Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Muse & Music

, Music of the Golden Age

182 Pages V « < 72 73 74 75 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Muse & Music, Music of the Golden Age
swarapriya
post May 2 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #1083

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ May 1 2010, 11:41 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 27 2010, 11:37 PM) *

(Waheeda) Ghar Ka Chiraag (1967)

Waheeda had a guest role in this film. I have only one song (in two parts) from this movie that I am uploading here. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. If you happen to have any, please kindly share. Thanks.

Now for the one I have ...

here one song which is inmy ollction
taiyab53
ek paise ka swaal hai mere daata-lata-madan mohan-kaifi azmi-3.12 mins-160 br

Thank you very much for sharing the song Taiyabji. Cheers. -S
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 2 2010, 12:52 AM
Post #1084

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Mala) Dharmputra (1961)

Yash Chopra, who made the stunning debut as a director with "Dhool Ka Phool" in 1959, once again comes through with such a fine and thought provoking film with "Dharmputra". It was again produced by his older brother, Bal Raj. The story was set during the partition days and the implications of Hindu-Muslim riligeous conflicts form its core. The movie got the Best Picture National Award but was a financial failure. No wonder Yash Chopra never dealt such a daring theme for the rest of his career.

Shashi Kapoor got a real adult role for the first time in his career in this movie. Shashikala and Rajendra Kumar make uncredited appearance, both in separate song sequences.

One thing that stands out in the movie, apart from its noble plot, is the beautiful music and rich lyrics. N. Dutta tunes many magnificent melodies to the lyrics of Sahir Saab. There are many excellent songs in this movie. For example two of Mahendra's best solos, "Aaj Ki Raat" and "Bhool Sakta Hai Bhala Kaun". Rafi Saab's rollicking "Jo Yeh Dil Diwaana". Asha's two unforgettable numbers, "Main Jab Bhi" and "Naina Kyon". There is also a beautiful qawwali. I have many favorites in this album, but for me, the standout song is Asha's "Main Jab Bhi Akeli Hoti Hoon". Asha takes this song an extra level to give it that sweet touch, it caresses your thoughts like eastern breeze. Utterly unforgettable melody ...

Now for these beautiful songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 2 2010, 09:06 PM
Post #1085

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Mumtaz) Mere Sanam (1965)

Here is OP with Asha and Rafi Saab assisting beautifully and some lovely romantic lyrics written by Majrooh Saab who comes through shining like a morning sun over tranquil waters. It is like never ending song and dance competition. Like vintage wine which gives each sip an increasing pleasure, each song makes you feel better and younger.

When you see this movie, apart from its infectiously melodious songs, there are a couple of things you come back carrying. You wish it was Shammi instead of Biswajeet. No matter how hard Biswajeet tried, he never got even close to what Shammi could have done. Another important thing is that even though Asha has the top billing in the film, you only remember Mumtaz. Vivacious, lovely to look at, you know her time has come. The song "Yeh Hai Reshmi Zulfon Ka Andhera" is just an enticingly provocative and erotic scene picturized on her. She takes the oppertunity to fully take advantage to display her charms to the maximum. You get the feeling that Mumtaz is just a movie or two away before she was destined to storm the film industry along with showcasing her looks may even dominate movies with her limited histrionics.

I am uploading these songs in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 2 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #1086

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Mere Sanam (1965)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this music fest ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 4 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #1087

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Nutan) Chandi Ki Deewar (1964)

Here is another winner from the combination of N. Dutta & Sahir. Their collaboration always produced some memorable songs. We recently saw two finest examples of this in "Dhool Ka Phool" and "Dharmputra" that were uploaded earlier.

Unfortunately I have only four songs from this album. However, they all are beautiful. I may be missing five more songs. These are shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thank you very mcuh. As it is, most of these songs I am uploading here are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you.

