Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Muse & Music

, Music of the Golden Age

182 Pages V « < 69 70 71 72 73 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Muse & Music, Music of the Golden Age
swarapriya
post Apr 19 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #1051

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Concluding Songs from "Patang (1960)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 20 2010, 11:51 PM
Post #1052

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Mumtaz) Khandan (1965)

This movie was based on a Tamil hit. It was also made into Telugu in 1962 as "Atma Bandhuvu". The Telugu film was also a hit. "Khandan" also was a huge hit, thanks to good performances and some fine music by Ravi. Every song became a huge hit. Ravi grabbed a Filmfare award as Best Music Director for his efforts. The movie also won for Sunil Dutt a Best Actor award. Rajinder Krishan was chosen as the Best Lyricist for the song "Tumhi Mere Mandir". Lata was adjudged the Best Playback Singer for the same song.

I will upload songs of this film in two back-to-back posts. I will upload songs from the Telugu movie in this same sectionafter I am done uploading the Hindi songs.

Here is the first set of songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 20 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #1053

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Khandan (1965)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 21 2010, 12:10 AM
Post #1054

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Atma Bandhuvu (1962) - A Telugu Film

This film and the Hindi film hit "Khandan (1965)" was based on a Tamil movie. The Telugu film has some nice songs. Here they are ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ayyagari
post Apr 21 2010, 09:59 PM
Post #1055

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 53508

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 21 2010, 12:10 AM) *

This film and the Hindi film hit "Khandan (1965)" was based on a Tamil movie. The Telugu film has some nice songs. Here they are ...

SP, there seems to be something wrong with the info. I have seen 'Atma Bandhuvu' when I was a kid and remember the story. I have seen the story of 'Khandaan' in wikipedia and they bear no resemblance to each other. I also remember a telugu movie with the same story as 'Khandaan' but unfortunately, am unable to remember the name.

BTW, I think 'Atma Bandhuvu' is made in hindi as 'Meherbaan' in the mid sixties.

Madhu

This post has been edited by ayyagari: Apr 21 2010, 10:03 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 22 2010, 09:18 AM
Post #1056

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ayyagari @ Apr 21 2010, 09:29 AM) *

SP, there seems to be something wrong with the info. I have seen 'Atma Bandhuvu' when I was a kid and remember the story. I have seen the story of 'Khandaan' in wikipedia and they bear no resemblance to each other. I also remember a telugu movie with the same story as 'Khandaan' but unfortunately, am unable to remember the name.

BTW, I think 'Atma Bandhuvu' is made in hindi as 'Meherbaan' in the mid sixties.

Madhu

You may be right about this Madhu. I could easily be wrong. I will leave it alone becuase there is no rush here to download these songs anyway. By the way could it be "Kalasi Unte Kaladu Sukham" by any chance? Cheers. -S

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 22 2010, 09:20 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 22 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #1057

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Nutan) Dil Hi To Hai (1963)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded by our fellow member neerajdivy and are still active and can be accessed from the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=86318

Thank you very much Neeraj for sharing these songs ...
+Quote Post
kishor
post Apr 22 2010, 04:51 PM
Post #1058

Group Icon

Member No.: 51348

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 22 2010, 09:18 AM) *

Madhu

You may be right about this Madhu. I could easily be wrong. I will leave it alone becuase there is no rush here to download these songs anyway. By the way could it be "Kalasi Unte Kaladu Sukham" by any chance? Cheers. -S

If sunil dutt is handicapped in that film then it is Kalasiunte kaladu sukham....

Kishor
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post Apr 22 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #1059

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1288

QUOTE(kishor @ Apr 22 2010, 04:21 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 22 2010, 09:18 AM) *

Madhu

If sunil dutt is handicapped in that film then it is Kalasiunte kaladu sukham....

Kishor

Yes, Sunil Dutt's character does have a deformity in his hand in "Khaandaan". The Tamil film
with the same story is called "Bhaaga pirivinai" starred Sivaji Ganeshan in the role with Saroja Devi.
The tamil film has the lovely song "Thangathhile oru kurai irundhaalum tharathhinil kuraivundhoDo"
Nice lyrics by Kannadasan and sung beautifully by P Susheela.
The Hindi equivalent "Tumhi meri mandir tumhi meri pooja" is a nice song, but it
does not even come close to capturing the beauty of the Tamil equivalent. I wonder what the Telugu
equivalent is.
(BTW, the Tamil lyrics approximately translate into "If there is a flaw in the gold, it does not diminish
its quality")

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 23 2010, 01:26 AM
Post #1060

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Apr 22 2010, 09:12 AM) *

Yes, Sunil Dutt's character does have a deformity in his hand in "Khaandaan". The Tamil film
with the same story is called "Bhaaga pirivinai" starred Sivaji Ganeshan in the role with Saroja Devi.
The tamil film has the lovely song "Thangathhile oru kurai irundhaalum tharathhinil kuraivundhoDo"
Nice lyrics by Kannadasan and sung beautifully by P Susheela.
The Hindi equivalent "Tumhi meri mandir tumhi meri pooja" is a nice song, but it
does not even come close to capturing the beauty of the Tamil equivalent. I wonder what the Telugu
equivalent is.
(BTW, the Tamil lyrics approximately translate into "If there is a flaw in the gold, it does not diminish
its quality")

SB, the song is "Melimi Bangaru Melika Tirigina" which almost has the same meaning. I will upload songs of the correct film following this message. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 23 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #1061

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Kalasi Unti Kaladu Sukham (1961) - A Telugu Film

This movie and "Khandan (1965)" were based on a hit Tamil film. I made an error in uploading songs from a wrong Telugu film. My apologies. This movie has some nice songs. Here they are ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 23 2010, 02:04 AM
Post #1062

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rekha) Namak Haraam (1973)

This movie was directed by Hrishida. Even though story is credited to Gulzar, it was an adaptation of the famous English movie called "Becket" starring Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole. Rajesh plays the role of Burton and Amitabh plays the role of O'Toole. The English movie was based on a historical fact and was a period drama. The Hindi version was set in the modern times. But even before the Hindi version came, there was a movie made in Telugu in mid-60s called "Praana Snehitulu" with A. Nageshwara Rao and Jaggayya with almost the same backdrop as that of the Hindi version.

This was the second time Rajesh and Amitabh acted together for a Hrishida film. The other movie was "Anand". In that movie Amitabh was relatively new and eventhough gave a fine, restrained and understated performance, it was Rajesh Khanna's movie all the way. This time around many people were of the opinion that apparently the tables turned. Most of the critics throught that Amitabh's overpowering performance just overshadowed that of Rajesh. After this movie Amitabh's fortunes started climbing up while Rajesh's started declining.

This one is a beauty as far as R.D. Burman's music is concerned. Kishoreda has four solos in it. Out of these three are just outstanding.

Here are the songs from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 24 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #1063

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sadhana) Geetaa Mera Naam (1974)

I am uploading songs from this album in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 24 2010, 01:52 AM
Post #1064

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concuding Songs from "Geetaa Mera Naam (1974)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 25 2010, 04:35 AM
Post #1065

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Saira) Paise Ki GUdiya (1974)

There are some good songs in this album, like Rafi Saab's solo, "Koi Phool Na Khilta", Lata's solo, "Main Toh Darti", and Kishoreda's solo, "Meri Baat Ke Maane Do". I am uploading these and other songs from this album below ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 25 2010, 11:43 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

182 Pages V « < 69 70 71 72 73 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:25 PM