Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Muse & Music

, Music of the Golden Age

182 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Muse & Music, Music of the Golden Age
mmuk2004
post Jun 22 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #113

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 907

That song, "Chandni Raaton Mein" is by Kishore Kumar, and is considered the holy grail for the diehard KK collectors... tongue1.gif

"This isn't right, this isn't even wrong."
Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958)

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Exon
post Jun 22 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #114

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

The song 'chaandni raaton mein' by Kishore Kumar is a much sought after missing song.
Wonder if Nimi will have it in her collection?

Exon
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Jun 22 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #115

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 21 2009, 08:53 PM) *

Hulchul (1971)

With her mold-breaking performance in the movie "Hare Rama Hare Krishna" released in 1971, Zeenat created quite a bit of "Hulchul". The same year she also made "Hulchul", again with RD as the music director. Unfortunately, I don't have much information about its songs. This is surprising because there is so much information out there on RD. I do have a song and a long musical piece from this movie which I am uploading here. If anyone can help with other songs please do so.

Here are the details ...

one of my favorite films!!!

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 23 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #116

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Jahan Pyaar Miley (1969)

Hema Malini followed her Hindi debut of "Sapnon Ka Saudagar" costarring Raj Kapoor with this movie starring Raj's younger brother Shashi Kapoor. Shankar & Jaikishan were at the helm of music once again. There is a usual quota of some beautiful songs like any of a Shankar-Jaikishan movie. All three solos by Rafi Saab are great to listen to. Lata sings only one song in this, but it is a thing of beauty.

I am uloading all the songs here. The first post consists of all the songs of the movie from a CD. The second post consists of couple of extended version songs, coming with the compliments of the Forum members.

Here is the first set of songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 23 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #117

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Extended Version of Some of "Jahan Pyaar Miley (1969)" Songs ...

The following two extended version songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. I may have changed their bit rate with which they were originally uploaded.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 24 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #118

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Suhaagan (1954)

It is kind of bizarre that Mala Sinha appears early in her career in this movie and later during her popular years appears with late Guru Dutt in a movie also entitled "Suhaagan". But star of this 1954 movie was Geeta Bali of many fine movies and later wife of Shammi Kapoor.

During early in her career, Mala Sinha could hardly speak any Hindi. She came from Nepal and acted in several Bengali movies before switching to Bombay. She struck friendship with Geeta Bali who took her under wings and instilled in Sinha confidence.

This movie had music by Vasant & Ramchandra who are apparently not Vasant Desai and C. Ramchandra. I am uploading nine out of 10 songs here with one song missing. This is shown in red italics in the table below. Requesting members to share this if they can.

A word of caution. The quality of these songs is extremely poor. So download them at your own risk. Some of them are fine to listen to but some others are very noisy and even clickety. I am uploading these here only to be complete in this thread. If someone can come up with better quality of these songs, please do so by sharing with rest of us.

Now for the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post Jun 24 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #119

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1288

Here is the song from "Suhaagan" that you did not have.

Song: Yahi wohi duniya
Singer: Lata Mangeshkar
Duration: 3:23
Bitrate: 128 kbps

I also have a longer version of a couple of the Asha solos which I am uploading here.
Song: Mere lalla ko sulaayegi
Singer: Asha Bhonsle
Duration: 2:51

Song: Lalna aayega
Duration: 2:56
Bitrate: 96 kbps

This post has been edited by sangeetbhakt: Jun 24 2009, 08:28 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 24 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #120

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Jun 24 2009, 07:52 AM) *

Song: Yahi wohi duniya
Singer: Lata Mangeshkar
Duration: 3:23

Thanks for all the songs SB. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 25 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #121

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

SB,

There seems to be a problem with this song. I downloaded this but it is only of 17 seconds duration. Other songs are fine. I'm not sure whether anyone else is having the same problem.

Swarapriya
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post Jun 25 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #122

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1288

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 24 2009, 02:33 PM) *

SB,

There seems to be a problem with this song. I downloaded this but it is only of 17 seconds duration. Other songs are fine. I'm not sure whether anyone else is having the same problem.

Swarapriya

SP, if you play the song, I believe it plays for the correct duration. For some reason, with
certain bitrates, the time that the mp3 shows in Windows is not accurate.
+Quote Post
kkg
post Jun 25 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #123

Group Icon

Member No.: 103869

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 14 2009, 12:13 AM) *

Stree (1961)

Mumtaz appeared in several Shantaram movies this being the first one. Even though she appeared in bit roles in his films, later she bacame a full fledged heroine in one of his movies.

Shantaram remade his "Shakuntala (1943)" as "Stree". Shakuntala starred Jayashri, mother of actress Rajashri, and wife of Shantaram. It was a huge hit. "Stree" starring Sandhya, Jayashri's sister, was also a hit. A much older Shantaram starred opposite a younger Sandhya. When critics pointed out this he told them that if only they read the story of Shakuntala carefully they will realize that Dushayanta in the story was much older to Shakuntala as well. Shantaram eventually married Sandhya after divorcing Rajashri.

This movie boasts some of the most beautiful music composed by C. Ramchandra. He was following the huge success of "Navrang" for Shantaram with this movie. He came through in flying colors. Whereas in "Navrang" all female songs were sung by Asha Bhosle, Lata was back this time for "Stree". Lata and Ramchandra amended their differences and started worked together again. This movie also boasts some of the rich lyrics written by the incomparable Bharat Vyas.

According to "EarthMusic" there are 13 songs in this movie. My CD only has nine songs. I am uploading all of them here. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. If anyone of you have these songs, please share with rest of us.

Now for the songs ...

Thanks a lot for this beautiful album
kkg
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 25 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #124

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dr. Vidya (1962)

Here is another movie in which apparently Mumtaz appeared, probably in yet another insignificant role. Asides that, this album boasts some real beautiful music composed by Burmanda. Some songs are so melodious that SD leaves his unmistakable imprint on them. Utterly unforgettable.

Because of the number of songs in this album, I will upload them in two back-to-back posts. Per EarthMusic, I am still missing three songs shown in red italics in the table below. The extended version songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members.

Here is the first set of songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 27 2009, 03:22 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 25 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #125

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Dr. Vidya (1962)" Continued ...

Here are rest of the songs from this beautiful album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jun 25 2009, 11:29 PM
Post #126

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

Swarapriya

I believe I have mentioned some of these things in the past, but no harm in telling them again
1) Dr Vidya marked the comeback of Lata ji working with S D Burman after a gap of about 5 years
2) The tune for Jaani tum to dole was supposed to be made by R D Burman for the film "Gauri" which was supposed to launch Geeta Dutt ji as singing star by Guru Dutt. It was also supposed to be the first cinemascope film to be made in Hindi
3) The song "Aye hay dilruba" is the same as "Pappa ja maar lo". The video of this dance competition song is available on our YT channel on Geeta ji here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ExiPJlAa4...re=channel_page
4) This song is not released on records and is available on the film soundtrack only

Regards
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
RajanCS
post Jun 26 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #127

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 53432

Swarapriya,

Thanks a lot for the Geeta Dutt song from this movie.

Parag,

Thanks for the information relating to this movie.

As regards the song - Jani tum to dole, I have Bangla version - O Jani Bhomra Keno Kotha Koi Na. - written by Gauri Prasanna Majumdar and sung by Dada. I had indicated the MD as Dada Burman in my collection (probably based on IndianScreen.Com from where I had downloaded this song). I am not aware when this Bangla version was recorded.

I did not know that the tune was used for Gowri. Interesting piece of information.

Thanks a lot.

With sincere regards,

Rajan
+Quote Post

182 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:16 AM