Now for the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post May 4 2010, 12:59 AM
Post #1088

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 4 2010, 01:07 AM) *

Here is another winner from the combination of N. Dutta & Sahir. Their collaboration always produced some memorable songs. We recently saw two finest examples of this in "Dhool Ka Phool" and "Dharmputra" that were uploaded earlier.

Unfortunately I have only four songs from this album. However, they all are beautiful. I may be missing five more songs. These are shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thank you very mcuh. As it is, most of these songs I am uploading here are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you.

Now for the songs ...

here is one song
taiyab53
ChandiKiDeewar_1964_yeh_duniya_do_rangi_hai_MRafi__AV__3_18_160.mp3
+Quote Post
vdsachin
post May 5 2010, 09:03 AM
Post #1089

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 62523

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 4 2010, 12:07 AM) *

Now for the songs ...

All the balance songs were once shared by anjvajay on HF long before:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...=46451&st=0

Hope some kind soul will upload them again...
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 5 2010, 09:28 AM
Post #1090

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ May 3 2010, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 4 2010, 01:07 AM) *

Now for the songs ...

here is one song
taiyab53
ChandiKiDeewar_1964_yeh_duniya_do_rangi_hai_MRafi__AV__3_18_160.mp3

Thank you for the song Taiyab. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 5 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #1091

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(vdsachin @ May 4 2010, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 4 2010, 12:07 AM) *

Now for the songs ...

All the balance songs were once shared by anjvajay on HF long before:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...=46451&st=0

Hope some kind soul will upload them again...

Thanks for the pointer. I renew my request to kindly share the missing songs. Thanks. Cheers. -S

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 5 2010, 09:30 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 5 2010, 09:42 AM
Post #1092

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rekha) Do Ankhen (1974)

You get to listen to Rafi Saab's song "Kamal Ka Phool". It is just a clever and fabulous play of words, thanks to Verma Malik Saab, but very appealing the way Rafi Saab sings. Here is this and other songs from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 6 2010, 05:40 AM
Post #1093

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sadhana) Vandana (1975)

Sadhana, who dazzled movie goers with her delicate beauty, is finally showing effects of her ill health as can be seen from the picture below. Sometimes, life can be very unfair. In Sadhana's case it was not only unfair, but seemed like even cruel. The industry in which looks are of paramount importance, after gaining overnight stardom with sweet looks, and maintaining it with nice bit of acting to go with it as well, Sadhana finally has to give way to the bad cards tyrannically dealt to her by some unknown forces.

This movie also has Sarika, as Baby Sarika. She didn't star in too many films to remember for her acting skills but is remembered mostly as the future wife of the South thespian, Kamal Haasan of "Ek Duuje Ke Liye" fame. After many years of that wedding bliss ended in a divorce she was seen recently in a very forgettable movie.

Here are songs from this album, some of them are thanks to the courtesy of the Forum members ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post May 6 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #1094

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 6 2010, 05:40 AM) *

Here are songs from this album, some of them are thanks to the courtesy of the Forum members ...

Apki Inayten is a beautiful song.

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post May 6 2010, 02:47 PM
Post #1095

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 5 2010, 09:42 AM) *

(Rekha) Do Ankhen (1974)

You get to listen to Rafi Saab's song "Kamal Ka Phool". It is just a clever and fabulous play of words, thanks to Verma Malik Saab, but very appealing the way Rafi Saab sings. Here is this and other songs from this album ...

Kamal ke phool is a simply a marvellous song further beautified by the unique singing Of Rafisaab. Ladki uni sau sattar ki...i dont think any one can get away with a song like this except the master himself.

This post has been edited by suhana_safar: May 6 2010, 02:48 PM

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 6 2010, 09:09 PM
Post #1096

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Suhana Safarji, I am in agreement with your assessments of these songs. Cheers. -S

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 6 2010, 09:22 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 6 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #1097

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Saira) Pocketmar (1974)

Here are songs from this nice album ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 6 2010, 09:21 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

182 Pages V « < 72 73 74 75 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:57 AM