them for which Khosla is famous for were just about average even though the title song and the duet of Asha and Kishoreda became very popular.

Here are the songs from an original soundtrack album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 23 2010, 12:39 AM
Post #1368

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Asha) Aan Milo Sajna (1970)

Here is a beautiful album from LP where every song was a hit. I am uploading these songs from an original soundtrack album. Here they are ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ketaki shukla
post Jul 24 2010, 02:42 AM
Post #1369

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1353

Thanks a lot Swarapriya for this wonderful Album Aan Milo Sajna.

Ketaki
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 25 2010, 03:08 AM
Post #1370

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Jul 23 2010, 02:12 PM) *

Thanks a lot Swarapriya for this wonderful Album Aan Milo Sajna.

Ketaki

You're very welcome, Ketaki. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 25 2010, 04:19 AM
Post #1371

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hema) Do Thug (1975)

Here are the songs from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 27 2010, 11:16 AM
Post #1372

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Mala) Gyara Hazar Ladkiyan (1962)

This socially conscious movie which portrays plight of the working women was made by the renowned writer and director K.A. Abbas. I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all but one of the songs from the album. The missing song is shown in red italics in the table below. Requesting the members to share this song if they can. Thank you. The second post contains several extended version songs.

There are several beautiful songs in this album with Rafi Saab's solo and duet version of the songs "Dil Ki Tamanna" taking the top honors. Both of these songs are just absolutely beautiful to listen to. Rafi Saab's voice is so mesmerizingly sweet in both of these songs. You just get hopelessly drowned in the loveliness of this rich listening experience.

Now for the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 27 2010, 11:22 AM
Post #1373

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Gyara Hazar Ladkiyan (1962)" ...

Here are some of the extended vesions of the songs from this fine album. A word of caution. The audibility of these songs is adequate but the tonal quality is nothing to write home about. With that caution, here are the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rpnawani
post Jul 27 2010, 04:07 PM
Post #1374

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49669

Swarapriya, here is the missing song, courtesy HF.

Sab log jdhar woh hain Asha 128 kbps/3.01 min

rpnawani
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 27 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #1375

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(rpnawani @ Jul 27 2010, 03:37 AM) *

Swarapriya, here is the missing song, courtesy HF.

Sab log jdhar woh hain Asha 128 kbps/3.01 min

rpnawani

Thank you RP and the original uploader for sharing this song. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
HarshBhatt
post Jul 28 2010, 08:48 AM
Post #1376

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8788

Thanks for Gyara Hazar Ladkiyan, very nice share.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 28 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #1377

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ Jul 27 2010, 08:18 PM) *

Thanks for Gyara Hazar Ladkiyan, very nice share.

Thank you very much Harshji. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 28 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #1378

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Mumtaz) Daadi Maa (1966)

Mumtaz made 15 movies the previous year, in 1965. That averages well over one movie per month. In 1966, she made another 11 movies. That translates to nearly a movie per month. Incredible!

"Daadi Maa" was made by the great L.V. Prasad who was responsible for so many hit films in Hindi. Mumtaz had only a supporting role. She has to wait until 1970 to star as the heroine of Prasad's "Khilona" for which she finally got a Filmfare Award as the Best Actress. Like all Hindi films Prasad made this was also based on a Telugu film, "Nitya Kalyanam Pachha Toranam (1960)". Interestingly Prasad took only Hit Telugu films to make them in Hindi. But this movie was an exception. In Telugu this was a resounding flop. It has a good story line but no good actors playing the major roles. But it is to the credit of Prasad's genius that he saw that the movie has something to offer and decided to go ahead and make it in Hindi. He made some significant changes to the story. For example, there was no "Daadi" character in the Telugu movie!

The Hindi film became a hit thanks to fine performances by the principals and some great music by Roshan Saab. Many songs from the film became popular, songs such as Rafi Saab's great solo, "Jaata Hoon", the duet by Asha and Mahendra, "Maine Aur Kya Kiya", and the top chartbuster of the film, the duet by Manna and Mahendra, "Uss Ko Nahin Dekha". The last song inspired Rajesh Roshan, son of Roshan Saab, to compose the song of "Karan Arjun (1977)", "Suraj Kab Door Gagan" sung by Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam and Udit Narayan.

I will upload songs from the Telugu film right after I am done with the Hindi songs in this very same directory. Here are the songs from this film, almost all of them from an original soundtrack album ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 29 2010, 06:10 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 28 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #1379

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Nitya Kalyanam Pachha Toranam (1960) - A Telugu Film

This movie was the basis for L.V. Prasad's hit film "Daadi Maa" made in 1966. Here is the complete album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

182 Pages V « < 90 91 92 93 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 06:47 PM